Dad-in-Law from Hell

Two in a Million

 

Sekyung groaned in confusion as her call was denied.

He hung up? Why was that?

The actress pouted her lips and tried again, putting the phone in her ear. It barely had time to ring and it was denied again.

She raised her eyebrows in surprise. Was he mad at her? Sure, she didn't call him for a while now because of her work…was he angry because she didn't call him that week? Aw, that was so sweet…

Well…she would call him again later…or maybe she should show up at the dorm as a surprise.

Sighing, the actress decided to leave Jonghyun a message.

 

To:JongJong<3

Hey! I’m sorry, I haven’t called you in a while because of a new commercial. I’ll make it up to you ok? What about a coffee tomorrow at seven? Pick me up? ^^

 

Smiling, satisfied with her message, she pressed SEND.

 

 


 

 

Key watched as Jonghyun ignored the actress’s second call. Now with his two sobbing babies in his arms, the blonde boy pursed his lips in irritation. “You could have let me talk. I have so, so much to say…” The rapper eyed the phone with hatred.

 

Shin Sekyung… that name burned on his tongue every time he said it, it was like poison. Taemin told him that Jonghyun had refused to go any further than friends with her…and she still didn't gave up. She made Jonghyun fight with him in the worst moment of his life; she made him believe that the singer hated him; she stole his documents to keep him from the truth… all this because she was…obsessed.

He had so much to say, and yet words didn't seem enough.

 

Jonghyun shook his head, wearing a very serious expression on his face. “You need to rest, you can’t stress.”

 

Key rolled his eyes. That line was becoming old. “I’m not dying you know, I could have handled it. I’m not that frail.” He snapped, adjusting his son’s small blue blanket around him.

 

Jonghyun nodded. “I know. But I’m the one who’s going to deal with her.” He said in a cold voice, making Key look up at him with worry.

 

“Are you sure?” The rapper his lips to wet them a little and eyed the other male, noticing something glowing behind the singer’s eyes. For a second Jonghyun seemed…murderous.

 

Jonghyun’s gaze fell on the floor, staring at nothing at all. “I never thought I could ever hate someone…this feeling is scary. I feel like I could choke her to death if I saw her face right now…” he whispered in an odd, unfamiliar tone of voice that Key didn't recognize. “She made me miss your pregnancy…I wasn’t there because of her..”

 

The blonde was about to say something when a loud ‘beep’ was heard, once again coming from Jonghyun’s phone. Key groaned angrily, hugging his babies close to his chest. “Will you turn that off?! You’re scaring them!”

 

Jonghyun whispered a ‘sorry’ before eyeing the phone again. A message…from her.

He opened the message and read it, his blood slowly start to burn inside his veins. How could she treat him so nicely after all she’s done..? How could she do that knowing what she did?!

 

Key’s eyes widened when he saw Jonghyun’s veins in his arms start to pop out due to the strength he was using on his hand that was holding the phone. That meant only one thing, Sekyung, again. Oh joy.

The blonde closed his eyes and took a deep breath; he couldn’t wait to get out of that bed…he wasn’t sure what he would say or do to her, but it sure would make her cry. He knew what Jonghyun was feeling, he was never aggressive towards anyone but…this was too much. He wanted the girl to suffer; he wanted to see her despair, to see her choke on her own tears…

He saw Jonghyun turn his phone off, placing it on his back pocket.

 

“Aren’t you going to reply that?” Key asked, rubbing his daughter’s back in order to quiet her sobs. He wondered how this felt so normal to him, he thought that it would be a bit awkward when the babies were born but…this was so natural it was almost funny.

 

“She doesn’t deserve my time. I have priorities.” Jonghyun’s frown fell down when he took a look at the babies in the blonde’s arms before raising his gaze a bit.

 

Key shivered when Jonghyun’s eyes met his.

Jonghyun gave him a soft smile, and reached for the rapper’s face, letting his hand the blonde’s cheek slowly.

Startled by the powerful jolt that ran down this body as he felt the other’s warm hand touch his cheek, Key closed his eyes involuntarily in a flinch.

 

The older boy wet his dry lips with the tip of his tongue as he saw Kibum react to his touch. It was exciting to see the younger’s cheeks gain that sweet pink color again, it felt good to know that he still could make the other blush.

 

Key’s eyes opened to stare at the singer and Jonghyun held his breath. He had missed those penetrating, intense, sharp dark eyes looking back at him with that feline gaze…

He didn’t notice that he was slowly leaning to the boy, he didn’t notice his fingertips running down to the rapper’s chin to pull it slightly up, he didn’t notice Key’s eyes closing for a second time, he could only stare at those pink, soft, vulnerable lips, open as they let out short, quick breaths as he approached them…

He missed those lips…did they still taste the same, felt the same..?

Jonghyun closed his eyesintuitively, feeling the other’s unsteady breathing hit his own lips. 

Key...

 

“Can I come in?”  A male voice came from outside of the door, giving it a few knocks.

 

Key’s eyes widened, shoving Jonghyun away, making the other yelp as he fell off the bed, hitting the floor.

Key didn’t even know how he did it without disturbing his little girl that had been resting in that arm, he just held her closer and tried to control his breathing again, feeling his cheeks getting warmer as Doctor Jung came in.

 

The older male was about to talk when his eyes fell on the boy on the floor, making him raise an eyebrow questionably. “Argh…is everything alright?”

 

Key nodded, smiling awkwardly. “Everything’s fine.” He said as Jonghyun stood up quickly, rubbing the back of his neck, his face red in embarrassment.

 

The man shrugged and smiled, walking at the unfamiliar other boy, shaking his hand. “I’m Doctor Jung Dongwook, pleased to meet you; you must be the lucky daddy am I wrong?”

 

The singer blinked stupidly as the other shook his hand. Wasn’t this person Korean..? So why in hell..?

 

The doctor seemed to have read the boy’s thoughts because he grinned and shook his head to himself. “I’m sorry, I spent too much time in America, I keep forgetting to bow now. Don’t mind me.” He laughed.

 

Ah, that’s why.

Jonghyun nodded, giving him a small smile. “I’m Kim Jonghyun.” He said as he did a perfect polite bow.

 

“Well met.” The doctor smiled again and tapped the singer’s back. “Congratulations Mr.Kim. I’m glad to know that everything ended up well for you two, I have to admit that it broke my heart when Kibum showed up to his appointments always by himself. I’m glad he doesn’t have to be alone now.”

 

Jonghyun’s eyes fell to the floor, guilt growing inside his chest. He didn’t need anyone to remember him of that...

 

“How are you feeling Kibum?” The doctor asked, approaching the bed. “You’re a bit red-faced, do you have a fever?”

 

Key blushed again, shaking his head negatively. “No, no..! I’m okay, I just feel…sore and nauseated.” He said honestly.

 

The older man nodded. “It’s a normal reaction, I was told that you took your medication already so you’ll be a bit better in a while don’t worry.”

 

“How long does he have to stay in the hospital Doctor?” Jonghyun asked, sitting by Key’s side again. He had been absent for too long, now he wanted to be part of this as much as he could.

 

“Kibum had a risky surgery so we’ll have to keep an eye on him for a while. Normally, woman stay around two or four days but he’ll spend at least a week in here.” The doctor replied, watching Key gasp in horror.

 

“A week?!” The blonde yelped. A whole week in that bed?! No way!

 

“The recovery won’t be easy, you’ll need to learn how to walk again, it will feel like your organs are loose inside of you, it gives you the feeling that they might fall off, but don’t worry, it’s just a weird feeling that you’ll learn how to deal with.” The doctor told the younger boy.

 

Key paled drastically at those words and closed his eyes, resting his head against the pillow, sighing dramatically. “Oh god I’m gonna puke…”

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened in alarm but the doctor laughed, putting a hand on his shoulder, giving him a sign to relax. “Your mother will help you don’t worry, she’s a wonderful nurse. Samantha has requested to take care of you too, so you’ll be nagged and spoiled enough to feel comfortable.”

 

“Doctor, what can he eat if he gets hungry?” Jonghyun asked with concern.

 

The older male patted his shoulder. “You don’t need to worry about food; he will be fed via IV for now. I’ll see how his body reacts and when he gets better he’ll be allowed to have liquids. But first he’ll need to take small walks. Today he isn’t allowed to get up, Mr.Lee tried to do that and ended up in a lot of pain which I believe Kibum wouldn’t like to have.” He chuckled when he saw the younger nod furiously.

 

Jonghyun blinked in confusion. “Mr.Lee? Who is that?”

 

Key tried to get a better position in bed, moving slowly to don’t wake up the newborns. “Mr.Lee is a man who also got pregnant;he had a test tube baby by implantation.” He explained.

 

Jonghyun looked at him astonished. “There are more men getting pregnant?”

 

Key rolled his eyes and Doctor Jung laughed, patting the singer’s shoulder again. “No Mr.Kim. Mr.Lee was a volunteer, the scientists needed a body to test their theories and Mr.Lee wanted a baby, it was a fair deal. We don’t operate random people and sell male implantations in the hospitals; this was an experiment which luckily went well.” The man explained with a smile.

 

Key frowned. “I never saw Mr.Lee again, how is he?”

 

The doctor nodded. “Oh I didn't want you to see his recovery, it would scare you and your pregnancy was too risky to have you nervous. But I can say that he and the baby are at home with their family.” He smiled kindly, making Key smile too. He was happy for the man; he was always so excited about his pregnancy every time they met in the hospital corridors.

 

“Oh my god…” Key heard Jonghyun gasp and looked at him.

 

Jonghyun had his eyes wide open, hands on his mouth, covering it in shock. Key blinked in confusion. “What?”

 

“My family…!” Jonghyun murmured in a panicked voice, his eyes meeting Key’s. “They don’t know about anything..!”

 

Key opened his mouth and closed it again, gaping. Well, of course, Jonghyun got the news himself quite recently so it was obvious that his family didn't know about anything as well.

Oh this was going to be fun. Key smirked, feeling a bit evil. “Oh, your dad will love the news I’m sure.”He said in a sarcastic tone.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes doubled their already big size. “Oh my god…my dad!” He shrieked in a high, pinched voice.

 

Doctor Jung was looking at the pair in amusement when a knock on the door was heard, making the occupants of the room look at it. “Kibum love, can I come in?” Key’s mother’s head peeked inside.

 

Key nodded and the woman came in, smiling widely at her sleeping grandchildren resting in her son’s arms. “How are my little balls of fluff?” She whispered, squealing.

 

“Mom, please don’t.”Key groaned, wanting to slap his hand against his own forehead in embarrassment.

 

“I’ll be going now.” Doctor Jung smiled at the woman who nodded, bowing slightly.

 

“Hello hyung.” A deep, well-known voice came from the door.

 

Key grinned in happiness as he saw a familiar frog faced, over-grown boy walk in followed by the blonde maknae. “Minho!”

 

Taemin ran to Key’s other side of the bed and sat on it carefully. “Umma! Are you better now?”

 

“Shhh! Don’t be so loud. You’ll wake them..!” Key snapped in irritation, making the blonde slap a hand against his mouth, murmuring a ‘sorry’.

 

The baby boy stirred in his sleep and yawned, moving his arms up cutely, making everyone melt at the sight.

Jonghyun’s smile couldn’t be any bigger as he saw the baby boy stretch sleepily and he felt Minho approach him, wrapping an arm around his neck.

The taller boy grinned at him, giving him a playful punch on the chest. “Congratulations you lucky bastard.”

 

Key smiled as he saw the lead singer grin ecstatically, his eyes shining with pride. It felt good to look at that idiotic, happy smile of his; it really gave him a feeling of warmth in his heart. Jonghyun was a proud, drooling dad, which was all he wanted.And now he was surrounded by friends and family…what else could he ask for?

 

“Omo..! I have the cutest brothers!  Minho look!” Taemin squealed when the baby girl turned to on Key’s arm, making him chuckle.

 

Minho nodded, smiling widely at the diva. “I’m really happy for you Kibum, you deserve this. They’re beautiful.”

 

Key gave everyone a bright smile, Jonghyun’s heart jumping at the sight. He would never let go of Kibum again, never. He loved this boy so much…and now he had two beautiful, perfectly healthy babies with him..! He felt so lucky; it was the biggest gift he could ever receive from life. He even forgot about his family back at Korea, he could only think of the three stunning human beings in that bed.

He needed to make Kibum understand that he still loved him, that he never forgot him; he wanted him back so bad…

 The almost kiss just a while ago hadn’t been intentional but if he had succeeded to do it Kibum would know that he wanted them to be together again.

Damn, he didn't even showed otherwise; he would make everything to make the diva want him back.

 

“Kibum.” A deep, low voice came from the door, making Jonghyun jump slightly, Minho chuckling by his side.

 

Key smiled. “Dad, come in.”

 

“Come here yeobo.” Key’s mom grinned, opening her arm in his direction.

 

The older man passed by Jonghyun, ignoring him completely and smiled warmly at the boy in the bed. “How are you feeling son?”

 

Key sighed. He was getting tired of that question already. “Sore, but I’m better now that I have all of you here.” He smiled again, amused by how his father dropped his usual cold mask when he saw the babies. “Come closer. It doesn’t look like it but they’re actually sleeping. They move a lot in their sleep.”

 

Jonghyun bit his lip to prevent a loud chuckle. His kids took after him on that, Key used to complain that he kept throwing his arms around when he slept, that he needed to be exorcised because there was a demon inside of him every time he fell asleep.

Key should have been thinking the same thing because he threw him a nasty look which Jonghyun replied with a smile.

 

Key turned his attention to his dad again. Truth was, his dad wasn’t a bad person, he was very kind and caring actually, he just never showed it outside of the house. He had a reputation to keep, he kept saying.

Being a business man he had to keep a formal attitude so he could get easily respected, but Key knew the true man under that scary man’s mask. And under that mask was an idiot.

The rapper fought a chuckle when he saw his dad’s eyes shine as he approached the bed, touching his little girl’s head; he was containing himself from crying, he could tell.

 

“Have you decided their names?” His dad asked, a smile escaping him when one of the twins started to on his fingertip.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes fell on the ex-rapper immediately, alarmed. Names…

Oh my god, names! He forgot about that! How could he even forget that?! Stupid, stupid, stupid..!

 

Key nodded and gave the lead singer an uncertain look. “I did but…I don’t know if Jonghyun is ok with them.”

 

Jonghyun gaped at him. “Oh, you chose the names already..?”

 

Key shook his head. “It’s nothing official yet, but now that you’re here…you have the right decide it as well. They’re your kids too.” He felt himself blush and looked down, embarrassed. Why was he even embarrassed? He didn't know and he didn't care, he could always blame it on hormones.

 

Jonghyun walked closer, almost bumping against Key’s dad who groaned but still let him pass. “What did you had in mind?” he asked nervously.

 

He could feel Key’s dad’s glare on his back and it was actually pissing him off. What? Couldn’t he even sit next to Kibum now?! He was the babies’ father damn it, the old man better get used to his presence!

 

“Mikum and Jae-sun.” Key replied in a small voice, making Taemin nod by his side.

 

Jonghyun gaped at him. “That was the name that your grandmother wanted to give you wasn’t it?”

 

“You remember that?” Key raised his eyebrows in surprise. They were just trainees when he told him that, how could he remember it?

 

“Of course.”The lead singer answered with conviction, feeling everyone’s eyes on him. He stared at the sleeping babies for a while and smiled. He knew how important that name was for Key and it didn't sound that bad, it was actually cute. He could call her Mikummie or even Miku for short… “Kim Mikum… I like it. I really like it.” He decided.

 

Key’s eyes sparkled. He would feel miserable if he wasn’t allowed to name her that, it was somewhat a tribute to his grandmother. “What about him?”

 

“I…never thought that I’d be a father so I never thought about names really…” Jonghyun confessed a bit ashamed. “But I like them both. It sounds cool.”

 

Key’s dad rolled his eyes. “Pff…look how careless he is.” He groaned.

 

“Yeobo…!” The nurse pulled the man’s arm as a warning.

 

Jonghyun made his best to ignore the comment. He wondered if he would ever get along with that man…why so much hate anyway? What have he done wrong?

 

“Are you ok with it then?” Key asked, catching his attention again.

 

Jonghyun smiled, nodding. “I am. Kim Jae-sun and Kim Mikum…it suits them.” 

 

Key’s mother clapped, grinning. “Great! It’s settled then! Jonghyun you need to go register them.”

 

The lead singer frowned. “Here? As Americans?”

 

Key’s dad crossed his arms against his chest. “I hate to say this but I actually agree with him. I want my grandchildren to be Korean, not American.”

 

Key nodded. It wasn’t like he was going to spend too much time in America…he was only there because of the hospital.

 

“We can change that later, but we can’t just go back to Korea without documents, they need a birth certification.” The nurse explained.

 

“I’m going with you hyung.” Minho volunteered, placing a hand on the other’s shoulder.

 

Key’s dad frowned, sighing. “I’ll go too, I’m better at English than any of you is.”

 

Jonghyun bit his lip. He was glad to have someone who could talk English fluently to help him out since he at it but…did it have to be that person?! Oh well, at least Minho was coming along to make his trip less miserable…

 

“Off you go then! I’ll take care of them with Taemin here.” The nurse smiled playfully, wrapping an arm around the maknae’s neck.

 

Key smiled faintly. One day he thought that Jonghyun didn't want his babies and hours later he was having daddy’s responsibilities. He couldn’t help but feel a bit proud; the singer was handling everything surprisingly well, acting like a real adult. Life was surprising indeed.

 

“C’mon hyung, let’s go.” Minho pulled his friend, following Key’s dad who was already by the door.

 

“Wait, wait!” Jonghyun freed himself from the rapper’s grasp and walked to Key’s side.

 

The blonde blinked in confusion, his heart pounding in a new rhythm as the lead singer stood next to him. Jonghyun leaned down, placing a small kiss on each baby’s forehead. “Appa won’t be long..” He whispered in a caring tone.

 

Key felt himself shiver at the words. It felt so good to hear that that he was almost afraid to be dreaming...

Jonghyun then looked at Key, who looked back at him in curiosity, and placed a kiss on the boy’s forehead as well, surprising him. Taemin giggled at Key’s shocked expression and turned around, covering his mouth with his hand.

The rapper felt his cheeks burn furiously at the sudden display of affection, his eyes wide looking back at the affectionate smile of the puppy eyed singer. “Try to rest, ok?”

 

Key blushed harder, fighting the smile that wanted to emerge on his lips so badly.“B-babo! Just go!”

 

Jonghyun nodded, happiness bursting inside him at the sight of Key’s colored cheeks. He walked to the door and before he could get out Key’s father smacked his head. “You punk…! Who gave you permission to touch my son like that?!”

 

Minho laughed and closed the door after them.

Key tried to calm down his pounding heart, feeling his forehead burn where Jonghyun had kissed him. Why did he react like that? How did a simple innocent kiss affect him so much..?

 

“Soooo…I saw your smile.” His mother , poking her elbow on his shoulder.

 

Key groaned in irritation. “Mom, no.” He warned her.

 

Taemin grinned. “I saw it too, did you two make up?”

 

Key glanced at the maknae who was eyeing him with a hopeful sparkle in his eyes and nodded. “We’re…okay. He said that we were…his family.” He couldn’t help but smile at that.

 

“Omo! Kibum that’s amazing!” His mother shrieked, hugging his neck. Taemin grinned.

 

“I guess… ” The rapper whispered, petting his daughter’s small dark hair, smiling softly.

 

“Ah…young love…” Taemin sighed in a purposely deep voice, making the nurse laugh hysterically.

 

Key blushed. “Yah! I’m older than you! Who do you think you are?!”

 

 


 

 

“New York is such a big city…” Minho stated the obvious as he looked outside of the taxi’s window. They’re on their way to New York’s Register Office and there was an uncomfortable silence inside the car that Minho just couldn’t stand anymore.

 

Jonghyun nodded in agreement but he wasn’t really paying attention to his surroundings. He was nervous, hell, he was freaking scared. What would happen now? He needed to tell his parents that they had grandchildren…oh god, his dad was never ok with his relationship with Kibum, now he needed to tell him that he actually had kids with him! Could his dad take the news without having a heart attack? Probably not.

 

“I need to call my assistant so she can buy cribs for me. Good thing I left her a copy of my house’s key, she can prepare everything for Kibum’s arrival.” Key’s dad said by his side, pulling out his phone from his pocket.

 

Jonghyun froze and exchanged looks with Minho. He turned to the man, trying his best to stay calm. “I’m sorry sir, but what do you mean by ‘your house’?”

 

The man gave him an indifferent stare. “You didn't expect him to raise the children in that small dormitory of yours, did you? My grandchildren will not stay alone with four kids who haven’t even grown facial hair; god only knows what you do in there..! They need a respectable house that they can call home.” He groaned, hitting a bunch of numbers in his phone before putting it on his ear.

 

Adrenaline rushed through the singer’s body as the man started talking on the phone with his assistant. He wanted to take Key and his babies to Daegu…

No.

He wouldn’t see them frequently.

No.

He wouldn’t be able to raise them, to hear their first word, to see them take their first step..

No.

 

“No!” He yelled, taking the business man’s phone from him, pressing the red button to end the call.

 

Minho’s eyes were huge, watching him with his mouth open. He was in trouble right now, he knew it, but he would never let those things happen. No way! He just couldn’t. He would never forgive himself if that happen!

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” Key’s dad glared at him, speaking in a low, deep, impatient voice.

 

Jonghyun faced the man at his left and for the first time he didn't felt scared of him. He went too far now, he was pissing him off! “My kids won’t live with you.”

 

“Oh? And where are they supposed to live? On the streets?” Key’s dad sneered at him in a fake amusement.

 

He felt his blood boil inside his veins. He was an idol, he had money, how could the man think that he couldn’t support his own kids?!

 

“They will live with me; I’m the father, I’ll raise them. I missed Kibum’s pregnancy already; I won’t miss my children’s growth as well.” Jonghyun said in a firm, determined voice. “I’ll give them everything they need.”

 

“I don’t think you’re getting it boy.” The older man spoke slowly, staring at him with calm, yet angry eyes. “Can you provide them shelter in a week? A decent house to live in? And that dorm is out of question. Now, can you?”

 

Minho was staring at the singer anxiously, Key’s dad was very strict but he knew he was right; they couldn’t live in the dorm…they needed a better place…

 

Jonghyun took a deep breath, knowing that he was getting himself in a lot of troubles. He was being imprudent and rushed, everything that Key hated but… “I can.”

 

The rapper stared at him in astonishment. Was he mad? He didn’t have the time to buy a house that quick! People took months to choose their house! Let alone buy furniture for it!

 

“We’ll see.”The man nodded before pointing him a warning finger. “You have one week boy.”

 

The taxi stopped and Minho suddenly felt much more relieved, he needed to get out of that car, the tension in there was horrifying. “W-were here.”

 

“How much is it?” Key’s dad said in English to the driver, opening his expensive looking wallet.

 

Jonghyun and Minho got out of the car and the younger stuck to the other’s side, eyeing the singer in concern. That man was no joke, he was getting scared of him himself and he wasn’t even related to him in any way. He felt sorry for his friend. “Hyung are you ok?”

 

“I’m fine...” Jonghyun nodded, his hand searching for his cellphone inside his pocket. He pressed a few numbers before putting it on his ear. He didn’t have to wait much, after two rings someone picked up. “Jinki, where are you right now?”

 

“Oh, Jonghyun! I’m sorry, there was a thunder and my plane was late for two hours and half, I’m still at the airport waiting.” The leader whimpered from the other line. He sounded dead tired.

 

“Go home.” Jonghyun said, making Minho frown in confusion by his side. He saw Key’s dad close the taxi’s door and sign them to follow him inside of a building.

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t come to America, cancel your ticket.” The lead singer nodded to himself. He really hoped that he was doing the right thing…deciding all of this without Key’s permission was too risky but it was worth the try. He would never allow his children to go to Daegu. He needed to be quick…

 

“What?! What happened?” Onew freaked out.

 

This was too spontaneous and he could feel himself freaking out but he wouldn’t let that man win this. “Calm down, I need your help; I’ll be catching tonight’s flight back to Korea. Minho’s coming with me. I’ll explain later, I have to go now, bye hyung.”

 

“Wait, Jonghyun! What the he-”

 

Jonghyun hung up and stared at his shoes in horror.

Key was going to kill him when he found out about all of this…

This was not the reality he wanted.