Mother Mistakes

Two in a Million

It hurt.

It hurt to go to the SME Director and give him the medical documents, written and signed by Doctor’s Jung’s Private Clinic, suspending him of any activity, breaking his contract.

It hurt to tell the Director that he should replace him with someone else in order to keep SHINee alive.

It hurt to pack his bags while everyone was away.

It hurt to leave the apartment without saying goodbye, but he knew that he wouldn’t have the courage to go if he saw his friend’s faces. He just couldn’t do it, he couldn’t say goodbye. It hurt a lot.

 

But what hurt the most…was stepping inside that plane, disappearing in the sky, watching as his dreams flew away from him in just a few seconds.

 

Key wiped the tears on his eyes and gave Doctor Jung a small smile.

The older male gave the boy a pitiful look, rubbing the younger’s shoulder.

 

It was necessary to fly to the USA to find the specialists that Doctor Jung had talked about, so he had to leave Korea behind, leave his band behind, his family, his friends, his everything.

He had made his decision, he was going to fight for his kids, he wasn’t going to let them die…even if it meant giving up on everything he had battled for.

 

But he wasn’t going to give up on Jonghyun. He wasn’t stupid, he knew that the older boy had no fault in this; he was much as a victim as he was. He needed to think of something…some way to prove to the singer that he was telling the truth, but right now, he needed to focus the twins.

 

Twins. His twins.

He still didn’t believe it, it was something hard to swallow. It dint seem real.

But it was real. This was real, that plane was real.

 

“You’ll need to call your family soon. Keeping everyone in the dark will only difficult things.” The doctor said, his eyes never leaving the book he had been reading.

 

Key nodded, looking out of the window, staring at the night sky outside. “Thank you…”

 

The older man adjusted his glasses on his nose. “What for?”

 

“For doing this.For supporting me, for not giving up on my case, for traveling with me. You left your clinic…” Key was feeling guilty now.

 

“Don’t worry, I think of this as vacations! I never leave the clinic so this will be a good change! I trust my nurse, she’s was in the army in the past, she can deal with the clinic just fine.” The doctor laughed. “I’m happy to follow your case, I’ll learn many things from this, this is an unique chance.”

 

Key sighed. Unique indeed.

 

 


 

Taemin jumped from the couch and ran to Key’s room, slamming the door open. The maknae gasped.

The room was clean, empty. No personal objects, no clothes, no nothing.

What…? Why?! Why did he do this?!

 

In the living room, Jonghyun felt his blood boil inside his veins.

Left…? He left SHINee…?

What right did he had…to leave them? No, he couldn’t do it!

 

“Wait, something is wrong in here! SM don’t just leave members out of their bands like that! The contract is very strict!” Minho yelled. “Who told you this?!”

 

Onew handed the paper he had been holding to the taller boy. “The Director himself. It seems that Key went straight to him.”

 

“This is not right! How can his contract be over?! It’s impossible!” Minho shouted, reading the paper in his hands. “How…how could he do this?”

 

Jonghyun couldn’t believe it. His mind seemed to have stopped thinking, his heart seemed to stop beating, his eyes stopped blinking.

He walked into the rapper’s room and stared as he watched Taemin kneeled in front of Key’s bed, sobbing in his pillow. The room…was empty.

 

He left them.

He didn’t even explain why, he just left them.

 

Why..?

Was it because of him?

But why? Their situation wasn’t his fault… Key was the one who cheated on him!

But…Key wasn’t the one to give up on his dreams like that…he was a fighter, the most stubborn person he knew. He wouldn’t give up on SHINee because of his love life…

But he did. He found a way to break the contract. He found the impossible.

 

“Where is he?! Let’s go talk to him! He’s completely nuts!” Minho screamed from the living room.

 

Taemin raised his head from Key’s pillow, his eyes red from crying. “Hyung…don’t let him go…”

 

He didn’t want to.

Without Key there was no SHINee, he was pretty aware of that.

 

“I didn’t finish.” Onew said in the living room. “Key is being replaced.”

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened and he walked slowly to his friends again. “W-what do you mean replaced..?”

 

“There is a new kid coming tomorrow. Key demanded to have someone to replace him, to keep SHINee alive…” Onew fought the tears that were accumulating on his eyes.

 

“IS HE STUPID?!” Jonghyun shouted, his body shaking. “NO ONE CAN REPLACE HIM!”

 

“I don’t understand…” Taemin came behind Jonghyun, never letting go of the now wet pillow.

 

“Key is smart, this don’t make any sense. Let’s go after him and find out why he’s doing this! He can’t leave the band because of a failed relationship!” Minho yelled, waving his arms like a maniac.

 

Sometimes I just hate the fact that I’m stuck in this band with you!

 

Jonghyun’s mouth dropped, his own words echoing in his head, haunting him.

He said it to him…

Did that mean…that this was his fault..?

 

“That’s the problem.” Onew let out a strangled sob. “I already tried to contact him while I was coming here. He disappeared.”

 

“Disappeared how?” Minho frowned, lifting his hand to his forehead, stress rushing through his veins.

 

“He vanished! No one knows where he is! Not even SM! No one!  That…selfish bastard left without leaving a single clue!” Onew screamed angrily, punching the wall.

 

The three boys looked at their leader in shock. This was the first time seeing Onew so upset.

 

“His family-” Taemin suggested in a tiny voice.

 

The older boy shook his head negatively, resting his arm against the wall, head down. “They didn’t know Key had left until I told them... I called Key but…he changed his number.”

 

“Amber! Call her!” Jonghyun groaned, pointing at the phone on the table.

 

“Don’t you get it?! I freaked out! I already called everyone that I thought Key would go to!”  Onew snapped. “Amber knew nothing about this! She’s just as shocked as we are!”

 

The band fell silent, four boys looking as lost as ever, confused and hurt.

 

 


 

This was Key’s fourth day in New York. He was currently staying in a hotel with Doctor Jung.

They had two meetings with the specialists already in the RYT Hospital, the hospital that had made the male pregnancy possible for the first time.

On the third day there, Key’s mouth dropped to the floor when he met Mr. Lee, the man that was now eight months pregnant by implantation.

He was shocked to see how big the man’s stomach was and it sent him a huge shiver down his spine. He sure was going to get fat…

 

Tomorrow he would repeat dozen of tests, so he had the rest of the day to rest. Doctor Jung left him in the hotel and drove to the hospital again to work on his case.

 

Alone in the hotel room, Key stared at his cellphone. He needed to call her.

Doctor Jung had warned him to stay calm though, to don’t get himself stressed. Easy to say, hard to do, however, he needed to do it nonetheless.

 

He had almost certainly hit the news in Korea already, his mother was probably freaking out, not knowing where he was.

Sighing, the ex-idol grabbed his phone and dialed a sequence of familiar numbers. He sat on the bed and waited. It was nighttime in there, was she home? Was she working? He would never know, being a nurse, she had the most complex schedules.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hello mom.” Key tried not to sound bitter.

 

He heard a loud gasp on the other line. “Kibum! Oh my god! I’ve been so worried! Where are you?! What happened?! The news are all over the place!” His mother shouted, a concerned tone on her voice.

 

“That’s not important now.” Key replied.

 

“Not important?! Kibum! Do you know how freaked out I got when Jinki called me, sobbing, asking me if you were home?! Your friends are devastated! I demand an explanation right now!”His mother cried out, her voice trembling. “I was so worried…tell me you are alright!”

 

“I would be lying.” Key snorted.

 

There was silence on the other line for a minute before he heard a sigh. “Kibum…you just made the mistake of your life. What happened?”

 

Oh? So he was the once making mistakes here? That’s funny!

 

“I was the one doing the mistake? Think again mom, I think this is your fault.” Key didn’t resist to say. He had kept so much to himself; he just needed to let it out…

 

“Me? How am I to fault?”

 

“Doctor Jung Dongwook. Is that name familiar?” Key asked in an icy tone, enjoying how his mother suddenly fell silent, her breathing getting irregular. Oh, now she was freaking out.

 

“W-what do you mean?”

 

Was she playing innocent now?!

Oh no, she wasn’t getting away with this…

 

“Stop it. I found out. I know everything.” The rapper took a deep breath, trying to stay calm.

 

“Kibum, I don’t know what you’re talking about..”

 

Oh no, she didn’t.

This was getting ridiculous now.

 

“Then let me revive your memory. When I was born I came to this world quite…different didn’t I? Mom, I know it all. Stop the acting! I’m tired of lies!” Key shouted.

 

“How…how did you know? Since when..?”His mother gagged, taking her sweet time to reply.

 

Key sighed, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand, letting his back hit the pillows on the bed. “Grandma left me a letter…she told me to go after the doctor.”

 

“What? But your grandmother-”

 

“Before dying she planned on give me that letter. If you ever went to her house after her death you would find it in her desk! But you never entered it! For three years!” Key snapped, his voice as cold as it could get.

 

“I was busy…”The reply came as a whisper and it made Key let out a sarcastic laugh.

 

“You are ALWAYS busy! Too busy to raise me, too busy to give me love when I was a child, too busy to visit your dead mother’s house!” Key exploded, feeling adrenaline rush down his body. He was just…so mad! “I took the keys and went to clean the house. Then I found it.”

 

“Kibum…I’m sorry…I- we’ll get you a surgery soon, I promise…”His mother’s words started to come in sobs.

 

So now she was admitting her mistake. Too bad it was too late…

 

“I can’t.” The blonde boy sighed, letting his hand rest on this tummy. He wasn’t big at all, he was still pretty skinny but…he needed to go shopping soon.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You destroyed my life for not telling me I had female organs inside me.” He said, trying not to yell. He needed to keep calm…

 

“Destroyed your life? Now you’re just dramatizing..!”

 

What…?

Key felt his blood boil and his fingers curled on his palm.

 

“I’m PREGNANT!” The blonde boy shouted, anger filling his senses. “Isn’t that enough reason to be dramatic?!”

 

“What-what are you talking about?! That’s impossible! This isn’t the time to be funny!”The woman yelled back.

 

“Funny? Am I laughing?” Key whispered, feeling his eyes water. How could this person be a nurse when she was so cold hearted..?

 

“You can’t be-”

 

Key didn’t wait for her to finish. “My…female organs grew big enough and so did the canal that my organism created as a baby. You’re a nurse; you know what I’m trying to say. ”

 

Key stayed silent as he listened to his mother’s heavy breathing, small sobs on the other line.

“But you…you aren’t…Kibum…” The woman chocked on her own words. “You had…that kind of relationship with someone?!”

 

“I had a boyfriend yes.” He said shamelessly.  Why hid it? It was obvious now that he was pregnant.

 

“Had?”

 

“We fought.” Key closed his eyes, resting his back on the pillows. he didn’t want to talk about that topic just yet…

 

“Who…who is he?”

 

“That doesn’t matter.” Key murmured.

 

The woman’s voice broke a bit and went back to the sobbing. “How can you say that?! Oh my god… did you make any tests? Are you sure of this?”

 

“Mom, I’m two months pregnant, I’m quite sure. I’ve seen them!” Key let out a sarcastic laugh. He wouldn’t give up on his band if he hadn’t been sure!

 

“Them…?”

 

“They’re twins…”

 

Silence.

Key smiled to himself, he had to admit that it was indeed shocking.

 

“Wait. Just…wait.”His mother took deep breaths, her breathing clearly unstable. “What are you saying Kibum…?”

 

“I’m saying that I’m pregnant with twins. If you told me about my body earlier, I would never be like this! I should have removed these organs a long time ago!” He snapped. She needed this, she deserved it right? He was only telling the truth!

 

“I never thought you would turn out gay…it wouldn’t matter…”It came as a whisper.

 

Key snorted. “Well, I didn’t know I’d love a boy either! It’s not my fault you hid this from me!”

 

“Oh my god…this can’t be happening…that’s why you left the band…”She was crying now.

 

“Exactly. No one knows about this, only you, Doctor Jung and a few other doctors that are taking care of me.” Key curled his body in a fetal position.

 

“Kibum…this is too dangerous. You’re a male! Your body won’t take this! You need to abort!”She shouted.

 

Key frowned, his free hand hugging his belly unconsciously.. “I’m not going to do that to my kids.”

 

“You’re two months pr-pregnant right..? You can still do it! It would make your life much easier!”

 

Key gasped in horror, suddenly feeling nauseous. “How can you even say that?! They’re your grandchildren!”

 

“I’m sorry…I know that…I’m..I’m just so shocked… I never thought this could happen…”

 

“But it did. And I already made up my mind. I’m keeping them.” Key spoke in a firm voice, letting her know of his final decision.

 

“Kibum…that’s too risky…”

 

Key sighed. “I know. But right now, I have nothing to lose. I already gave up on everything I had so I could do this.”

 

“That’s…really noble…but do you realize that you’re throwing out everything you wanted? Your dreams! Do you realize this? Your life will never be like before! Those kids will ruin-”

 

“I dare you.” Key’s voice came out in a low, dangerous tone. “I dare you to speak one more word of my children...”

 

“Kibum…”

 

“You chose your career over me…but I’m not like you…” Key spitted the words, feeling disgusted by the woman’s words.

 

“My son…” She sobbed.

 

Truth hurts huh? “I just wanted to tell you that I’m okay.  It’s done.”

 

“Please…tell me, where are you..?”

 

“Why do you want to know? It’s not like you would come to help me in anything. Your work is more important.” Key smiled, proud of his own words.

 

“Kibum! Don’t talk like that!”The woman cried.

 

“It’s TRUE! I’m sick of your cold attitudes! I’m sick of you being so obsessed with your job! You never gave me love! You never kissed my cheek in the morning while I was going to school! You never held my hand in the street! You never kissed me goodnight! My real mother was my grandmother!” Key felt tears run down his cheeks. “Even dead, she saved my life! If she never left that letter I’d be in a bigger trouble than I am now!”

 

“Please Kibum…”

 

“I won’t give up on my babies…I cant do that.” He fought back his own sobs. He was tired of crying.

 

“It’s more complicated then you’re thinking…!”

 

“How do you know?! You never did anything!” The rapper yelled and then took a deep breathe, lowing his voice. “I’m going to hang up now, I’m tired and I need to rest. I shouldn’t stress, it’s not healthy for the twins…”

 

“Don’t hang up on me…”

 

“I’m sorry. Bye.”

 


 

A short chapter to keep you guys entretained lol

so, now his mother knows what happened but doesnt know where he is. You can tell that Key's relationship with his mother isnt the best.

AND NOW I'M GOING TO SLEEP!!!!

BECAUSE IM A HUMAN TOO AND IM NOT A SLAVE FOR U FIC-MANIACS!!!! .......................................... im such an hypocrite, of course I'm your slave lol