Chapter 14

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days passed like a blur to Jungkook. He spent all his free time in the dance studio practicing so hard he could feel the tiredness in his bones as it ached badly - but he'd rather feel tired than the heartbreak in him. He was the first one in at 6am, and the only break he took was a short 10 minutes water break throughout the day, only leaving at 12am in the middle of the night.

He avoided Taehyung as much as he could, the only time they spoke was during official schedules or dance practice which required interaction. The two boys who used to be as thick as thieves seemed like strangers who didn't know each other. It didn't help that Taehyung felt a burning rage in him whenever he saw the younger, and upset over the fact that he had treated Jihyun badly.

Jungkook tried his best to take his mind off Jihyun, but she was always there. Whether he was dancing his hardest or singing in the studio - she was constantly on his mind. The members were starting to notice it, and all of them - excluding Taehyung had asked him to slow down, but he refused to listen.

He had thought of calling his old flames for rebound and a casual fling, but he knew it'd backfire and cause more trouble. Jihyun was already mad at him - this would cause a whole war. 

And that was how he ended up in the studio again at 1am on a Saturday night as he used dance as a refuge to take shelter from the pain.

Dance practice had ended an hour ago, but he stayed back to continue because he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep even if he got home. However, the tiredness was starting to sink in, and he quickly clutched onto a chair as he felt his vision blurred.

Attempting to drink a sip of water to hydrate himself, his hands went weak and the bottle fell from his hands while he held onto his head tightly as a sharp pain shot through his body. Trying to steady himself again this time, the fatigue from the past few days settled in and this time, he failed to grab onto the chair as he collapsed onto the cold wooden floor.

"Jungkook, are you leaving-" Jin called out as he opened the door to the practice room - he was worried for the younger and had come from his schedule to check on the boy, only to find him lying motionlessly in a puddle of water.

"Jungkook!" He screamed and ran towards the boy, attempting to shake him awake. "Wake up, Jeon Jungkook!" Blood drained from his face when the boy laid motionlessly on the floor while he shook him - he wasn't responding. He pulled out his phone and called the ambulance first, before sending a text message to the group chat to tell the members - there was no time to call.

With every passing minute, fear trickled like ice water through his veins as he tried to wake the younger while he remained motionless. When the ambulance finally arrived, he stayed by the bed as they rolled him away in a stretcher and entered the vehicle with him.

Sighing to himself when they finally placed a ventilator on Jungkook, he checked to see the group had been spammed with messages from the boys and just as he was about to answer, RM called again.

"What happened to Jungkook?!" He shouted into the phone and Jin drew in a stuttered breath as tears stained his face, "I don't know... I went into the practice room and wanted to ask him to come home, but when I arrived, he was already lying motionless on the floor. He wouldn't respond when I tried to shake him awake." A loud gasp was heard from the other end of the line, "We'll be right there."

"Hold on, Namjoon. Get Taehyung on the phone." Jin said and Taehyung responded, "You're on speaker."

"Ask Jihyun to get to Seoul Hospital right now." Jin said firmly and he could tell that the boy agreed with him this time. "I will."

--

Jihyun was finally having a better night in days - she had spent most of her break spending time with Junghyun in the day. They spent most of their time playing in the park while Jihyun read a book as the young girl ran around with her new friends, reading Junghyun more books, and watching movie marathons with both her mother and the young girl.

The days passed quickly, but the nights were long. She dreaded night time the most, especially after getting Junghyun ready for bed. She would spend most of her time sobbing quietly in her room over Jungkook and ignored calls and messages from everyone apart from Miyoung and Sooyoung.

The two girls were worried sick after the incident, but she reassured them everyday as they had daily Facetime calls while the girls updated her on what they were doing in New York. She had spent a few days convincing the girls that there was no need to come to Seoul to beat Jungkook up, and they had encouraged her to go back to the city. Even though a part of her wanted to go back to the Big Apple, she knew that her chapter in Seoul would remain unclosed till she gathered the courage to talk to Jungkook properly again.

She looked through the memories of their past, and even though she tried to stay away, she couldn't help but drift back to the Internet and watch videos of Jungkook - be it variety shows or performances, she felt as if she had almost watched it all. She needed something, anything that could make her feel that the love he had for her was real, because right now reality felt like a nightmare.

That night, she decided it was time to stop moping around and finally have a good night's sleep as she lit a waxed candle and curled up in her bed. She glanced at her phone to find Taehyung calling, again. She knew he was concerned and she did promise him that things wouldn't be awkward between them, but she didn't think it was right to turn to him only when she was upset - it wasn't fair that he had to be there to listen to her talk to another man when he was in love with her. That could possibly be the worst feeling ever and she didn't want to do that to Taehyung - he was too precious to her.

What she didn't expect was Taehyung's next message would shake her whole world.

"Ji, I know you don't want to talk to anyone right now, but you need to get to Seoul Hospital now. Jungkook fainted and he's on the way there, we are too. I'll see you later."

She drew in a sharp breath and fear clenched like a tight fist around her chest as panic engulfed her. She jumped out of bed immediately, merely grabbing her phone and rushing out of the house in slippers and pyjamas - there was no time to change. Running out to the main road, she hailed a nearby taxi quickly and headed to the hospital.

Please be okay, Jeon Jungkook.

She looked like a complete misfit in her mismatched outfit and shoes, but she couldn't care less about the stares, all that mattered was Jeon Jungkook.

Taehyung picked up on the first ring, and she rushed to the second floor to find the group of boys sitting on the plastic chairs outside the emergency room. They looked distressed and worried, but she had to know what happened as she ran up to Taehyung immediately to understand the situation.

"Jin found him in the practice room lying motionlessly on the floor." He said quietly and the girl turned to Jin as he continued, "Jungkook has been overworking himself too hard for the past few days, he goes to practice before the sun rises, and only leaves the next morning. It's crazy."

Jihyun could feel her heart sinking. "Ji, it's not your fault." Taehyung knew what the girl was thinking, and she merely shook her head. "I shouldn't have been so harsh..."

"You're hurt too, stop feeling guilty." Taehyung chided and Jihyun fell onto a plastic chair as she wrapped herself into a ball. She could tell that the members were concerned, but none of them said a word as they merely patted her back - they were worried about Jungkook too, and everyone was upset.

After what seemed like the longest hour of her life, the doctor finally came out of the emergency room, while everyone crowded around him. "How is he?" Suga asked and the doctor smiled, "He's okay now. He was dehydrated and tired from all the work he's been loading himself with, so we had to give him a drip - he's sleeping now because we gave him some drowsy medicine to rest his body. You can visit him, but please be quiet."

The group heaved a sigh of relief and let out a small smile while thanking the doctor.

The group arrived at the door and the members streamed in one by one. She entered carefully and stood by his bedside while looking at his serene face sleeping - she hadn't seen him for days, and truthfully, she had missed him terribly.

As the members paced up and down the room, they eventually settled down on the seats while the boy rested. The room was silent for another hour as no one spoke, and Jihyun could tell that the bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter