Chapter (8)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Thank you so much for your nice and kind words, I'm so grateful.*

____________________________________________________

 

Tina paced front and back in the small living room of Dong's apartment. After leaving the house as instructed by Baekhyun, they resolved to stay at Dong's two-room apartment since he already sold out their main house.

 

Ever since they arrived at the two-room apartment, Shi-ah didn't say a word. She was calm but extremely mad. Tina on the other hand had cried all night at the great fall from glory to nothing. She's the type that always wants to show off what she has, and at the moment she has nothing.

 

Throughout the night Tina couldn't sleep. Her mind was occupied with the thought of Byeol living a comfortable life in Baekhyun's mansion. She has always known Baekhyun to be a man of his words, and she knows that he will take extra care of Byeol since he already found out about the truth of their past.

 

She couldn't handle the shock of karma's sudden slap on her face. What happened to them was sudden, she didn't see it coming, but it was already too late to take back the hand of time because it wasn't possible to do that.

 

She kept on pacing around till she came to a halt. She held her head and screamed before making a mess of her hair. 

 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Shi-ah asked with so much anger written on her face. She had been awake all night thinking about their great fall, yet Tina doesn't want her to have some peace.

 

"Don't ask me such questions mom. If you didn't suggest we sell Byeol to Baekhyun, all this wouldn't have happened. Now, look at the predicament your greedy act has caused us." Tina frowned and Shi-ah chuckled.

 

"My greedy act you say? Weren't you in full support of it? You and I had so much interest in the money he mentioned, but now you blame me for it all. You're an ungrateful . I spent all that was remaining in my account to host your welcome back party, yet you accuse me of being greedy?"

 

"Of course, mom. I never asked you to host any party for me. Now, look at this hole we now live in." Tina slammed her fist against the wall, but Dong wasn't pleased with her abusive words towards his house.

 

He had been listening to all the nonsense Tina had been saying, he couldn't take it anymore so he decided to confront her.

 

"At least I have a house, but you don't, so keep your together and don't make any more noise in my house, else I won't hesitate to also throw you out of this house you call a hole." Dong made his words clear before making his way out of the apartment.

 

Once he was out of the house, Tina looked at her mother, she expected her to yell at Dong just as always, but unfortunately, nothing of such happened. Shi-ah simply walked back into her room without saying a word to her daughter, and Tina knew that she had to act fast.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Byeol cleared the table when they were done with breakfast, and washed the dishes. She had a smile of happiness written all over her face ever since Baekhyun handed the keys to her house back to her. 

 

She never thought she would ever be able to get back her house from Shi-ah, but Baekhyun made it all happen. Moreover, she couldn't express how glad she is, knowing that Baekhyun is now aware of the truth about the past.

 

She turned towards his direction from the kitchen and she smiled. She once considered Baekhyun to be a devil, but at the moment, she saw him as an angel sent by God to restore life and happiness to her.

 

She was about to spread out the cleaning towel when she suddenly recalled that Baekhyun didn't go to the office. She quickly spread out the towel and ran straight to Baekhyun who seemed to be busy talking on the phone.

 

She paced around, waiting for him to be done with the call and the billionaire noticed her behavior. He talked for a few seconds before ending the call. He looked at Byeol and when their eyes met she quickly lowered her eyes.

 

"What is it, Byeol?" He asked calmly as he could sense that something was bothering her.

 

"It's almost 8:am, you're still at home and not in the office. I'm afraid you forgot about it." She bit her bottom lips when she noticed that the billionaire wasn't saying anything but staring at her.

 

"I didn't forget. I'm traveling to London today, I'm leaving by 10:am. I'm staying three days, but don't worry, Rita, doctor Tiffany, doctor Kyungsoo and my best friend Jongin will always visit you to keep you company." 

 

"Oh, I see. I thought you forgot. I'm so sorry to bother you."

 

"No need to apologize, you did nothing wrong." Baekhyun smiled before getting up. "Some military bodyguard will be here to guide this house till I return, so don't be scared when they arrive, okay?"

 

"Okay." Byeol went back to her room for her morning routine. She took her bath and combed out her long hair before climbing her bed. She felt a bit sad when she thought about Baekhyun being away for three days, but at least she was extremely grateful for all he has done for her.

 

_____


 

The military bodyguard arrived and Baekhyun attended to them before getting ready to leave for the airport. He was all set for his departure when doctor Tiffany arrived, smiling as always. The billionaire realized that someone would keep Byeol company.

He bid his goodbye to Byeol and left for the airport.

 

When he was gone, Byeol felt a bit lonely. It was barely four days of her stay with him, and she's already getting used to him.

 

"What's wrong Byeol, miss him?" Tiffany asked when she noticed Byeol's long face and the younger sighed.

 

"Yes. He's so kind to me when I don't deserve it."

 

"He's like that. Baekhyun has a heart of gold that's why he saved you even when he wasn't yet aware of the truth regarding your past. And so you know, you deserve so much better than you realize. Don't worry, he will be back in three days, okay?"

 

"I know." Byeol smiled before sitting beside Tiffany. "There's something I need to talk to you about, but I'm not sure if you will believe me." 

 

"Believe you? Why would you say that?"

 

"Because it's weird. I find it weird too." 

 

"Don't worry too much, just tell me what's on your mind." Tiffany's warm smile was enough to make Byeol relax.

 

"I have a soulmate." She said in a low voice without looking away from the doctor. She was scared of how the doctor would react, and indeed she was surprised.

 

"You have a soulmate? How did you know?"

 

"He reached out to me last week and I heard from him. He told me he's my soulmate, but I don't know if someone can have a soulmate."

 

"It's very possible. I've heard of some and met a few people who have soulmates. It's just that I didn't expect you to have one, and you're already communicating. Your bond must be really strong." Tiffany looked excited and it made Byeol want to know more about what having a soulmate means.

 

"Please can you tell me more about it? I mean, what does soulmate mean?"

 

"Of course. A soulmate is a person with whom your soul connects on a level so deep that it is completely unexplainable until experienced. It is like your twin, a reflection of yourself, someone that will hold your hand and walk with you in darkness. Your soulmate makes you proud in every way, they complete you and you will feel it." Tiffany explained in detail and Byeol was speechless.

 

"That's amazing."

 

"Yes, it is." Tiffany wanted to caress Byeol's face, but she quickly stopped herself. "Is your soulmate nice to you?"

 

"Yes. He's very kind and considerate. Although I've not met him in real life, I can feel that he's a nice person."

 

"I see. Is Baekhyun aware of this?"

 

"No, I didn't tell him because it has nothing to do with him. Besides I don't want to bother him, he has done so much for me already." Byeol sighed and got up to get water from the fridge, but she stopped halfway to look at Tiffany.

 

"Should I get you water or juice?"

 

"Don't worry about that. I will be on my way soon. I stopped by to give you some supplements to boost your immune system." The doctor dropped the white bag on the table. She stood up and walked over to Byeol.

 

"I would have stayed longer, but I have some job to attend to at the hospital. I will check on you later this evening if I'm free, okay?"

 

"It's fine. Please don't stress yourself coming to see me this evening. I will be fine, I promise." She smiled, giving the doctor her words.

 

"Alright then. I will be here with doctor Kyungsoo tomorrow, and I promise to stay longer with you. Take care of yourself and make sure you rest properly."

 

"I will." Byeol smiled before seeing Tiffany off to the gate. She decided to stroll around the compound for a while to receive some fresh air. 

 

She took her time to go round the huge mansion, and she discovered that it was so beautiful and decorated. The whole place looked so expensive, she couldn't imagine how much Baekhyun had invested in building such a beautiful mansion.

 

After spending some quality time walking around the mansion, she headed back inside. It was lonely and it felt scary being alone in the house, mostly since she had no phone to reach anyone.

 

She decided to watch television for a while, she took i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter