Like a daddy

Two in a Million

Jonghyun blinked stupidly at the girl in front of him, slowly raising an eyebrow.

“I’m sorry miss, but I’m positive that I haven’t been with any girl.” Jonghyun forced a smile. This girl had some serious problems…

 

Minjee raised her eyebrow, mimicking him. “I never said you were…”

 

Minho gaped at Jonghyun, dumbfounded. “Hyung…you still don’t get it?”

 

“Omo…” Onew gasped, his eyes doubling their original size. “I think I got it…”

 

Minjee stared at the lost, confused face of the singer in front of her. Ok, she couldn’t blame him, not everyone would ever expect to have their boyfriend pregnant. It wasn’t that obvious, maybe she should explain better.

Yeah…she needed to explain very slowly so he could get everything right this time. This was a kind of topic that needed to be discussed carefully; she couldn’t risk having an idol having a heart attack over this.

 

“Jonghyun oppa please listed to me.” Minjee sat next to him, looking into his eyes. “Did you understand the part where Taemin explained th-”

 

“KEY IS PREGNANT YOU DUMB!” Minho shouted.

 

Minjee’s eyes widened in shock, her words struck in . There goes the slow explaining…

 

Jonghyun turned to Minho in shock.

He didn’t know what shocked him the most, if it was having Minho cursing for the first time or having him saying something that absurd.Key…pregnant?

How was that even possib-

 

Wait…

Key had mentioned this once…

 

 

“Do you realize what you done to me?! I loved you! I was ready to give up on the world because of you!” Jonghyun stepped in front of him, grabbing Key’s hands off his face, making him look at him.

“Jjong…”

“And you do THIS to me!” Jonghyun sobbed, giving Key a good look of how hurt he was.

“I’m pregnant!”

“…What?” Jonghyun whispered, his eyes widening, taking a step behind.

“I wasn’t cheating on you…I disappeared sometimes because…I was going to a private clinic…” Key let the words came out in weak sentences, sobbing. “Because I’m pregnant…”

 

 

The photo was fake and he did disappear… and the polite chat on the phone he had heard months ago before all that...

But…pregnant?

No, it was impossible…

 

“You see…his female organs grew big enough to start functioning normally. The canal that his body created grew wide enough to let your reach his egg. That’s what I read.” Minjee explained, studying Jonghyun’s facial reactions.

 

Taemin that had been blushing in shame because of the girl’s words remembered of something important and gasped. He grabbed his bag and opened it, taking out a brown envelope. The blonde walked slowly towards a very quiet Jonghyun and handed him the envelope. “This was for you. It explains everything…”

 

Jonghyun grabbed the envelope, his mind completely blank.

He reached for its contents and felt Minho and Onew approach him, maybe to get a better view of the documents.

 

Kim Kibum, New York Hospital… male pregnancy…three months pregnant… blood tests positive...high risk pregnancy…

 

What…?

 

“Is this…?” He heard Onew at his right, moving something from his lap. Looking up, Jonghyun’s eyes widened. The older boy was holding a…ultrasound result…? The boys kept staring at the black and white picture, trying to figure it out.

 

“You must know…there are two of them.” Minjee smiled, feeling relieved now that the singer was finally aware of the situation.

 

 “Two?”Jonghyun whispered, feeling numb. His head felt so empty…

 

Taemin grinned, nodding. “Two babies. Key is having twins, hyung. Congratulations.”

 

“Twins…?” The lead singer repeated, feeling dizzy, a cold shiver running down his back.

 

“A baby boy and a girl.” Taemin smiled warmly and chuckled at Onew’s and Minho’s shocked expressions.

 

Jonghyun blinked, staring at his shoes.

Key was pregnant…for real.

It was no joke. No one was going to jump out of shadows screaming ‘April Fools’. There were Hospital documents and ultrasounds…this wasn’t a lie.

Key was…pregnant with…twins..?

Oh…my…god…  TWINS?!

Twins as two?!Two babies?!

 

“You’ve always wanted a girl.” Onew grinned, letting out a laugh, still shocked.

 

Jonghyun felt stupid.

The information was slowly hitting him, millions of questions forming inside his head.

A dad…he was going to be a dad..?!

A dad of two…of a boy and a girl…?!

His heart was racing like crazy, hurting his chest, his hands were trembling involuntarily and he felt like the floor under him had disappeared, leaving him to fall into an endless dark hole. How did this happen? When did this happen?!

He woke up this morning as a depressed ordinary idol and now he was a dad?! OF TWINS?!

 

“Hyung…look…” Minho’s voice called him, waking him up from his thoughts.

 

Slowly, his eyes fell on a picture.

Jonghyun’s heart skipped a beat, his eyes burning, tears accumulating on them. This was…Key’s picture. Key…with a small belly…smiling to the camera.

 

He stared at the photo for a few minutes, his eyes never leaving the belly that Key had grown.

This was the biggest proof.

This wasn’t a dream.

He was a dad…

His Key was…

 

Jonghyun let out a sob, slapping his hand against his mouth, rushed tears falling down to his cheeks. Minho smiled beside him and Onew grinned, shaking Taemin’s arm excitedly, making the maknae chuckle. Kim Jonghyun finally got it; they should throw up a party.

 

“That picture is quite old. I have a recent one…” Taemin said, opening his wallet. “I kept it here to remember that Key needed me, to stay strong for him.”

 

With a trembling hand, Jonghyun grabbed the picture and when his eyes met the image…

He broke down.

 

Jonghyun cried, screaming his sobs out, a burning pain aching inside him.

In his hand, was a picture of Key, wearing his glasses and with a very large belly, sited in a garden bench, reading a book.

Minho smiled and pulled Jonghyun by the back of his neck to his arms, letting the other cry on his shoulder.

 

Taemin felt someone touch his arm and jumped. Minjee smiled at him. “We did it.”

 

The male maknae grinned, nodding. “It’s done. I feel much better now…”

 

“Oh I know how that feels!” Minjee chuckled, letting out a pleased sigh. She felt happy, she felt like she had finally done the right thing.

 

“Why…?” Jonghyun sobbed, his eyes red. “Why didn’t he tell me..?”

 

Minjee and Taemin looked at each other, sharing the same thoughts. They had forgotten about this part…

Minjee took a step forward. “I think I can explain that...”

 

Taemin shook his head, touching the girl’s arm. “You don’t have to. You already did so much for us.”

 

“Even if this wasn’t my fault, I feel like I should.” Minjee gave him a sad look. “Because I wasn’t there to stop her…”

 

“Her? You mean Sekyung?” Minho furrowed his eyebrows angrily, holding Jonghyun close as the boy continued to sob against his chest, his hand still holding Key’s picture.

 

Taemin nodded. “She did something cruel. She hurt Key in the worst way possible…”

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened, his sobs suddenly stopping. “What did she do…?” His voice sounded like nothing he had heard before, making Minho stare at him worriedly.

He sounded…murderous.

 

“She didn’t hurt him physically.” Taemin shook his head quickly, eyes wide at Jonghyun’s death glare.

 

Minjee stood by Taemin’s side, nodding. “Kibum wanted to send you these documents. He wanted to tell you. Actually…he thinks that you know.” She bit her lip, watching as the muscular boy in front of her frowned.

 

Jonghyun wiped his tears. What were they talking about?! How could he ever know something like that?! “But he never called me! I never saw him again!”

 

Taemin looked down. “He did call you. Or…he thought that it was you.”

 

Onew raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms. “What do you mean?”

 

“Sekyung paid a voice actor to imitate Jonghyun’s voice and tell Key that he didn’t want him back.” Minjee explained, avoiding everyone’s eyes. She felt so ashamed for her friend’s actions… “She made him say that he didn’t want the kids.”

 

Jonghyun brought his hands to his head, eyes wide open. “What…?”

 

Ring ding dong

Ring ding dong

Ring diggi ding diggi

 

Taemin jumped to the sound of his cellphone and excused himself, walking to a corner. “Let me get this…”

 

Minjee nodded and continued explaining, feeling a lot more nervous now. “I’m sorry… she stole the documents that were meant for you. I still don’t know how she did it, but she told me herself. She stole it from you before you had the time to know.” Minjee made a face. “She said…horrible things to him… She made him think that you don’t want him, that you hate him…”

 

“I could never hate him!!!” Jonghyun exploded, feeling a burning feeling inside his heart. Rage.Pure, burning rage.

 

How could she do it?!

She knew that Key was pregnant and kept following him around, trying to talk to him at every chance she got. He was so naïve, he didn’t want to be rude and push her off so he kept talking to her. And…she was the one who did all this…

Because of Sekyung…he hadn’t been there…

He hadn’t been there for Key…for his children…

Jonghyun felt a shiver run all over his body. His children…

It felt weird to call them that… it felt weird to think that he was indeed going to be a dad..!

And yet…he already felt so protective over them…!

Key thought he didn’t want his kids…how could he not?! Key’s babies…their babies…!

He needed to do something! Anything!

 

“Is she crazy?! What right did she have to do that?!”Minho snapped.

 

Onew looked down, glaring. “That girl is a psychopath…”

 

Jonghyun walked to the end of the room and grabbed his jacket and car keys, making everyone look at him, perplexed.

 

“Hyung, where are you going?” Minho asked, startled.

 

Jonghyun pursed his lips, glaring. “I’m going to find Sekyung...”

 

“No you are not.” Taemin suddenly came running, grabbed his arm.

 

“The hell I’m not!” The lead singer shoved the maknae away. “You know what she did to me, to Key, to us, to EVERYBODY!”

 

Taemin grabbed his arm again, biting his lip. “You can’t. Not now!”

 

Jonghyun pushed Taemin away, fuming. “Why not?!” he screamed, throwing his car keys to the sofa.

 

Taemin blinked, his mouth opening and closing like a fish.

The room fell into silence, everyone staring at the nervous blonde boy.

Taemin lifted his cellphone a bit, his hand trembling. “Because Key is going to have them..”

 

Minjee gasped, slapping her hands against . Behind her, both Onew and Minho copied her reaction a second later.

Jonghyun’s eyebrows lifted in shock. “What..?”

 

Taemin his lips quickly, feeling his mouth dry. He felt his body tremble in worry. “Sally, our landlady back at New York just called me… she told me that Key is in the hospital. …The babies are coming…”

 

The time seemed to have stopped for everyone in that room.

Key…was in the hospital?

He was going into labor…NOW?!

 

Jonghyun was the first to move, picking up his keys and running to the door like a maniac. “oh…OH MY GOD!!!”

 

Everyone kept staring, watching the lead singer slam the apartment’s door shut, listening to many loud ‘oh my gods’ coming from the building’s hallway.

 

Taemin’s mouth dropped. “YAAAH! WAIT FOR ME!” He shouted, following his friend.

 

Minho looked at Onew by his side and pointed at him. “You stay here!”

 

The older boy’s eyes widened. “What?!Why me?!”

 

“You’re the leader! You handle the manager!” Minho shouted, grabbing his jacket and rushing to the door.

 

“But-!” Onew gagged, looking lost.

 

“Have fun!” The rapper screamed before slamming the door closed.

 

Onew looked around, not knowing what to do. “Wa-but I-…ARGH!” He screamed, kicking the sofa. “OW!”

Minjee gave him a weird look as the boy whimpered, sitting on the sofa, holding his hurt foot.

 

Suddenly, the door opened again and the newest member came in, looking horrified. He looked around the apartment before glancing at Onew. “I thought the house was burning down. I just got bumped and stepped on by three maniacs on my way to the elevator.”

 

Onew kept groaning loudly, hugging his foot.

 

JungHee raised an eyebrow, looking at the leader suspiciously. “Have you been smoking pot…?”

 

Minjee rolled her eyes and sighed. Idols were so complicated to deal with.

 

 


 

 

Minho ran after Jonghyun till they reached the building’s parking lot and saw Jonghyun by the car, opening it.“Hyung, no! Wait! You can’t drive!” 

 

Taemin came running after him and the rapper pointed at the lead singer.“Taemin quick! Hold him down!”

 

The maknae nodded and sprinted to the older male, jumping on him, hugging his back. “Got him!”

 

“What the hell?!” Jonghyun yelped, dropping his car keys on the floor as Taemin fell on his back. “This isn’t time for piggy back rides!”

 

Minho ran to the boys and grabbed the fallen car keys, opening the driver’s door and sitting in the front. “If you drive we’ll crash, die and you’ll never see your kids!”

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened again. He stayed silent for a moment before talking again. ”…You drive.”

 

Minho nodded, chuckling. “That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Minnie, get him on the back please.”

 

Taemin jumped out of his friend and pulled Jonghyun by the arm, opening the other door. Jonghyun made an offended expression. “I don’t want to be in the back! I’m your hyung!”

 

Minho smiled, adjusting the car's mirrors and putting the seatbelt on. “And you’re freaking out; you need to stay away from the steering wheel.”

 

 


 

 

“Kibum…Kibummie wake up…”

 

Key’s eyes stirred under his eyelids and the boy moaned sleepily, pulling the blanket closer to him. Strange…that blanket didn’t felt like his blanket…the fabric felt different…

 

“Kibummie wake up…it’s momma.” The voice said again.

 

Momma? …what?

Key slowly opened his eyes, blinking them carefully as the lamp’s light hit them.

A middle aged woman was sited on the bed, staring at him with a weak smile, eyes shining dangerously close to tears.

 

Key tried to sit up but failed as he felt his belly get in the way one more time. He still wasn’t used to this… “Mom…? You came…”

 

The woman said nothing, her lip started trembling and she threw her arms around Key’s neck, hugging him close.

Key froze, his eyes widening in surprise. He couldn’t remember the last time his mother gave him a hug…this was new…

Slowly, he returned the embrace, listening to his mother’s quiet sobs.

 

After a while, she pulled back, her makeup now completely ruined. She smiled, pushing Key’s bangs off his face gently. “Kibum…you’re so big…” She chuckled, letting out another sob.

 

Key couldn’t help but smile. He was so happy…he had missed a mother by his side. It felt like it was the first time that she was talking to him without looking at her watch or rushing to grab her bags and coat because she was late for work. No, she was there, petting his head, smiling…like a mother.

Like a real mother…

 

“I’ll be skinny again in a few hours …it’s a matter of time.” Key chuckled, petting his clothed belly. The twins weren’t moving so much lately, at first he got scared but then Doctor Jung told him that it was normal, that by the eighth month they would be sleeping most of the time.

 

“Can I touch…?” The brown haired woman asked, eyes full of different emotions.

 

Key nodded, lifting his shirt up a bit.

His mother raised a trembling hand, and slowly touched his skin, lowering her fingers carefully on his stomach. Key smirked. “I’m not going to break.”

 

The woman gave him a surprised look but smiled, lowering her hand completely, palming the warm skin. She closed her eyes but a tear fell down, escaping them. “I’m here Kibum. I’ll help you to have these children…”

 

Key blinked in confusion. “What do you mean?”

 

Kim Ji-yeon, Key’s mother, palmed his cheek softly, rubbing her thumb on it. “I’ll go with you to the C-section. They allowed me. I’ll be there helping the doctors.” She smiled at him.

 

The blonde boy stared at her, completely speechless. After some moments his voice started obeying to him again and his lips released a smile. “Really?”

 

Ji-yeon nodded, smiling back. “Really. You won’t be alone.”

 

Suddenly, reality hit him hard.

If his mother was already in there…what time was it?! How many hours did he slept?! Were the doctors in there already? When would he be called to the surgery? How many hours would it take?

Freaking out, Key grabbed his cellphone and gasped. “It’s seven in the morning! How in hell I slept 10 hours?”

 

“You’ve been sedated Kibum. They gave you something to sleep.” His mother told him.

 

Key raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

 

The woman gave him a weak smile. “Doctor Jung told me that you had been complaining about sleeping, that you were tired but your body hurt too much to fall asleep. They helped you with that.”

 

Oh, so now he knew what was that pill for…

 

“The medicament wore off a long time ago; you sure were tired if you didn’t wake up until now.” His mother kept smiling, rubbing his hand.

 

“I guess I was..” Key sighed, resting his back against the pillow, feeling his spine ache. Guess that that pill still didn’t take his pain away.

 

“At least you’re well rested now.” She smiled.

 

The blonde rapper stared at the door, feeling himself get nervous by second. This was it, this was the day…everything had happened so fast…  “When will they get me?”

 

His mother gave him a worried look. “In a few minutes…”

 

Key’s heart skipped a beat. That soon?! “Omo…really?”

 

The curled haired woman nodded. “It’s 7am already, the last doctor arrived an hour ago, it seemed like he wasn’t in Thailand like they were thinking, he had left to China a day before. But don’t worry honey, everything will be alright..”

 

Key closed his eyes, his hands dropping on his stomach, hugging it unconsciously. “I’m scared…”

 

“I know…the good thing is that you’ll be put to sleep when it happens, you won’t feel anything.” His mother gave him a sympathetic smile, trying to keep her son calm. However, she knew that it wouldn’t be easy…it was going to happen sooner or later; she knew that he would freak out.

She was a nurse, she had seen in millions of times.

 

“Is that a good thing? What If I fall asleep forever?” The question came out from the boy’s lips, making the woman’s eyes widen in shock.

 

“Kibum, I forbid you to touch on that subject.” The nurse said in a warning tone.

 

Key smiled sadly, closing his eyes again, sighing. “We all know that it can happen.”

 

He felt his mother’s hand grab his own, squeezing it. “But it won’t.” She said in a firm voice.

 

How did she know that? Anything could happen… “How can you be so sure?”

 

The woman frowned, wearing a very serious, determined look. “I’ll fight; I’ll give my best to make it go well. I promise. I won’t lose you nor my grandchildren.”

 

Key smiled. It was good to have his mother back, he really missed the feeling… but… “Where is dad..?”

 

“He was in Hong Kong for work; it seems that he’s finally making a deal with a Chinese Company. I called him right after you called me so he must be on his way here.” She told him.

 

Key was about to ask if his father wouldn’t get in trouble for leaving his work like that when a doctor he had never seen before entered the room holding a file. “Kim Kibum?”

 

Key felt a shiver run down his spine. Not so soon…he wasn’t ready… “That’s me.”

 

The man smiled, adjusting his glasses. “Your room is ready, shall we go?”

 

Key felt his heart drop inside him. He didn’t want to go…! This was too soon!

The rapper felt tears burn his eyes and stretched his arm, grabbing his mother hand, shaking. “Mom…!”

 

His hand was squeezed back in response. “I’m right behind you honey.”

 


 

Fourteen hours inside of an airplane…and he had only slept about three hours. He couldn’t sleep; he couldn’t stop thinking of Key. He kept staring at the photo, drinking every detail into his memory.

His palms were sweating, his body heat kept rising and dropping, his breathing was unstable and so was his heartbeat.

He couldn’t let Key have their children without him; he would never forgive himself if he got there late to watch his kids born.

His babies…his son and daughter…

 

Goddamn…he would never imagine that he would be a dad this quick, especially when the mother was called Kim Kibum.

While his friends were sleeping on the plane, Jonghyun couldn’t help but reflect about his life. What would he do now? His parents needed to know that they were about to have grandchildren but he didn’t have the courage to call them. His dad would have a heart attack if he told him who the mother of his children was. Jonghyun chuckled, imagining his dad’s face if he told him.

But that wasn’t all…he needed to buy a house! He couldn’t raise his children in a dorm! But even before that, he needed Key to know the truth, that he wanted his kids, that he was in love with them already…!

And… that he was in love with him too.

 

Hell, so many problems in so little time!

They were currently inside a taxi, driving to the hospital that Taemin said to be sure the one that Key was. The younger had got another call hours later, from the same old lady that he kept talking about, saying that the surgery would take place at early in the morning.

 

Problem was…it was early in the morning already and they were still struck in the traffic!!!

Jonghyun put his head out of the car’s window and looked at the long line of cars in front of them. The singer made a frustrated noise with his throat and looked at his watch again.

 

“Hyung…please calm down.” Taemin gave him a weak smile by his side.

 

Jonghyun shook his head, letting a hand rest against his forehead. “I can’t calm down! Key can be in surgery right now and I’m here!”

 

Minho looked at him from the other end of the car. “We can’t do anything…we’re stuck.”

 

Jonghyun groaned loudly, receiving weird looks from the taxi driver and leaned back on his seat, staring out of the window. “Taemin…how far is the hospital?” He whispered, his eyes never leaving the busy road.

 

Taemin thought a little in silence before replying. “Well…it would take half an hour to get there I think…”

 

“Then yes, we can do something.” Jonghyun said in a determined voice, opening the car’s door and stepping outside. “Follow me if you want.”

 

“Hyung, where are you going?!” Minho shouted, alarmed.

 

“I’ll run!” Jonghyun yelled, pushing people out of his way.

 

Taemin’s eyes widened. “You don’t know the way! Wait for me!” He shouted, running after the lead singer.

 

Minho was about to follow them when he got a glare from the taxi driver. The rapper chuckled nervously and opened his wallet. “Ah, sir, how much is it?”

 


First thing you need to know: I wrote this in like...20 minutes so sorry for the crappy chapter and sorry for the usual mistakes lol.

(Now I dont even get to sleep so I can keep updating to you guys, yes my mom still doesnt allow me on the comptuter. *cough*betch*cough*)

AND IM SO SORRY IF I CANT REPLY TO ALL THE COMMENTS!!!! I usually reply to all of them but I dont have the time ToT I STILL LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!

So about the chapter... Like iiiiiiiiiit my dear minions?!

I CANT HEAR YOU!!!

SCREAM LOUDER!!!

OH, BTW, Key's mother: