Revelations

Two in a Million

Cha Minjee. That was the girl’s name he was about to meet.

Hiding his face under the hood of his sweater and with large sunglasses covering his eyes, Taemin walked into the coffee shop he had been asked to attend and his eyes searched for a sign. A feminine, pale hand rose in the middle of the crowd and he walked in that way.

 

Two days ago he had got a message from a girl called Minjee.

She knew about Key, she knew his secret, she knew everything. And for what she told him…she knew much more than all of them.

He laughed when the girl told him to meet with her, since he was in America it would be quite difficult to do that, he told her. But here he was, back to Korea. Why?

She told him that the things she had to say, she had to tell him personally, that she could fix everything that was wrong. How, Taemin did not know, but he sure wanted to find out.

 

He told Key that he was going to leave for a few days because of the band, he had to lie to him… if the older boy knew that someone…specially Sekyung’s bestfriend knew about his situation…he would end up in the hospital. It was too risky to tell him the truth.

 

So here he was, back at Seoul in a part of the city that he had never been before, inside a small, traditional coffee shop.

He spotted the girl that waved at him and gave her a small smile.

 

The girl stood up and bowed. “Pleased to meet you oppa. I’m Cha Minjee, thank you for coming.”

 

Minjee wasn’t like the other girls he knew, maybe because he only knew girl idols. This girl had long, dark hair, pale skin, bow shaped lips, small nose and big dark eyes behind old fashioned huge glasses. He was used to see girls dressed in sparkly stylish clothes and this one…was dressed in old loose trousers with suspenders and an old fashioned blouse.

 

Taemin bowed politely and sat on the girl’s table. “You told me some disturbing things.” He commented, hoping to start the conversation.

 

The girl blinked behind her huge glasses and pursed her lips, her hands playing nervously with her cup of still hot coffee. “I’m afraid…that what I have to say…it’s much more disturbing.”

 

Taemin tensed. He didn’t like this at all… “Please tell me everything you know.”

 


 

Choi Minho wasn’t stupid, end of story.

He knew he had heard Key on the phone two days ago, he knew that voice way too well to forget it. Taemin had found him, that’s why he left. The thing that he didn’t understand…was why Kibum let him be with him. First off, he obviously didn’t wanted to be found, and then he knew that the older boy cared for SHINee, so why did he let Taemin leave the band in the situation they were in?

He didn’t understand lots of things; he was too confused and hurt to think about them too. Taemin had been lying to them all that time, but why? What could be so serious that no one could know that Key was with him?

 

He had just ended a game of basketball with some friends from his old school when he received a call. He looked at the cellphone and his eyes widened. Taemin’s mother…?

Then he remembered, he had asked Taemin’s mom to warn him if the boy ever got home again. Minho smiled to himself.

So Taemin had returned…

 

his lips, Minho picked up. “Hello?”

 


 

“What…what did you say?” Taemin gagged, blinking quickly, heart racing inside his chest.

 

Minjee bit her lip and avoided the boy’s gaze. “I’m sorry…this is the truth…”

 

The blonde boy’s mouth kept open in shock.

This was the girl that Key had told him about! This was the girl that took him to the dark alley and drugged him! And…Shin Sekyung was the one behind all this. The girl made all this to get her hands on his friend. “Sekyung…she…how could she…?!”

 

Minjee bowed her head in shame. “I’m really sorry…I helped her in the beginning…I never knew this would end up like this…”

 

Taemin wanted to punch the table. How could someone have the courage to do something like this?! “How could you?! Do you normally step into other people’s business just because you’re asked to do it?!”

 

Minjee shook her head frantically. “No, no. Please…I’m really sorry…” The girl whispered in a weak voice, small tears accumulating on her eyes.  “I’m trying to fix this the best way I can. I know what I did was wrong…”

 

Sekyung made his friends fight with each other and…Key thought that Jonghyun knew about his pregnancy but…he knew nothing. Jonghyun was completely clueless…! He didn’t know about Key’s situation, he didn’t know he was going to be a father and he didn’t know he was going to have two kids! Nothing! Absolutely nothing at all!

And this happened because…Sekyung wanted to date Jonghyun…! The girl was mad!

 

“He’s eight months pregnant…! Eight…! Because of you and…that…person…Jonghyun never knew the truth…Key doesn’t know either! Oh my god…” Taemin covered his face with his hands, feeling his self control coming to an end.  “This can’t be happening…”

 

Minjee nodded, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. “I was really shocked when she said she got a voice actor to say those things to him. No one deserves that. He-”

 

Taemin cut her off. “Do you realize that he’s having an extremely dangerous pregnancy? He could have aborted with that call..!” The singer almost shouted, getting weird glares from an old man sited on the table next to him. “I don’t even know how he did it…! He could get seriously hurt.. he..!”

 

“Please calm down…” Minjee whispered, eyeing the coffeshop girl that was giving them a funny look.

 

“How can I?!” Taemin whispered loudly, sinking his hands in his hair. “You just told me that these seven months were a lie for everyone! Key thinks Jonghyun hates him and doesn’t want his kids, Jonghyun don’t even know he has kids and thinks that Key cheated on him…all because of that…!”

 

Taemin never cursed but he just couldn’t help it anymore. There was a raging burning fire inside him that needed to come out. How would he solve this? This was a bomb that fell on his lap, waiting to explode and he needed to cut the right string.

 

“Please, people are looking…!” Minjee touched his hand briefly to get his attention.

 

Taemin sighed, looking up. “I don’t know what to do anymore…If I tell this to Key….I’m not sure what kind of reaction he’ll have…!”

 

“I understand…he can’t be upset right now...” Minjee bit her lip, trying to think of something.

 

“He can even be happy for a moment, but knowing Key as I do, he will go berserk, he’ll want to kill you and Sekyung in the same instant. He can’t have those kinds of emotions right now…!” The singer said, feeling stress accumulate on his shoulders.

 

Minjee readjusted the glasses on her nose. “But…your friend Jonghyun needs to know he’s going to be a father…”

 

Taemin nodded. “Yes he does. And I’m not sure how I’m going to tell him…”

 

“I’m sorry for all the trouble…I’m terribly sorry…” The girl whispered in a guilty voice, looking down to her cup of coffee.

 

Taemin groaned. “You should. Our band…their relationship…the kids…everything got messed up…”

 

There was a moment of silence before Minjee start talking again. “You need to know, Sekyung is obsessed with Jonghyun. Please, he needs to stay away from her. I’m afraid that she isn’t the person I used to know before…”

 

Taemin nodded and smiled weakly at her. “And I’m sorry I yelled at you…I know it takes a lot of courage to do what you did…I don’t usually yell at anyone…”

 

Minjee shook her head negatively. “It was still wrong of me, you are right and I don’t blame you.”

 

“She’s your friend and you wanted to help her, I would probably do the same…I’m sorry. She’s the one to fault, not you.” Taemin sighed again, running his fingers through his blonde hair.

 

The girl smiled at him but quickly frowned again. “I hope we can still fix this…the babies need a father and Kibum needs a lover by his side...”

 

Taemin chuckled weakly. “And I need a coffee right now. I’m pretty sure I’ll need it.”

 

Minjee stood up quickly, grabbing her bag. “Oh! Please let me pay for it.”

 

Taemin’s eyes widened. “Oh? Wait no…! That’s not right..!”

 

“Please, I insist.” Minjee smiled, bowing her head slightly. “It’s not every day that the ugly me gets to have a coffee with a handsome man.” She chuckled, opening her bag and taking out her wallet.

 

Taemin blushed.

Man? She had called him a man?

Normally he was called a boy, not a …man. “Oh…you… you think I’m a handsome...man?” He asked, feeling somewhat proud, his cheeks burning.

 

Minjee slapped her hands against . “Omo..! I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said-”

 

Taemin shook his head quickly. “No, no, it’s alright. I’m used to that. I get it a lot.”

 

“I see...” The girl said, raising an eyebrow. This boy sure was full of himself… she had been told that most of idols were like this, that they were playboys too, full of confidence. Was this person like that too?

 

“You’re not ugly.” Taemin said without thinking.

 

Minjee blinked. “I’m sorry?”

 

Taemin lowered his head a bit, blushing. “You said that you were ugly…! I wanted to say that you are not. You have pretty eyes.”

 

Minjee blushed, adjusting her glasses. “Normally no one notices them behind the glasses...”

 

“I think they’re cute.” Taemin admitted sincerely.

 

“The glasses?”

 

Taemin chuckled nervously. “Y-yeah. They suit you.”

 

“They’re too big for my face..” The girl gave him a weird look. “People say they’re ugly.”

 

“That’s not true, they make you look cute.” The young idol said a bit too fast. Taemin gulped, feeling the girl stare at him. What was this feeling? Why was he so nervous?

 

“Oh…” Minjee gave the boy a suspicious look. Maybe her friends from school were right…idols were playboys. But… somewhat he sounded innocent, he wasn’t saying those things with the tone of voice that other guys would use. He sounded…genuine.

 

“I’m sorry, I need to go.” Taemin stood up quickly, forgetting about the coffee. He just wanted to get out of there, he hated the awkward silence. He felt so weird right now..!

 

“Please take this.” The girl handed him a brown envelope.

 

Taemin blinked in confusion and took the envelope from the girl’s hands. He opened it and stared at its contents. Key’s documents… “This is…”

 

Minjee smiled. “I stole it from Sekyung. They might be useful for you…”

 

“Thank you.” Taemin bowed politely.

 

The brown haired girl gave him a concerned look. “You have my number now, please keep me updated…I need to know if everything went right..I’m really worried for your friend. If you need me, I’ll help.”

 

Taemin smiled again. “That means a lot, thank you. And I will, don’t worry. Oh, you’ll also have to promise that…”

 

Minjee rolled her eyes and smiled. “Oh don’t worry; I have no intention to tell anything of this to the media. I’m not searching for fame.”

 

Taemin grinned.

This girl…this girl was different.

 


 

Taemin had been wandering through the streets for almost an hour now.

He had been thinking about everything that just happened. How would he tell Key that Jonghyun never said those things to him? That was actually a voice actor that did it…by Sekyung’s command.

He never wished bad luck to anyone before…but this girl made him change his mind. This girl needed to be punished. She ruined everyone’s lives…

Selfish, ambitious and cold-hearted Sekyung… that girl couldn’t be sane. No one would ever do what she did.

And now h-

 

Suddenly, Taemin felt hands on his shoulders, pulling him into a dark alley.

Was he being robbed?!

The young idol pushed the person against the wall and the person fought back, pinning him to the floor. “Taemin! Taemin calm down!”

 

The maknae recognized Minho’s voice and stared at him angrily. “Are you crazy?! I thought I was going to be robbed!”

 

“Where is Key?” Minho asked, not letting go of Taemin’s jacket. He wouldn’t let the boy run away this time. He needed to know everything.

 

Taemin’s eyes widened in surprise. “What?”

 

Minho groaned. “I asked where is Key. I’m not stupid Tae, I know I heard him! Don’t lie to me again.”

 

Taemin avoided Minho’s eyes, looking down. “He’s not here.”

 

The taller boy shook the other slightly. “I told you to no-”

 

“I’m not lying! Key isn’t in Korea.” Taemin frowned. Minho’s eyes widened and he felt him loose his grip on his jacket. He had nothing to hide now...he would end up saying the truth sooner or later… “He’s in America.”

 

Minho stood up slowly, eyeing the maknae in confusion. “America…? You’ve been…”

 

Taemin stood up too, rubbing off the dust off his clothes. “Yes. I’ve been in New York with him…”

 

Minho gave him a genuine confused look, his eyes looking too big for his face. “Why..? What happened?”

 

Taemin sighed. So this was it. This was the day. “I guess this is how it is…I’ll tell you the whole story…but I need Jonghyun to be present.”

 

The older boy raised an eyebrow. “Jonghyun?”

 

Taemin nodded, biting his lip. “Yes. He needs to know why Key left more than anyone.”

 

Minho made a sarcastic sound with his throat and grabbed the maknae’s wrist, pulling him to the street. “Let’s go now then. I want to know what’s so important that made him leave the band..!”

 

Minho stopped when he felt Taemin stop walking. He turned around to see the maknae with a very serious expression on his face. Something was very wrong…

 

“Minho…” Taemin’s voice came in a cold tone. “Don’t underestimate Key. This is really serious…”

 

Minho felt a shiver run down his back. “You’re scaring me…”  He whispered.

 

“There’s a good reason to be scared…”Taemin said, talking his cell phone out of his pocket.  “But I need someone to help me to tell you this…”

 

“What are you doing?” Minho asked, frowning.

 

Taemin gave him a small smile. “Calling the person that will make you believe in my words…”

 


 

“Do you have the pies ready?” Sally asked, entering the kitchen of her bakery where Key had been resting, adding the last strawberries on the top of the sweets.

 

“Yes, I put them on the counter.” Key pointed at his right.

 

“Ah good. The costumers will be pleased. These are going for a birthday party.” The old woman grabbed two pies with both hands and turned to the boy who was focused on the tart before him. “Kibum…”

 

The blonde looked up. Sally smiled weakly. “You’re not working too much right? I only told you to do the easy parts; I don’t want you carrying weights around.” She told him in a warning voice.

 

Key smiled. “I know. I’m not.”

 

“Good. I’ll take these now.” Sally gave him a warm smile and left the kitchen.

 

Key sighed, pouring Chantilly in a cake. He felt lonely without Taemin.

He wondered how the band was doing.

Did they miss him?

Were they planning new songs? Doing new choreographies?

Gosh he missed his old life. This one was so boring…

He was made to shine, not to live hidden in a small village where nothing happened.

He just wanted to-

 

Key’s eyes widened as he felt a strong pain inside him.

What was this..?

 

“Arghhh!” He yelled, his hands holding his stomach instinctively. What the was happening?!

He felt weak, his legs were giving up and the pain was something he had never felt before. He felt like crying, screaming even.

Falling on the floor, Key protected his tummy with his hands, whimpering loudly.

 

The door burst open, Sally running to him. “Oh my god! What happened?!”

 

She tried to make him sit up but the pain only got stronger, making the boy scream.

He pointed to his bag, gasping. “D-doctor Jung…my p-phone…”

 


 

Guys, this is a QUICK UPDATE  for the reasons that you already know and I didnt have the time to check for errors so yeah.

GOTTA GO