Appa Issues

Two in a Million

It hadn’t been easy to convince Jonghyun to go to the hotel to shower and eat something before going to the hospital again, but the fact was that the babies were being carefully monitored, being cleaned, fed and taking a few tests to be sure that everything was alright with them, and Key had to take the maximum rest until then.

Minho had to practically carry and shove Jonghyun inside the taxi and Taemin kept saying that the babies would faint from his smell if he carried them with that sweaty shirt. That did it.

Key’s mother never left the hospital and kept doing her job as Key’s personal nurse, which made the lead singer much more comfortable.

It had been two hours after Key’s surgery and Jonghyun was back at the hospital, now more excited than ever. This was it; he was finally going to meet his little ones.

 

Taemin had to grab the singer’s arm before the other began to run once more, they didn’t want to be stopped by the security again.

Key had been taken to a post-op recovery private room and Samantha was currently showing them the way there. “He’ll a lot because of the pain so you better stay quiet in there.” The nurse chuckled, making Taemin snort. “He woke up a while ago but he was so dizzy that we only had time to give him the medicaments before he fell asleep again.”

 

Minho grinned; wrapping an arm around Jonghyun’s shoulder’s shaking him slightly. “Are you nervous hyung?”

 

“I’m trembling.” Jonghyun confessed, taking a deep breath, following the big nurse though the white halls.

 

Samantha turned in another corridor and stopped, pointing at the end of the hallway. “It’s the room 452. You can’t miss it, its right at the end and you can see your daddy-in-law by the door.”

 

Jonghyun froze as his eyes fell on a serious looking man who had his arms crossed, sited in a small bench at the end of the hallway.

Minho and Taemin started to laugh and slapped their hands against their mouths to hide their amusement.

The shorter boy gulped loudly, remembering what happened just a while ago…

 

Flashback

 

“Your babies?” Key’s dad asked again, raising his eyebrow just the way that Key used to do. Jonghyun felt a shiver run all over his back. The man was giving him a death glare, making him look even scarier.

 

“He’s Kibum’s boyfriend.” Ji-yeon, Key’s mom told her husband. “The one that Kibum was keeping a secret.”

 

Jonghyun nodded, his eyes avoiding the man’s gaze. “I-I was his boyfriend, yes.” Why…why did his voice came out as a scared shriek?!

 

“’Was’? What is that supposed to mean?” Mr.Kim ‘s voice got deeper. The man let out an angry groan and started walking towards the singer slowly, his finger pointed at him. “You impregnate my son and you break up with him?!”

 

Taemin and Minho looked at each other, not sure if they should be amused or scared for their friend.

Jonghyun’s eyes widened and he felt the urge to sink on the floor. “No, no, no! I didn’t know he was pregnant sir!” He waved his arms in a defensive way.

 

“How did you not know?! Didn’t you care?” The man glared at him, his lips pursed into a fine, furious line. Jonghyun’s eyes widened even more, Key’s father was tall…very tall… his shadow was practically all over him as he kept approaching him. “If you ran away after knowing Kibum was pregnant…”

 

Jonghyun felt his knees go weak. In his mind, little Jonghyuns were running all over his brain, screaming and crying for mercy. “Sir, please sir, that’s not it! You’re getting it all wrong! It’s a long story, I didn’t know where Kibum was and I never got to know he was pregnant!” The singer gave a few steps backwards, his back hitting the wall. “I just found out! I swear! I’m still shocked…!”

 

Key’s mother pouted her lips, a tic that Key had probably got from her.

Taemin took a step forward and touched the man’s arm to get his attention. “It’s true Mr. Kim. Key hyung never told anyone he was pregnant. I found out by myself.”

 

Key’s father gave Jonghyun a suspicious look and looked at Taemin again, For everyone’s surprise, the man smiled and patted the youngest head. “If you say so…I believe it.”

 

Jonghyun’s mouth dropped to the floor. This was witchcraft!!! How come he had been crying out his innocence and he never believed him?! Taemin just had to say a few words and he petted his hair?!

Was this man like Key? Did he fell for anything that was cute?! This wasn’t fair!

 

“It’s indeed a long story, so please; allow me to explain it to you.” Taemin gave the older man a small smile.

 

 

Flashback End

 

 

Jonghyun frowned. Why was he so scared of that man anyways? He was just…always mad looking, tall as , had a horrible personality…and he hated him. Anyone could tell that the man hated Jonghyun with a burning passion. Ok, so maybe he had a reason to be afraid…

The singer took a deep breath, walking in the man’s direction, his friends close behind. One day…he would make this man smile for him like he did to Taemin. He had to! But right now Key’s dad wasn’t important.

The most important thing right now…were the three lives inside that room.

 

Walking to the door, Jonghyun stopped in front of the man sited in the bench and bowed in a silent greeting. The older man threw him a glare before nodding. “Go in. My wife is inside.”

 

Gulping, Jonghyun tried to control his breathing but failing completely. He stared at the door for what seemed hours and noticed that his hand was trembling when he reached the door knob.

 

“Go on hyung. Go see them.” Taemin grinned, giving the older boy a small push.

 

Jonghyun nodded and opened the door slowly, his heartbeat pounding loudly in his ears. The first thing he saw was Key’s head resting in a huge pillow. He had his lips slightly open, his blonde hair was all messy in the pillow and he looked deadly pale but still…so beautiful…

He was sleeping and there was an IV coming from his wrist. The rapper looked so frail…so weak… Jonghyun wanted to run to him and protect him from everybody else, lock him in his arms and never let him go again.

 

“Jonghyun.“  His name was whispered by a female voice.

 

The singer turned his head to his left and felt his heart make a few loops inside his chest.

There were two small cribs next to the wall, Key’s mother smiling warmly at him.

 

He felt like he was going to faint. He was surprised that he hadn’t fainted before actually.

He felt scared to approach those cribs. He felt scared to be a dad. The idea was still fresh and he didn’t felt ready at all but…

 

The muscular boy took a few baby steps in the cribs’ direction and stopped in front of them, feeling his palms sweat like crazy, his heart almost jumping out of his mouth. He felt really dizzy, he felt like this was a dream. How did he get to be a father this fast? How did it happen? Was he really dreaming and when he woke up he would find that Key was still missing and that there were no kids?

 

“They’re beautiful aren’t they?” Key’s mother whispered, her eyes swimming in adoration.

 

Jonghyun let his eyes fall slowly on the two little babies inside the cribs.

The first second his eyes met the pink skin of a tiny hand coming out from a blue sheet he felt tears blur his vision. He couldn’t take it anymore. He started to sob, his lower lip quivering uncontrollably. He put his hand on his mouth, trying to don’t make any noise with his crying.

 

Key’s mother smiled at his reaction, her own tears dropping from her eyes. “Are you going to cry all day or are you going to hold them?”

 

Jonghyun chocked a laugh between sobs. “C-can I?”

 

“They’re your babies.” She smiled, standing up. “I’m going to leave you alone.”

 

Jonghyun nodded and wiped his eyes with the back of his hand, listening to the door closing behind him. He took another look at the babies inside the cribs.

Their eyes were opened, dark orbs blinking at him in curiosity, their little hands moving a bit, fingers grabbing the sheets. The two of them had dark hair already, sprouting from their small heads, sticking in random directions.

The baby in the pink sheets made a small sound and Jonghyun lost it again, his eyes refusing to stop watering.

These beautiful babies…were his. It was real; he had them with Key…

 

“A-appa is here.” He whispered, his hand reaching inside one of the cribs, his fingertips carefully brushing the cheek of the little girl who seemed interested in the new person in front of her.

 

She made another sound, closing her eyes, moving her little arms to her head.

Jonghyun felt his heart melt to a pool of goo. He knew he was grinning like an idiot but he couldn’t help it. His eyes kept jumping to a crib to another; he really didn’t know what to do so he kept smiling at them. He wanted to hold them yes, but he was so scared…they were so little! What if he hurt them? What if they start crying? No, no, no, his heart wasn’t ready for that.

He sobbed, letting out a happy chuckle when the baby boy decided to on his fingertip.

They were so perfect…so cute and… he didn’t had the words to describe what he was feeling.

These kids were going to be the death of him, his mouth hurt already from grinning so much. He was a dad…a dad of twins…!

 

 


 

The first thing Key remembered when his mind started to work again was his name.

Did he dream it? Why did he dream of Jonghyun shouting his name right after he fell asleep?

Where was he? Was he still pregnant? Was he dead? Were his kids okay? Were they alive? Were they dead? Why was he feeling so much pain..? If he was feeling pain…then was he alive?

 

“A-appa is here.”

 

Key frowned in his sleep. Why did he keep dreaming of Jonghyun…?! What kind of sick torture was this?

However…the voice seemed so real…

But it wasn’t real, it couldn’t be. He didn’t want them.

 

What was that sound? Someone was crying and sobbing. Maybe he was really dead…

Wait, if he was dead how could he hear anything at all?

Key decided to stir his eyes a bit. His body felt alive, it still reacted to his commands. So he was alive. Then…were his babies dead?! Someone was crying because…they were dead?!

 

In a jolt, Key opened his eyes to meet white. At first he wondered if he was in heaven but the shadows that came from the window next to him gave it away, it was just the ceiling of a room.

 

Gosh…where did he hear that crying before? He was sure that it sounded familiar.

Squeezing his eyes shut and opening them again, Key slowly looked around. A room indeed, a hospital room. Oh god…there was a needle in his vein. Gross.

He tried to sit up but he couldn’t move a millimeter. The pain was too much..! Oh …what was this?! Did they cut him and left the wound open?!

He felt sick, he felt like he needed to throw up.

His mother…where was she? He needed to know if the babies were okay…!

 

“M-moom..” God, his voice sounded like he hadn’t spoke for ages… his mouth felt so dry too…

 

“Key…?”

 

This voice…

No, it couldn’t be, he was imagining it. His mind was playing tricks on him too. Cruel, evil tricks.

 

“Kibummie…are you alright..?”

 

It sounded real. Why did it sound real? Why did it sound like…he was there? There was no way he was in there, he didn’t want them, he didn’t know where he was…he didn’t care..

 

“Kibum…talk to me, please…”

 

No…no…

It couldn’t be…

NO!

 

Key’s eyes opened once more, his agitated breathing hurting him inside. It felt hard to breathe…!

His eyes met a pair of familiar puppy like ones. Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun.

It wasn’t a dream. He was there. He was standing by the side of two cribs….

 

“Away…” Key breathed with difficulty.

 

Jonghyun approached him carefully, eyes full of worry. “Are you in pain? I’ll call your mother..!”

 

“Get away from my kids…” Key whispered, feeling too weak to shout but strong to hate. He was there to take them away…! He was sure of it..! Why did he want them now?!

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened. “Key, please, calm down, I’m not going to-”

 

“GET AWAY FROM MY KIDS!” Key screamed, making him gasp for air. It hurt so much…! “Don’t take them..! Don’t’..please…!”

 

Jonghyun stared in shock as Key started to cry, breathing loudly as if he was choking.

A wave of panic ran through his body and he ran to the door to call for help but the door was already opened, Key’s mother rushing to her son’s side immediately.

 

“Get out!” She shouted, moving her hands to her son’s face, trying to calm him down. “SAMANTHA HURRY!”

 

Key’s father entered the room and the big busted black woman came in right after, running to the other nurse. “He ran out of painkillers already? I got another shot ready for him. Kibum, give me your arm.”

 

Key wasn’t listening, he kept shuddering, his eyes glaring at Jonghyun in a burning hate. “Out…Get out…! F-f-rom my kids…! Get away from..my-”

 

“Kibum give me your arm!” Samantha tried to grab the boy’s arm with difficulty as he continued to move stubbornly.

 

The babies were crying now. Jonghyun didn’t know what to do, if he should leave or calm down the babies. He was so scared. He didn’t like the sound of his babies crying..! He didn’t like the look in Key’s eyes either! His body felt like it was stuck to the floor. He hated him..he really hated him..

 

“Jonghyun get out!” Key’s mom shouted again.

 

Suddenly, a strong hand grabbed him by the arm and pulled him to the door.

He saw Key being sedated again, his body slowly calming down.

 

“She told you to leave! Are you deaf?!” Key’s dad snapped, pulling him out.

 

Jonghyun didn’t reply.

Key hated him…

Why did this have to happen…? It wasn’t his fault..!

 

“Oh god, why are the babies crying? I can hear them from here.” An unfamiliar voice spoke in the hallway.

 

Jonghyun, who had just sited in the bench that Key’s dad had been previously sited on, looked up to see Taemin walking with Minho and an old lady, carrying a handful of bags.

Minho raised his eyebrows in worry. “What happened? What’s going on in there?”

 

“Kibum woke up.” The older man replied with a sigh. “He wasn’t happy to see this in the room.”

 

Minho and Taemin looked down at Jonghyun who wiped his eyes again.

 

“He’s the one that looks like Mikey.” The old woman pointed a finger at him, making Taemin slap his hand against his mouth to prevent a chuckle.

 

 “Go in, I’ll stay with Jonghyun.” Minho told Taemin, sitting down beside the broken looking older boy.

 

 


 

 

Taemin and Sally opened the room’s door to find Key trying to control his breathing with Samantha’s help and Key’s mother leaned on the cribs, trying to lull the babies back to sleep.

So Key found Jonghyun in the room and freaked out…he needed to know the truth as soon as possible.

 

“Oh dear, what happened? You just had your kids, don’t cry.” Sally gasped, putting the bags on the floor, rushing to Key’s side.

 

Ji-yeon raised her eyebrow at the old woman and pulled Taemin by the arm, whispering in his ear. “Who is this?”

 

Taemin smiled. “Oh, that’s our landlady. She’s been sort of a grandmother for him. She brought Key some of his things since he’s going to stay here for a few days. ”

 

“Humm…okay. That’s good, I was forgetting about that.” The nurse sighed, leaning on the cribs again. “Look here. Come meet my grandchildren.”

 

Taemin grinned, peeking above the woman’s shoulder. The babies were slowly quieting down again, sobbing silently. “Omo…! So cute..!” He gasped, putting his hands on his mouth, eyes shining in delight.

 

Ji-yeon smiled proudly. “Aren’t they the cutest babies you ever saw?”

 

Taemin smiled, squealing. He wanted to grab those rosy little cheeks so much! He was a er for kids! “Ah, look at Mikum…such big eyelashes..!”

 

The nurse blinked in confusion, looking at the young singer. “Mikum?” She repeated.

 

Taemin nodded, his eyes never leaving the babies who kept looking at him with their little mouths open. “Oh…Key hyung named them already. He didn’t tell you?”

 

The nurse was about to answer when she heard her son calling her. “Mom…!”

 

“Yes dear?” The nurse walked to the bed, sitting on its edge carefully to don’t touch the IV. Samantha gave her a sign with her thumbs meaning that everything was under control and made her way out of the room.

 

“What is he doing here?” Key whispered with his eyes closed, concentrating on breathing like Samantha had told him to.

 

Taemin looked at the nurse and she made a sound with her tongue, massaging her son’s hand. “Kibum…he’s the father of your children.”

 

Key opened his eyes, glaring. “He’s not. They don’t have a father. Send him back to Korea. He’s not wanted.”

 

Sally frowned and walked to Taemin’s side, whispering. “What are they saying? I’m not exactly fluent in Chinese.”

 

Taemin let out a surprised laugh. “It’s korean! He says that Jonghyun isn’t the father of the kids.”

 

The old woman raised her eyebrows in surprise and sat on the other side of the bed next to the upset boy. “Don’t be stupid, you didn’t do the kids by yourself!”

 

Key shook his head. “You don’t understand…he- he said that-”

 

Ji-yeon sighed. They had to tell him that Jonghyun was actually innocent. She saw how hurt the other boy was for having to leave the room like that. “Kibum…a lot of things happened. You need to listen to what-”

 

The blonde boy put his hands on his ears, closing his eyes. “No! I don’t want him here! I don’t want to listen to anything! Just send him away!”

 

“Key! Please, this is really important!” Taemin looked at his hysterical friend with worry.

 

“He said horrible things! He called my babies things!” Key continued to ramble, not listening to anyone. “He’s going to take them away, I know he will..!”

 

His mother sighed in desperation. “Kibum, please, just-”

 

Sally raised her eyebrow at the boy.

A panic attack. He was having a panic attack.

Oh but that was easy to solve…

 

The blonde rapper shook his head, ignoring everyone. “He’ll never touch my kids! They’re mine and mine only, he’ll-”

 

SLAP

 

The room fell into a deadly silence, everyone looking in shock as Sally hit Key’s cheek.

The blonde boy blinked in shock at her, his hand rising to touch his face.

The nurse gasped, her eyes wide open as she kept gaping at the old woman. “Did you just- Did you just slap my son?!”

 

Sally crossed her arms. “This is the American way to say ‘calm down’. And as you can see, it worked.”

 

Ji-yeon kept open in shock. The old lady was mental! But she did have a point…Kibum stopped shouting.

 

The ex-idol lowered his eyes in shame as Sally gave him a disappointed look.

He didn’t know what he was doing really. He just woke up to find that person in the room looking at his newborns…he was so afraid…

He knew that shouting wouldn’t do him any good and he really didn’t know why he did it, it wasn’t something that he usually did. He was normally good at controlling his emotions but…

 

“Key hyung; please I found out something that will change everything. It’s really important.” Taemin sat next to his mother. “Will you listen?”

 

A small cry came from one of the cribs and his eyes widened, his heart bumping faster inside his chest. “My babies…please…” He begged.

 

His mother smiled, standing up.

Key watched as she leaned over a crib and picked up a little baby dressed in pink.

Key’s eyes watered as his little baby girl was carefully put in his arms. “Oh god…”

 

Taemin smiled at his friend who calmed down instantly.

Key grinned as he moved the sheets from his daughter’s face, looking at her for the first time.

“She…She’s beautiful.” He gagged, a tear escaping his eye. “My Mikum..”

 

“She was the first one to come out. She’s older by three minutes. ” His mother told him, another baby in her arms already.

 

Key opened his other arm immediately, ready to support both of them in his arms. It felt so natural…he felt like he was born to do this, they fitted so well in his arms…!

Taemin chuckled at the delighted expression of the rapper. His eyes were shining like diamonds. He hadn’t seen him this happy for a long time.

Key sobbed happily, pressing a kiss on each babies’ foreheads. “My babies…”

 

Sally smiled. “The girl has your lips.”

 

Key let out a happy laugh. She did have his lips! Omo…they were both so cute…so perfect.

He couldn’t believe this…

He had never expected to actually survive to live this moment.

Both of his children, lied in his arms, looking at him with little dark eyes, their tiny arms grabbing his clothes.

His twins…his baby twins…

 

Kim Kibum felt alive again.

 


GUESS WHO:

 

For some reason I wasnt inspired when I wrote this. Sorry guys -_-'

I'll do better next time I promise ToT