Chapter 32

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a Wednesday afternoon and Jihyun had been thoroughly immersed in her work. The talk with Jungkook had made her feel slightly better about herself, and she tried not to think about it.

Whenever she thought lowly about herself and how she felt like a burden as she brought harm to Jungkook’s reputation, the boy always had a way to make her feel better with his words, assuring her that she was the best thing that had ever happened to him.

She was in the midst of reviewing another interview that had almost been completed, when her assistant told her that she had a guest waiting for her in another room. 
 

“I’m not expecting anyone today.” She said, confused. “The person who’s looking for you is called Lee Nari? She said she wanted to speak to you.”

went dry. Lee Nari had finally revealed herself, and Jihyun was livid hearing her name alone. She charged straight to the meeting room and found the girl sitting at the table with a smirk on her face.

“What do you want?” Jihyun asked menacingly, and Nari merely laughed. “Not very friendly, are we?”

“You don’t deserve any form of kindness, Lee Nari.” Jihyun hissed and Nari merely rolled her eyes, “Whatever, I’m not here to talk nicely anyway.”

“You should know by now that I was the one who released the anonymous comment.” Nari said smugly and Jihyun scoffed, “Of course, who else could be that evil?”

“So why haven’t you left Jungkook?” Nari said sternly, but Jihyun remained unfazed. “It’s going to take a lot more than that for me and Jungkook to break up.”

“It didn’t take that much six years ago.” Nari scoffed and anger rose in Jihyun’s body as she bit on her lip angrily. Nari merely laughed and threw an envelope on the table. “You know how I’m the best at threatening people and making things go my way, don’t you?”

Confused, Jihyun took the brown envelope and opened it up to find pictures of her and Taehyung when they were dating. These were different from the ones that Ahreum had sent her - they clearly showed her face and even Junghyun’s. In that instance, Jihyun was more worried about her daughter and Taehyung rather than herself.

“Why the  did you take these photos? It doesn’t even concern Jungkook here.” Jihyun gritted her teeth as she gave her a hard stare.

“Trust me, I don’t really care if you dated Kim Taehyung, and I didn’t think it’d come in handy till today. The first release was just a teaser, I gave you a chance and didn’t reveal your face.”

“You’re not going to get so lucky this time, Kim Jihyun. There’s going to be more people involved.” She laughed menacingly and Jihyun could feel her heart sinking.

“You keep using the same tricks over and over again. Why are you doing this?” Jihyun asked as Nari’s laughter died down. “I like Jungkook, and you’re the only thing that’s preventing me from getting together with him.” She glared at Jihyun angrily.

“Nari, you doing this wouldn’t solve anything. Even if I break up with Jungkook, he’s not going to end up with you and you know it. You had six years to make it work with him, but even after I left, he still didn’t spare a single glance at you.” Jihyun retorted and Nari fell silent. She saw a flicker of sadness and disappointment in her eyes before Nari turned to her again, eyes clouding with anger.

“You are the problem, and this time I’m going to make him mine no matter what it takes.”

“Nari, listen to me-”

“No, you listen to me!” She screamed as she stomped her foot, leaving Jihyun surprised. “If you don’t break up with Jungkook, I’ll release these photos of you and your daughter with Taehyung.”

“You can’t do that.” Jihyun shook her head, “Bang PD warned you that you can’t do anything.”

“Oh, you’re cute. I don’t have to release this on my own, don’t you see? I can put it out as an anonymous source to the media outlets and you would’ve no evidence against me too. And what’s the worst that can happen to me? I’m bringing in big bucks for him, he can’t be dropping me.” Nari scoffed and even though Jihyun hated to admit it, she was right. She was just an editor and Nari was a rising vocalist, of course Bang PD would side with her.

She pondered over her words. Junghyun’s not going to be safe once the news is out, Taehyung’s reputation would be ruined because of her, and because she appeared with both Taehyung and Jungkook, she knew things wouldn’t be great not only for her, but also for the group.

“Oh, I almost forgot. If you still refuse to break up with Jungkook even after I release the photos with Taehyung, I have more of your photos with Jungkook. This time I’m not going to let you off with blurry photos.” She gave an innocent smile as Jihyun stared at her with dark eyes.

“If I leave, will you stop all this nonsense?” Jihyun asked and Nari nodded. “Of course, a deal’s a deal. But I want you to leave Seoul.”

What?

“Wait, why do I have to leave Seoul?” Jihyun panicked and Nari merely shrugged, “Easy, I don’t want to see you anymore.”

“You don’t have to see me, Nari. Seoul’s a big place.”

“I don’t want Jungkook to run back to you, or any of the Bangtan members to have contact with you.”

Lee Nari was a complete and Jihyun had experienced it first hand.

“You’re sick in the mind.” Jihyun said with anger dripping in her voice, but Nari merely grinned.

“And you have till the end of the week to think about it, otherwise I’m releasing these photos. Don’t even try anything else, the media outlets have these photos already, they’re just waiting for my signal. I can’t guarantee the consequences if you break the rules.” Nari sing-songed with a smirk before exiting the room.

Once she left, Jihyun crumbled onto one of the seats and held the pictures with trembling hands. If only she had been more careful, if only she hadn’t agreed to date Taehyung, if only she hadn’t allowed Jungkook to come back into her life - then nothing would’ve happened at all.

Exiting the room with the envelope, a message pinged and she immediately knew who the sender was. Deciding that it was too much for the day, she grabbed her bags and decided to finish up the interview tomorrow.

“Hey babe.” He cooed as soon as she entered the car. She gave a strained smile and he immediately noticed something was wrong. “Are you alright?” He asked as he carded his long fingers through her smooth brown hair.

Nodding to prevent him from suspecting, she plastered a smile on her face, “Let’s go home, Junghyun’s waiting for us to have dinner.”

--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter