The most difficult decision

Two in a Million

Two weeks. For two weeks Jonghyun didn’t even look at him.

The small concerts they had, they never interacted with each other, nor in the interviews, nor in photoshoots, not anywhere. Their manager even had a talk with them, trying to understand what happened and explain them that this wasn’t healthy for the band.

Thing was…they couldn’t explain to the manager anything at all.

They couldn’t say the truth.

 

It was really hard.

Key felt lonely. In the first week, only Taemin talked with him, Minho and Onew only talked with him when it came to work. No one had talked about that night again.

 

Key made his best to understand who had set up the trap for him and why. The first person that came to his mind was Sekyung but the girl had stopped talking with Jonghyun long ago, so it couldn’t be her, right?

Even because…this was too much. She wouldn’t have the courage to go this far right? And she didn’t know about them, he was sure of it. No one knew…! So who? And why?

 

Whoever it was, this person was smart.

And dangerous.

 

It was impossible for him to explain to Jonghyun what really happened since he had no proof. The other male ran from him like he was the plague too.

Sometimes Key would sit alone in his bedroom, petting his belly unconsciously while reading something or watching a movie. This was the only way to distract him from the pain he had to live with every day.

 

He had bought another cellphone and in the end of those two weeks, he got a call.

Doctor Jung wanted to see him as soon as possible.

This time, Key didn’t bother telling anyone where he was going; no one would believe him anyways.

He was exhausted, his mind was tired, his body too. Two weeks of pure hell made him think about…many things. Things that he never thought he would think about.

 

When he left the apartment, he caught Jonghyun’s glare just before closing the door. What? Did he think he was going after his supposed ‘lover’? Jeez…

 

Arriving to the clinic, Key was greeted by the doctor’s nurse and was taken to a now very familiar room.

 

The doctor was sited in his usual chair, a troubled look on his face, looking at his computer screen.

Key sat down in the chair in front of his desk and the man looked at him, smiling. “Oh, Kibum, I was waiting for you.”

 

“I am here.” Key simply said, shrugging, his voice low.

 

The doctor was about to say something when he stopped to look at the idol, frowning. “I’m sorry but…is everything alright? You look upset. You have dark circles under your eyes.” The man noticed.

 

Key smiled sadly to himself and sighed, sinking in the chair. “I have no idea why I’m saying this to you…but since you were my grandmother’s friend…I think I can trust you.”

 

“Yes of course. Go on.” Doctor Jung nodded; crossing his fingers on the desk, ready to listen to the younger’s problems.

 

“I told my bo- …I told the person I was with that I was pregnant.” Key bit his lip before he could say ‘boyfriend’. It hurt though; it hurt to admit that they were no longer together. It felt odd, it felt wrong.

 

“’Was ?’… Things didn’t go as expected I suppose? ” The older male made a worried expression, blinking his eyes in a nervous gesture.

 

“He broke up with me.” Key whispered, making his best to fight back tears. He had been crying for too long now, he needed to be strong, he had a long road to go now that he was carrying another life.

 

“Oh…I’m sorry to hear that. Maybe if you can bring him here…” The doctor made a face, suddenly feeling awkward. He was no good with relationships since he never had one himself.

 

Key shook his head. “It’s more complicated than that. Someone set us a trap. And he believes that I cheated on him. I think someone drugged me, put me to sleep and took…photos.” He sighed again, looking at the ceiling, remembering the photo in Jonghyun’s phone. That cruel, life-changing photo.

 

“Oh. I see.”

 

“He hates me now.” Key smiled sadly, shrugging. What could he do now? There were no clues, no nothing. Only time could bring him hope.

 

“I’m really sorry to hear that Kibum…but…you’re giving up?” the man watched the idol patiently, observing his reactions.

 

Key shook his head negatively. “I’m not. I know that he didn’t mean the things he said… he’s angry for obvious reasons. He’s just as a victim as I am.”

 

The doctor nodded in agreement. “Well…at least you think that way. That’s good.”

 

“I’m not stupid. I just didn’t expect that someone would actually do this to us…” Key sighed for the third time now, feeling his mood drop again.

 

The doctor stayed quiet for a while and bit his lip, making a sound with his tongue. “I understand. I guess this isn’t a good time to tell you what I wanted but…”

 

“Please, whatever it is…just say it. ” Key sited straight on the chair, ready for any kind of news. “I have so many problems that I don’t think that adding one more would do any difference.”

 

“Actually…it will.” The man made a face. Poor boy had so many problems already…he had no idea what was expecting him…

And being left alone right now…was just cruel. He was going to need support and care to go through this…

 

“What happened?” The rapper asked, suddenly feeling concerned. Was the baby alright? Did he detect something wrong with it?

 

Key’s eyes widened.

He was getting used to the idea, wasn’t he?

He cared for the baby now…

 

“Kibum, I need to make you a new ultrasound. I think there is something that escaped me the first time.” The man explained him in a calm tone. He didn’t want to scare the boy to death. Yet.

 

Key nodded, feeling himself pout a bit. “Oh, okay sure. But…is something serious?”

 

 “It may be, it may be not. Let’s move to the next room to find out okay?”  The doctor gave him a small smile and stood up from his chair, opening the door. “Follow me.”

 

Key obeyed to the man and stood up, walking to the ultrasound room.

Looking at the room again, Key fought the urge to sigh again. He was going to see that room a lot of times in the future wasn’t he?

He hated hospitals but…Doctor Jung was nice. He was a good person, he was sure of it, if he wasn’t, the whole world would know by now about his condition. This was diamond valuable information; the media would love it, yet, the man stayed quiet about it, making sure to protect his secret to the max.

 

Key lied on the stretcher, pulling his shirt up and his pants down to his hipbones like the last time. He stared at the ceiling, listening to the doctor’s steps around the room.

 

“So…you decided to keep the baby I take it?” The doctor broke the silence, while preparing the machine.

 

Key snorted. “Ironic isn’t it? I wanted to get rid of it so bad but…I got attached to it already.”

 

“That’s normal in every mo-I mean, parent.” The doctor chocked on his words, blushing a bit, embarrassed.

 

Key chuckled and rolled his eyes. “Don’t worry, I’m used to be called a mother already, it’s not new.”

 

The doctor looked at him, quite confused by the response but decided to let it go. “How have you been feeling lately?” The man asked him, sitting in front of the stretcher.

 

“Normal weird. Just a lot more stressed though. And a lot more tired, It’s hard to keep dancing for hours.” Key told him, remembering how he needed to rest between choreographs, making people stare at him. He used to be the one with more stamina while dancing, excluding Taemin, so everyone was noticing the change.

 

“It’s normal. You should probably stop working yourself to exhaustion, it’s not healthy. ” The doctor suggested, grabbing the bottle of gel. “Have you thought how are you going to deal with that?”

 

Key gasped to the cold feeling of the gel touching his warm skin and nodded. “I have, but my options are very…reduced.”

 

“You’ll need to rest more often. I can write a medical document for you if you need it.” The doctor proposed, his eyes focused on the screen, while moving the gadget on the gel.

 

Key closed his eyes, laughing sarcastically. “And tell them what? That I can’t perform because I’m pregnant? That’s just ridiculous…”

 

“You’ll have to stop soon though. Remember that your pregnancy isn’t like a woman’s. It may be similar but not the same. If you end up aborting it will cause you great pain, your body was made to conceive but not to give birth. You wouldn’t be able to expel the embryo out of your body without surgery.” The doctor explained.

 

Key shivered at the words. He didn’t want to risk his baby’s life…

 

“I just don’t know what to do…being an idol isn’t easy…” Key muttered, rubbing his temples.

 

Key felt the gadget move up and down on his tummy and watched the screen in curiosity. The doctor kept silent, pressing the buttons of the machine, taking photos of certain areas.

Why was the man so tense anyways?

 

“Is something wrong Doctor Jung?” Key dared to ask.

 

The man blinked at the screen and let out a long sigh, rubbing his eyes. “You…got yourself in a big mess…”

 

Key made a confused face, looking at the screen, cursing mentally when he didn’t get anything that it was showing. “Why is that?”

 

“It was just like I suspected…the first time I didn’t saw it, but now that you’re two months pregnant, it grew and it’s quite visible.” The man murmured, looking at the screen and moving the gadget on the idol’s tummy again.

 

Key made a face, even more confused. “Just say it already! What’s wrong?”

 

He knew he was being impolite right now, but damn! Why was the man so mysterious?! Why couldn’t he just go straight to the point?!

 

“You see this little spot?” The man pointed to the screen.

 

Key nodded. “Yes, that’s the embryo right? I remember it from last time.”

 

“Wrong.” The doctor said and moved the gadget just a little to the side. Another spot was shown in the screen. “This was the embryo we saw last time.”

 

Wait…what…

 

Key’s eyes widened, feeling his heart start to race like crazy, beating against his ribcage almost painfully.

No…he didn’t mean that… he was…

 

“You’re having twins Kibum.”

 

He almost forgot how to breathe…

Twins.

Oh my god…

Not one…but two…

This…wasn’t possible right?

No, it couldn’t be possible. This was crazy!

 

Key stayed silence, his mind being shot with millions of interrogations. He didn’t even know how to feel, there were too many emotions flowing inside him right now. He was scared, surprised, sad, angry, shocked, confused…but mainly scared. What was he going to do..?

He was dreaming this right? First he found out that he had female organs, then, because of his homoual relationship with Jonghyun, he ended up being pregnant, now he discovered that he didn’t have one, but two babies inside him.

He was going to wake up and laugh to himself in the morning right?

 

“They’re in separate placentas, I really don’t know how I missed this. I guess I was so shocked at first to find that you were pregnant that I didn’t realize that there were two…” The doctor rubbed his eyes again, looking tired.

 

Key didn’t know what to say.

When he thought that things couldn’t get worse, they did, when the thought that there would be no more surprises, there were…

 

The doctor turned to the silent, shocked idol and sighed. “I’m not going to lie to you Kibum. I’m not sure if your body is ready for this.”

 

.

 

“A natural male pregnancy is a miracle, it’s just too rare, it needs supervision and medical help. Although, your body was ready for it due to your female organs. But…a twin pregnancy in a male body…it can be really dangerous and risky. Very risky.” The doctor said in a low voice, looking at Key in the eyes. “It’s your decision. You can either take the risk…or abort.”

 

Abort…?

 

“By deciding to keep them, you’ll have to stop performing immediately. You’ll get everything doubled, the tiredness, the weight gain will be faster than a common pregnancy, plus being a male…we’ll have to seek specialists.” The older man explained in a calm, professional voice.  “But if you decide to abort them, and this time, with a good reason, no one would blame you. We can still do it, the sooner the better. Hitting the third month you can’t go back.”

 

“Abort..?” Key whispered, hugging his belly, a miserable, lost look on his eyes. “I don’t think I can…”

 

“Kibum, listen to me. This time I’m the one that is recommending you an abortion. This won’t be easy; it’s a high risk pregnancy. The consequences can be…disastrous.” The man pursed his lips in a fine line, never leaving the boy’s gaze. “We can get you an abortion and we’ll be able to remove your female organs, making you a full male inside.”

 

Disastrous…?

 

“You mean that…I can die?” Key gagged the words out, feeling his body shaking. He was so scared right now…

 

However…he wasn’t feeling scared for him. He was scared for his babies.

And this fact scared him too. He was supposed to protect himself but…

 

“Not just you, the babies too. I’m not totally sure though, we’ll have to contact specialists and let them work with you. But I still recommend the abortion…for your own safety.” Doctor Jung told him, rubbing the idol’s arm in a friendly gesture. “What’s your decision?”

 

Key looked down, staring at nothing at all.

This…this was it. He needed to make the most difficult decision of his life.

 

He wanted to cry. He wanted to run away from this hell.

If this was a dream…why wasn’t he waking up?

 

“Doctor…I need something from you…” Key’s voice came as a weak whisper.

 


 

For four days, Key had barely stayed home; he would disappear at the most random times and missed a whole show that day.

For some reason the manager allowed him to miss it, and Jonghyun couldn’t be more confused about it. He knew how strict that man was when it came to work…

They did as always though, they performed, had their interview, took photos, smiled and waved.

 

It was almost 8.p.m. when the show ended and they were allowed to return home.

Then something unusual happened, the manager called Onew and the leader sent the band home, following the older man.

 

Returning to the apartment, the band found the apartment silent, no sign of a certain rapper in there.

 

Jonghyun was worried with him, it hurt to watch the sad look on those feline eyes but…there was no turning back. What he did…was beyond repair.

Jonghyun was broken inside.

 

After taking a bath, Jonghyun made his way to Key’s room and stopped in front of it, remembering that he was no longer sharing that room with him. He wasn’t used to this. he missed him, he missed his smile, his laugh, the bright look in his eyes, those lips…

 

The singer shook his head and made his way to his own room, walking in slow steps.

What did he do to deserve this anyway?

 

Sekyung had been talking to him the other day, comforting him.

She wasn’t a bad friend after all.

But truth was…he didn’t feel like talking to anyone at all.

He just wanted his Key back, he missed him so much…but he couldn’t. He was not going to be stepped on and allow it.

 

An hour later, Jinki entered home, looking as pale as ever.

He called everyone to the living room and Jonghyun ran to the kitchen to grab an apple. Everytime Jinki returned from a reunion, he would spend hours talking about it, so he better kill his hunger while he was at it.

The leader singer frowned when he sat on the couch though; he had never seen the leader so…upset.

 

“You look weird.” Minho pointed out right away, sitting on the couch.

 

“Just sit.” Onew whispered, taking large amounts of air into his lungs, his face looking deadly pale.

 

Taemin looked at the leader in concern but decided to stay quiet, waiting for whatever he was about to say.

 

“We lost Key.” Onew muttered, his voice trembling.

 

The rest of the band looked at each other, confused.

Jonghyun just rolled his eyes and scowled, taking a bite of his apple. “He probably went to spend some days with his lover… He’s been doing that a lot.”

 

Onew shook his head and took out a paper from his pocket. “You don’t understand…Key left.”

 

“Left? Left what?” Taemin asked, his eyebrows curved in confusion.

 

Onew stared at his friends with wide, bloodshot eyes. “Key left SHINee.”

 

A red, half-eaten apple hit the floor.

Jonghyun stared at the older male in horror. “What?”

 

 


 

So, this is where the story starts to gain form.
 xD

we got a bunch of problems in store to solve right? I warned you guys, I said that this was going to be an intense, dramatic story at first! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED so dont cry now xD

And I'm repeating myself now but I dont care - This WONT have a sad ending so If you trust me and continue to read this story you'll get many surprises and happy chaps ^^

SO YEAH! NOW YOU CAN SEND ME ALL UR HATE! As long as you comment you can even call me names, I dont care xD

 

PS: No one is going to die >_> so dont freak on me, I hate deaths >_>