Hello Love, Goodbye Pride

Let’s Meet Halfway

"Minsi-Yah! Enough wine for tonight!" Do Hyun insisted as he notices she starting to get tipsy and getting more talkative.

They were inviting by Su Ryeon and her husband to spend the weekend in one of their properties in the countryside.

"I think Do Hyun is right, I'm pretty sure you don't want to get hangovers and stay in the bed the whole day tomorrow." Su Ryeon seconded.

"Hmmm...ok, ok, what can I do when both of you clearly stopping me, having a good time." She snorts which earns chuckles from the group.

"She's really drank, Do Hyun-ah, just bring her to your room so she can rest." So Ryeon instructs.

Her eyes squint as soon as the sunlight touches her face. She head is aching terribly, as expected her low tolerance to alcohol will surely hit her.

"Ouch!" She groans while rubbing her temple. She feels hot and uncomfortable. 

"Drink this to relieve your headache!"

The deep voice of his boyfriend somehow awaken her senses. She knows at that very moment that he is disappointed at her drunken state but she can't help but giggle to the fact that despite of that her misbehavior at times, he is true to his word and he will still take care of her.

She struggles getting up in the bed. She's a complete mess, her hair is unruly and the pungent smell of the alcohol she consumed makes her nauseous. She immediately noticed that she is clothed in Do Hyun's tshirt. She look up only to see her boyfriend's unhappy expression.

"I'm sorry!"

Do Hyun, remains poker face.

"Hey, are you mad?" She asks.

"How many times, I have to tell you that you should limit your drinking, I'm sure you're aware how little your alcohol tolerance is." His emotionless retort.

"I know that's why, I'm sorry! You know I only drink when you are around."

"But you know, that I can't always be around. People can take advantage of you. How can you sound so careless!"

"Ouch, you're really mad at me! You don't have to worry about me I can take care of myself!"

This time she can no longer hide that she is hurt of Do Hyun's coldness. She expects, that he is in his usual sweet and caring state, particularly that she is not really feeling well.

"Really, you think you really can take care of yourself. You didn't even remember what happened last night." He says still trying to keep his cool.

"What?" She asks cluelessly.

"You just puke on Jung Haeng Hyung, accidentally broke one of the vases in the living room, then passed out. You lost sense of control and created a mess and you think you really can take care of yourself."

Minsi is utterly shocks with what she heard.

"I didn't know!"

"Of course, how would you know? When you are too self-absorbed and you are under the influence!" Do Hyun sarcastic retort.

"Why are you so mad then, I already said I'm sorry and I will apologize to Oppa. I'll pay for the things that I broke, for the damages. You are making things complicated."

"You really think it just that easy! Hyung will surely understand and that vase, yes we can pay for that. You can be accountable but do you really have to be that careless?"

"Yah, Lee Do Hyun! I can be carefree but I'm not careless!"

Minsi starting to loose her temper. She can't believe she's hearing those words from the person she thinks who would understand her.

"Ok, this conversation is pointless! Go shower and fix yourself! Hyung and Noona are waiting for us already." He coldly says.

"Wait, how it come it senseless now. Am'I not allowed to speak for myself."

"When did I prohibit to voice out your opinion? You are overreacting again! Just get ready!" Do Hyun says before heading to the door.

Minsi can't take it anymore. Despite that she is still dizzy and oblivious of what's going on, she get out of the bed and grab Do Hyun's arms.

"Wait, I'm not finish talking. Can we just talk first and tell me why are so mad, why can't you just accept my apologies?"

"Look, you're not yet sober and you should know that I'm just worried about you!"

Hễ calmly says, apparently he is trying to tone down the atmosphere. As much as possible he really doesn't want to argue with Minsi. He understands her, but he thought she needs to learn and reflect on the things that could have gone wrong because of her behavior.

"Oh really, you are just worried, but it seems like you're insinuating that I did something illegal. You know I wouldn't be surprised if one day you would suggest that I should go to rehab and have therapy."

"For Godsake Go Minsi, what are you talking about, I'm just reminding you that you shouldn't drink too much, you're not good at taking it and in general it's not good for your health."

"No, you are making me feel like I'm a bad person, that I'm sick and alcoholic when I just simply want to have fun."

This time Minsi outburst, she felt like that everyone is against her.  She feels like she is being judge for being just herself. All her life she is always guarded, the way she behave and move it is always calculated because she knows that people are watching and expecting her to make mistake. When Do Hyun came into her life that's the only time she feels that she can be truly herself. That despite of her imperfections, he will accept and adore her. But that very moment it's doesn't feel right. His cold treatment and the way he seems embarrassed of her.

"Let's talk later! Hyung and Noona are waiting!"

He is obviously trying not to answer back. Looking at how agitated she is he also realizes that he could have handle it the way that Minsi will not be triggered. She can be sensitive at times as she'd gone through a lot, betrayal, rumors, lost of love ones.

"You are right! We don't want Oppa and Eunnie to worry! You go first, I'll just fix myself!" She calmly says but her tears didn't go unnotice to him.

That very moment, he regretted the way he treated her. He wants to come to hug her, but she quickly headed to the bathroom. With a heavy heart he goes downstairs to meet the couple while Minsi is trying to compose herself. Again hiding what she really feels that very moment.

The afternoon is breezy and solemn. The ripples and sun rays creates scenic view of the lake making it more cinematic. It was a lovely afternoon but the silence is too loud not to be heard. The grass are starting to feel cold against their barefoot as the sun is approaching to call it a day. Tears in Minsi's eyes are threatening to fall that she tends to look faraway to avoid his gaze. Her laughters are force that even her eyes smiles couldn't conceal her pain. And he is aware of her sufferings, he find it hard to breathe as guilt is slowly eating him. This trip is supposed to be fun and celebration of love but he has to endure the ordeal of not able to be by her side. Yes the are sitting close to each other at most time but there is unbearable and awkward distance between them. 

He can't help but inwardly blame himself, for making her upset and uncomfortable.

"Your head still aching?" It was Soo Ryeon who speaks.

"Yeah, but it is tolerable! I'm completely fine!" She denies.

"It's ok Minsi-Yah! Yeobo, I think she should go and rest!" Jung Haeng suggested.

"Aniyo, I'm good! I'll just go to bed early." She's trying to convince them.

"Yeah, you are tired! Come, I'll take you inside." Do Hyun's offer. He honestly want to have alone time with her so they can settle whatever ever misunderstanding they have that morning.

Minsi took his hand as he assisted her to stand up. Despite that she wants to deny any help from him. She doesn't want to make a scene and spoil the mood of everyone. She bid goodbye to Soo Ryeon and Jung Haeng.

As soon as they entered the house, she let go of Do Hyun hands and hurriedly goes upstairs.

He can sense that Minsi needs more time to be alone, the way she is avoiding him. She's not ready to talk.

Do Hyun-ah, I thought you're upstairs!"  Soo Ryeon is a bit such to see him sitting by the kitchen counter.

"Minsi's asleep and I'm just going to get some water. You know when she wakes up." He nervously says.

"Is everything alright? Soo Ryeon asks.

"Yes Noona!"

"I know Minsi like the half of our lives and I can tell that she's not ok! Tell me, you two have disagreements right."

"Noona! You know I care about her, but she seems tò misunderstood. Though I think it's my fault I should have been more patient and understanding." He stutters.

"Ok, Minsi, is a bịt sensitive and she's good at hiding her feelings. At first, I often scolded her when she's getting drank but later on I get used to it. It's not that I'm tolerating it. It's not habitual and she's not dependent on it. It's just her way of coping and as I can see it now it how she celebrates life. Please be more patient with her. She needs you!"

"I love her just the same! And I'm sorry, we didn't mean to make you worry! As í promised, I will take care of her and I'll make her happy and I'll keep it!"

Do Hyun goes to check on her! He was surprised to see her curling her petite body on the coach. His eyes starts to water, apparently she voluntarily chose to sleep on it knowing that Do Hyun wouldn't fit in and it will be uncomfortable for him. She still thinks of his welfare and comfort.

Her face despite of tears stain is stunning against the moonlight. She is delicate and vulnerable and his heart is aching because he cannot protect her and he causes her pain.

She look so peaceful despite that she's troubled. An Angel with broken wings.

"Love, I'm sorry, I love you!"

He chooses not to wake her up and he just watches her until sleep slowly succumbs him.

Another day is about to end and solitude becomes her company once again.  She wants to come to him and be sheltered by his embrace. But she is scared and embarrassed. She acted like a child, contrary to what she thought that she already matured over the years and what she'd been through. That very moment she wanted nothing else but to feel love but she thinks she's unworthy of it. She again begun questioning herself and if she deserves it, if she deserves him. Her mind and heart working in sync, tormenting her.

He can only watch her from behind, the sad look on her face, weary him. If only he has been more patient, no time would had gone to waste. He loves her and nothing will change. He made a promise that she will woo her forever. Now that he decided even if she'll runaway and hide, he will chase her and prove her that he is worthy of her trust and love.

Even her back profile is ethereal, she is there sitting on the wooden dock in her long white summer dress. Although he is not really fond of her showing too much skin, her back is glowing against the late afternoon sunlight. Her long straight hair fall against her tiny waist.

He took all the courage to come to her.

"The sun is about to set! I hope you don't mind if I can watch it with you!"

She look up to be greeted by the most charming smile her eyes ever laid on. She speak no word but nod to show her consent. She wants to decline him but he seems to cast a magic spell on her.

He took a seat beside her but he ensures that there is an ample and respectful space between them.

There's a comfortable silence, the chirping birds and the melodic sound coming from thé distant wind chimes.

His eyes travels back and forth from the view of the lake and the pretty lass besides him.

The lake starts to swallow the fiery red ball of fire and the celestial dome turns pinkish with hint of purple, yellow and blue hues.

"The sky looks pretty!"

He says as he tries to get her attention, but there was no response from her end. He doesn't know if she purposely did it or just like him she is just too mesmerized by the view.

He took a peek of her side profile. She's stunning as sunlight hit that side of her face. He can't help but notice the glow on her face.

He repeated what he said, this time his voice is more audible.

"The sky looks pretty just like the love of my life!"

She heard him and she returns his gaze. She nervously swallow the lumps on and before she could utter a word, tears started flowing from her eyes.

His reflex is to come close to him and wipe those tears away

"I'm sorry!"

"Sshh..come here my love!"

Minsi was welcome by her favorite hug.

"I'm sorry, for my stubbornness, I'm sorry if I don't listen, I'm sorry if I'm too proud." She says 

"I'm sorry too! I was unreasonable. It's true that I'm disappointed but I overreacted and I hurt you!"

He gently carresses her hair and occasionally kisses her forehead.

"Do you still love me?" She asks.

"What kind of question is that of course I do?"

"Even if I'm a drink a lot?!"

"I do!" And he kisses her.

"Even if I smells like a skunk."

"Hahaha! You're far cry from smelling like that! I love you!"

"But you wouldn't join in me bed when I smells like vomit!"

"I did change your clothes but you smell really bad!" He teases her.

"Then you should have ask Eunnie to clean up and dress me!" Minsi says while sporting her cute pout

"Why would I do that? Noona has husband to take care of. I'm your boyfriend so you're my responsibility. Besides it's not the first I see you , I have undress you many times, my hands are good in fixing things, and undressing you one of my talent, I can do that even if eyes are close." He continues 

"Yah, stop!" Minsi protests, hitting his arms.

"What?"

"You're blabbering too much!" She honestly can take her boyfriend's flirting. For the record Do Hyun looks formal most of the time but he's also a typical type who loves teasing her.  At times he would even pull a prank on her. 

"I can't believe that you are still shy around me!"

"I'm not, but we don't talk about those things in public."

"Hahaha, look around no one can see us and no one will hear us, but I really do want the whole world to know how much I love you!"

"I love you more!" She says in a more serious tone.

"God! I miss you so much! Can I just kiss you?"

"You already did earlier, why you are asking permission right now?" Her another protest.

Without further adieu, he captures her lips with his. He started slow and sweet. But he wants to pour out all his love in that kiss. He gently slant, angle his head and held her neck to deepen the kiss. Kissing her is his second nature. He loves every second of it and he always make sure that she'll enjoy it too.

Little they know that their sweet rendezvous is being witnessed by another couple not so far from where they are.

"Apparently, they are seems more than ok now!" Jung Haeng tells to his wife.

"Yeah, I guess Minsi can be a little immature at time, I'm glad Do Hyun can handle her."

"I can relate to Do Hyun!"

"Yeobo, are you saying that I'm immature!" Soo Ryeon lightly slap her husband.

"Aniyo, you're taking it on a wrong context. You and Minsi are totally poles apart that's why I'm surprised that the two of you clicked. What I'm trying to say is both Do Hyun and I is crazy in love with our lady love."

"Yah, when did you became cheesy, Mr Police officer? Hahaha"

"I don't know maybe I just learned it from Minsi!"

"I agree! Yah, let's go!"

"Yah, can I have my kiss, first?"

"Save that for later!

"Yah, sometimes I wish you to be more romantic!"

"Are you complaining?"

"Aniyo!" He denies firmly.

The sun has fully set, and the breeze are getting cooler.

The two broke the kiss but their foreheads are resting against each other. They are both heaving due to the intensity of their kisses.

"I love you so much" Do Hyun murmurs before kissing her again.

"I love you, Do Hyun-ah! Please don't get mad at me anymore!" 

"Just try not be too stubborn, ok! Or else you'll be punished!"

"I don't want punishment! I just want your love and kisses!" She giggles.

"Yah! Naughty Girl!" Do Hyun can only chuckle at her cuteness.

"Don't you like it?" She asks.

"I love it! I love every inch of you! I love you when you're happy! I love you when you're sad. I don't mind if you are  naughty or nice! I'm just crazy in love with you!"

"Hmmm...I don't know!" Minsi pout again.

"What, didn't I prove it to you many times? Do you want me to prove it even more?" He suggests.

"Show me how?" 

"Kaja, let's go!"