Chapter (14)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                 (Chapter 14)

 

When they arrived in London by 4:30 am, Byeol and Baekhyun were both tired. The twelve hours, thirty minutes flight had made them so exhausted. 

 

Baekhyun had called his driver to pick him up at the airport and in less than five minutes, a gray Mercedes Benz s class drove down to the direction Baekhyun had given and a young man stepped out of the car. He smiled before walking over to Baekhyun and Byeol.

 

"Good morning boss, it's nice to see you." The man was excited and Baekhyun simply smiled before returning his greeting. 

 

"Morning Nick. It's nice to see you as well. I hope sister Myung is around?"

 

"Yes boss, and she even prepared your favorite meal." The man said before looking at Byeol who seemed to be staring at him.

 

"Oh my God! She's very beautiful. Who's this angel?"

 

"Her name is Byeol. There will be a proper introduction when we get home and rest properly. So please take us home first, please." The billionaire sounded tired and Nick nodded in understanding. 

 

Once they were seated, the man drove off, and the ride lasted for about an hour before they arrived at Baekhyun's mansion. 

 

Byeol was tired and sleepy, but when she saw the beauty of the mansion, dropped open. She looked at Baekhyun and before she could say a word, the billionaire had already sent her a warm smile and led her into the living room of the mansion.

 

"Welcome to my little humble home." He said and Byeol shook her head in correction to his words.

 

"This isn't little, it's huge and very beautiful!"

 

"Do you like it?"

 

"I love it, but I'm so tired and sleepy."

 

"I know you are. Sit here, I will get you a glass of water." Baekhyun said and went to the kitchen, but before he could return, Byeol was already sleeping on the couch.

 

That notwithstanding, he woke her up and gave her the water before carrying her upstairs and to his room. It's her first time visiting, it would be scary if she woke up and found herself in a room she's not used to.

 

He decided that sleeping in his room would be more comfortable for Byeol. He laid her on his bed before joining her. The bed was as big as the one in Seoul and also comfortable.

 

The billionaire was extremely satisfied seeing Byeol sleeping next to him. He covered her with the duvet before pulling her closer to himself. 

 

__________

 

When the day was brighter, the billionaire was the first to wake up. He wasn't surprised seeing that his soulmate was still sound asleep. 

 

He picked up his phone to call his parents, but he decided to let it be since he would be going over to visit them. He also saw his sister's missed calls, but he smiled over it and dropped his phone before heading for the living room.

 

"Good morning Baekhyun, it's been a while." The caretaker, Myung greeted with a grin and Baekhyun simply smiled at her.

 

The billionaire had known Myung for over five years. He entrusted his mansion to her, and she does her job professionally.  Although he hardly lives in London, Myung made sure his property is well taken care of. 

 

Aside from being his caretaker, Baekhyun has so much respect for her because of her kind heart and good deeds that he refers to her as a sister. He sees her as his mom because she's way older than him. He made sure she and her family never lacked because of her good deeds and that of her family members.

 

"Good morning sister Myung. How are your husband, little Sam, and you as well?"

 

"We're all fine, thank you. When Nick told me that you called her regarding your coming, I was so excited, and here you are.  We missed you so much."

 

"I missed you all as well. Where is Nick?"

 

"I'm here boss." The young man jumped out from the kitchen with a grin on his face and Baekhyun smiled.

 

"You sure haven't changed a bit. Go get what I brought for you and sister Myung, it's in the car. Also, get the car ready, I will be going out by 11 am this morning, okay?"

 

"Thank you so much, boss. I do just that." He turned around to leave, but he suddenly stopped and faced Baekhyun.

 

"Are you going with the beautiful angel?" Nick asked, obviously curious, but his elder sister Myung hit him on the head to make him shut up, but the young man frowned at her.

 

"Why do you always hit me on the head? I'm not a kid anymore, but twenty-two years old."

 

"Really? You think you're now a full-grown man because you're now twenty-two years old, right?"

 

"Of course sister. Besides, I was just asking about the beautiful lady."

 

"You shut up!" Myung hit him again and the billionaire shook his head at their childish behavior before sitting down on the couch. He thought it was right he told Myung and Nick about Byeol's condition to prevent the unexpected.

 

"Her name is Byeol, and she's not going with me due to her condition."

 

"Condition? Is she pregnant?" 

 

"Nick! Mind your words." Myung yelled at her brother with a glare following and the young man quickly bowed his head.

 

"I'm sorry boss, I shouldn't have asked about such sensitive things." He looked sad with a long face and Baekhyun chuckled at his childish behavior.

 

"Don't be sad Nick, I'm not angry." He looked at Myung and smiled.

 

"Don't be mad with him, he's young and full of curiosity. I was like that when I was around his age as well."

 

"Thank you for your kind heart. But I'm still worried and curious. You made mention Byeol's condition. Is she okay?"

 

"Byeol is fine, but she's suffering from haphephobia." The smile on Baekhyun's face disappeared the moment he said the word. Myung and Nick opened their mouths in shock as they couldn't believe what Baekhyun said a few seconds ago.

 

"Oh my God. How did all this happen? Is she going to be okay?" Myung asked, she was almost crying and Baekhyun sighed.

 

"She will. It's difficult because she has to face her fears, but I have full faith in her, and I know she will recover from it. I am the only one whose touch she doesn't react to, that's why I must protect her at any cost."

 

"Poor Byeol. I won't make her uncomfortable, I will make sure she's so happy during her stay here." Nick said with tears in his eyes and Baekhyun sighed

 

"You've grown up to be a sensible young man." The billionaire smiled before looking at Myung.

 

"You're my family, so please take care of her till I get back. Don't hesitate to call me if anything goes wrong."

 

"Alright boss, we will do exactly that," Myung assured him.

 

"Thank you. Please set the table for breakfast, I will be back shortly." He left the living room and went back to his room for his morning routine.

 

______________


 

The sound of the running water woke Byeol up. She blinked her eyes several times as she tried to recognize the strange room. It indeed took her about a minute before she remembered that she's in Baekhyun's mansion in London.

 

She sat up and turned towards the bathroom door, but she suddenly realized that it was Baekhyun in the shower, and she smiled. She lay back on the bed and shut her eyes, but she suddenly thought about her soulmate, and she decided to reach out to him.

 

*Hey Hyun. How have you been?*

 

The billionaire smiled at the call. He was already done bathing, but he decided to dress up in the bathroom since Byeol was already awake.

 

*Hello Byeol, I'm doing fine, you?*   *I'm perfectly fine. My master is taking good care of me. He's such a kind-hearted man with a heart of gold.*   *That's great. I'm glad you're doing fine and in good health.*   *Thank you. I'm in London now with him, and I would like to see him. Are you I'm London now?*   *Yes, I'm in London but so busy. Maybe we'll see some other time.*   *Oh, it's fine. I wanted to see my soulmate, but I guess next time.*

 

Baekhyun felt bad. He hated himself for lying to her, but there was no other choice. He wants her to recover first before revealing the truth to her.

 

*I'm very sorry dear, please forgive me.*   *Please don't apologize, I know that you're busy and I understand. Please don't apologize for anything.*   *Thank you, Byeol.*   *You're welcome. I have to go now, bye.*   *Bye dear.*

 

Baekhyun sighed deeply. He wanted to tell Byeol that he's her soulmate, but he couldn't bring himself to reveal the truth just yet. 

He was already done wearing his clothes, he dried his hair before stepping out of the bathroom, and his eyes met with that of Byeol.

 

"Good morning." She smiled and the billionaire walked over to her and sat beside her.

 

"Good morning dear. Slept well?"

 

"Yes, I did."

 

"That's good. Freshen up and join me in the living room for breakfast." Baekhyun stood up to leave, but Byeol held his hand, preventing him from moving.

 

Baekhyun looked at her, he saw gladness, and excitement in her eyes. He smiled and caressed her hand with his other hand.

 

"What is it?" He asked softly and while looking at her with admiration in his eyes.

 

"Thank you for everything you've done for me. I know that words are not enough to show my appreciation, but thank you so much." Her words were so genuine and they went deep down into the billionaire's heart.

 

In all his years of living, he hasn't seen a person so truthful, grateful, kind-hearted, and pure. He smiled and caressed her face gently.

 

"You deserve more. Now go freshen up and come to the living room for breakfast."

 

"Okay." She let go of Baekhyun's hand and the billionaire walked away. 

 

___________

 

Baekhyun was already set and ready to leave to visit his parents. He told Myung and Nick to take proper care of Byeol while he's away. He wasn't scared of leaving Byeol with Myung and her brother. He knew that she would be safe with them.

 

After waving goodbye to Byeol, Baekhyun left for his parent's mansion. The ride was very far, but he was excited. He couldn't wait to tell his parents and sister the whole truth about Byeol. The thought of everything gave him joy that he would always end up smiling.

 

When Baekhyun arrived at the mansion, the gateman was delighted to see him. The billionaire stepped out of the car while holding bags containing the gifts he bought for his parents and younger sister, but first, he gave the gateman his present.

 

He made his way into the main entrance of the living room. He was about to call out to his parents when he saw Tina drinking a glass of red wine with her mother.

 

Baekhyun was taken aback at the sight in front of him. He thought maybe he was seeing things, he thought everything going on at the moment was nothing but an illusion. 

 

He couldn't believe his eyes, and the next he felt was burning anger and hatred. He walked further into the living room and his sister Yeri sighted him and she smiled.

 

"Good morning big brother!" She rushed over to him and hugged him, but Baekhyun looked at her and she saw nothing but pure anger in his eyes.

 

"What are the demons themselves doing here?" He asked in a tone Yeri had never heard before.

 

"It's a long story. I called you several times to tell you that, but you didn't pick my calls."

 

"Where are mom and dad?"

 

"I'm right here son," Yoo-ran said while walking out of the kitchen, and immediately, Tina and her mother turned towards Baekhyun and they smiled.

 

Tina quickly got up and rushed towards Baekhyun and hugged him, but the billionaire angrily pushed her away before sending a sound slap to her right cheek.

 

Mr. Byun Min-joon who was coming out from his room saw the way his son slapped Tina and he frowned.

 

"What is this nonsense you're doing, Baekhyun?" The man asked and Baekhyun looked at his father with bloodshot eyes.

 

"This isn't nonsense dad. I should have arrested these heartless evil people a long time ago." There was so much hatred in the way he spoke and Min-Joon knew that there was more to the story told earlier, but before he could speak, his wife already cut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter