Chapter (3)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byeol flinched when she saw the face of the man she kissed and she stepped backward before lowering her eyes.

 

"It was a mistake on both sides, don't take it to heart." She folded her fist and frowned before walking away.

 

Baekhyun felt his blood getting hot. He was so pissed at what had happened. He couldn't believe that he just kissed Byeol, the person he hates the most in the world. The very person that got him expelled during his last year in high school.

 

"Dammit!" Baekhyun wiped his mouth with the back of his hand before joining Jongin on the sofa.

 

On seeing his friend, Jongin could tell that the billionaire was greatly upset. He gently tapped him on the hand to get his attention.

 

"What's wrong? Why are you this pissed?"

 

"I saw that , Byeol and we accidentally kissed." Baekhyun slammed his fist on his lap as he felt his anger running through his veins.

 

He thought his path would never cross with Byeol after what she did to him during his last year in high school. Seeing her again after many years made him mad, what's worse was that they even kissed.

 

"Gross." Baekhyun shook his head as he tried to get the thought of his mind, but it was an epic fail.

 

"So she was the one I saw earlier," Jongin muttered before looking at his best friend.

 

"You have to calm down. I know that Byeol wronged you in the past, but please let bygones be bygones and move on." Jongin said what he thought was right but Baekhyun frowned.

 

"Move on? Did you just say move on? I was ing defamed, accused, and expelled from school because of that . She framed me up yet you look me in the eyes and ask me to forget about it and move on?" Baekhyun shook his head in disagreement.

 

"I will make her pay. She will go through the humiliation and shame I went through double times. I will make her regret her pathetic existence." The billionaire's mind was fixed and Jongin decided to quit talking. He has been with Baekhyun since childhood, no one can talk him out of something when he is determined to do it.

 

"I will be right back." Baekhyun excused himself to be with Tina, and when the woman saw him, she smiled before trying to kiss him, but he simply ended her romance fantasy before I even started.

 

"Sorry Tina, not in the mood for this at the moment." He said and Tina noticed that he was upset.

 

"What's wrong? You look angry." She caressed his chest to calm him down, at the same time she was scared and worried about the sudden anger. She seriously hoped Byeol hadn't told Baekhyun that she's been maltreated and made a slave in her own father's house.

 

She looked around in search of the slave, and she sighted the poor girl staring at into nothingness. Tina sighed before looking at Baekhyun but the billionaire was already staring at her.

 

"Why did you invite me to this party when you know how much I hate Byeol? You knew she was going to work here, yet you still hired her, why?" Baekhyun looked extremely mad and Tina realized that the billionaire still hates Byeol as much as before or even more.

 

She looked at the slave and smirked as she thought about an amazing plan. A plan that would make Baekhyun's hatred for Byeol grow like wildfire.

 

"I'm so sorry my love. The truth is that I didn't hire her, she's my stepsister. Ever since she lost both parents to death, we have been the ones taking care of her. My mother loves her so much and I also love her as well. She's younger than I am, so I always take good care of her and treat her like a princess. However, she doesn't see my mother and me like family. Ever since her late father got remarried to my mother, she never accepted us up until now. She always loves pretending to people that she's suffering, that we're maltreating her, but that's all a means to gain sympathy. Tonight she's deliberately doing the same thing over again." 

 

Tina sighed and Baekhyun frowned in anger. He looked at Byeol one last time before turning to Tina. 

 

"I see. Well, I have to leave now, I have urgent issues I have to take care of and I honestly don't want to see that . See you tomorrow." Baekhyun smiled before hugging Tina and he made his water back to his seat.

 

"Let's get going, I'm done with this party that brings back unwanted memories." 

 

"Sure. I see no reason for hosting this party in the first place." Jongin and the billionaire headed out of the house and Shi-ah witnessed the anger looming around him.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

After the party was over, Shi-ah went straight to her daughter to make inquiries about Baekhyun leaving the party before it ended.

 

When she entered Tina's room, she saw her daughter cleaning off her makeup, more so, she looked so relaxed and happy.

 

"What could be the reason behind your happiness when your fiancé couldn't even wait till the closing of the party?" Shi-ah asked in a bit of a disappointed tone, but the chuckle from Tina made her raise a brow at the young woman.

 

"What's so funny? Is there something you're not telling me?" 

 

"Yes, mom. I was about to come to your room to give you exciting news, but since you're here, I guess I should disclose the good news."

 

"Well go on, I'm all ears." 

 

"Baekhyun met with that worthless Byeol at the party, and it made him so mad. He couldn't stand her presence, that was why he left the party, but he promised to visit me tomorrow." Tina giggled at the thought of Baekhyun coming over, but her excitement was cut short when her mother shook her head in disagreement.

 

"What's wrong mother?"

 

"What's wrong? Are you asking me what's wrong? Don't tell me all this excitement is because Baekhyun was angry when he saw her and you thought all is going well."

 

"Of course mom, that's it."

 

"Oh please Tina, don't be a fool. Don't you think he might have found out that we are maltreating Byeol and he got angry and left?" Shi-ah asked and she looked worried, but her daughter smiled and shook her head.

 

"That was exactly what I had thought, but when he referred to the past, then I knew that his hatred for Byeol was real. I stole the chance to ruin her image of him. I told him that she's an ungrateful person who always pretends to be suffering just to make us look bad despite all we've done for her and he bought it immediately due to what happened in the past."

 

"Wow! You're indeed your mother's daughter. You're clever and smart and I'm so proud of you." She caressed Tina's face while smiling in joy, but then she was just too curious to know what happened between Byeol and Baekhyun in the past that would make him hate her so much.

 

"Regarding their past, do you have any idea about it?" 

 

"Of course mom. I'm the mastermind behind it all, so I know everything that happened. Are you interested

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter