Chapter (18)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun stared at his soulmate on the bed. He had already regained consciousness while Byeol was still unconscious.

 

Kyungsoo and Tiffany had tried all they could over the past seven hours, but couldn't help her. It was beyond their ability. All they could do was wait till she regained consciousness. 

 

The billionaire felt sad and broken. He couldn't bear the painful truth that his mother was the one that brought unbearable pain to an innocent person. 

 

He had promised Byeol that he would protect her, but he couldn't protect her from his own family. His mother. He stared at the most important person in his life with guilt in his eyes. His heart was heavy with pain and he refused to speak to anyone for the past seven hours.

 

"I'm very sorry, son. I had no intention for this unfortunate incident to happen. I thought Byeol was lying and pretending to be someone she's not. I didn't realize that I was doing the wrong thing. I'm so sorry, please." Yoo-ran felt like the devil. She felt low and she hated herself for hurting an innocent girl, and she wished to set things right.

 

However, it was too late to do so. Baekhyun stood upon hearing her voice and he looked at her with eyes filled with anger, pain, and deep sorrow.

 

"You're sorry you say? Will your so-called sorry make my Byeol better? I begged you, mom, I begged you and promised to tell you everything about Byeol this evening, but little did I know that you had an evil plan in mind."

 

"I was tricked. Shi-ah and Tina said that Byeol had bewitched you and I fell for it. You know I would never hurt anyone, I was tricked." Yoo-ran was in tears and so was Baekhyun. He was so broken that he didn't notice that his dear soulmate had just opened her eyes.

 

"You were tricked you say. I told you from the very start that they were evil and heartless, but you chose to believe them rather than believing your son and ended up causing pain to the woman I love more than life. My soulmate, my better half. She doesn't react to my touch because we're soulmates, bonded soulmates with a pure strong connection. Byeol is the purest person I've ever seen, she can never hurt anyone, she was so happy when I told her that you were coming with dad, and she quickly baked the delicious muffins you ate, yet you didn't think twice before hurting her." 

 

Baekhyun had so many tears running down his eyes. The thought of Byeol pleading helplessly was killing him. 

 

"I begged you not to hurt my beloved, but you did hurt her to the extreme. I can't send you away and I can't stay here with you either. I will take my soulmate with me to a place where no one can ever hurt her, not even my mother." Baekhyun turned around to look at Byeol, but he saw her looking at him with sad eyes filled with tears.

 

The billionaire was also in tears and seeing her so sad and crying was like a million daggers being stabbed into his chest.

 

He walked over to her and sat with her on the bed. He wanted to touch her, but he was scared of making her condition worse.

 

"I'm so sorry Byeol. I'm so sorry for leaving you all by yourself at home. I'm so sorry for the evil deed of my mother. I'm so sorry for not keeping to the promise I made to you." Baekhyun sniffed, more tears rolled down his eyes as he looked at the woman he cherished more than anything.

 

"I couldn't protect you and for that, I'm extremely sorry." Baekhyun lowered his head as he cried bitterly for the first time in his life.

 

Byeol sat up and got closer to Baekhyun. She knew he was hurting, and seeing him in such a state broke her tender heart.

 

She wrapped her hands around him and hugged him. "It's not your fault Baekhyun. I don't blame you so please don't blame yourself. Please stop crying and embrace me in your arms." Byeol's voice was slightly above a whisper, but the billionaire heard it loud and clear. 

 

He gently pulled away from Byeol's embrace and looked her in the eyes. His looks we're soft and filled with so much love.

 

"I'm so sorry." He muttered in tears and he pulled her gently to his chest and embraced her. "I'm so sorry Byeol. From today I promise to protect you even if it costs me going against the world. I will go to any extent to protect you and make sure you're safe and happy."

 

"I know you will. You're a good person and so are our mother and father. Please don't be angry with your mother, please forgive her." Byeol said, but Baekhyun said nothing. He caressed her back for a while before getting up.

 

He picked up his car keys, his phone, and Byeol's also, and he went back to Byeol and carried her in bridal style.

 

"This environment is not safe and healthy for you anymore. I will take you to a place where only the two of us will leave till you're perfectly whole again." He kissed her forehead and walked closer to his mother and halted.

 

"I can't arrest you for what you've done because you're my mother, but I will distance myself from you. However, I will make sure Shi-ah, Tina, and those bastards that did this to Byeol suffer greatly." 

 

Baekhyun walked away after making his point clear. He went to the living room and bowed to his father who seemed to be upset about what his wife had done.

 

"I will leave now. Byeol isn't in good shape.  Although she's awake, I can feel that she's not herself and I can also feel her fears. I have to take her away from here to where she will be safe and whole again. Please look after mom and take care of yourself dad." Baekhyun bowed again before walking away.

 

Min-Joon didn't bother to stop him nor did he bother to go closer to Byeol. He understood her condition and the state she was in and he kept his distance from her.

 

Baekhyun sat her in the back seat and he caressed her face. "Are you okay?"

 

"No. I'm scared." She wrapped her hands around her body as if she was protecting herself from danger or someone.

 

"I'm so sorry Byeol. I promise I will make it better. It's evening now and the city will be bright and beautiful. No one will bother you, okay?"

 

"Okay. But can I sit in front next to you? Please."

 

"You don't have to say please," Baekhyun said softly before helping her to sit comfortably in the front seat and he drove off.


 

________________


 

Baekhyun had already called the lady in charge of his private apartment when Byeol was still unconscious, and he instructed her on what to do before his arrival.

 

After a long ride, they arrived at the secluded apartment. It was far away from the city, but it wasn't just any apartment as Baekhyun had told Byeol. It was a luxury villa with expensive exterior designs and decorations.

 

The beauty of the villa could be seen clearly at night and Byeol was fascinated by the extraordinary beauty in front of her.

 

"Is this a hotel?" She asked, her curiosity was overwhelming her that she couldn't keep silent.

 

"No, it belongs to my future wife and me. I built this villa especially for that purpose." The billionaire replied and Byeol nodded in understanding.

 

However, Baekhyun could see how sad she suddenly became when he said it's for his future wife and he felt glad knowing that she loves him.

 

"It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter