Minjee’s decision

Two in a Million

Obsession.

Shin Sekyung’s biggest problem, Minjee concluded, was the blind obsession she had for SHINee’s lead singer, Kim Jonghyun. It wasn’t love; it was… a sickening fascination.

Everything started when the actress was little; Sekyung’s family wasn’t exactly underprivileged and what she wanted she would get right away.

Being poor, Minjee never had that luck and easily accepted a ‘no’, she learned to live with it and was quite surprised when she met the spoiled girl that had just moved to her school.

They became friends at young age and as the other girl got older she noticed how she would do everything to have her way with people, how she would fight for what she wanted until the end…just to throw it away when she got tired of it.

 

When she first told her that she was in love with the singer, Minjee was actually happy that her friend was having an honest good feeling for someone for once. She was wrong.

The way she talked about the singer, the actions she had towards him…it wasn’t love. She talked about him like he was the oh-so-wanted doll that she had screamed at her father to buy for her when she was a child.

She wanted him…to show him off.

 

And because of her sick obsession…she had destroyed a relationship. And by the looks of it…a very strong one. Kim Jonghyun didn’t want Sekyung. End of story.

He had shown it to her and even told her that.

It happened one day when Sekyung called her, crying, saying that Jonghyun had told her that he wasn’t searching for love at the end of their latest ‘date’.

Of course he wasn’t. He had already found his.

And they had ruined it.

 

But Sekyung couldn’t accept that, she was blind.

Sited on the couch of her living room, the actress wiped her tears, sobbing quietly. “I don’t get it Minjee… six months and he didn’t even look at me…I don’t know what to do anymore…”

 

The younger girl gave her a pitiful look. She needed to quit this madness. “What you did was wrong…”

 

“I did it for love and for his own good! Being gay is wrong!” The actress shouted, waving her arms in angry movements. “That wasn’t love! He was just…experimenting!”

 

Minjee sighed and shook her head, her pale delicate hands grabbing the cup of tea firmly. “If it wasn’t love why did he told you that he wasn’t searching for anyone? Seky unnie, you need to accept it, he loves Kibum. I’m sure of it! Why don’t you just tell him the truth? Maybe he’ll still forgive you if you do!”

 

Sekyung laughed, tears slipping from her eyes which she quickly wiped away. She stood up and roamed around the room. She turned to the younger girl and glared. “Is that a joke?! Give up on him? Tell him that I was the one who made him fight with that …?!”

 

Minjee winced at the word and looked at the actress with disappointment. The girl was out of control…

 

“Besides…I can’t tell him after what I did…” The older girl sneered to herself, stopping to look at herself on the mirror she had on the wall.

 

Minjee stayed in silence for a little. She had done something else…she was almost afraid to ask what but… “What did you do?”

 

The actress turned around and walked to her friend, kneeling in front of her. She took the cup of tea from her hands and put it on the table, holding the younger’s hands with her own. “Minjee…you need to know…Kibum is a freak. He isn’t normal.” She whispered in a warning tone, looking directly into the other’s eyes.

 

“What do you mean?” The younger asked in confusion.

 

Sekyung bit her lip and stood up, running to the bookshelf next to the sofas. “I kept it hidden in here…” 

 

The maknae was definitely confused. She kept what in there?

The older girl took out a big brown envelope and returned to her original place in front of her. She handed her the envelope and gave her a smile.“See for yourself.”

 

Looking at the actress suspiciously, Minjee opened the envelope and stared at its contents for a few minutes. Kibum’s photos and hospital documents. Male pregnancy it said.

Her eyes traveled through the photos showing a very much visible pregnant boy in there.

Her reaction? None.

She didn’t know how to react.

This was…too shocking. “Unnie…what is this…?”

 

The actress smiled and pointed her finger at the photo. “This is a freak of nature. How could I let Jonghyun be with him?! Do you understand now?!”

 

Minjee looked up slowly, her voice low, almost dying in . “Unnie…he’s pregnant…”

 

The woman sighed and went to sit on the couch behind her. She crossed her long legs and pulled her cat to her lap. “For what I know, he was born with female organs and he ended up like that.” 

 

Female organs?

That could only happen if he had been born…a hermaphrodite.

Minjee was a very clever girl, she was always top of her class and she loved to study, she was the perfect nerd, and she liked to read about these things, but…she had never heard of a natural male pregnancy…that got to be…a miracle.

 

“That isn’t normal, that isn’t right! Can’t you see that I’m just saving Jonghyun?” The other continued.

 

Minjee felt sick. She wanted to throw up. She was even starting to feel dizzy as millions of thoughts and questions exploded inside her head. “Saving…? Seky…is Kibum pregnant of Jonghyun…?”

 

The other rolled her eyes in annoyance. “The kids will probably die anyway! They’re hybrid children! They can’t last long…”

 

Minjee wanted to cry. “Oh my god…’they’…?”

 

“Twins! Can you imagine it?! Two freaks in a row!” Sekyung shouted.

 

Minjee’s eyes widened to the words. She couldn’t believe it…! How could she be so cruel?! These were human lives she was talking about! Who was this person?! Who was this monster?!  “How can you say that?! They’re babies!”

 

“They won’t come out perfect! I’m sure of it! It’s not possible!” Sekyung groaned. “Kibum wanted to send this to Jonghyun but I didn’t let him. It would ruin Jonghyun’s life completely. He-”

 

“You stole it?!” Minjee cried out. This couldn’t be the truth…! Kim Jonghyun didn’t know he was going to be a father because of her selfish wish?! How could she even sleep at night?! How could she face him with a smile and still try to win him over?!

 

“Minjee don’t raise your voice at me!” Sekyung glared at the younger girl.

 

Minjee ignored her and stood up, waving the Kibum’s picture in front of the other. “Do you even know what you’re doing?! You’re interfering with a family!”

 

“They’re not a family!” Sekyung put her hands on her ears, pressing her eyes shut.

 

Minjee looked at her in disgust. This was sickening! She wasn’t just destroying a relationship…she was destroying a family…! The babies couldn’t live without a father! “Because you’re not letting them be! They’re babies! You need to give those pictures to Jonghyun! He has the right to know!”

 

Sekyung frowned and whispered. “That is not possible.”

 

“How is it not possible?” Minjee asked, feeling dizzy again. This couldn’t be good. She had done something, she was almost sure of it… she did something wrong again…

 

Sekyung smiled weakly. “Kibum thinks that Jonghyun hates him and wants him away. It’s not possible, don’t you understand? This is for Jonghyun’s happiness, thi-”

 

“This is for your own happiness!” Minjee screamed on the top of her lungs. She couldn’t stay quiet anymore. This was a monstrous thing to do. “How can you even be happy thinking that you’re breaking up a growing family?! Oh my god, how did you even made Kibum think that Jonghyun hates him?”

 

The actress shrugged. “I got myself a voice actor and he-”

 

“No, no, no…please tell me you didn’t do that…” Minjee interrupted her, bringing her hands to her face, covering it.

 

“It worked! It was so easy! He probably doesn’t even remember Jonghyun anymore!”

 

“He’s having his kids! How can he ever forget that?!” Minjee shouted, not believing her ears. Sekyung was crazy, mad, completely bonkers! That had to be it. There was no other explanation!

 

“Minjee…I’m not liking your tone of voice.” Sekyung gave her a warning look from the couch.

 

This person…this person was dangerous.

She needed to be careful, she was no longer the person she knew, she was worse.

Minjee looked into Sekyung’s dark eyes and…she couldn’t find it. She couldn’t find a single drop of regret in there. There was no emotion inside…

 

She needed to help Kibum. This was cruelty.

And all of this…started with her own actions. She had helped the other start this situation, she had kidnapped Kibum, she took that picture. But Minjee wasn’t Sekyung. She was going to fix her mistakes, she was going to do what was right.

Children…she loved children. She wasn’t going to let these kids live without a father, this…was a promise.

 

“I’m sorry unnie. I didn’t mean to shout at you.” Minjee faked a sorry tone.

 

Sekyung’s eyes softened and Minjee smiled sweetly.

The younger girl could be innocent but she was no fool. This time…she was the one who was going to act, and the actress…she was going to be the fooled one.

 

 


 

“Is that a wig?” Taemin asked with interest.

 

Today Key had an appointment and Taemin was going with him for the first time. Both boys were dressed in simple sweats pants and sweaters, and the rapper had just grabbed a long, dark haired wig and was in front of the mirror, fixing it on his head.

 

“Would you find normal if you saw a man walking around with a pregnant belly? When I go out I out I need to put this on.” Key explained, finally satisfied with the angle of the dark bangs on his forehead.

 

“Oh. Can I try?” Taemin grinned.

 

“NO! I already know that you look pretty as a girl! Stop showing off!” Key shoved Taemin away playfully, making the other laugh.

 

“Awww, but I wanted to try it!” The maknae pouted, stomping his foot on the ground, faking a childish groan.

 

Key snickered and rolled his eyes. “Aish! Buy your own wig if you want to cross-dress so much!”

 

Taemin was about to complain again when the door opened, Sally’s head peeking out. “Kibum, the taxi has arrived.”

 

“Oh. Okay, thank you. Let’s go Minnie.” Key grabbed his bag with difficulty and groaned to the weight.

 

“I’ll take that!” The younger boy slapped Key’s hand away and stole the bag from him, putting it on his own shoulder. “You can’t carry things around like that!”

 

Key groaned again. He hated being so helpless, so dependent of other people. But he was right; his belly was too big for him to carry bags by now, his back wasn’t helping either...but the thing he hated the most was the way he had to walk to keep his balance. He was pretty sure that he looked like a retard.

 

“He’s right! And don’t stand in the sun for too long!” Sally told him, fixing Kibum’s sweater around his waist. She was like a mother.

 

“I’ll take care of him.” Taemin said with his heavy korean accent, grinning proudly. Key rolled his eyes, smiling.

 

“You’re such an adorable boy!” The old woman grabbed Taemin’s cheeks and squeezed them. “I wish I could keep you forever!”

 

Key gasped and took Taemin’s hand, pulling him to his side. “Yah! Leave my son alone!”

 

Sally laughed and opened her arms. “You’re just jealous. Come here.”

 

Key smiled and hugged the shorter woman. “Goodbye Sally.”

 

“Take care sweetie.” She whispered, rubbing his back with affection. “Good luck.”

 


 

Choi Minho wasn’t happy.

The rapper was looking at his cell phone, glaring daggers at it. Taemin wasn’t picking up today either and it was pissing him off.

The maknae had been gone for almost four weeks now. He had called his family and they told him that their youngest son had called them saying that he was going to stay in a friend’s house for vacations. Where? No one knew and he seemed to want to keep it a secret. Why? No one knew either.

At first, Minho had suspected of a girlfriend. Taemin wasn’t the one to leave the band like that and that ‘friend’ could be a girl. But…he had seen how upset the maknae had been lately, he didn’t look like he was in love at all. And to be honest, he didn’t had the time to fall in love for anyone.

So there was no girlfriend. His second guess was Key. Taemin was extremely attached to Key and when something went wrong he would run to him right away. Sometimes Minho got jealous of their relationship, he was the maknae’s bestfriend, he knew that, but he wanted Taemin to act like that with him too. However, Key was not an option. No one knew where the hell he went and Taemin wouldn’t know either.

 

So who?

Or…maybe Taemin was lying and he wasn’t with any friend at all.

No, Taemin wasn’t a liar, he couldn’t lie, it was something that he just couldn’t do.

 

Minho sighed and dropped the cellphone on the table. He was worried, confused and angry.

Why couldn’t Taemin trust him this time and tell him what was wrong…?

He wanted to help but…how?

 

“Nae maeumi ganeundaero nan

Amusaenggak obsi gotgo iji”

 

Minho looked at the closed door of Onew’s room. They were practicing again as a duet…

He didn’t feel like joining though.

The troublemaker new member had left the apartment to attend a party and still hadn’t returned, Taemin had left them to go only God knows where and he really didn’t feel like singing like this.

Every song was meant to be sung for five people, not three.

 

The rapper let his back hit the sofa and put his hands on his forehead, rubbing his aching temples.

SHINee was dying.

 

JungHee didn’t like the band, Taemin had left them, Jonghyun couldn’t focus on his singing anymore and his voice kept cracking all the time and Onew didn’t sleep and had huge dark circles under his eyes.

They needed Key. Without Key there was no SHINee.

And they were dying…slowly…their band was dying. He felt it rot day by day.

 

 


 

It hurt when Onew sang Key’s part. It hurt a lot. In his head, it was the blonde’s voice that he was listening to, not Onew’s.

There they were, the two of them sited on the leader’s bed, their music playing loudly from their computer.

The older boy was doing everything he could to save the band but…he knew that he was failing. It hurt. SHINee was his life, his dream.

But SHINee wasn’t shiny anymore, Key had walked away and he took the sparkle with him.

 

“No animyon andwaeneun gol

Ijeya araborin naega nomu bichamhae”

 

Key…

 

Kibummie…

 

“Sajik sogen ajikdo naega noye

Sarangi got gateunde”

 

 

Flashback:

Jonghyun kept staring at the sleeping boy who kept using his chest as a pillow. He couldn’t help but smile. Key was beautiful.

He was everything that he could ask for… everything in him was beautiful, his heart, his laugh, his personality, his body, his lips, his eyes, his voice…

 

“Jjong…”

 

Jonghyun smiled lovingly, petting the other’s blonde hair with care. “Good morning yeobo...”

 

Key’s eyes opened slowly and he let out a loud, lazy yawn, stretching like a cat, making the singer chuckle at the younger’s cuteness.

The rapper smiled and let his body fall on top of the other’s again, resting his head on his favorite pillow, his lover’s chest.

 

Jonghyun smiled. “Sleep we-”

 

“I love you.” Key interrupted him.

 

Both of them blinked in surprise at each other for a while before Key let out a yelp, his face heating up into an angry red color. “I said it out loud didn’t I?!” The younger covered his mouth, trying to hide his flushed cheeks.

 

Jonghyun just let out a happy squeal, wrapping his arms around the skinny boy and pull him closer. Only Kibum could make him feel this way. Only he could surprise him when he thought that there couldn’t be more surprises. “I like when you say it.”

 

“But its cheesy..” Key groaned, hiding his face on the singer’s shoulder.

 

Jonghyun smiled and pulled Key’s chin to make him look at him. “Say it again…”

 

The rapper blushed but didn’t slap his hand away like he always used to. Gosh, Key was adorable when he blushed! He just wanted to eat him up..!

 

“I-I lo-ve …” He gagged quietly, his eyes looking down, trying not to make contact with Jonghyun’s.

 

The singer grinned and pulled Key’s chin again, this time to plant a kiss on his bow shaped lips. He felt Key relax automatically, moving his lips against his own.

This was perfect.

Key was perfect and he felt perfect with Key.

 

 

“Noye cheon, noye olgul

Ajikdo nae pum ane

Neukyojigo ineun gol”

 

As Jonghyun sang his part, he felt his eyes burn, a tear wanting to escape his eye.

 

Flashback:

“Get out of this house.” Jonghyun’s lip trembled. “You’re making fun of me…! As if the cheating and the lies weren’t enough… you’re making fun of me!”

 

“I’m not! You have to believe me!” Key finally broke down, his knees hitting the floor.

 

 “Get out of my sight!” Jonghyun shouted, pointing at the door.

 

“This is his house too…” Onew commented in a firm voice.

 

“You know…sometimes I just HATE the fact that I’m stuck in this band with you!” Jonghyun grabbed his car keys from the table. “If you don’t leave this house right now, I will!”

 

Still I have ROMANTIC in my heart

Doragago sipeun-

 

Onew looked at his friend, whose voice had just cracked again.

Kim Jonghyun, the lead singer couldn’t sing. This was not the first time it happened. It kept happening, over and over again.

Onew didn’t know what to do anymore. His friend was…

 

“I need to go.”

 

…broken.

 

Onew watched as Jonghyun stood up and walked out of door, his face red, another tear making its way to his cheek.

They couldn’t go on like this…

 

 

Jonghyun stormed into the bathroom and stopped in front of the sink, looking at his reflection on the mirror. Bloodshot eyes, his face wet, his lip trembling. He was ed up.

He couldn’t forget him, his image kept haunting him, memories kept assaulting him all the time, he dreamed of him at night too...

 

Jonghyun let his body hit the floor and curled against the cold wall, hugging his knees. He was desperate, ridiculously empty inside and…he just wanted him back…

 

“Jonghyun hyung…”

 

He heard Minho’s voice and felt arms wrap around him, pulling him close to a warm body.

But he couldn’t feel warmth. His friends hugs didn’t feel like Key’s hugs, they didn’t leave the burning sensation on his skin, they didn’t make him feel any happier.

 

“I…I don’t care i-if he cheated..! I jus-t want h-him back..!” Jonghyun sobbed loudly against the rapper’s chest.

 

Minho stayed quiet, only rubbing the older boy’s back. There was no use for words, he already knew that. They had been trying words months ago, nothing worked. Kibum…was the key for this. Only he had the power to fix Jonghyun.

 


 

“OMO! Look! I can see them!” Taemin shouted in awe, looking at the screen of the ultrasound machine. “There they are!”

 

Key smiled at the extremely cheerful maknae who was practically jumping of joy beside him. This was Tae’s first time in the ultrasound room and he had just met his unborn children through the monitor. His eyes were shinning, his lips couldn’t go up any further, he was bursting up in happiness.

 

“Stop shouting Taemin.” Key chuckled.

 

“LOOK AT THE TINY HAND!” The singer yelled, pointing at the screen, squealing.

 

“Taemin, I heard you the first time.” Key sighed, making Doctor Jung cackle.

 

“Aaaawww! Their feet!!!” Taemin seemed not to listen to his friend and then he felt a poke on his arm. Doctor Jung gave him a stethoscope, pointing at Key’s belly. The maknae put the device on his ears and placed the other end on his friend’s belly. The maknae’s eyes widened to the maximum. “OMO! Listen! It’s their heartbeat!!! I CAN HEAR IT!”

 

Key face palmed when Doctor Jung burst in laugher. The ex-rapper slapped the man’s arm. “YAH! Stop making him scream even more!”

 

“I’m sorry, he’s adorable. I couldn’t resist.” The doctor chuckled.

 

Key smiled. He couldn’t even get angry at the younger male. Like the doctor say, he was too adorable.

It felt good having someone by his side that could enjoy this experience with him. It felt wonderful.

However…he wished Taemin could transform into Jonghyun.

He wanted to see the lead singer grin and squeal in happiness while looking at his kids, he wanted him to wave at them with that idiotic smile of his, wanted him to say ‘appa is here!’ to the screen.

 

“Brother is here! Hello babies!” Taemin’s voice brought him to reality.

 

Yeah…no appa.

Jonghyun didn’t care about them; he needed to accept it even if it hurt. He had to stay strong for his children.

He had forbidden Taemin to contact Jonghyun to talk about him. The maknae had thrown a fit about it, saying that he should try to talk to him again but he was too hurt for that. If Jonghyun ever change his mind, he was the one who should call them, he told Taemin.

 

To his surprise, his mother had been calling him a lot lately.

It made him feel a bit happier to know that his mother cared, it was a strange, alien feeling, but it felt good. Also, she told him that when she had told about his situation to his father, the poor man had fainted and bumped his head against the kitchen’s table, and ended up in the hospital to take a few stiches.

It was a funny situation, but Key couldn’t help but feel bad about it. He had talked with him later on, and surprisingly, the man was…quite happy. Confused and pissed off to the fact that he had been in a gay relationship but…he was excited that he was going to have grandchildren.

 

Key smiled to the screen.

He had been told that his blood pressure was normal, his weight was controlled too. Everything was going better than they had expected, the doctors had told him. He just needed to rest a lot; that was the only advice they could give to him right now.

 

He was scared though.

They had told him that his babies were growing perfectly, that they would come out with no imperfections which was their biggest fear.

In a bit less than two months he would have his babies with him.

In less than two months he could die too.

He was scared…

…so scared.

 


 

OKAY GUYS! I HAVE A LOT TO SAY TODAY!

1 - My mother language is not english and I learned it by myself with NO help so It's normal for me to do a lot of mistakes. I'm saying this cuz two or three people pointed that already. Guys, I'm not mad, I just need to say, yes I'm dumb, but I try to do my best xD

2 - I like chocolate but it makes me fat

3 - The girl in the chapter pic is Minjee, please dont forget about her!

4 - Happy Easter

5 - I'm still going to eat chocolate. Go fatness!

 

 

 

 

7 - COMMENT!