Facing the one you love

Two in a Million

The first word that came from his lips was… “What..?”

 

The babies in his arms cut the uncomfortable silence in the room by slowly start crying and Ji-yeon looked at the watch in her wrist, sighing. “It’s time to feed them again. I’ll take care of that. ”

 

Key’s mom took one of the crying newborns from Key’s arms and walked to the crib.The rapper’s eyes were wide in shock. He felt…paralyzed. He felt like someone had thrown a bucket of icy water on him.

Sally gave the rapper a small smile before taking the other baby in her arms, most likely going to help the nurse.

 

Key blinked, his eyes staring at the white sheets on his lap. “It…it was Sekyung…? It was…always her..? All this time?” His voice felt weak, it didn't sound like him at all.

 

Taemin nodded, making a face. “She’s…mad. Minjee said that she changed, that she’s becoming dangerous. I think she lost it.”

 

The older male shook his head slightly, the information still settling in his head. Everything made sense now. “She was the one who took me to that alley…I believed her.”

 

Taemin nodded, biting his lip. He took the other male’s hand and rubbed his thumb on it. He felt sorry for his friend, so many things happened to him, he didn't deserve any of this. “She’s sorry. Hyung, if it wasn’t for her, we would never find out what really happened.”

 

Key pulled his hands out of the maknae’s reach, his eyebrows frowning angrily. He felt disgusted, livid, lost. “If it wasn’t for her none of this would have happened either!”

 

The babies had stopped crying and the rapper peeked from above Taemin’s shoulder, watching his mom, Sally and Samantha, who had entered the room without him noticing, the three of them crowded in a circle, babies in their arms and baby bottles in their hands.

 

Taemin sighed, looking down. “I know… and she knows she did the wrong thing. But she’s trying to fix her mistakes…”

 

“This can’t be fixed! She…both of them ruined my life!” Key tried to keep his voice down. He didn't want to disturb his children…even if he was exploding inside. Oh god…this was madness. Everything had been a lie! He could have been happy all these months if he didn't had believed in that phone call..! But how could he know..? “He didn’t know… Jonghyun didn’t knew anything at all..and I thought…”

 

“It was really a shock to find out that you’re going to be a father in a matter of minutes when you didn’t even know that your partner is pregnant. He freaked out.” The younger singer smiled, remembering how Jonghyun screamed like a maniac just a few hours ago.

 

“I’m freaking out too…” Key whispered, millions of emotions running through him, confusing him. And he thought that things would become much easier after the twins were born…! Now he had a psychopath to deal with as well! “How could she…? How can someone do something like this?!”

 

“She needs mental help.” The maknae said seriously.

 

“She needs to go to jail! What she did was a crime!” Key snapped and yelped when he forced his body a bit too much on the bed, a sudden pain on his belly making him gasp.

 

Taemin noticed Key’s pain and stood up immediately, readjusting his pillows so his friend could be in a better position. “Hyung…don’t think about that person right now, you’ll only hurt yourself. We’ll deal with her later, I promise. Think about your children right now, I read that babies feel the mother’s stress. You need to be happy.”

 

Key wanted to snort. When did his baby become such an adult?

But he knew that the blonde singer was right. Even if he wanted to get up, grab a gun and go hunt for a dark haired he just couldn’t. His children needed him now more than ever and he needed them too.

He knew it wasn’t healthy to stress right after having the kids, he really shouldn’t but…it hurt so bad. There were so many things in his mind, so many problems…!

And Jonghyun…he never got to know the truth when he was supposed to…he didn't hate his babies.  “How..how did he react…?”

 

Taemin smiled. “He cried. Typical Jonghyun.”

 

Key let out a small laugh. Somewhat, he could picture Jonghyun crying over this, it was so easy to imagine. It must have been quite a shock…

 

Taemin continued. “Then he wanted to kill Sekyung but then I got the call telling me that you were about to have the twins and his face was quite priceless. I never thought he could run that fast.” The maknae chuckled to the memories.

 

Key felt the corner of his lip twitch, wanting to smile. “So he’s…happy? He wants the babies..?”

 

Taemin grinned to Key’s half-smile. He was slowly accepting the news, that was good. “Aish, I told you already, he does. You know how much he loves kids, he even cries like them!”

 

Key wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. He didn't even know what he was feeling, everything was so confusing! So sudden! “I-I don’t know what to do…So many things are happening at the same time…!” He sobbed. “I don’t even know who I am anymore…”

 

The maknae gave his friend’s hand another squeeze. “You’re stressed. You need to rest.”

 

“I’m tired of resting. I just-…I have so many things in my head…! I just popped out two babies, I must have the biggest ugly cut in my stomach that is going to leave a fat horrible scar, I can’t move much because it hurts, my skin must be awful flaccid too, then you tell me all those things…and I still need to face Jonghyun after that..!” The Diva hid his face on his hands. “I can’t take this. It’s too much.”

 

“Key, you went through worse. Now I’m sure that things will get better. Trust me. I’ll protect you.” The younger male looked into his friend’s tired eyes with determination.

 

Key blinked at the maknae, staring. He was dead serious.

...Taemin was an adult. .

 

“Umma?” The younger boy called him. Key fought the urge to roll his eyes. He spoke too soon.

 

“Humm?”

 

Taemin smiled. “Do you want me to call Jonghyun hyung? He’s waiting outside, he seemed quite miserable. ”

 

Key closed his eyes, feeling his heart jump to the name.

Well, what did he expect? He did have to face Jonghyun sooner or later. Why the hell was he feeling so nervous though? Jonghyun was…Jonghyun. He didn't change after all, he wasn’t the guy who wanted him to stay away, that didn't want his own kids. He wasn’t like that.

Jonghyun was…the same dorky puppy who he fell in love with.

And he was outside.

Right behind that door.

So close.

 

He was blushing, why was he blushing? Why was he so jumpy? He had shameless with him before, and now he was nervous just for knowing he was there? What the hell!

 

“Let him in.” Key nodded. “But you need to go.” He said a bit louder so the ladies next to the cribs could hear him clearly.

 

Key could tell that his children had been fed a long time ago; they were just hearing their conversation for sure. He was too tired to yell at them for that though. Samantha and his mom whispered something to each other and walked out of the room.

Key raised his eyebrow at the old lady that kept entertaining herself with one of the twins.

 

All of you.” Key said, watching Sally flinch.

 

The woman turned around to give him a smile and pointed at the bags on the floor. “I left you a few things in there so you don’t need to worry. I’ll go home now. I’ll keep calling to check on you, kid.”

 

Taemin and Key smiled. The older male nodded. “Thank you Sally.”

 

The woman smiled once more and made a sign at Taemin. “Let’s leave the love birds alone shall we?”

 

Key blushed, making the singer giggle, nodding at the old woman, walking to her. “Good luck hyung!”

 

 


 

Jonghyun jumped to the sound of the door opening.

Key’s dad went to get a coffee and Minho kept rubbing his back, telling him to relax, that Taemin would solve everything for him. Would he really?

He watched in silence as the two nurses walked out, giving him a smile.

What? What happened?

 

A few seconds later Taemin and the old lady walked out too. Key was alone now? Why? Was he sleeping? Did he had to be sedated again?

 

Taemin approached him and Jonghyun jumped out of his seat, waiting for news. However, the maknae only smiled at him. “Hyung, you can go in now.”

 

The lead singer pointed at himself, blinking stupidly. “Me?”

 

“I’m not the one who made those kids, you were. Go in.” Taemin joked, poking the elder’s arm, making Minho chuckle. “Don’t worry, he knows everything now. He won’t bite your head off.”

 

He knew? So…he wasn’t angry anymore?

He didn't hate him?

 

“C’mon hyung. And hurry up; I want to see those kids too.” Minho complained, pushing Jonghyun to the door. Taemin grinned.

 

“Yah, stop it, I can walk by myself!” The singer slapped Minho’s hands away. He looked at the door, his heart bumping, racing. For some reason, he was still afraid to see the hatred in Key’s eyes again; he wouldn’t stand to see it once more…

Slowly, he opened the door and walked inside, his eyes meeting with Key’s right away. !

Jonghyun looked down immediately, feeling a shock of electricity run his body. What was this? His hands were trembling! Why the hell was he so nervous..?

 

“Jonghyun…”

 

The singer shivered to the voice. He missed this voice. He missed it so much it hurt. “Kibum.”

 

“Sit please.” He saw Key point at the chair next to his bed.

 

He nodded, noticing how tense the air in that room was. He walked slowly at the bed, his eyes glancing at the cribs’ direction when he heard a baby sound come from inside one of them.

He sat on the chair, noticing how Key’s hands were trembling on the sheets as well, grabbing the covers to try to stop shaking.

He was frightened.

Funny. He knew just exactly what he was feeling.

 

Jonghyun smiled weakly. “I’m scared too.”

 

He saw Key rise his head a bit, surprised.

Jonghyun decided to continue before the other could say anything. “What I’m trying to say is…so many things happened and we’ve been apart for so long… I feel like I’m meeting you for the first time even if I know you well. It’s…scary.”

 

Jonghyun raised his eyes a bit, watching Key staring at him, perplexed. “I know its stupid b-”

 

“I feel the same.” Key spokesuddenly. “I know it’s just you but…I’ve been lied to for so many months and I lived that time believing that you were a bad person…I feel-.”

 

“They sound like schoolgirls.”A whisper came from behind the door.

 

Both boys looked at each other, eyes wide open. That had been Minho’s voice…Minho was listening to their conversation?! Seriously, wasn’t he supposed to be mature?!

 

“Shhh! I want to hear.”Another voice joined in. Key’s eyes widened even more. Mom?!

 

“If that boy touches my son I’ll rip his eyes out of his skull.”Jonghyun kept staring at Key in shock as he heard the boy’s dad talk.

 

“Yeobo, he’s the father of your grandchildren, you can’t be violent with him.” Key’s mother said in an angry whisper.

 

Key raised an eyebrow and Jonghyun got the sign. The older boy stood up, walking to the door carefully, trying not to make noise. At least he didn’t forget the meaning of Key’s body language.

 

“They stopped talking.” Minho noticed.

 

“Maybe they’re kissing?”  Taemin was the one who whispered this time.

 

Key’s dad groaned. “That’s it, if he touches Kibum-”

 

Jonghyun opened the door, a mass of bodies hitting the floor with strangled yelps. He looked at them from above, stomping his feet in annoyance, glaring at his friends. However, he didn't say a thing, he just stepped aside a bit so Key could have a good look from the bed.

 

“Is there something you need?” Key asked in a cold tone, sending shivers to everyone’s back.

 

Minho and Taemin shook their heads frantically. An angry Key was bad, an angry Key umma should be a lot worse!

 

Key’s mother let out a nervous laugh. “Ah..Kibum…we were just-”

 

“Out.” The blonde said, crossing his arms against his chest, glaring daggers at the intruders.

 

Taemin and Minho didn't need to be told twice; they got up in a jolt and disappeared out of the door, followed by the nurse.

Key’s dad however, pointed a finger at Jonghyun. “Kibum, listen to me, if he hurts you, you just need to ca-”

 

“I’ll tell mom what you keep in the last drawer of the office’s desk if you don’t leave right now.” Key cut him off, watching the man pale, gaping at him.

 

“You wouldn’t dare…” The older man said in a low voice, insecurity in his voice.

 

Key let out a smile before yelling. “MOOOM!”

 

“Okay I got it! I got it!” The man squealed, shutting the door behind him.

 

Jonghyun raised his eyebrow. “I’m not even going to ask what he has in that drawer…”

 

Key chuckled. “You wouldn’t want to know.”

 

Jonghyun smiled, noticing how the tension left the room with that sudden intrusion. For a few seconds it felt like it used to be…

The older boy walked to the cribs, his insides twirling within him in excitement as he looked at his babies again. He grinned as the baby boy opened his eyes slowly, blinking while at his thumb. He was so cute…!

 

Key’s heart melted. It just melted like ice exposed to the sun.

Jonghyun went to the cribs and was leaned on them, eyes shining in adoration as he looked at their children. He loved them already; it was so obvious in his eyes. He wondered how he ever believed that Jonghyun wouldn’t like children… “Bring them here.”

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened. “You mean…I have to hold them?”

 

Key looked at the other male in alarm. He didn't want to hold his children?

Jonghyun understood the look in Key’s eyes; he was probably thinking he was rejecting the babies. Damn, he always messed up. “It’s just…they’re so small… I’m afraid to hurt them.” He explained in shame.

 

Key relaxed instantly, fighting a smile. That idiot… “They won’t break. You used to hold Yoogeun remember?”

 

The singer bit his lip with worry. “Yoogeun wasn’t a newborn, he was a toddler already.”

 

Key covered his mouth as he felt the urge to laugh. Jonghyun looked so scared right now it was almost hilarious. The rapper tried to show the singer how to do it, gesticulating with his arms. “Like this. Just don’t let their head without support. It’s not difficult.”

 

“A-alright…” The older boy gagged, leaning on the boy’s crib again. His hands were trembling, what if he dropped him?!

Oh gooood, why was he so nervous?! He would never forgive himself if he dropped the baby!

 

Carefully and slowly, Jonghyun lifted the little baby, protecting his head immediately with his hand, grinning as the newborn closed his eyes sleepily.

 

Key let out a smile as the singer grinned in happiness. “I did it.” The older boy said proudly, looking at Key with shiny eyes.

 

“Wasn’t that difficult was it?” Key teased, opening his arms as Jonghyun walked to him, slowly passing the baby to him. Key smiled with affection, holding the baby close, pressing a kiss on his forehead. “Here baby…umma’s here..”

 

Jonghyun felt a shiver run his body. Umma. Key was a real umma now… it sounded so weird thought.. “You’re a male, aren’t you supposed to be appa?”

 

Key chuckled, tucking the baby boy in his arms. “I would like to be called appa if they didn't have grown inside me, but they did.”

 

Jonghyun nodded. “You’re right.” He admitted, walking to the other crib, now lifting the baby girl with much more conviction. “Taemin showed me a picture of you pregnant…I was really shocked...”

 

“I never felt so fat in my life.” Key snorted, watching the baby slowly going back to sleep.

 

“You were beautiful..!” Jonghyun let out without thinking.

 

Key’s eyes widened, his cheeks burning.

Jonghyun thought he was beautiful…even with that huge belly?

 

The singer blushed hard, realizing that he had said it out loud. Gosh, he caused an awkward silence again!

Holding the baby girl in his arms, Jonghyun walked to the chair by the bed, finally feeling like he could rest a bit. He was so tired…he wondered how he kept awake all these hours.

 

He watched Key run his delicate fingertips on the baby’s face, humming an unfamiliar song. This…was perfect. He finally had a family of his own..! But there was something missing.

He needed to win Key back.

Time pulled them apart a bit, he knew that the rapper would never pretend that nothing happened between them and pretend that they had a perfect relationship. They didn't. They had just found each other again and he knew that none of them was ready for a relationship like the one they shared before.

 

However…that didn't mean they couldn’t grow it again.

He loved Key, gosh, he never stopped loving him for god’s sake! He loved that boy way too much for his own good, now they even had the fruits of their love in their arms.

They just needed…time.

Yes, that was it. Time would solve their problems.

There was no way he was going to let Key go now. He wanted him by his side as a normal family and he was ready to make the other fall in love for him again.

 

“I saw you before you went to surgery.” Jonghyun said suddenly, getting Key’s attention again. “I wanted you to know that I was there but you were already asleep.”

 

Key blinked, perplexed, remembering how he thought he had heard someone call his name. “I-I heard you calling me. I thought I was dreaming though…”

 

“Maybe you were still a bit conscious. I did call you.” Jonghyun nodded, frowning as he remembered how the nurse kept him locked away. “Your mother didn't let me in though.”

 

Key’s eyes widened. “You wanted to see the surgery?”

 

“Of course! I wanted to be there for you. It hurt me so much knowing that you were there alone. I mean, your mother was there but it felt wrong, I felt like I had to be there. I wanted to see them born; I wanted to hear their first cry.” Jonghyun said honestly, looking at the baby girl is his arms. He felt like he had failed them… 

 

“Oh…” Key simply said. He never thought that Jonghyun would want that…

 

The older boy chuckled in shame. “Sorry, I sounded really sappy right now, I know.”

 

Key shook his head, his voice low. “It’s okay. I’m actually happy to know that you care for them that much. It’s a really…nice feeling.”

 

“I care for all of you. For you too.” Jonghyun said seriously, smiling when he looked at the sleeping twins. “You’re my family.”

 

Key felt something warm spread all over his body, sending him delicious shivers through his skin. There was a familiar look in Jonghyun’s eyes… the look that he used to give him in the morning when they woke up in each other’s arms…

Did he…still want him? Was he-

 

Suddenly, a loud ringing sound broke the air, waking the babies, who started crying from the scare.

Jonghyun cursed, realizing that it was his own phone. Pulling it out of his pocket he stared at the screen, his blood boiling right away.

 

Key tried to calm down the baby in his arms and noticed how Jonghyun’s expression darkened as he checked the caller ID. “Who is it?” He asked angrily, he should have turned his phone off!

 

Jonghyun’s eyes flashed something that Key had never seen before.

 

“Sekyung…”

 


 

Ok, guys, I admit, its not big but I dont have time and u already know that lol

hope u like it and COMMENTS ARE GOLDEN heart

 

also...more 1600 views since last chap?!?!? u guys are amazing!!!