Chapter 25

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, you didn’t think I’d ever find out that you have a daughter?” Nari asked as she gritted her teeth angrily, throwing the stack of pictures at Jungkook in the private room.

Staring at the pictures of him with Jihyun and Junghyun, a chill rushed over his body as he stared angrily at Nari. “You have no right to be taking such pictures. And how did you know?”

“I’m your girlfriend, Jeon Jungkook. I know everything and all about the DNA test that you did.” Nari said menacingly and Jungkook scoffed, “You’re nothing, Lee Nari.”

“I wonder if you’d say that if these pictures are leaked to the press, Kim Jihyun and her daughter will then be in a dangerous position.” Nari said smugly and Jungkook whipped his head towards her, “That tactic won’t work this time, Nari.” Jungkook said with hate lacing his voice, and Nari merely laughed. “It won’t? Are you sure about that? It worked six years ago, it worked when you came back from New York, what makes you think it’s not going to work this time?”

Anger heated his blood and rage churned inside of him. He was sick and tired of Lee Nari’s antics.

--Flashback Six Years Ago--

“Jungkook, you are going to debut soon! You can’t be caught with a girlfriend.” His manager chided as he glanced at the young Jungkook’s phone who had him and Jihyun as his wallpaper. He was confused, he never knew that it mattered whether or not he was in a relationship.

“Don’t you realise it? Once you get popular and the fans start digging into your information, they’re going to find out about her and go after her. Do you want that to happen?” His manager continued and Jungkook shook his head furiously.

“You need to leave her, Jungkook.” His manager broke the news and he widened his eyes in shock, “W-what? I don’t want to leave Jihyun!” He shouted with a cracked voice and his manager sighed, “If you don’t leave her, she’s going to be in huge trouble. The consequences are much worse than you can ever think. She’s going to be harassed all the time and her life could possibly be in danger due to the fans and the media.” Fear crippled his body and he stayed frozen to the ground - he couldn’t let anything happen to Jihyun.

“Not only her, have you ever thought about yourself? Fans and the media can be the people who build your career up, but they can also be the same people who bring you down. If this leaks out, do you think you can still continue your career as a singer?” Panic surged through him as he thought about the idea of not being able to be a singer. What was he without singing - the one passion that had gotten him through life?

He continued staying silent, pondering over his thoughts.

“Can’t we have a relationship in secret? Jihyun won’t say a single word and neither will I.” Jungkook tried to protest but his manager shook his head, “It’s not going to work, Jungkook. The fans and the media are very powerful, you’d be surprised at the things they’d find out easily.”

Jungkook sighed loudly, and his manager knew that he was slowly giving in.

“You need to be firm and make sure that Jihyun doesn’t come back.” His manager proposed and a sinking feeling pooled in his gut. “What is something that she can never forgive you for?”

His heart lurched and his mind started racing. “C-Cheating.” He said with a stutter and his manager nodded his head, “Then do that.”

He gaped when he heard his words. “I can’t do that to Jihyun, it’s going to ruin her.”

“If you don’t end this now, she’s really going to be ruined in future. You make the choice.” His manager said as he gave him a pat on his shoulder before leaving a disorientated Jungkook in the room.

And that was how he ended up in front of his house with Nari on the day he had arranged to meet with Jihyun, a trainee whom he knew was interested in him and had been making advances on him since day one.

He made it clear that he had a girlfriend, but the girl never seemed to take it to heart as she continued flirting with him. The happiest day of her life came when Jungkook had asked her to put on a show with him for his break up. She never knew this day would come where Jungkook would finally be available again, and she took the chance immediately.

“Take care of yourself.” That was the last thing he said before he turned around to leave with Nari.

After breaking the heart of the only person he has ever loved in his life, he felt terrible and disgusted at himself. All Jihyun did was love him, and all he did was break her heart. Shrugging off Nari’s hands and ignoring her cries, he went to his favourite place at the top of Namsan hill and cried his lungs out. He stayed there that night, his only comfort and companion being th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter