I'm going to be a what?

Two in a Million

 

Kim Jonghyun wasn’t angry.

No, he was furious. Boiling.

Taemin had returned to the dorm with Minho and a girl who had introduced herself as Cha Minjee.

He knew that name; Sekyung had talked about that girl once, she was her bestfriend.

 

He just couldn’t believe his ears.

Sited on the sofa, with both hands supporting his head, Jonghyun took a deep, long breath. “Are you saying…that that photo was…a trap? Made by you and…her..?”

 

“Yes.” Minjee said firmly, ready for the singer’s outburst. She knew that what she did was wrong and now she deserved whatever it was coming for her. She needed to handle with the consequences. “Sekyung paid a guy to pose for the photo and I took it. Kibum was drugged, unconscious. He never knew what really happened in there. He’s innocent.”

 

Jonghyun closed his eyes, lowering his head.

Taemin looked at Minjee with worry and the girl gave him a small sad smile.

 

Onew hid his face on his hands and Minho bit his lip, looking down to the floor, shaking his head slightly. Minjee recognized all the signs, disappointment, frustration, anger, pain.

She took a deep breath, waiting for the bomb to explode.

 

“You…”

 

Here it comes.

 

“WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!” Jonghyun stood up in a jolt, kicking the coffee table in front of him, sending it flying to the other side of the room.

 

Minjee took two steps backwards, followed by the younger blonde singer.

Minho stood up immediately, grabbing Jonghyun by the arm. “Hyung, calm down.”

 

“NO I WON’T CALM DOWN! SHE RUINED OUR LIVES! SHINEE IS ALMOST OVER BECAUSE OF HER! KEY LEFT BECAUSE OF HER AND…SEKYUNG!” The lead singer yelled, the veins of his arms and neck popping out on his skin as he screamed. His face was red, his breathing was instable, he felt like killing someone.

Key was innocent… he had yelled at him thinking that he had cheated on him…! He had told the truth…he had been drugged! And he never believed him because of that photo..! !

What right did the girl have to do this?! WHY did she do this?!

 

“Sekyung wants you to be her boyfriend so she thought that taking out Kibum off her way would help to make you fall for her.” Minjee said truthfully. Her hands were shaking, she wasn’t that brave, she feared everyone’s reactions, but she had to do this. She had to do this if she wanted to sleep at night.

 

Onew shook his head disapprovingly, his hands never moving from his face. Taemin bit his lip, he knew that Onew wasn’t exactly peaceful right now; he was actually fighting a rage.

 

Jonghyun’s mouth dropped. “I knew she was after me…but I told her that I wasn’t interested! She said she understood!”

 

The girl shook her head. “No she didn’t.  She kept…doing things. She never gave up on you.” Minjee said, never looking at the enraged boy’s eyes. They needed to tell him soon… and she had no idea how…

 

“What do you mean..? What things did she do?” Jonghyun looked at her with fearful eyes.

 

He didn’t know what to think.

He wasn’t ready for anymore news. He was too shocked for anything else, he didn’t want to listen. He needed to talk to Key..! Key needed to forgive him! But how?! He didn’t even know where Key was! He had changed his number too!

HOW IN THE WORLD WAS HE SUPPOSED TO FIND HIM?!

 

Minjee gave Taemin a sad look and the boy gave her a sign to keep quiet. She raised her eyebrows in surprise and the blonde smiled weakly, taking a few steps forward. “Jonghyun hyung…there are things you need to know.”

 

 


 

 

Key hated white rooms. They felt cold.

But this time he had no choice. There he was, lied in a white bed, in a white room, looking at two doctors dressed in white. Sally was sited on a chair beside him, rubbing his hand.

 

 “In normal pregnancies, when you hit the eight month, the babies try to move their head down, getting ready for delivery. What you felt was exactly it. Normally, they take their sweet time to move down, they do it very slowly.”  Doctor Jung continued to explain.

 

Sally frowned. “I was pregnant once and this never happened to me.”

 

“Because Kibum is a boy, his skin cannot stretch any further. He’s reached his limit.” The other doctor, much older than doctor Jung said in a rough, low voice.  “What happened was that one of your babies tried to move too fast and since your skin can’t stretch anymore, it hurt you a lot.”

 

Key nodded, feeling his heart bump loudly inside his chest. He was nervous, he was afraid… he never felt so lost before… “What now?”

 

“We saw it in the ultra-sound, none of them have turned down, they’re trying but they can’t because they don’t have room to do it.” Doctor Jung explained, giving him a weak, supportive smile.  “We have only one option.”

 

“What is it..?” Key was almost afraid to ask. He felt tired, he was aching, he wanted to sleep but he couldn’t. He wanted to cry…

 

“You’re 34 weeks pregnant, we can have surgery already.” The other doctor told him, adjusting his thin glasses on top of his crooked nose.

 

Key’s eyes widened. “You’re saying that…”

 

“We think it’s for the best to remove the twins soon.” Doctor Jung nodded, sharing a look with his colleague.

 

“Oh my god…isn’t it too early?!” Sally gasped, bringing her hand to her lips.

 

“No it’s not. They’re well formed, they can come out healthy. By now they have a great chance of survival.” The older doctor shook his head. “I just need to call over the other doctors.”

 

Doctor Jung nodded. “Doctor Simon is in Thailand and Rachel is in London… we weren’t expecting this to happen this soon.”

 

“I’ll inform them and I’m sure they can get a flight as soon as possible.” The other man sighed, rushing out off the room, closing the door after him.

 

Doctor Jung approached the bed and gave the boy a smile. “Kibum, you’ll stay here, under our vigilance.”

 

“For how long?” Key asked, his voice coming out in a strange weak tone. He didn’t want to stay here…he didn’t want to be alone. Not again…not now.

 

“Until we can get our doctors ready. You’ll have surgery as soon as possible or else you’ll get damaged. They’ll start to push your organs to get room.” The man told him.

 

Sally rubbed Key’s hand again. “Oh dear…”

 

Doctor Jung walked to the door. “Excuse me now, I’ll have to leave. Try to sleep Kibum, it will do you well. Keep calm, ok?” He smiled before leaving the room.

 

Key closed his eyes, letting out a long, tired sigh. “Sally…?”

 

He felt his hand being squeezed. “Yes dear?”

 

“I need to call my mother… can you leave for a few minutes?”

 

 


 

“Please sit.” Taemin said, giving Jonghyun a serious look.

 

The shorter boy crossed his arms stubbornly. “I’ll rather stay here. Just say whatever you have to say.”

 

Taemin rolled his eyes. This wasn’t the time to be childish. “Believe me, you’ll want to sit.”

 

Onew finally raised his head, looking at the maknae with a very scary pair of eyes. “Taemin…what’s wrong?” he asked slowly in a warning tone.

 

“He found Key.” Minho said. He hated to wait and he hated suspense. Why couldn’t they just get to the point already?!

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened to the maximum. “…What?”

 

“Where is he?!” Onew stood up in a jolt.

 

“I will only tell you if you sit!” Taemin shouted, making everyone stare at him, surprised. Taemin wasn’t the one to shout at anyone…what was wrong with him?

 

Slowly, everyone made their way to the sofa and Taemin sat on the armchair in front of them. He was about to talk when he saw Minjee from the corner of his eye, playing with her hands nervously. He stood up quickly, moving away from the armchair. “Here. Sit here.”

 

The girl gave him a surprised look and smiled, sitting where Taemin had previously been. “Thank you...”

 

“Now tell us! How did you find him? Where is he?!” Jonghyun asked impatiently. If he knew where Key was why didn’t he told them right away?!

 

“He’s in New York.” Minho answered him, his serious expression never changing.

 

“New York?!” Onew shouted.

 

“How do you know this?!” Jonghyun yelled, pointing at the taller boy angrily.

 

Onew nodded. “If you knew why did-”

 

“SHUT UP!!!!” Taemin screamed, making everyone stare at him. The maknae groaned loudly in frustration and roamed around the room angrily before giving his friends a very annoyed look. “WILL YOU LET ME SPEAK?! THIS IS NOT EASY TO EXPLAIN! THIS IS NO JOKE!”

 

Even Minho had his mouth open by now, staring at the enraged maknae.

Onew lowered his eyes in shame and nodded. . “Go on…”

 

“Minho found me today and I just told him that. He didn’t know anything before, so chill.” The younger boy snapped before taking a deep breath.  “I’ve been with Key all this time..”

 

 “What?!” Jonghyun wanted to punch something. He just couldn’t believe this. All this time?! He had been with Key all this time and he never told them?! What the hell was Taemin thinking?!

 

“I’ve been helping him.” Taemin told them.

 

“Helping him?” Minho frowned in confusion. “Help him to do what?!”

 

Minjee stood up, giving the boys a death glare. “Please be quiet or he can never tell you! How old are you?!”

 

Minho rubbed his temples and closed his eyes, making a sign with his hand. “I’m sorry. Go on Tae.”

 

The maknae gave Minjee a thankful smile before turning to his friends. “First off, you need to know something that Key found out about his body almost eight months ago…”

 

 


 

 

He was scared, his hands were trembling and his palms were sweating.

He was going to have surgery within some hours, maybe a day. He knew the risks, he knew that he could not be alive in a few hours.

Death scared him, he didn’t want to die. He wanted to see his children, he wanted to hug and kiss them. He wanted to see his family and his friends; he wanted to be there…in the future. He didn’t want his life to stop so quickly.

It wasn’t fair…

 

“Mom?” Key almost didn’t recognize his own voice as he spoke to the cellphone.

 

“Kibum? What happened? Why are you crying?”He heard his mother on the other line, voice filled with worry.

 

“Please come to see me…” He whispered weakly, new tears leaving his eyes.

 

“Kibum, what’s wrong?”

 

The blonde boy looked at the ceiling, his vision blurry with his tears. “I’m going to have them…”

 

“WHAT?! NOW?!”  He could hear his mother curse after that, panicking.

 

“Not now…but soon…” He explained slowly, not having energy to talk normally. “They’re calling the doctors that are overseas.”

 

“Please, tell me where you are!”She begged.

 

Key took a deep breath. “New York.”

 

“New York? Oh my god Kibum..! Are you alone?!”

 

The rapper closed his eyes, resting his head against the pillow, his left hand holding his massive belly. “I’m with a friend…and doctor Jung.”

 

“You should have told me sooner! Give me the address.”

 

“Are you really coming..?” He asked, surprised. Was she really leaving her job so suddenly?

 

“Of course!”  She sounded offended.“Kibum…I may have failed in the past…but please, let me make it up for you…please.”

 

 


 

Jonghyun was confused. Really confused.

Taemin was making no sense. He just told them that Key had born with two es, how crazy was that?!

Then he told them that he had been operated as a baby to be a full male, but that his mother chose to keep his female organs inside him.

How could this be the truth?

Key was a normal boy! He was sure of it!

Jonghyun wanted to laugh, this was ridiculous!

 

“I don’t get it. Even if he was born that way and had that surgery…how is that important?” Minho was the first to ask, reading everyone’s minds.

 

Taemin bit his lip. Telling them the whole truth was a lot more complicated than he had expected. He needed to make them believe and he needed to take things slowly or else they would die from a heart attack. “Remember the…tube I mentioned? The little thing that Key’s body created when he was born?”

 

Onew nodded. “Yeah. I still don’t get that part.”

 

“His body created that tiny tube joining his uterus to his…well…his backside as a replacement of his…woman thing…because it was damaged.” Taemin explained slowly, blushing hard. What kind of conversation was this to have with his hyungs..?!

 

Jonghyun made a face, raising his eyebrow. “Key has a uterus too?”

 

Minjee rolled her eyes. “That’s what we call by female organs, yes.” She said in a sarcastic voice. Gosh, did idols ever go to school?

 

Jonghyun shook his head. “That’s…I can’t believe this. It’s too weird!”

 

Minho kept frowning, hand on his chin, trying to understand what the maknae was trying to say. “Continue. What that tube has that made him leave us?”

 

Taemin bit his lip, looking nervously at Jonghyun. “It’s not what it has, it’s what it did.”

 

The three boys looked at each other in confusion. “Huh?”

 

“Arrrggh!” Taemin groaned loudly. He didn’t want to explain it like this..! It was too embarrassing! “Think a little! If you had a relationship with a girl and…you know…the two of you did…things…” He blushed, the words dying in his throat. He couldn’t do this…!

 

Minjee sighed and stood up once again. “What he wants to say, is what would happen if you had unprotected with a girl? What could happen to her?”

 

Minho rolled his eyes. “She can get pre-” The rapper’s eyes widened in shock, gaping at Taemin like there was a ghost behind him.  “Oh god...”

 

Taemin smiled to his friend’s reaction, clapping his hands. “Exactly! That’s it! It’s exactly what you’re thinking!”

 

Minho shook his head, his eyes opened up so wide that Taemin betted they were hurting by now. “You’re lying…” The taller boy whispered.

 

Jonghyun and Onew watched Minho and Taemin in confusion.

The leader made a face, poking Jonghyun’s arm. “Did you understand anything?” He whispered.

 

Jonghyun shook his head, giving the older male the same confused look. “I have no idea what they’re talking about.”

 

“I’m not kidding.” Taemin smiled weakly. “It really happened. I was shocked too.”

 

Minho stood up from the sofa and brought his hands to his head, mouth opened. The rapper pointed at Jonghyun and gave Taemin another look. “H-he..?!”

 

Both Taemin and Minjee nodded.

Minho made a loud sound with his throat that sounded a lot like a crazed laugh and took a few steps in random directions. “Oh god…! OH MY GOD..! Are you sure of that?!” He screamed.

 

“Sure of what?” Jonghyun asked angrily. He hated being left out..! What in hell was happening?! What happened to Key?!

 

Minho put a hand on his mouth and pointed a finger at the lead singer, eyes wide in shock. “Hyung..! You…!”

 

Minjee kneeled in front of the muscular boy and the room fell in silence, the rapper still roaming around the room like a mad person.

She smiled at the confused male and sighed. This was it. “Kim Jonghyun. What Taemin is trying to say is that…”

 

Taemin bit his lip; he could hear his own racing heartbeat inside his chest…

 

Minjee took the singer’s hand and gave him another smile. “You’re going to be a father.”

 


 

Jonghyun's reaction in the next chap MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAH

Short chap I KNOW.

I'm still not allowed to touch my computer. Yeah right, if they only knew what I do after they go to sleep at night.

Parents...so naïve... tsk tsk.

 

You know the thing, mistakes are mine and comments are loved! :D