Chapter 21

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She held her head with a groan as she woke up with a stiff neck and massaged her shoulders to alleviate the pain. Must be the alcohol last night. She looked at her surroundings and realized that she was still in Taehyung's house as she sat on the black leather sofa with Junghyun snuggling closely by her side.

Looking down at the black blazer covering her and recognizing it to be Taehyung's, she scanned the room to find the said boy lying on the couch opposite hers. Looking towards the floor, she saw the rest of the boys sprawled out with beer bottles lying on the side. The place was a mess.

She quickly spent the morning cleaning up the living room and prepared a quick breakfast for everyone. One by one, the boys woke up to the smell of food and led themselves to the kitchen where bowls of hangover soup were being placed.

"It's the last day of the year!" Jimin cheered as he placed pancakes into his mouth, muffling through the food. "What are your plans today, Ji?" Taehyung asked as Jihyun placed the toast on Junghyun's plate, "Nothing much, we're just going to be at home I guess."

"We're having a new year's eve party at the company, you should come!" Hoseok suggested and Jihyun raised her eyebrows surprised, "You don't have schedules?"

"Nah, our last schedule of the year was yesterday, today is the day we party!" Yoongi said happily as he playfully pulled Junghyun's hands into the air while the girl giggled. "I'm not really into parties. Besides, I'm going to be the only outsider." Jihyun shrugged and Jimin started whining, "Come with us, Jihyun! We promise you'll have fun." He looked at him with puppy eyes that she couldn't refuse but she stayed firm. "Who's going to take care of Junghyun then? I can't bring her to a party." She reasoned as she thought that it'd be weird for the staff to see a single mother with a child at a company's party.

"Do you think your mother could help to take care of her for the night?" Taehyung asked and Jihyun shrugged, "I usually spend New Year's Eve with Junghyun and my mother."

"Junghyun-ah, do you think you'll be able to spend tonight with halmeoni watching cartoons?" Yoongi asked and Junghyun's eyes lit up instantly, "Of course! I love cartoons!" Yoongi turned to Jihyun smugly, who shot a glare at him as she gritted her teeth.

"Okay, if you're not going, I'm not too." Taehyung gave an ultimatum and Jihyun rolled her eyes in response, "You can't do this."

"Then come." Taehyung encouraged and Jihyun nodded, "Fine."

The room cheered in response and Jihyun couldn't help but smile.

She had gone home early to prepare, and her mother was glad that Jihyun was finally going to have some fun on the last day of the year.

She was dressed up in a black one-piece sleeveless silk dress, and white heels with a silver clutch as a companion. Decorated with a pair of silver earrings and necklace along with the bracelet that Taehyung had gotten her for Christmas, she checked her reflection for the seventh time that night.

"You look great, stop worrying, Ji." Her mother reassured and Junghyun chimed in as well, "Eomma, you look really pretty!" She said as she held up two thumbs, earning a chuckle from Jihyun. Despite all the compliments, Jihyun still felt insecure at the thought of being in a room with so many beautiful people.

The doorbell rang and Mrs. Kim opened the door to a handsome Taehyung decked in a white suit and tapered pants. He looked like a prince from a fairytale as he stood casually by the door, eyes widened at Jihyun's outfit.

"Does this look bad?" She asked worriedly when she saw his expression and he shook his head immediately, "Of course not, you look beautiful! I was just mesmerized." He laughed shyly and his comments caused a tint of red to spread across her cheeks. His heart quickened at the sight of the girl looking completely flawless in the bodycon silk dress that accentuated her figure, taking his entire breath away.

"Happy New Year's Eve Mrs. Kim, thank you for letting me take Jihyun out today." Taehyung expressed his thanks and Mrs. Kim merely smiled in response, "I should be thanking you instead. I was afraid that she was going to spend New Year's Eve in her room again." She laughed as Jihyun bowed her head in embarrassment while turning to her daughter, "Happy New Year's Eve baby, sorry that eomma will be late tonight." She said guiltily and her daughter shrugged, "I'm going to watch cartoons all night!" She cheered as she remained unconcerned, and the adults laughed at the girl's childish antics.

--

Arriving at the private event, she clutched onto Taehyung's arms tightly for support as she felt her legs wobble at the amount of strangers in the room. Taehyung placed a reassuring hand on hers and slowly led her to the table, where the sight of familiar faces calmed her beating heart slightly. "You are looking good, Jihyun!" The group whistled as the girl arrived at the table, sending Jihyun blushing with all the compliments.

"You guys look great too." She had just seen them several hours ago, but the boys had managed to look dapper in their crisp suits as they each pulled her in for a hug. Glancing at the table, she realised the youngest had a date on his side, someone who looked as irritated as her when they locked eyes.

Squeaking out a courteous hello to him while he gave her a small smile, she scanned him and saw that Jungkook had freshened up as he dressed up in a suit as well - she hated how she felt that he still looked as dashing as ever, and how he still managed to take her breath away. Finally peeling away her eyes from the boy, she gave Nari a glare as she turned back to her seat.

The dance floor was filled with a few pairs of people slow-dancing to the music, and Taehyung had outstretched his hand towards her. "May I have this dance?" He asked and she looked towards the dance floor where the boys were slow-dancing playfully with each other.

"Sure, but just to let you know, I'm not a good dancer." She laughed as she took his hands, "I told you I'll be here to break your falls if you ever do fall." They walked to the dance floor, unaware of Jungkook's eyes on her the entire time.

Taking slow steps on the dance floor, she placed her hands on his shoulder as he guided her to the music with his hands on her waist. They stared into each other's eyes as they smiled shyly and whispered an inside joke from time to time.

Being with Taehyung was easy and comfortable - Jihyun wasn't crying all the time, she didn't feel a rollercoaster of emotion as she switched from being happy one moment and in the depths of sadness the next. Taehyung was honest and upfront, wearing his heart on his sleeve as he bared his emotions to her - so why was she still so distracted when she caught a glimpse of a silver-haired boy waltzing on the floor with an unspoken expression as he stared right back at her?

Signalling that it was time to change partners, Taehyung turned her around with a small spin and smiled as he led her to his best friend's arms. She was surprised, but he clutched tightly onto her arm to prevent her from falling as she flailed her other arm, causing laughter to erupt between them.

"Sorry I'm not that good of a dancer." She laughed with embarrassment as she looked at the black-haired boy in front of her. "That makes two of us." Jimin smiled and Jihyun rolled her eyes at the main dancer, "Oh please, Jimin. You don't get to be humble about this."

He chuckled before continuing, "I'm really happy for you and Tae." He said softly and Jihyun's eyes softened, "Means a lot coming from his best friend."

"It's just... I've never seen him so happy before. Even with his ex-girlfriends, he barely made the first move and it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter