Friend and Enemy

Two in a Million

It wasn’t possible.

This was…this was a joke. This was a joke to mess with her sanity.

It…it couldn’t be real…

 

Documents, photos and a video.

Everything proved that Kim Kibum, a 20 year old male, was…was…pregnant.

At first she laughed, she had laughed out loud, it was just too ridiculous and she thought ‘Damn Kibum, the things you do to get Jonghyun back. ’, she even had congratulated him for the creativity! But… these were not fake documents. She searched on the internet and…that hospital did exist, everything was correct! Then…the pictures…

There was a picture of Key, lifting his red shirt and there was…a strange bulge on his belly.

She couldn’t believe it at first; she had stared at it for minutes, trying to understand what she was seeing.

Key…wasn’t fat. She knew what fatness was, she was a model too, she knew those things and that…that…was real… that was a real pregnant stomach…

 

Time had stopped for her, she couldn’t really think of anything else.

She kept staring in silence and played the video.

The video happened to be an informative video with lots of doctors explaining the rare male pregnancy and how it worked. This…wasn’t right.

This was madness.

 

Jonghyun couldn’t…

Sekyung felt tears slip her eyes, her body suddenly feeling weak.

Jonghyun couldn’t possibly be…the father..? He couldn’t right…?

 

She had seen them kiss…but…was their relationship that serious already..?!

Jonghyun had…gay with Kibum? No, no, no!

The actress sobbed loudly and stood up, walking around her room, a hand on her forehead.

 

“WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?!” She screamed to herself.

 

Twins. The ultrasound was pointing to twins.

Kids…children. Jonghyun’s and…Key’s ….kids.

 

What...what was she going to do?!

She wanted Jonghyun to herself, this was a battle between Kibum and her, the stronger one, the smarter would win the singer! But…with kids… she didn’t know what to do anymore. It wasn’t right to interfere with unborn lives..

 

She wasn’t a cold hearted person…she liked kids. She didn’t want to have any though, that would ruin her silhouette; she was a model after all!

But kids…it didn’t feel right…

She didn’t have the right to do that…

 

Sekyung looked at Key’s photo and grabbed it, staring at the blonde’s small smile. “…you…you were smarter this time…”The actress tossed the picture on the floor and stepped on it. “…but you’re not smarter than me…!”

 

What was she doing..?

She couldn’t do this…it was a crime..!

 

“I can’t lose Jonghyun…” She sobbed, feeling her heart throbbing in pain. “He…he doesn’t have to know…yes! He…he doesn’t have to!”

 

Hide it from him? How?

Key would end up calling Jonghyun to check if he had got the message! And she was sure that he would be warned that the package had already been picked up!

The only way to make Key give of the idea of calling Jonghyun was…yes..yes, but how..?!

 

Sekyung’s eyes widened.

It was so simple…

Simpler than she had thought!

 

 


 

Taemin was a stubborn boy.

He could even listen to everyone and he would always do as told but he could be very stubborn sometimes. And this was one of those times.

He just couldn’t stand it anymore.

 

The apartment had no life, their shows were tragic, their interviews were lame and their self-esteem was in the lower level possible.

SHINee was losing its sparkle.  They were losing the sparkle and that was quite visible.

 

He caught Onew drinking one day while reading a magazine which they made the front page…but not for good reasons. The new member skipped practices a lot and sometimes he forgot some steps in their dances and he would sing when it wasn’t his turn, dance where he wasn’t supposed to…JungHee was literally sinking their band to ruin.

 

Onew got drunk that night while reading the bad reviews they got. And cried.

The older boy had blamed himself, saying he was a bad leader, asking for forgiveness while hugging Taemin until he passed out on the younger’s lap.

 

Everyone knew that this wasn’t no one’s fault but…

Taemin hated to admit this but…this was Key’s fault. If he didn’t leave…everything would be fine..! However, the maknae couldn’t hate his friend. Key wasn’t the one to be stupid, taking big decisions like this just because of a failed relationship. He knew that something was very wrong, something serious. He could feel it.

 

And this was why he was a stubborn boy.

Minho had been trying to convince him that Key wasn’t returning, that he would have done it long ago if he was actually planning on it. But he couldn’t accept it.

This time…he wouldn’t obey.

 

Seeing Jonghyun in front of that television, watching their videos with teary eyes…it broke his heart.

It was real, Jonghyun loved Key for real.

Months ago, Taemin did think that they were just ually frustrated and that they could be eventually misunderstanding their emotions, mixing friendship with hormones, but as time went by…he saw it. The caring looks, all that emotion in their eyes…they did look at each other in a gentle way before but…it felt different. Even when they had their little fights the pain in their eyes looked different.

Taemin had even felt a bit jealous; he wanted to know that feeling too.

 

And now, watching Jonghyun biting his lip everytime he saw himself kiss or hug Key on screen, fighting back his tears, watching his fists curl until their turned white… Taemin had to do something.

 

He needed to find Key.

But how?

They had already searched everywhere but not even his mother knew where he was! And his own family didn’t know…Kibum must had a really good reason to leave.

It worried him, he knew something was terribly wrong and he couldn’t help but worry for his friend.

 

One day the maknae found himself staring at their apartment’s phone.

And it clicked inside his mind.

He needed to know if Key had called anyone before he left!

It took him weeks.He didn’t even say anything to the other members, everyone was stressed already, he didn’t want to shoot them with false hopes before he was sure of something.

 

It was a pain to get the papers, every single number registered in there and then checking each one. Yes, Taemin had called every number that that phone had dialed on the month that Key had left.

After two hours…something interesting happened.

 

“Good day, this is Jung’s Private Clinic, how can I help you? ”

 

Clinic?

None of them had been sick so… was this it? Was this is fist clue to get him to Key?

Taemin asked for the address right away, feeling hope inside his chest again.

 

A few days later he got the opportunity to visit the clinic. The maknae felt like a detective and wanted to tell the others what he had found but he felt like he had to do this alone, he was young, not stupid. He could handle this by himself.

 

“I’m sorry honey, the clinic isn’t open to business until September.” The secretary said in a bored voice as he stepped inside the room.

 

Taemin blinked in surprise. September? That was weird.

The teenage boy ignored the warning and walked to the woman sited in front of the computer. “Ah, I’m sorry. I just need information.”

 

The woman raised her dark eyes to him and readjusted her glasses, smiling. “So what does the cute boy want to know?”

 

Taemin blushed as the woman checked him out, not hiding her interest. Women sure came with strange personalities! He gave her a small smile. “I’d like to know if you had a patient called Kim Kibum in here.”

 

The woman tensed and looked at him suspiciously. Taemin observed her reactions, feeling his hope grow. Then Key had been here, he was certain of it.

 

“I can’t tell you that, I’m sorry.” The woman smiled. “Anything else?”

 

“Oh, I know that he went to some clinic, he told me before, I just wanted to check if it was this one since I forget things easily and I forgot the clinic’s name…”Taemin lied, surprised with his own quick answer.

 

The woman looked at him in surprise and he made his best cute, innocent face. He wasn’t stupid; he knew he could melt anyone with that look.

The woman sighed and smiled. “Yes, Kim Kibum is registered here.”

 

“Oh, I’m glad I found the right place. I didn’t know what to do if I got lost in another clinic.” He chuckled, watching as the woman smiled brightly at him. In times like these he really thanked his parents for giving him a pretty face. “Do you know how I can contact him?”

 

The woman’s smile dropped instantly.

Oh, so she wasn’t stupid either. This was going to be harder than he had thought…

 

“I can’t give you deta-”

 

Taemin cut her off, having the most brilliant idea he could have come up with. “I’m sorry miss…but I can’t help but stare at you. I’m sorry if I’m being rude.” He bowed in an apologetic way.

 

“Eh?” The secretary blinked in confusion.

 

Taemin faked a sigh, resting his elbows on the desk, taking a better look at the woman. “You’re so pretty…my eyes keep refusing to look away…”

 

“OH! Omo..ah…” The secretary gagged, her face heating up to a red shade. She brought her hands to her face. “Do you really think I’m pretty…?”

 

“The way you tie your hair, your cheekbones…and your pretty nose.” Taemin smirked at her, poking the tip of her long nose, making the woman jump at the touch, blushing even more. “You sure are cute.” He whispered.

 

Taemin was feeling so evil right now. He was going to use her, this was not something he would normally do…but he needed to find Key. The woman was looking at him with glassy eyes, totally under his spell, blushing and sighing. Taemin gave her an innocent smile. “Would you accept to have a drink with me?”

 

“I’d love to.”

 


 

Finding a voice actor wasn’t a difficult task for her. Being an actress herself and having so many contacts like she did helped her a lot.

The hardest thing for her was convincing the voice actor to do this for her.

It wasn’t easy. At all.

 

What she had in mind?

Get a voice actor to imitate Jonghyun’s voice to tell Key to off. Easy!

That way key wouldn’t call to the real Jonghyun and ask him about the package. That way Jonghyun would never know that he was about to be a father. That way he wouldn’t run to Key’s arms. That way she could still have a chance to win him over!

Simple!

So simple and yet, so complicated.

 

Her plan? Make the man believe that she wasn’t doing that to hurt anyone, that it was only a good prank. A prank for a…friend.

Still, he refused to do it.

But Sekyung wasn’t the kind of girl to give up.

 

Money. Money could buy the world.

With money, you had the power over everyone and everything. So this was her last chance.

Voice actors weren’t that well paid so she had a chance. As expected… the man that had said that he was an honest person, the he would never say those things to anyone even if it was a prank… accepted the money.

 

She gave him two hours to study and memorize Jonghyun’s voice. She couldn’t risk more than two hours, the clock was ticking and Key could call at any moment.

She gave him interviews, shows; she even called Jonghyun and tried to have a long conversation with him, giving the actor the opportunity to listen to the chat, recording the singer’s voice in his mind.

 

“Time is up.” Sekyung stood up from her sofa and moved to the actor’s side. “Are you sure you can do this? You can’t up.”

 

“It’s not as easy as you think.” The man sighed in annoyance, rolling his eyes.

 

They were currently in Sekyung’s living room so no one could interrupt them or find the conversation strange. The girl sneered. “Try to say something with his voice.”

 

“Okay. Humm… Hey, it’s me. I got your text.” The man tried, changing his voice to another tone.

 

Sekyung’s eyes widened. “Good, good! Just a bit rougher.”

 

“Hey, it’s me. I got your text.” He tried again.

 

“Now try with an angry voice.” She clapped, grinning.

 

“You’re a freak!!!”  She man yelled.

 

“Yes! Yes! That’s perfect! You did it!” She squealed, clapping again.

 

The man bit his lip in a nervous way. “I think it’s still a bit-”

 

“NO! It’s perfect. Don’t change anything, just do what I say.” Sekyung said in a serious voice, picking up her phone and her notebook where she had written Key’s number.

 

“I need to practice a bit more!” The man complained.

 

“Don’t you understand? I don’t have time!” She yelled, shoving her phone to the man’s hands. “Here. You know what to do. Just read what I wrote and try to keep it realistic.”

 

 


 

Key was nervous. He had called to the clinic two hours ago and they said that a certain Kim Jonghyun had picked the package with the right password. He couldn’t sleep.

His heart was pounding so damn much.

Had he seen it already?

How did he react? Did he believe it? Was he confused? Happy? Maybe he didn’t even read anything yet. Maybe he didn’t have the time.

He just couldn’t sleep yet. Jonghyun didn’t know he wasn’t in Korea, if he called while he was asleep and miss it he would never forgive himself. He needed to stay awake and wait.

 

After a few minutes, his phone started to vibrate.

 

Key’s eyes widened, his heart beating so fast against his ribcage that he was afraid to get dizzy and faint.

He was freaking out, he knew he was. His hands grabbed the phone and stared at it. He didn’t know this number…so it wasn’t Jonghyun…

 

Sighing, Key picked up. He just needed to tell the person that they had called to a wrong number. “Hello?”

 

“Hey, it’s me. I got your text.”

 

Key froze. “J-Jonghyun…?”

 

Oh ! Oh , he wasn’t ready for this!

Key sited on the bed, suddenly not knowing how to react. He wanted to laugh, he wanted to cry, he wanted t-

 

“Don’t come back.”

 

Key’s heart skipped a few beats. What?

“What?” His voice came out as a whisper.

 

What was he talking about? He surely wasn’t asking him to-

 

“Don’t come back to Korea; stay away from me and from the band.”Jonghyun’s voice sounded a bit weird but Key was too shocked to notice that.

 

Key woke up from the shock and pressed his cellphone against his ear. He was just confused..that must be it…! He was scared without reason. “Jjong…did you saw the documents? This is not a joke, I’m telling the truth. I know that this sounds impossible, I’m still shocked myself but the twins ar-”

 

“Shut up. I don’t want to listen to you.”

 

Key ignored him and continued. “Jjong you have to believe me. That photo was a trap! Someone wanted us to break up and they succeeded! You have to listen, I wasn’t meeting that guy! I was in the clinic! I never told you before because I was scared! I’m so scared Jjong..! I need you here, I-“

 

“SHUT UP!”Jonghyun’s voice shouted from the other line, making Key jump in surprise.

 

Key felt his eyes start to water. “Jjong…”

 

“You’re a freak!”

 

Key felt tears roll down his eyes to his cheeks. Key’s blood froze inside his veins and his eyes widened. Freak..?

What…what was he saying..? He had never talked to him like that.. was…was he drunk or something?

 

 “Jonghyun I’m pregnant with your kids! How can you say that?!” Key cried out.

 

“Those things are not mine.” Jonghyun said in a calm, cruel voice.

 

Key’s mouth opened in a silent gasp and felt a burning rage awake inside him.

Things…? Things?! He was calling their children…things?!

 

“HOW DARE YOU TO SPEAK LIKE THAT?!” Key yelled, his face wet in tears.

 

“We’re great without you, don’t come back. I never want to see you again. You and those things.”

 

“They’re not things! You won’t speak of my children like that!” Key couldn’t believe it. This was not real. He was dreaming right? This was just a bad nightmare. He would wake up soon…

 

“Then keep them! Keep them and stay away! I don’t want to see them, never.”

 

Key chocked on a sob and brought a hand to his face, covering it. “Jjong…why are you doing this…? This is not you…” He whispered, trying to remain calm. He couldn’t risk being so upset, this was bad for the babies…

 

“Don’t call me again. I already changed my number; this one is from a friend. ”

 

“Please…stop…you’re not like this…” Key whispered, feeling his head dangerously light. He felt dizzy, sick. “You’re not in your normal-”

 

“You’re the one who isn’t normal here.”

 

Key shook his head, still not believing the singer’s words. This couldn’t be Jonghyun… Jonghyun was sweet, caring, he loved children..! “Please…don’t leave us…”

 

“Never come back. I hate you.”

 

Key started to cry harder at this. No…

This was a lie…

 

“The boys don’t exact you love you anymore either. Don’t try to go to them; I think they’re even more pissed than I am.”

 

“They don’t know the truth…” Key’s voice was breaking but he couldn’t care less.

 

“I told them.”

 

“What…?”

 

“They’re disgusted. We’re disgusted.”

 

“No.  That’s a lie.” Key shouted angrily. His friends would never hate him or feel disgusted by that! It was impossible! He knew them! Why was he making things up?!

 

“I’m no liar. That’s your job.”

 

Liar..?

“No…Jjong please…please no…” Key sobbed, feeling his head spin, his chest burning in pain.

 

“Never come back. I’m warning you, never. I’m hanging up.”

 

“NO! JONGHYUN DON’T-” Key shouted in despair.

 

Tuuuuuuuuuuu…..

 

“…don’t leave us…” The rapper whispered, his eyes wide, shining with tears.

 

The room’s door opened and Sally entered, dressed in her pajamas, looking as confused as ever.“Kibum, what’s wrong? I heard you yel-oh god!”

 

Key felt arms being wrapped around him and being pulled to the woman’s chest. He let out a loud sob, tears falling uncontrollably.

 

“What happened sweetie?” Sally asked worriedly, rocking the boy’s body back and forth, rubbing his arm in a caring way. “You’re freezing…and trembling..!”

 

“H-he hates us…! He…HE LEFT US!” Key screamed, not being able to stay quiet anymore, his body feeling as weak as ever.

 

“Sssshhh, calm down honey.” The old woman whispered, fighting her own tears. She pressed a kiss on the boy’s forehead. “Cry, relieve your pain…”

 

That night…Key screamed until he lost his voice to sleep.

No pain had ever been worse than this one. Worse than being rejected a second time was being told those cruel words.

That night love turned into hate. That night…Key died. His heart ripped out off his heart and thrown on the floor, spitted and stepped on.

Kim Kibum was no longer Key.

Key was killed by the one he had loved the most.

 

Right now…he was only Kibum, the lonely boy who had no one that he could go to, with a miracle inside his belly, hiding it from the world.

 


 

Taemin felted really awkward.

There he was, in a club, listening to a very much drunken woman talk about her sad love life.

How did he got in there? Simple, he was the one who gave the idea. And why? To do exactly what he was doing, getting the secretary drunk and convince her to tell him where was Key.

 

“…and he left me! Right there! In front of all that people!” The woman talked non-stop, hiccupping. “His shirt was horrible anyways…”

 

“Do you know anyone called Kim Kibum?” Taemin asked for the second time since they had entered that bar. The first time the woman had given him a weird look and the maknae decided that she wasn’t drunk enough and made her drink a few more tequilas. But his time…

 

The woman nodded, taking another sip from her drink. “Yes I do. And then he called me back two weeks later!”

 

Taemin stood up and got closer to the drunken secretary, looking at her with enthusiasm. “Do you know where can I find him?”

 

The woman threw her hands in the air angrily. “I don’t know! He vanished after that and never calle-”

 

“No, no. I’m talking about Kibum. Do you know where he is?” Taemin his lips in anticipation, staring at the woman.

 

The secretary laughed. “Oh, that boy went to New York! Ah! I wish I could travel! Did you know that I was-”

 

Taemin’s eyes widened.

 

New York…?

 


 

IM NOT EVIL!  I DONT FEEL HAPPY TO MAKE KEY CRY!  I DONT LIKE SAD CHAPTERS!

 

I'm just wrtting my plot so things can start to get good. Just wanted to make that clear.

THE WORSE PART OF THE STORY IS DONE! I MADE IT!

NOW GRAB YOUR LITTLE HEARTS SO THEY CANT FALL OUT OF UR CHEST! CUZ THIS WILL BE THE HELL OF A ROLLERCOASTER OF EMOTIONS :D