Midnight Calls

Two in a Million

The waves hitting on each other was a delicious sound. It really was.

Key loved the beach, it was so relaxing…

He had almost forgotten how good it felt to feel the water on his feet, the sand on his toes, that salty atmosphere all over the place…

 

“How are you going to name them?”

 

Key opened his eyes slowly at Taemin’s question. The maknae was looking at him, laid next to him. Their hair would probably be covered in sand when they get up but Key was feeling way too good to care about that.

Names… he had been thinking about that lately too.

 

“What would you name them?” Key smiled at his friend, petting the skin of his stomach below the sweater.

 

“Eh? Well…the boy should totally be called Taemin!” The maknae nodded proudly.

 

Key laughed. “What?! No way!”

 

“It’s a beautiful name!” Taemin gasped, his eyes never leaving the stars upon him. It was a beautiful night…

 

“It’s your name.” Key pointed out, rolling his eyes, smiling.

 

“That’s why it’s so beautiful!” Taemin grinned, making Key chuckle.

 

Both boys just kept quiet like that for a few moments, enjoying the sound of the waves, the exotic scented breeze on their faces.

Taemin had convinced him to leave Sally’s home for a while and took him there. He was really thankful to the maknae, he hadn’t been in contact with the nature for a while now and the sound of the water was washing his stress away.

 

Key smiled. “Mikum.”

 

Taemin turned to him, confused. “I’m sorry, what?”

 

“Mikum. Kim Mikum…for the girl.” Key couldn’t help but smile, his hand resting on his huge belly. Eight months had already passed by. He couldn’t believe it…it felt like he had found about them just yesterday…

 

Taemin blinked a few times, thinking. “It’s…unusual. It’s not a very common name is it?”

 

Key chuckled and nodded. “It’s unique. My grandma said that if I turned out to be a girl she’d like me to be called Mikum. But I got to be a boy so my mom chose Kibum. Mikum means self-expression and I have the feeling that she’ll be very expressive.” The older boy smiled, hands on his stomach, feeling one of them move slowly inside him. It was a strange feeling, but it always made him happy and he got used to it quickly, he loved to feel his little ones move and kick.

 

“Ohh! And the boy?” Taemin asked with interest.

 

Key bit his lip, frowning. “I’ve always liked Kwan but…”

 

Taemin nodded. “Kwan means strong.”

 

“I want him to be Jae-sun.” Key decided in a determined voice.

 

Taemin laughed and supported his head with his elbow to take a good look at his friend. “That sounds American! Jason!”

 

“Kim Jae-sun… Omo! It sounds so cool!” Key wanted to giggle like a mad person.

 

Taemin nodded, smiling. “Mikum and Jae-sun. I like it.”

 

Key’s eyes widened. “Omo…”

 

“What?”

 

“I just chose my children’s names…” Key whispered, his hands covering his mouth in shock.

 

Taemin laughed and let his hand touch his friend’s belly. He petted it carefully. “Will they like it?”

 

Key sneered in his diva tone. “Of course! They’re unique! I couldn’t just pick some common name for my kids! I want them to be…”

 

“…Almighty?” Taemin finished, smirking evilly.

 

Key chuckled and punched Taemin’s arm playfully. “YAH! I just want them to feel special! Because…”

 

Taemin blinked at Key’s drastic change of voice.

The ex-rapper was looking down, small tears on the corner of his eyes. “Because they are…they’re very special…to me.”

 

Taemin fought the urge to laugh and poked Key’s shoulder. “Key, you’re having the emotional thing again.”

 

The pregnant boy made a silent gasp and pouted. “Shut up.”

 

Taemin’s lips curved in an evil smile and his eyes fell on the pregnant boy at his side. “Who would guess… SHINee’s Almighty Key, the fashion diva, the boy who was always worried in not getting fat... dressed in boring colored sweats and fatter than a baby whale.”

 

Key’s eyes widened at his friend’s remark. “…How dare you?!”

 

“I just said this because I’m sure you can’t run to beat me up.” Taemin gave him his best grin, standing up to clean his clothes from the sand.

 

Key sighed in defeat. “Ok, you win. Now help me up.”

 

Taemin nodded and stretched his hand to the older boy. Key grabbed the other’s hand and smiled. Taemin’s eyes widened.

It was too late.

 

Key pulled the other into the sand again and sat on his friend’s back. “WHO DID YOU CALL FAT?!”

 


 

Get in contact with SHINee wasn’t something that a normal girl could do easily.

So how would Minjee talk to Jonghyun and Kibum? She wasn’t even a fan and she didn’t know much about them, she didn’t know where they lived and Sekyung had been careful to don’t reveal the location…not even to her.

But she knew what she really need, a number.

 

It was early in the morning when Minjee entered Sekyung’s house. Her excuse? She wanted to borrow a dress from her friend because she had been asked on a date. Her real reason? Make Sekyung busy so she could steal a few things from her.

 

It hadn’t been easy.

For the past month she had spent hours in that house, trying to get Sekyung busy so she could search around.  She had only a few minutes while the other was occupied with trivial things like getting dressed, cooking something or brushing her teeth, so she didn’t have a lot of time to hunt for what she needed.

It had been impossible to reach Sekyung’s phone since she would never leave it behind, she always kept it on her back pocket on in her purse…but…Minjee knew that she had the habit to write down everyone’s phone numbers on her notebook. So that was her only chance. She already knew where her friend kept Kibum’s documents, but finding where she kept her notebook…had been a real problem. She found it one day though, she only needed a number, she didn’t care who it was, she only needed a number from a band member.

The day she found it, hidden in the actress’s room, she didn’t have the time to search for any contacts, but this time…she would do it.

 

“Is your date a hottie? Who is he?” Shin Sekyung asked, her head inside her closet, pushing and moving clothes around.

 

Minjee, sited on the bed shrugged. “Oh, just a guy from my school.” She lied.

 

“Really? Sounds boring.” The older girl commented and took out a fancy purple dress, showing it to her childhood friend. “Do you like this one?”

 

“Argh…it looks too sparkly for me…” Minjee bit her lip, trying to look as innocent as she could. She needed her to leave the room..! “Do you still have that white dress? The one with the blue flowers?”

 

Sekyung frowned. “That one is old...”

 

“Ah, yes. But I really love it. Can you borrow me that one?” Minjee puppy eyed the other girl.

 

The actress gave her a strange look but nodded. “Sure…I keep my old clothes in the attic though. Give me a minute.”

 

“Okay.” Minjee smiled, watching the girl leave to the hallway. She heard steps on the stairs and stood up quickly. “I only need a minute anyway…”

 

Poking her head out, she saw Sekyung’s feet climbing the stairs to the attic and hurried down to the other stairs. She needed those documents..! She needed to be fast!

Running to the actress’s living room, she opened the drawer of the bookshelf and took out the familiar brown envelope. Her heart was racing so freaking much, if Sekyung catch her now, she would never have this chance again…!

Hiding the envelope under her shirt on her stomach, Minjee hurried upstairs again, trying to make any noise. She could hear the older girl in the attic, moving things out of the way and entered the bedroom again.

 

Running to Sekyung’s nightstand, she opened the drawer and searched for a red notebook. There! Minjee opened the book and ran her finger to the letter S. SHINee, SHINee, SHINee… what?! There was no SHINee!

What about Jonghyun?

Letter J… Jonghyuuuuun…

Minjee couldn’t believe it! She kept his number only on her phone?!

And she couldn’t see any ‘Kibum’ in there either!

 

Stressed and nervous, Minjee dropped the book on the floor. Gasping, she bowed down quickly and…what was th- Lee Taemin Shinee..?

Her eyes widened. JACKPOT!

 

With her heart racing even more, Minjee took out a pen from her pocket and quickly wrote the number on her arm.

Oh …she could hear Sekyung’s steps on the stairs again!!! Hurry, hurry, hurry! Cha Minjee, just hurry up!

 

 

“Minjee?” Sekyung opened the door, walking in with a blue white dress on her left arm.

 

The younger girl turned around, smiling. “Yes?”

 

“What are you doing in there?” Sekyung asked. She had left the girl sited on her bed didn’t she?

 

“You have a beautiful view from this window.” The younger girl smiled from the other side of the room, leaned on the other’s window beside the nightstand.

 

“Well, just hurry up and try out the dress.”

 

Minjee nodded, smiling widely.

Victory.

 


 

It was late at night when Minho decided to call Taemin. Problem was, a sleepy Taemin wasn’t a very patient one. “Hyung, I told you already, I’m fine. Yes, I’ve been eating…” He groaned.

 

“When will you come back? And for god’s sake, just tell me where you are!”

 

“I can’t tell you. Please let me sleep now.” Taemin sighed, rubbing his eyes, leaning onto his pillow. He was inside the bed already, what a bad time to call someone…!

 

“Lee Taemin, are you doing drugs?”

 

Taemin frowned. “Don’t use Key’s tone, it’s creepy.”

 

“I didn’t mean to.”

 

“And it doesn’t suit you at all. I have two ummas already, I don’t need one more.” Taemin groaned again, slowly closing his eyes. Why couldn’t he just call tomorrow morning? Oh, because tomorrow morning it would be nighttime in Korea. Great.

 

“You only have one now…you need to stop hoping for Kibum…”

 

“Please Minho…! I’m tired and I need to sleep!” The younger boy whined loudly.

 

Suddenly, his bedroom opened, a familiar pregnant boy coming in, hand on his back to support himself. “Lee Taemin, quiet down, will you? Yo-oh…!” Key slapped his hand against his lips when he saw Taemin gesticulating at him like a maniac to shut up, pointing to his cellphone.

 

“Who was that?” Minho asked suspiciously on the other line.

 

“No one.” Taemin giggled nervously.

 

“…Was that Kibum?”

 

The maknae paled. “Of course not.”

 

“Taemin…you’re not lying are you? I’m your best-”

 

Ok, time to flee. “I’m tired, I’m hanging up now. Goodnight hyung.”

 

“Tae wai-”

 

Taemin sighed, pressing the red button. He hated to do this, but it was necessary. He knew that he couldn’t run from them forever, but he couldn’t have Key stressing over more problems than he already had. He couldn’t risky his friend’s life.

 

“Minho?” Key asked, sitting on the bed slowly, trying to get the right position. A huge, heavy belly didn’t help at all.

 

“Yeah. That was a close one.” Taemin nodded, running his fingers through his hair.

 

Key bit his lip. “How is he…?”

 

“Worried. But don’t stress over it, ok?” Taemin smiled, giving Key’s hand a squeeze. Gosh his eyes were so heavy… he was soo tired…

 

Key nodded and poked the maknae’s arm to get his attention since the other was obviously falling asleep. “Do you want something to eat before going to bed? You didn’t eat much at dinner. Sally and I baked a strawberry cake this afternoon.”

 

Taemin’s eyes shot open. “Keyyyy! You need to rest! You can’t keep on working like that!”

 

“Well, I still need to do something or I’ll go mad!” The older boy rolled his eyes. “Helping Sally with her sweets is getting me some extra money too, you know?”

 

“Still, you should rest more.” Taemin frowned, hugging his pillow.

 

“I’m pregnant, not dying.” Key said in a sarcastic voice before sneering. “Well…not yet anyway.”

 

“Don’t say that…” Taemin whispered, glaring at his friend.

 

Key giggled at his mad expression and petted the younger’s blonde hair. “Just go to sleep ok? It’s late.”

 

Taemin smiled to the idea. That’s exactly what he needed. “Ok, good night umma.” He yawned, humming in appreciation when he felt Key adjust the covers for him.

 

“Good night Minnie.” Key whispered, switching the light off and closing the door.

 

Taemin sighed in satisfaction, feeling his body relax against the warm covers.  He was just about to let himself fall asleep when…

 

Ring ding dong

Ring ding dong

Ring diggi ding diggi

 

“OOoohhh hell no!” Taemin cursed, hiding his head under the pillow.

 

Butterfly

Neoreul mannan chut sungan

 

Groaning like a mad man, Taemin palmed his nightstand blindly in the darkness and picked it up. “Minho, this is not funny! I t-”

 

“H-hello?”

 

Oh, this wasn’t Minho. A girl?

Oh no…did a fan get his number? This had happened to Jonhgyun once…

 

“Is this Lee Taemin?”

 

Yup, a fan.

He decided to stay quiet and hang up. he couldn’t talk to fans directly. He wasn’t allowed.

Sighing, he put the cellphone back on the nightstand.

Time to sleep.

 

BBBrrrrrhh…

 

What the…?!

 

Furious and with bloodshot eyes by now, the blonde boy grabbed his cellphone and turned the light on. A message.

 

“Ok, let’s see what’s so important.” Taemin whispered to himself, clicking the button.

 

I’m sorry to disturb you, my name is Cha Minjee and I’m the bestfriend of the actress Shin Sekyung. I need to talk to you urgently, please don’t ignore my call. What I have to say involves Kim Kibum’s well-being.

 

Taemin’s eyes widened.

What?

What was this…?

 


 

Sooooo, my mom decided that writing is bad and confiscated my computer and laptop from me.

Im sneaking to write now, oh the joy.

Keep me happy?

DONATE YOUR COMMENT TO ME!