The New Beginnings

Let’s Meet Halfway

"Yah, what are you doing here?"

Kwang Kyu, Hye Gun and Kyungsoo visited him to his apartment without prior notice. Today is Soo Ryeon's wedding and they went there to see Do Hyun since he is going to attend with Minsi.

"We just want to make sure that you'll look good for the event!" Kwang Kyu says.

"And also, told us that you use one of his cars." Hye Gun seconded.

"It's not really necessary!" Do Hyun scratches the back of his neck. He thinks that the boys are more excited than him.

"What?  Of course, you're not going there with your motorcycle neither Hero!" Hye Gun adds.

"That's right Do Hyun-ssi! We all know that Minsi wouldn't mind, but at least you must leave a good impression to other guests as well." 
 

Soo Ryeon is a public figure so is her husband to be. It is anticipated that wedding will be attended by well-known personalities like politicians, government officials,  dignitaries celebrities and more business magnates. The groom and bride despite trying to be low key they can't deny the fact that they are both from reputable clans in Seoul. Soo Ryeon parents are both well-known corporate lawyers, while Jung Haeng comes from a family of politicians.

"Do Hyun-ssi, I hope you won't take it negatively."

Do Hyun smiles, he actually have no time to think bad about their intentions. They are right and he should not let his pride gets in the way and ruins the lovely day that awaits him and Minsi.

"I really appreciate your help! So what car did Hyung lend me?"

"That silver Ferrari 488 GTB!" Kyungsoo divulges.

Soochan as a car enthusiast, owns a vast collection of cars. From Sedan, Sport Cars  convertibles and mini vans he has a handful. In fact, aside from the Autoshop he also has a rent-a-car business which he meticulously manage. But since it is Do Hyun, he can use any car in his garage free of charge. 

"Yah, I guess I need to be extra careful!" He laughs nervously.

"Exactly, I'm quite nervous too driving the car here." Kyungsoo states.

He agrees  because the streets in their  neighborhood are remarkably narrow and steep.

"Relax, just enjoy! You should get ready by now!"

***

Meanwhile, Minsi is also preparing for the wedding. Her dress will no longer surprise Do Hyun. Overall, she just wants her looks to be something simple yet elegant. Her make-up is subtle but appropriate for mid afternoon and lasr until evening. The hairstylist, suggested to keep her hair down with a soft curl at the tip to compliment the style of her dress and somehow cover her back due to it's low cut details. The wedding will be held in a hill top hotel, overlooking city of Seoul.

"You are lovely, Ms. Minsi!" The stylish says.

"Thank you!" Her shy and humble reply.

"Why did I even put blush on, on your face when you are already blushing from a simple compliment?" The stylist didn't fail to notice how her cheeks turn pink quickly.

After few minutes and finishing touches, she change into her dress, with the help of the stylist. She is expecting Do Hyun to fetch her in this private saloon owned by one of her colleagues. Both of them actually had a room reserved  by the couple for their special guests but they decided that they will just consume the privilege after the party, since both of them are busy the day prior the wedding.

And just so, Do Hyun arrives at their meeting place looking dapper and breathtakingly handsome in his suit and brushed-up hairstyle. She knew he has it, the first time they met, she must admit that she was first attracted to his handsome features and physique.

"Your prince-charming is here!" The stylish says.

His breath hitch as soon his eyes meet hers. He is drowning in her eye smile. She looks ethereal. It's seems like a preview of how she's going to look like on her own wedding and if it's not too much for a wishful thinking, he prays that he is the one who will wait for her at the end of the aisles.

"Shall we!" He offers his hand to assist her.

The couple politely bow before they leave the saloon.

***

It's a wonderful Autumn day, the atmosphere is cold and crisp. Fallen foliages are now scattered on the roads and that makes the scenery more lovely. They arrive in the hotel just in time, 20 minutes before the ceremony starts. Minsi and Do Hyun decided to meet and talk to Soo Ryeon in the dressing room first.

"Yah, don't cry, if you don't want to ruin your make-up." Minsi notices that her former roommate is about to shed some tears.

"You're finally here!" 

Minsi knew that Soo Ryeon is nervous and who wouldn't be, all eyes are on her as soon as she march down the aisles. She gently squeezes her hand to assure her that everything will be just fine.

After few minutes of chitchat, the organizers inform Soo Ryeon to get ready. Minsi and Do Hyun then decided to go back to their reserved table which they share with Mr. Hwang, his wife Bomi and Park Sun Min. Finally, Minsi introduces Do Hyun to her friends.

"Nice meeting you Do Hyun-ssi!" Bomi says, she is obviously feels giddy knowing that Minsi is now with someone.

"So, you are the reason why Minsi rarely join our team's dinner nowadays." Sun Min jokes.

"Unnie!"

"We finally meet you Do Hyun-ssi!" Mr. Hwang extends his hand for a handshake.

Do Hyun bows his head politely as show respect.

The music starts, the orchestra plays "Pachelbel Canon" as the bride proceeds walking down the beautiful aisles which is adorned  with white and pink tulips. Soo Ryeon looks stunning in her elegant wedding gown it accentuates her tall and slim figure. Her face is glowing with happiness and love. While Jung Haeng this handsome police officer stares lovingly at her as he waits for her at the end of the altar.

However, instead of watching Soo Ryeo, Do Hyun fixed his gaze to the girl besides him. He notices that Minsi is tearing up and that made him offer his handkerchief which Minsi gladly accepts. 

The husband and wife exchange their vows and seal it with a loving kiss. 

Some of the guests were invited to give their short messages and wishes for the newlyweds and of course Minsi is one of them. She delivered one of the most heartfelt message for the couple whom she treats as her own family.

"Jung Haeng oppa, please love and take care of Unnie! I love you both. Congratulations and best wishes!"

"I hereby propose a toast!"

Minsi, goes back to her seat. They are having fun as they enjoy the 8-course meal prepared for the guests.

"Minsi-ah, since Soo Ryeon is married. I guess you're now living alone?" Bomi asks.

"Yes Unnie, but I kinda used to it, you know even before she gets married, we are living together but we don't see each other very often. I mean the nature of her job, she's always on the go!"

"Why don't you live with Sun Min, at least we will all be at ease knowing that you're not all by yourself."

"Aniyo, unnie, we're friends but the idea of sharing a house with her doesn't enters my mind. It can be troublesome since she my subordinate, and you don't know how much we argue." Sun Min protests.

"Ok, why don't you just move in with Do Hyun-ssi instead?" Bomi's suggests while sporting an innocent look. 

Minsi and Do Hyun both choke at Bomi's statement.

"Yeobo!" 

"What I mean is that they can share a house but I'm not suggesting them to sleep in the same room!" She explains boldly.

The two were flustered evenmore. Do Hyun thinks that it isn't ok at this stage,  it's true that they are seeing each other exclusively but they are still getting to know each other. Also, he respects Minsi and he would like to tell her everything about him first before he suggests to move forward to such kind of commitment.

"Yah, stop that! You're making them uncomfortable. Do Hyun-ssi, don't mind my wife's bluffing!"

"Honey, I'm not bluffing. For now, he is the only person we can entrust our Minsi!"

"Unnie, I know you are just concern but I'm really ok!" Minsi laughs awkwardly.

"Yeah, and also I live in the same neighborhood and I do check her from time to time." Do Hyun adds.

"Ok, but you can't stop me from worrying."

"Yeobo, just eat ok!"

Bomi is always like that, she's a bit stubborn but she genuinely cares for Minsi.

Do Hyun, excuse himself and goes to the restroom. His conversation with Minsi's friends is something he didn't except. He is glad that Minsi is surrounded with fun and interesting people. But his mood changed quickly when he overheard some men talking about Minsi.

"Guys, did you see Professor Go's daughter?"

"Yeah, Minsi-ssi she's hot! I mean we all know that she's pretty even before but now she's a bomb."

By the way, do you know who's the guy she's with tonight? I tries to recall if he's someone from SNU, but bell's not ringing."

"Why do you even ask? She is known for dating just random guys, I heard she's even dated a married man."

"She's might looks innocent but she's easy."

"Oh well, as I remember she rejected you even before you could ask her out!"

"Hahaha!"

"Guys, it's a blessing in disguise. I don't want to be associated to a girl like her. But I wouldn't miss a chance to bed her. One night stand I bet she's ok and good at it!"

Do Hyun clutches his fists, it takes a lot of self-control not to approach and punch those men for badmouthing Minsi. Their laughters made him really furious. Don't they have mothers or sisters how easy it is for them to disrespect woman like that? Considering that these men are lawyers, doctors and have honorable titles affix to their names. He lets his anger subsides before he goes out from the rest room, he doesn't want to make a scene as he have a regards to Soo Ryeon and Jung Haeng.

He returns to their table, still feeling upset. He calmly engage to the casual and friendly conversation with Minsi's friends and colleagues as they watch the couple's first dance. The host announces and invites everyone to join the newlyweds at the dance floor. But instead Minsi invites him to get some fresh air outside. 

"Tell me what's bothering you?" Minsi asks all of a sudden.

He was taken aback with her sudden inquiry, he didn't know that he is that obvious. 

A little and bitter smile creeps out on his lips. He thought she's really a keen observer. It seems that she can read his emotions and he can't hide anything from her.

He sighs deeply before he speaks.

"Those men, they were talking about you. Their harsh words infuriates me, but I can't do anything to stop them."

"You don't have to do anything. I don't need to prove myself to them. I grew up taking all the hates. Though I won't deny, when I was younger it made me really upset. However, those things doesn't matter to me anymore. I don't need to be liked by everyone I just need someone who will believe in me. I'm a grown-up, I don't need to be protected all the time. Don't take it on a negative context, I really appreciate that I have you by my side but I don't want you to suffer thinking that you have to shield all the hate these people  bestowed on me."

"But you don't deserve such kind of treatment, you're too kind, so pure and beautiful! You can't blame me from wanting to take care of you!"

"I'm aware of that, that's why I'm grateful. You should know that your presence is enough for me to feel safe."

Minsi touches his face and gaze at his orbs lovingly.

"I love you!"

Those words freely comes out from his lips. He can no longer keep that to himself, he wants to assure her of what he feels about her, not just by his actions and he will never get tired saying those words to her.

Minsi allows her tears to escape from her eyes. A tears of joy by knowing how he truly feels about her.

"What took you so long to realize that, you know how long I waited to hear those words from you!"

"I love you so much Go Min Si!"

"I love you too, Lee Do Hyun!"

With that he took her in a sweet embrace. The cold autumn breeze doesn't bother them anymore. They let themselves drawn in each other's eyes and before they knew it, their lips are now connected into an earth-shattering kiss. For Do Hyun, the tastes of her lips is like what he always imagines, it's sweet like a strawberry. While Minsi, she never felt a kiss that is so pure not until that very moment. This type of kiss they will both enjoy on a lazy afternoon but at the same time it's full of passion. They are like two souls, who carry potent emotions for a long time that they pour everything in that kiss. They are both swept away.  Everything around them turns magical, with the sky now lit with colorful lights from a fireworks display. After few minutes, they break the kiss and gaze lovingly at each other. His fingers trace her lovely face.

"You are so beautiful and amazing!" 

They continue to hug each other's tightly and together they watch the marvelous view of the sky.