Chapter (25)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sena is the mastermind," Kyungsoo muttered and staggered on his feet, but Jongin was quick to hold him. 

 

He had always had his eyes on Kyungsoo, monitoring his every move, and that distracted him from paying attention to the voice recording.

 

He looked at Kyungsoo with questioning eyes, he could barely grasp what was going on until he heard the voice recording again. This time around Yeri was the one that replayed it just to be sure and that was when Jongin heard it loud and clear.

 

He was shocked. He couldn't believe what he just heard. Sena mentioned her name clearly, and her voice was the same voice they all know. He looked at Kyungsoo, but the doctor lowered his head in shame and regret.

 

"It's all my fault. I told her about our plan. I exposed our secret to the enemy because I thought she was a good person. Because of me, the bad guys escaped. Dong almost killed Baekhyun and that's all because of me." The doctor felt like dying at that very moment. He felt so ashamed that he couldn't even look anyone in the eyes.

 

He moved away from Jongin and made his way to the door in an attempt to exit the mansion. He couldn't stay there anymore, he wanted to leave immediately, but Baekhyun held his hand before he could successfully leave.

 

"This isn't your fault, Kyungsoo. You two are married and married couples share secrets just like Byeol and me. How could you have known that she was evil all along? You did nothing wrong, so stop blaming yourself and relax. As it is, you're already very sick, and stressing yourself is the last thing your body needs." Baekhyun said, and Jongin heard it.

 

"Kyungsoo is sick?" The CEO suddenly asked, and he looked very serious and alerted.

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun looked at each other after realizing that Jongin had heard them and the doctor sighed. He nodded his head as approval for Baekhyun to tell Jongin the truth, and Baekhyun sighed.

 

"The truth is that Kyungsoo is sick with a stage four brain tumor, and he has only a few weeks left to live." Baekhyun felt cold all over his body when he broke the terrible news and Jongin staggered. He couldn't believe what he just heard and he shook his head as he refused to accept what Baekhyun said.

 

"T-Tell me this isn't true? T-Tell me you're joking." Jongin tried to put himself together, but it was not working, and seeing Jongin in such a state broke him completely. It shattered him.

 

"It's true, Jongin. I'm sick, I'm dying and it's too late for surgery, so please just accept it, and let's think about Sena and the enemies." Kyungsoo tried to sound calm despite it hurting him knowing that he's about to die soon.

 

Jongin felt tears welling in his eyes. He started putting things together, and he began to recall why Kyungsoo was so on about having little time left, why he looked so pale, why he was always sleeping all the time, why he was always dizzy. Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and shook his head. He doesn't want to accept it at all.

 

"No, no. You're not going to die Kyungsoo, I will make sure I do all in my power to save you. I promise you." He was already in tears, but Kyungsoo held his hand and shook his head.

 

"It's way too late Jongin. Please accept it and make peace with it." The doctor said calmly, but Jongin angrily pulled his hand away from Kyungsoo's hold and he stood up angrily.

 

"I won't accept it nor will I make peace with it. I just told you that I will do all in my power to make sure you stay alive with me, with us, and that's final!" Jongin yelled. He couldn't accept it and that was exactly what Kyungsoo feared the most.

 

"Why? Why do you want to save me so much when the chances of me surviving are zero. Why do you care so much about me?"

 

"That's because you're my friend, a friend I've grown to love like my family. I can't let you die, I won't, so stop saying such nonsense of you dying soon because it will never happen." Jongin made his words loud and clear. 

 

He picked up his phone and called a doctor he knows too well, and when he was done with the call, he looked at Kyungsoo who already had tears in his eyes and he sighed.

 

"I just called my family doctor, he will be here tomorrow morning." He wiped his tears away before looking at Baekhyun and everyone in the living room.

 

"As for that Sena, we will give her a taste of her own medicine. Let's play along with her . Let her believe that we still know nothing, and then we'll give her the heaviest blow of her ing life. Who's with me on this?" Jongin asked and everyone gave him their support, but Baekhyun walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder.

 

"You stole the plan off my mouth. Dude." Baekhyun had a smile on his face and Jongin managed to let out a small smile.

 

"Sorry about that bro." 

 

"It's fine and amazing. You guys can spend the night here since your doctor is coming tomorrow morning." 

 

"That's great," Jongin said and he took the voice recording with him to use it at the right time.

 

That night Jongin was all by himself. He kept on thinking about Kyungsoo and his chances of surviving despite knowing that the chances for him to survive are zero. However, he refused to give up on Kyungsoo. He made a promise to the doctor and he will surely carry it out.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Everyone was already in the living room awaiting the arrival of the doctor Jongin had called the previous day.

 

The doorbell went off and Yeri quickly opened the door, but she screamed in excitement on seeing their old family doctor, Dr. Kwon, and he embraced the man happily.

 

"Yeri, look at you! You've grown up into a very beautiful young woman." The older man caressed her head before they both made their way into the living room.

 

Yoo-ran, Min-Joon, and Baekhyun were extremely excited to see their old family doctor, and they all welcomed him warmly, but Kyungsoo's eyes doubled in size when he saw the man.

 

"You're welcome, Dr. Kwon. I didn't know you and the Byun family are well familiar with each other." Jongin said and the doctor smiled, but his eyes fell on Kyungsoo and his eyes also doubled in size.

 

"Kyungsoo, what are you doing here?" Dr. Kwon asked and Kyungsoo sighed before getting up to hug the older man.

 

"Good morning, father." He greeted and it came as a shock to everyone.

 

"Father? Kyungsoo is your son?" Jongin asked and Kwon nodded after parting from the hug.

 

"Yes Jongin, Kyungsoo is my dear son, but I don't know why he's here, and he looks so pale. What's going on?" Kwon carefully observed his son, but Kyungsoo sighed and sat down on the couch. At this point, he knew that his father would surely find out about his sickness.

 

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo sadly before walking over to Dr. Kwon and he sighed. "The person suffering from stage four brain tumor is Kyungsoo." Jongin bowed his head sadly after breaking the bad news, and Kwon said nothing. He stood like a robot while staring at his son.

 

"Is this true, Kyungsoo?" The man asked in a low tone and Kyungsoo nodded slowly.

 

"Yes dad, it's true."

 

"And why didn't you tell me? Why did you keep me in the dark? Do you hate me so much that you prefer to die rather than tell me about your sickness?" The man had tears in his eyes and Kyungsoo sighed.

 

"Why would I hate you? You're my father, so I could never hate you."

 

"Then why didn't you tell me about this serious issue on time? Are you still angry with me because I forcefully got you married to Sena? Is that why you want to punish me so harshly by dying?" 

 

"No, father, that's not the reason."

 

"Then what's the reason! Tell me why you kept me in the dark? Tell me why you did that, I demand to know the truth." The man yelled in frustration and Kyungsoo got pissed and he stood up.

 

"Please stop father. Just stop. I've tried so hard to put all you did to me behind me and move on, but don't expect me to be the Kyungsoo you once knew. The Kyungsoo that loves his father so much and would always run to you and share my problems because that will never happen. You stand in front of me here and ask me all those questions you already have the answers to after forcing me to get married to an evil and God knows what your reasons are for that. So please don't just try to act as if you care about me because you don't!" Kyungsoo yelled, but he suddenly heard that strange sound in his head and he suddenly became weak, and he lost consciousness, but Jongin held him just in time.

 

"Oh my God. What have I done." Dr. Kwon panicked when he saw his only son looking so pale as a dead body. He looked at Jongin and the Byuns and he sighed.

 

"I apologize for what just happened, I will come back later, but right now I have to see if I can save my dear son." He looked at Jongin and he sighed again.

 

"Please come with me, I need to take him to my hospital and run some checkups on him," Kwon said and Baekhyun stepped forward. 

 

"I will come with you uncle." He said and they left quickly.

 

Byeol closed the door sadly and sat beside Yeri. "Do you think Kyungsoo will survive this?" She asked. A little bit of hope was all she needed, but Yeri shook her head with a sigh following.

 

"The truth is that the chances are zero. All we can do now is to pray for him." Yeri caressed Byeol back in encouragement. 

 

"But why would Sena want to hurt me when I don't even know her. Why would she help Shi-ah and Tina?" Byeol asked. She was confused and so was Yeri.

 

"I have no idea. All I know is that Sena is wicked to help such wicked people. I think she has a plan, but very soon we'll find out about her plan. Let's just keep low and behave as if we know nothing." Yeri said and Byeol nodded. 

 

She got up to get some fresh juice in the fridge, but she saw Yoo-ran staring into a blank space. She was beside herself and she looked very sad. Min-Joon stood beside her and he gently caressed her back. 

 

Byeol didn't like the sight. She felt that something was wrong, but she couldn't lay her hand on it. She took the juice back to the living room, but Yeri could tell that Byeol was disturbed.

 

"Why the sad face? What's wrong?" Yeri asked while she poured the juice into two glasses and gave one to Byeol.

 

"It's mom. She looks very sad just like yesterday afternoon. Is mom feeling sick?" Byeol asked and Yeri sighed. She looked at her mother for a while before looking away.

 

"It's because my birthday is approaching."

 

"Your birthday? I don't understand. Why would mom be sad because your birthday is approaching? Isn't she supposed to be happy?"

 

"She's happy and also sad. My mom gave birth to twin girls, but one of the twins di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter