Chapter (13)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They did a lot of shopping and afterward, the billionaire took Byeol to one of his eateries. 

 

She ate whatever she wanted as Baekhyun had instructed, and the sight gave him immense joy. He had always wanted Byeol to feel at ease, seeing her relaxed and happy was enough for him.

 

That evening when they got home, Byeol was extremely tired. She wasn't able to even unpack what they shopped. She sat on the couch to relax for a bit, but she ended up falling asleep.

 

Baekhyun was still lively and full of life, the outing was nothing compared to his hectic business life. He smiled when he saw Byeol sleeping like a baby on the couch. 

 

He took off his shoes before dropping his phone on the glass table in the middle of the living room. He was about carrying when Jongin walked into the living room and his countenance was scary.

 

Seeing how pissed his friend was, Baekhyun decided to lay his soulmate properly on the couch before walking over to his friend.

 

"Hey man, why the long face? What's wrong?"

 

"The man who poisoned your drink is Dong. The waiter from the party in London sketched him and it was Dong. That son of a !" Jongin yelled. He was extremely pissed knowing that the man that almost killed his friend was that disgusting Dong.

 

Baekhyun said nothing after hearing the news. He was shocked knowing that Tina and her family were the ones after his life. He lowered his head and sat beside Byeol before looking at his best friend.

 

"They've crossed the line. I didn't send them to jail because of the good deeds they did by saving my mother's life, but now, I will make sure they pay for all their evil deeds. You relax and calm down, I will handle this."

 

Baekhyun assured his friend, but Jongin frowned before sitting opposite his friend. He looked at Byeol before looking at the billionaire.

 

"She must be tired after shopping today."

 

"Of course she is. But how did you know that we went shopping?"

 

"The news. Where else would I get such important information." Jongin managed a smile before looking away from Byeol.

 

"I know you won't let Dong off so easily, but it would be best if you increase your security and also inform your family about this at once."

 

"I will. I'm planning on traveling back to London tomorrow to see them, then I will tell them everything in detail."

 

"What about your soulmate? Are you planning on leaving her behind again?"

 

"Not at all. I'm going with her, but I'm not taking her with me to see my parents. They might get irritated if they recognize her before I get the chance to explain all that happened in the past. I will surely take her with me to London, but she will be living with me in my mansion." The billionaire's face was graced with a smile as he thought about Byeol.

 

Seeing that smile, Jongin smiled. He was glad that Baekhyun cared a lot about Byeol. He stood up, glanced at Byeol again before looking at Baekhyun.

 

"You look tired, you should rest as well. Good night my friend." He was about to leave when it began to rain heavily. He stood beside the main door staring at the dark clouds, but Baekhyun wrapped his hands around his shoulder before patting his back to get his attention.

 

"Seems you will be spending the night here. You know you can't drive at night when it's raining." Baekhyun said happily to his best friend and Jongin smiled in return.

 

"You're right. But don't complain if you wake up and see me eating those yummy goodies you got from the mall today."

 

"You're free to eat as many as you want, but leave some for Byeol." Baekhyun walked over to his soulmate and carried her. "I will quickly lay her in her room and join you here shortly." Baekhyun walked away and Jongin sighed before sitting back down on the couch.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒

 

"That's the witch I told you about mom. Baekhyun even closed his biggest mall for a whole day just because of her. She's a terrible person." Tina cried bitterly. She was extremely hurt seeing Baekhyun and Byeol together.

 

It has been two days since they arrived at Baekhyun's parent's house. Shi-ah handled everything as she had intended to. She lied, she turned the table against Byeol, and lucky for them, Baekhyun's mother Yoo-ran believed all their lies immediately. 

 

Ever since Baekhyun got expelled from high school, Yoo-ran had always thought of having her revenge on Byeol and her family for ruining her son's name. She had so much hatred for Byeol, and when Shi-ah lied to her that Byeol is a witch who had bewitched Baekhyun into believing that everything that happened in the past was her daughter, Tina's fault and doing.

 

When You-ran heard about that, she couldn't control her anger. She tried calling Baekhyun many times, but the billionaire never picked up her calls.

 

"Don't cry Tina, my dear, Baekhyun will surely be yours. I will make sure that witch gets the punishment every witch deserves." 

 

"But he won't agree. He hates me so much, he doesn't even want to see me. At this point, my sight irritates him. How are you going to make him come back to me?"

 

"Don't worry my dear child. He's my son, he won't go against me for any reason. I will make sure he gets married to you, you don't worry about anything." Yoo-ran promised and Tina nodded before looking at her mother with a smirk on her lips.

 

When Baekhyun's mother left the living room to call her son, Tina ran to her mother and hugged her. 

 

"I thought I've lost Baekhyun, but now he will come running to me because he can't go against his mother for any reason."

 

"Of course my dear. Yoo-ran already hates Byeol and that's to our advantage. Baekhyun is a loyal son, he will never go against his mother's words for any reason. Let's just wait and watch how Yoo-ran does all our work for us." Shi-ah caressed her daughter's face, but she quickly pretended to be heartbroken and sad when she saw Yoo-ran coming back to the living room.

 

"Baekhyun is coming tomorrow, so I didn't bother to tell him anything on the phone. When he gets here, I will set things right and make sure he gets married to our dear Tina. She was so selfless when she saved my life. If she wasn't around back then, I would've been long dead, but she saved me from that accident and even gave me three pints of blood without even knowing who I was." Yoo-ran caressed Tina's hair as she felt proud and lucky to have a blessing in her life.

 

"As I said, your mansion will be given back to you by my son. Since he took it from you because of that witch, I will make sure he gives it back to you. As for that Byeol, I will make sure she suffers for making your family go through pains. You just wait and see."

 

"Who do you intend to put through such trauma?" Baekhyun's father Min-Joon asked. He had overheard his wife speaking with so much anger and he was curious, so he decided to ask his wife.

 

Yoo-ran looked at her husband, but her frown remained on her face. 

"Do you remember Wang Byeol? The fool that framed our son up back in his high school that he got expelled."

 

"Of course, I remember the poor girl. What about her?" The man looked concerned and it angered Yoo-ran seeing that look of compassion written all over his face.

 

"Why do I have the feeling that you don't hate that fool?"

 

"She's not a fool and I don't hate her. She went through a lot back then, why do you still hate her so much?"

 

"That's because she almost ruined our son's life and now she's back to destroy his life."

 

"She's back? What do you mean?" Min-Joon asked. He was curious and wanted to understand his wife better.

 

"That witch Wang Byeol is back in our son's life, by turning the table against her stepmother Shi-ah and our soon-to-be daughter-in-law, Tina. Can you believe that she lied that it was Tina that kidnapped her and posted her nudes on the internet using Baekhyun's phone? She had the gut to bewitch our son, and she's now living with him. Can you believe that yesterday Baekhyun closed his biggest mall in Seoul just so Byeol could shop? This is so strange. My Baekhyun would never do that for anyone, not even Tina, so why did he do it for Byeol?"

 

Min-Joon was shocked hearing everything, however, he refused to jump to conclusions. He looked at Shi-ah and Tina for a while and he looked away without saying a word to them.

 

"I find this very strange to believe. Baekhyun would never close down his mall for a whole day just for someone to shop. There must be a reason behind his actions. Besides Baekhyun had always hated that girl, so why on earth would he let her stay with him?" Min-Joon shook his head as he couldn't believe the story told to him.

 

"I think we should wait to hear from Baekhyun's side of the story first. That's all I have to say for now." 

 

"Really? Are you trying to say that Shi-ah, our in-law is lying? Why would she lie about something so sensitive?"

 

"I never said that, but still, let's wait to hear from Baekhyun's side of the story. That man is wise and full of wisdom. He would never let someone he hates live with him for no reason, nor would he close down his mall for a whole day just so Byeol could shop. There must be a reason for that. He called me a few minutes ago, he will be coming over tomorrow, so till then, I advise w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter