Chapter (17)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Hello, Kyungsoo. It's so late already and it's about to rain. Please come back home before it starts raining."

Sena sighed deeply as she dropped her phone to the small table beside her bed.

 

That was the seventh voice message she sent to Kyungsoo despite knowing very well that he wouldn't reply to any.

 

She stared at the night sky once again as the particular view has become a routine ever since that fateful night. Her heart was heavy, she was going through serious emotional and mental stress, and like every other night, she started crying helplessly.

 

It hurt her because she knew that the man she has grown to love will never look at her the way he used to. She knew that all that's left of their marriage is nothing but ruin.

 

She laid on the bed when it began to rain, and she shut her eyes as she tried to get some sleep.

 

_________

 

Kyungsoo entered his room an hour later and sat on his bed. He read his wife's voice messages and sighed heavily before dropping the phone on the table.

 

He had a quick shower and headed to his wife's room to check on her. He had to know how she's doing. He doesn't hate her, in fact, he still likes her, but he can't bring himself to face her after what he did to her.

 

He stared at her for a while without noticing that she was still awake and crying. He sighed sadly and headed back to his room. 

 

Once he was gone, Sena sat up with uncontrollable tears in her eyes. She was tired of everything, she couldn't bear the pain anymore and so she decided to end it all.

 

Having to face rejection and a cold attitude from her husband after sleeping with her was the last thing she had ever imagined. However, since the situation has changed, ending everything was the only option left for her to do.

 

She wanted to see her husband for the last time, and she went to his room. She didn't bother to knock before entering the darkroom. More tears rolled down her cheeks as her eyes landed on the sleeping man's figure.

 

She walked closer to him and stood beside the bed. Her sobs were loud, her tears kept rushing down her eyes, but she didn't bother. All that mattered to her was the few words she had to say to the sleeping man.

 

"I don't know how things got so messed up between us, and it breaks my heart into a million pieces. I know that we never had a love relationship, but we were happy being good friends and God knows that I was okay and grateful for that. You always talked to me, took care of me, we even played games together. I was wholeheartedly happy with our relationship and I thank God for us every day. But..." She sniffed and more tears fell from her heavy sad eyes and she made no effort to stop the tears.

 

"But on that night you made love to me, I thought you wanted to take our relationship to the next level, but I never knew that it was a mistake. I'm not sad that it was a mistake neither does it hurt me that you don't love me. The truth is that I already accepted my fate the day you told me that you're in love with another, and I was okay with it as long as you don't abandon me or hate me. But now, I'm like a ghost." Sena broke down in tears as she said those words.

 

"Now I'm like a ghost, an invisible being. You now treat me like a deadly disease. You now behave coldly towards me as if I'm some robot without feelings. Am I that disgusting that you can't stand my sight or even look at me? I was okay with our beautiful relationship as friends, but now I am certain that your hatred for me will never fade and I don't blame you for that. You're suffering and I'm also suffering, so I think the best thing to do is to end everything and give you freedom." 

 

Sena wrapped her hands around her body as she began to feel dizzy and weak. She cried painfully as she thought about the only solution she was left with.

 

"I will end my life and by doing that, I will find peace and you will have your freedom. I can't live like this anymore and neither can you." She turned around to leave the room with a heavy heart, but Kyungsoo suddenly got off his bed, he quickly held her by the wrist and pulled her to himself, and embraced her shaking figure.

 

"I'm so sorry Sena. I'm so sorry for making your life miserable and sorrowful. The truth is that I don't hate you, rather, I'm a coward. I couldn't face you after making love to you that night and I thought the best thing to do was to distance myself from you. I don't hate you and you don't disgust me at all. I'm very sorry for making you go through a series of pain, heartbreak, and regret, I never meant for that to happen." He caressed her hair and slowly pulled away to look her in the eye.

 

"Our relationship will be the way it was, we will be best friends and a happy family again." He wiped her tears away and kissed her forehead. "I promise you."

 

Sena sobbed and embraced him. She rested her on his shoulder as she cried happy tears. However, she began to feel dizzy and lightheaded again from her series of crying.

 

"I will hold you by your words, Kyungsoo." She muttered before she slowly leaned back against his chest and closed her eyes. The doctor knew that she was extremely tired. 

 

He carried her and laid her on the bed before joining her. He pulled the blanket over their bodies and a heavy sigh of relief escaped his throat. He looked at his wife and kissed her forehead again.

 

"I'm very sorry for making you go through so much pain. I promise to make you happy from today onward. I'm so sorry, Sena." He caressed her face as he watched her sleep peacefully next to him.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

The lovely aroma of Kyungsoo special breakfast woke Sena up. She blinked her eyes open and the first thing she noticed was the room she was in. She looked around the room for a while before she recalled all that happened the previous night.

 

Sena smiled and headed straight to the kitchen in search of her husband. She was extremely excited, and when she got to the kitchen, she saw Kyungsoo wearing an apron and he looked so relaxed and cute in it.

 

"Good morning Kyungsoo." She greeted with a grin on her face and the doctor smiled.

 

"Good morning. Slept well?"

 

"Like a rock." She smiled and the doctor nodded his head to her words.

 

"Indeed, you slept like a rock. Come sit here and drink the warm milk on the table." 

 

Sena smiled and did as she was told, but she couldn't get her eyes away from the man she has grown to love over the past year. She watched his every move and the more she looked at him, the more she fell deeper in love with him.

 

"Thank you." She dropped the glass after drinking the milk.

 

"You're welcome." Kyungsoo continued with the chicken before he suddenly stopped and looked at her. "We're on leave today, so don't bother getting ready for work."

 

"On leave? Why?"

 

"Because you've been overworking and stress isn't good for your health. Besides, you've been through so much the last two weeks, you need a break from everything at the moment."

 

"But won't the director be angry?"

 

"The hospital belongs to me. He takes direct orders from me, so he won't be angry."

 

"But he doesn't know that I'm your wife, no one knows apart from sister Tiffany who knows that we're married." 

 

"Don't worry, he won't be angry. Jinwook is a nice person, so don't think about it too much, rather start thinking about where you would love to go today for relaxation." He winked at his wife and Sena smiled shyly. She felt butterflies dancing in her stomach and she was so excited about what Kyungsoo said.

 

"I already have somewhere in mind." 

 

"Then that's great. After breakfast, we're going out for fun and relaxation." The doctor looked at his wife for a moment and he noticed how happy and lively she was and he loved it.

 

"You're more beautiful when you're smiling." He unknowingly said the words, but he quickly looked away when Sena gave him a shocked look, but he didn't take back his words.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Byeol was already awake and busy preparing breakfast. Baekhyun was to leave very early and Byeol had to wake up earlier than usual so she could prepare his meal before he would leave for work.

 

It's a big day for Baekhyun due to the new diamond jewelry he just launched the previous week. He has a lot of interviews ahead of and an important meeting to attend by 11:30 am. 

 

Byeol knew that it was important to Baekhyun and she decided to make something delicious for breakfast. She also made some egg tarts for him and also his parents.

 

"Up so early?" Baekhyun asked as he made his way into the kitchen.

 

Byeol smiled when she heard the billionaire's voice. She turned around to look at him and she grinned.

 

"Good morning Baekhyun."

 

"Good morning. Why are you up so early?"

 

"I want to prepare your breakfast and arrange your lunch. You know you will be leaving very early today, so I have to make everything on time." She explained and Baekhyun sighed.

 

He appro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter