Chapter 30

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyun’s parents were happy that their family was finally complete, and excited about the fact that she was moving into Jungkook’s. “You’re finally not going to leech off me.” Mrs. Kim teased as Jihyun pouted, “I don’t leech off you, eomma!”

It was nice seeing the jovial Jihyun come back, and Mrs. Kim knew that a very big reason was due to Jeon Jungkook. There was no one other than the boy who could make her the happiest and the saddest.

Settling into the modern apartment painted with monochromatic walls, Jihyun tch-ed at the sight of the boring colours. “Black again as always.” She rolled her eyes and Jungkook laughed, “What can I say? I’m a simple man.”

“Maybe I can spice up the colours here.” She said jokingly and Jungkook nodded his head, “Sure, you can do whatever you want with it.” She whipped her head towards the boy and he shrugged, “I want you and Junghyun to feel entirely comfortable here. This is your home now, so you can do whatever you want to make it feel more homey.” He smiled as he patted her head.

“I’m going to paint Junghyun’s room rainbow.” She tried to scare him but he remained unfazed, “I already did that.” He merely mumbled and she separated herself from him. “What?”

“My room is amazing!” Junghyun exclaimed as she ran into the medium sized bedroom that had already been decorated with a princess bed and table. The walls had been painted, true to what Jungkook said - rainbow. “You bought these and painted the walls for her?” Jihyun asked in disbelief as Junghyun ran around the room, amazed by everything inside.

Jungkook rubbed his neck awkwardly and laughed, “I might have been a bit excited when you two agreed to move in with me.” She looked at the boy who bowed his head in embarrassment, feeling her heart soar as she felt a wave of emotions rushing through her.

“Thank you, Kook.” She said softly as she landed a kiss on his lips while he closed his eyes. When she tried to leave, he pulled her back and snuck another on her cheeks, earning a chuckle from her. “I’ll show you where we’ll sleep.”

He opened the master bedroom, showing a king bed decorated with neutral colours - her favourite. He placed a few sunflowers on the side, and a dresser with some makeup on the table - she knew that was for her. The bedside tables were lined with their photos, and the walls looked freshly painted with a coat of neutral tones as well.

“I’m guessing that your previous place was like a bachelor’s pad?” She raised her eyebrows teasingly and he nodded with a laugh, “101% bachelor’s pad. It was all grim and grey, I knew you wouldn’t have liked it so I asked someone to paint them with some of your favourite colours.”

“And you managed to get everything done within two weeks?” She had literally just agreed to moving in two weeks ago, and the boy seemed to have already renovated the entire house. “I pulled some strings and last-minute requests. I want to make this work."

Jihyun couldn’t help but be awed by his words. She could definitely feel his sincerity and there was no lying in his words, it was different this time. Jungkook wanted to be with her, and he wanted this as much as she did.

“I want to make this work too.” These seven words made Jungkook feel like his efforts for the past two weeks had paid off. Juggling dance practices with renovation works definitely wasn’t the easiest, but when he saw the amazement in Jihyun and Junghyun’s eyes, the tiredness in his body had all disappeared. It was all worth it for his two girls.

“I’m glad.” He said as he pulled her into his arms and continued gazing into her eyes.

“You know, shouldn’t we test what the bed is like?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow teasingly with a smirk and Jihyun widened her eyes in embarrassment, “Yah, Jeon Jungkook!”

--

Everything seemed perfect.

They were one happy family now, they could now spend time together everyday since they were living together, and Mrs. Kim came by during the day to help take care of Junghyun - that was a load off their shoulders. Their friends and families were happy to see them finally smiling.

They arrived on set together that morning because Jihyun was tasked to interview the band, and she hadn’t realised how long she hadn’t seen the band till Jin ran towards her with a bone-crushing hug.

“Hyung!” Jungkook called out in a huff before prying Jin off the girl as she laughed, “Stop being jealous, it’s just Jin.” He pouted in response and Jin laughed, “I haven’t seen you in forever, Jihyun!”

“Yeah, Jungkook’s been hogging up most of my time.” She scrunched up her face playfully and Jungkook rolled his eyes, “Sure, talk like you don’t enjoy it at all.” He said as he ruffled her hair and Jin smiled at the two, happy that they had finally worked things out.

The rest of the members came over one by one, but Jin noticed that one individual chose to stay by the side and continued staring into space without emotions. Sighing, he walked over and settled beside the boy.

“Tae, are you alright?” Jin asked and Taehyung snapped out of his trance to give a small nod. Peering to look at the couple, he swallowed a lump in his throat before slumping into the sofa, deflated.

Jin knew exactly what he was feeling.

“You don’t have to force yourself to be okay when you’re not.” He said and Taehyung shook his head, “I told her I’d be okay. We talked a bit previously and I know she’s trying to maintain her distance.”

“I think I really fell hard for her, Jin.” He chuckled dryly and Jin patted his shoulder sympathetically. Even though he was happy for the couple, in a three-people situation, there would always be winners and the heartbroken - it so happened tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter