Chapter (10)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A very huge thank you from the bottom of my heart to my beloved dear reader who took their time to give this story an upvote. You guys are seriously the best there can be. I'm so grateful for your endless love towards this story. Thank you so much and please keep supporting me with your upvotes and feedbacks.❤ Please look out for the author's note.

_____________________________________________________

 

Byeol has never felt so restless the way she was at the moment. It was already past four in the evening and Baekhyun hadn't yet arrived. 

 

She had already prepared Baekhyun's favorite stir fry chicken pasta with some fresh egg salad. She also decided to make some fresh juice since the ingredients needed were available.

 

She glanced at the wall clock before sighing. She thought about a means that will keep her busy before Baekhyun arrived,  and so she decided to make some brownies.

 

Making brownies has always been her favorite activity with her late mother. She would always suggest they make some brownies whenever she was feeling restless or missing her father.

 

Making the brownies somehow distracted her from being restless, rather she was enjoying what she was doing. However, the sound of the doorbell caught her attention and she grinned.

 

She rushed over to the main door, but she was a bit disappointed to see Kyungsoo and Tiffany. She smiled and stepped aside so they could make their way into the living room.

 

"Why the long face Byeol? Were you expecting someone else?" Kyungsoo asked while smiling at the sad girl. Her expression indeed sold out what she felt.

 

"I thought it was my master. He should be here already, but he's not yet back and I'm worried."

 

"Don't worry, he will be here anytime soon. Let's just wait a bit longer, okay?" Tiffany tried to brighten her mood, but it wasn't working. She simply sighed and lowered her eyes.

 

"Okay, I will wait for him. I was baking some brownies, it's in the oven and almost ready. Let me check on it." Byeol rushed over to the kitchen, she quickly took the baking tray out of the oven and placed it on the marble countertop to cool off. 

She turned off the oven and decided to make some banana milkshake, but that was when Baekhyun made his way into his living room.

 

He stood a few steps away from the door with a smiling face on seeing Tiffany and Kyungsoo. However, he didn't see his soulmate, the one who has been missing him and waiting for his return.

 

"Byeol I'm home!" He called out, he wanted to see her, and just as expected, Byeol rushed out of the kitchen with a bright smile written all over her face.

 

Unable to contain her happiness and excitement, she ran towards the billionaire and hugged him.

 

Jongin who had arrived with Baekhyun was extremely shocked seeing that Byeol was able to hug Baekhyun despite her phobia, and so were Tiffany and Kyungsoo.

 

It took Byeol a few seconds to realize what she had done and she quickly pulled away from the hug. She quickly bowed her head, she was just a nobody, she had no right whatsoever to hug Baekhyun despite her reason for missing him so much.

 

She should know her place more than anyone and make sure to do appropriate things rather than act recklessly.

 

"I'm so sorry for hugging you, please forgive me." She apologized, but the billionaire stared at her for a few seconds before sighing.

 

"You always apologize for nothing, Byeol." Baekhyun gently pulled her into his chest and embraced her warmly to himself.

 

He didn't mind if people were staring at them at the moment, all that mattered to him was his soulmate in his embrace. He gently caressed her hair and embraced her more to himself.

Jongin was shocked to see the way Baekhyun and Byeol being so intimate, so he chuckled, but he got an urgent call, so he excused himself.

 

"I missed you so much Byeol." He whispered to her ears before pulling away from the hug. He caressed her face and smiled softly at her when he saw how red her cheeks had become. "How are you?"

 

"I'm fine and all my injuries are healed. But how are you? I saw the news, what happened to you?"

 

"I was drugged with hard drugs, but I'm fine and back home, so you should forget about it." He caressed her face again while looking at her big bright eyes and he noticed there were tears in them. He caressed the tears away before looking at Tiffany and Kyungsoo.

 

"Don't worry, my touch doesn't affect her," Baekhyun said before they could start asking him numerous questions.

 

"But why? How is that even possible?"

 

"That I don't know. I guess I'm special that's why. Anyways, you can start with her treatment tomorrow." Baekhyun said to Kyungsoo.

 

"Of course, that's a great idea, but your help will be needed during her treatment process. I hope that won't be a problem?"

 

"It's fine." Baekhyun looked around in search of Jongin, but his best friend was nowhere to be seen.

 

"Where is Jongin?" The billionaire asked, it's not like his friend to leave without telling him.

 

"He got a phone call and left, it seemed like the call was important," Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun nodded in understanding.

 

"It's fine. By the way, have you two seen each other? I'm sure he will remember you from high school."

 

"No, we haven't. I don't think he even saw me here earlier, he was too busy admiring your close friendship with Byeol. Don't worry, we will see some other time, it's a small world after all." Kyungsoo picked up his bag and glanced at his watch and he made a shocked facial expression.

 

"I have to go now, I have an appointment to attend to. Sorry Byeol, I will eat your brownies some other time, okay? Bye." The doctor hurriedly left the mansion, but when he got out of the gate, he saw Jongin leaning against his car staring into a blank space.

 

He smiled on seeing the man he had always been scared of since they were in high school. Jongin had always had a scary personality, he always kept to himself except it's Baekhyun, and he never talked to anyone, including Kyungsoo.

 

He approached him and tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention before greeting him.

 

"Hello, Mr. Jongin. Long time no see." He was smiling while looking at the taller man who stared at him with an expressionless face.

 

"Do I know you?" Jongin's voice was deep but filled with anger. His eyes sold out his feelings and Kyungsoo smiled softly before nodding.

 

"You do, but have forgotten me."

 

"Sorry, I don't recognize you."

 

"I know, but I knew you from high school." Kyungsoo was still smiling, but Jongin wasn't in the mood for chatting. He moved away from his car and opened the door.

 

"As I said, I don't know you and I'm not in the mood for chatting with a stranger." He got into his car and drove off. He was seriously mad after receiving the call a few minutes ago.

 

Kyungsoo sighed, he has always known Jongin to be a hot-tempered man, he wasn't surprised at the behavior. He walked down to the car he had parked outside the mansion, he was about to drive off when Tiffany rushed over to him.

 

"You know we came here together, yet you decided to go alone, how rude." She hit him on the shoulder after getting into the car.

 

"Pardon my behavior, but I thought you wanted to stay back and chat with Baekhyun."

 

"I want to, but seeing Byeol so happy is all I want. I will visit Baekhyun when he's free, all that matters is that both of them are doing well."

 

"Well said, big sis. Let's go then." He drove off, but his mind was focused on the strange thing that happened in the living room. Byeol has a phobia, but Baekhyun was able to touch her and she didn't react painful to his touch. The doctor was in a serious deep thought throughout the ride back to the hospital.

 

_____________


 

Byeol happily sets the table while Baekhyun has gone to freshen up. She couldn't contain her joy, she was extremely happy that Baekhyun was back home after spending a week and three days away.

 

After setting the table, she rushed to her room for her evening bath. It was already getting dark, and she wanted to bathe early so she could spend more time with Baekhyun in the living room.

 

As usual, she was quick with bathing and she headed straight to the living room to join Baekhyun for dinner without completely drying her hair. Although she dried it with a towel, it wasn't properly dried.

 

Getting to the living room, she saw Baekhyun already sitting on his regular dining chair. He wore gray sweatpants and a black singlet and he was busy on the phone.

 

Byeol didn't bother him, she quickly served his food on his plate with a smiling face. She made sure to add enough food on his plate so he could eat to his heart content, but she suddenly felt her hair being touched.

 

She turned around quickly but came face to face with Baekhyun and she shyly lowered her eyes.

 

"Please don't bother, I will do it myself."

 

"It's fine, you carry on with what you're doing." The billionaire said while he continued styling the hair into a bun. When he was done, he sat back on his seat and began to eat and Byeol did the same.

 

After eating, Byeol took the plates to the kitchen. She washed it and tidied up the kitchen before taking the brownies and fresh pineapple juice to the living room.

 

Baekhyun was already sitting on his favorite couch in the living room, and Byeol served the brownies to him alone with the juice.

 

"This was what I perceived when I arrived earlier." The billionaire smiled. He took one of the brownies and took a big bite and he was pleased. It tasted so yummy and he looked at his soulmate and smiled.

 

"Come sit with me, I have something for you." He said and Byeol did as she was told. 

She sat closer to him, but would always glance at him.

 

"It's delicious. I would like to learn how to make this whenever I'm free. I hope you will teach me when the time comes?"

 

"Yes, I will." 

 

"That's good then." He reached for a small white fancy bag beside his legs on the floor and he gave it to Byeol.

 

"This is yours, I got it for you back in London."

 

"For me?" Byeol asked in shock. This was the first time after the death of her father that someone is giving her a gift.

 

"Of course, it's all yours. Go ahead and check them out." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter