Chapter 23

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ji!” Taehyung called loudly as he entered the house and saw the girl lying on the floor with a pool of red beside her. He turned to his left and saw a small frame lying on the floor, unconscious as well - he couldn’t believe his eyes. “Junghyun!”

He was thankful that he had insisted Jihyun install a location tracker last night in case of emergencies when Mrs. Kim called and said that Junghyun had gone missing and she couldn’t find Jihyun after their call.

“You’re being paranoid, Tae.” Jihyun rolled her eyes as she handed him his phone, “I’m just being cautious.” Taehyung retorted and Jihyun merely laughed as she saw him doing the same for himself. “Now we can see where each other is at all times. All safe.”

Opening the location tracker application, it showed that they were at their home premises. He quickly sped out of the practice room while having lunch, leaving the six boys bewildered and confused.

He hadn’t expected to see two bloodied figures of the two people he loved, lying on the floor motionlessly, along with a terrified girl sitting on the side. Glaring his eyes at her, he quickly dialled for the ambulance and the police as he tried to wake the two girls.

“Ji… Junghyun… please be okay…” He muttered as he held onto the cold hands of the two. Filled with anger and rage, he lifted the cap of the girl to find a disgustingly familiar face.

“I’ll deal with you later.” He gritted his teeth angrily as he saw the girl staring at him.

Emergency help arrived in a matter of minutes, and the police had taken the girl away while Taehyung quickly ran into the ambulance with Jihyun and Junghyun. Clutching tightly onto their hands, he watched distraughtly as the paramedics tried to stop the bleeding for the two.

--

He tapped his feet worriedly as he looked at the emergency room’s light still lit up after 20 minutes. He hadn’t had the ability to do anything else apart from calling Mrs. Kim, who looked as frantic as him as she ran into the hallway. “How are they?” She asked and a doctor came out just then, “The mother is safe because we managed to stop the bleeding. The daughter however is slowly losing more and more blood because she has an uncommon blood type that we do not have in the hospital.”

Taehyung bit his lips nervously as the doctor continued, “Her mother can’t donate because she doesn’t have the same blood type. It’s getting more dangerous as time passes. May I know if you’re the father?” He asked while looking at Taehyung.

“I’m not…” He said softly as he thought of Jungkook. “Do you know who her father is? Is there a possibility that he might have AB negative blood?”

AB Negative.

Jungkook’s blood is AB Negative.

Nodding his head quickly, he whipped out his phone to dial the youngest.

“Jungkook, you need to come to Seoul National Hospital now.” He said frantically as soon as the youngest answered the phone, “What happened, Tae? Are you hurt?” He asked, alarmed.

“I’m not, but Jihyun and Junghyun are.” Taehyung tried to say the sentence without crying, “And it’s all because of me.” He said softly but Jungkook had heard it. He felt as if his world had come crashing down on him when he heard the news. “Junghyun needs you. She’s AB negative and she needs your blood, come now before it’s too late.”

--

Rushing into the hospital hallway, he was met with a distraught Taehyung and an anxious Mrs. Kim. The two faces seemed to heave a sigh of relief when they saw an unkept Jungkook panting in front of them.

“W-what happened?” He asked and Taehyung merely ran off to call the doctor. “He has AB negative blood.” He explained anxiously as he pointed to Jungkook.

“Great! We can do the blood transfusion now. Are you her father?” The doctor asked and Jungkook looked bewildered and confused as Taehyung fell silent. “What?”

“The patient’s blood is AB negative, it’s a rare kind of blood and not everyone has it. Usually only their parents would have the same blood type.” He explained and a realization seemed to hit Jungkook.

Was he Junghyun’s father?

He looked like he was in a daze and Taehyung quickly snapped him back into reality, “Go, Jungkook. There’s no time to waste.” Without saying another word, he let the doctor lead him into the operating theatre.

“He’s going to find out.” Mrs. Kim sighed and Taehyung’s heart sank. What’s going to happen from now on? He hadn’t thought of the consequences as he was too worried about Junghyun, but now that reality was setting in, his stomach pooled with anxiety at the thought of Jungkook finding out the truth.

--

After what felt like hours in the operating theatre, both Jihyun and Junghyun were rolled out into a private duo room while Jungkook walked out with a patch of bandage on his arm.

“They are safe and will likely regain consciousness in a couple of hours. They’ll be fine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter