Chapter (9)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin had gone back to the venue where the party had taken place, he didn't want to wait till the next day before he could get a hold of the person that had poisoned Baekhyun, but he was a bit too late. He couldn't find a clue or a trace of the culprit, but the waiter he met there told him that a man from Korea had joined them earlier in serving the drinks and he claimed that it was Baekhyun's order. 

 

With the little information gotten from the waiter, Jongin knew that the person behind Baekhyun's attack was someone who knows him.

 

He went back to the hospital and told the doctor his findings, he also told him not to disclose the cause of Baekhyun's health issues to the public or anyone, but it should remain between them, and the man agreed.

 

When he was done, he gave Tiffany a call to check on Byeol, but he was more broken when he heard the sad news. He went back to Baekhyun's room and decided to spend the night in the room.

 

He held Baekhyun's hand and gently caressed it. There was sadness written all over his face as he watched his best friend, his only friend lying helplessly on the bed.

 

"Please get well soon, I miss your voice, your smile, I miss everything about you." Jongin rested his head on the bed and closed his eyes.

 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒

 

Baekhyun slowly blinked his eyes open when he felt a familiar hand caressing his face. He smiled softly before looking at the owner of the hand.

 

"Hey man." He greeted his smiling friend before sitting up. Although he was still feeling weak, he could sit by himself.

 

"How are you feeling?" Jongin asked while looking at his best friend with extra care, but the billionaire moved his right arms around trying to know the state of his condition, but he felt a bit better.

 

"I'm okay, just feeling a bit weak and hungry."

 

"Of course you are. You will be discharged soon and I promise to prepare your favorite food." Jongin couldn't take his eyes away from his best friend. He was extremely worried about his well-being and the billionaire noticed the look of fear in the other's eyes.

 

They have been friends since childhood, he knows when Jongin is worried and scared, and that's the look present in his best friend's eyes at the moment.

Baekhyun leaned closer to Jongin and patted him on the shoulder.

 

"I know you're worried and scared, but please don't be. I can't die easily, I'm a strong man, I've been through a lot and I believe that nothing can kill me easily. Please don't be worried, I'm fine now." Baekhyun smiled at his best friend and Jongin smiled but he didn't look away from his friend.

 

"Of course. You're Baekhyun, no one can kill you so easily, besides I won't let that happen." Jongin patted his thigh before getting up. "I need to inform the doctor that you're awake and complete all that's left." He got up and left the room, when he was outside the room, he smiled and looked back at the closed door to Baekhyun's room before walking away.

 

__________

 

Baekhyun was discharged from the hospital and taken back to his house by Jongin. When they got home, Jongin prepared a healthy breakfast for the both of them while Baekhyun was busy in the shower.

 

He set the table after cooking and he decided to call Tiffany to check up on Byeol because he was also worried about her, but Tiffany was already calling him. Seeing the call, he felt a bit scared, but he still decided to pick up.

 

"Hey Tiffany, how are you doing?"

 

"I'm fine, just worried about Baekhyun. How is his health?"

 

"He's fine and discharged from the hospital. We will be returning to Korea in two days."

 

"That's great, I can't wait to see Baekhyun." 

 

"Of course. How is Byeol, has she regained consciousness?"

 

"Yes, she regained consciousness this morning, and to be honest, we couldn't find anything wrong with her. It was as if she was in a deep sleep, but her heart rate was dropping as well as her pulse was so low. She's fine, but in a sad state after hearing about what happened to Baekhyun."

 

"I know it will affect her, but tell her that we'll return very soon. Please take care of her, I will call you later."

 

"Alright. Do take care of Baekhyun as well. Bye."

 

"Bye."

Jongin ended the call and dropped his phone on the dining table. He was about to check on Baekhyun, but he was a bit shocked to see Baekhyun staring at him.

 

"What happened to Byeol? Why was she unconscious?" The billionaire asked before walking forward to his best friend. "Tell me the truth, please."

 

"I don't know what happened to her, she suddenly collapsed a few seconds before I saw what happened to you on the news. I rushed her to Tiffany's hospital before rushing down here."

 

"She collapsed? But why? Is she conscious now?"

 

"She came round this morning. According to Tiffany, she said there was absolutely nothing wrong with Byeol. She ran different check-ups on her, but there was nothing wrong with her, yet her heart rate was dropping and her pulse was extremely low. When I called last night, Tiffany was telling me that she's not sure Byeol is going to make it due to her condition. Just now she sounded happy and she said that Byeol is doing just fine, but very sad after hearing what happened to you." Jongin sighed and sat down on one of the dining chairs, and Baekhyun did the same.

 

"That's strange, but I'm glad she's fine. I shouldn't have just cut her off, I should have called her rather than leaving her in the dark. We will leave for Korea tomorrow." Baekhyun sighed and started eating, but his mind was far from the food he was eating. The thought of Byeol occupied his mind as well as that of his soulmate.

 

"Don't blame yourself, you only did what you thought was right. Eat now, you need it." Jongin tried to make Baekhyun feel less guilty, but it was a bit too late.

 

After having their breakfast, Baekhyun was about to take his medicine when his parents and younger sister arrived. The mother rushed over to her son to examine his body from head to toe. They all looked extremely worried and the billionaire could understand where their fear was coming from.

 

However, Baekhyun told his parents and sister that he was okay. He also told them all that happened to him, although he couldn't give his angry father the very news he needed to hear.

 

All his father was after was the name or identity of the person that drugged his son, unfortunately, no one had any idea on who it was.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter