Chapter (21)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Baekhyun got home that evening, he met Byeol in a sad mood, and he didn't even bother asking her what the issue was. He knew that Byeol had already sensed his pain and sadness and she might know what's going on with Kyungsoo.

 

"What happened to Kyungsoo?" She asked, her eyes already wet with tears, and Baekhyun broke the bad news to her.

 

Days went by quickly and Byeol couldn't accept the fact that her best friend, her brother, was going to die. She started seeing the world differently. She saw life as nothing, and she began to understand what Kyungsoo meant when he said that life is full of mystery. People are born daily and people also die daily. There are evil people and also good people.

 

She began to understand what life means, she began to see life the way it used to be before she developed her phobia. She sat in front of the television, staring at the screen, but her mind was lost. She was in deep thought, but Baekhyun's ringing phone brought her back to reality.

 

She looked at the phone and saw that it was Baekhyun's mother calling and she looked away and sighed.

 

"What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked as he walked down the stairs. He felt how unsettled she has been since she woke up that morning.

 

"Your mom just called," Byeol said sadly. She picked up the phone and sat down beside Baekhyun. 

 

"I've been thinking a lot lately and I discovered that life is too precious and short to live a sad life. Please let's go back to the mansion and see mom and dad. I don't want you to live in regret, so please let's go back to the mansion so that you make peace with your mother." Byeol pleaded and Baekhyun sighed. He pulled her closer to himself and kissed her forehead.

 

"I know you've been thinking a lot these past few days, and so have I. I was even going to tell you that we're returning to the mansion tomorrow to start living there as before. But when we're married, we will move in here to start a new phase of our lives." 

 

Byeol smiled at the thought of what Baekhyun said and she felt relieved. "Thank you for loving me and pulling me out of my world of darkness. I wish we found out about Kyungsoo's illness on time, then he wouldn't have to leave us very soon. I don't want him to die, he's too precious to me." Byeol began to cry again at the thought of losing Kyungsoo, but Baekhyun wiped her tears and embraced her.

 

"Don't cry Byeol. Let's make his last moment with us a happy one, that's what he wants." Baekhyun said sadly with so much pain in his heart.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Kyungsoo was busy with a patient in the hospital when Jongin called him. The doctor smiled on seeing the caller ID, but he couldn't pick up because he was still with someone. 

 

When he was done, he quickly picked up his phone to call, but he saw a message from Jongin asking him to come over to his mansion immediately.

 

Kyungsoo took his drugs and quickly left the hospital and rushed to Jongin's mansion. 

 

_____________

 

"What's wrong?" Kyungsoo asked the moment the CEO opened the door.

 

"Come in, I've found something important,"  Jongin said and Kyungsoo rushed into the living room, but staggered, luckily Jongin caught him on time.

 

"Are you alright?" Jongin asked, he looked concerned and Kyungsoo smiled.

 

"I'm fine, just a little bit dizzy because I haven't had lunch yet." Kyungsoo lied and Jongin stared at him for a while as if he was reading him, then he nodded.

 

"I just prepared pasta and stir fry chicken sauce, can you eat it or should I order something else?" Jongin asked, but Kyungsoo quickly shook his head.

 

"I will eat what you cook please." He smiled and Jongin nodded.

 

"Give me a few minutes." 

Jongin walked away, and when he got to the kitchen, he served the food and he took it back to the living room.

 

"Here you go. If you want more, let me know." 

 

"Thank you, but I'm sure this will be enough." Kyungsoo smiled and started eating.

 

Jongin quietly observed him, and he noticed that the doctor looked pale.

 

"Are you alright? You look pale and weak." Jongin asked, he couldn't hold himself back from asking.

 

"I'm fine." Kyungsoo smiled and continued with his food. "I'm just a little bit stressed out." He added and Jongin nodded.

 

"Then you need to rest a lot, I don't like the way you look," Jongin added milk to his food and went back to what he was working on on the laptop.

 

When the doctor was done eating, he took the plate to the kitchen himself. He felt it wouldn't be right having Jongin do everything.

 

"So, why did you call me over?" Kyungsoo asked as he sat beside Jongin. 

 

"Baekhyun asked our friend Zitao to help him verify if someone is working with Shi-ah and Tina, so Zitao traveled to London to trace if there was any call made, and indeed it was. Someone called Shi-ah that day around 10:50 pm London time on Thursday night, so he traced the call and found out that the call was from a Korean number and it was made around 5:50 am Korean time on Friday morning, and the voice belonged to a woman."

 

"I knew it. So that means a woman is helping them out, and that woman knows our every move." Kyungsoo sighed and relaxed his back on the couch. He felt tired, but he didn't want to rest, not until they found out who the person behind Shi-ah and Tina's escape was.

 

"So what's the next move?" Kyungsoo asked and Jongin brought out a flash drive and showed it to Kyungsoo.

 

"This flash drive here contains the clear voice recording of the woman helping them out. Since the woman is close to us, we can easily track her down by identifying her voice."

 

"That's a great idea. So when do we play the recording?" Kyungsoo was interested in the newfound evidence, he couldn't wait to find out who the mastermind was.

 

"Don't worry Kyungsoo, we'll play the recording at Baekhyun's place this weekend. By doing so, everyone will be present there and it will be easy to identify the voice." Jongin had a point, but the doctor felt that things were moving too slow.

 

"But why the weekend? That's five days from now. I'm afraid the time duration is too long. Time is ticking, life is short, and exposing this mastermind is my ultimate goal. I don't have the luxury of time, so please let's play the video today instead of the weekend." Kyungsoo was tense, sad, and upset too, and it came off as a shock to Jongin. He has never seen the doctor in such a desperate state before.

 

"Why are you getting all worked up over this trivial issue? I told you that it will be played this weekend so that everyone will be present, so why the strange attitude?" Jongin was confused, he barely recognized Kyungsoo at the moment, but the doctor sighed and lowered his head before looking back at Jongin.

 

"You don't understand. Time is short, things must be done quickly."

 

"I know and I get it. You're worried about Baekhyun and Byeol's safety, but don't worry because I've already involved the police. Stop getting worked up over this and calm down." Jongin tried to make Kyungsoo understand that things are under control, but what he didn't know was that Kyungsoo's time was short.

 

"I'm sorry, I'm very sorry. Just that time is not on my side, and I want things to be done quickly. I'm sorry for yelling, I'm so sorry." Kyungsoo got up and picked up his phone. "I will be on my way now." He wore his shoe and was about to go when Jongin held his hand.

 

"Please don't go just yet, you can stay here and relax for a while. I'm also sorry if my words upset you in any way." 

 

"You don't have to apologize, you've done nothing wrong. The truth is that I would have loved to stay longer with you, but at this point in my life, time is so precious to me, I can't afford to waste it. I will see you at Baekhyun's place over the weekend. Goodbye Jongin, and thanks for the meal." Kyungsoo smiled softly at Jongin who clearly looked surprised, and he exited the entrance door and took a taxi back home.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒

 

(Two Days Later)


 

Baekhyun had already gone back to his mansion, and he made up with his mother. He disclosed the newfound evidence to his family and things were going just great for them. Although they couldn't wait to play the record during the weekend.

 

Yoo-ran and Byeol have been getting along very well. They spent time together in the kitchen, going shopping in Baekhyun's mall, watching movies together, and also making delicious cookies. Yoo-ran has grown to love and accept Byeol the way she is.

 

Seeing the way his mother and soulmate got along together made the billionaire extremely happy, and his trust for his mother was also back and intact.

 

He has resumed his work back at the company, thereby focusing on his biggest project of the year which is the diamond necklace and bracelet. 

The project seemed to be the interest of many businessmen, and it was creating more profit for the billionaire and the company.

 

"Excuse me, Sir." Sandra stepped into the office without knocking and Baekhyun glanced at her before focusing on what he was doing.

 

"Yes, what is it?"

 

"Mr. Oh Sehun is here to see you regarding the diamond necklace and bracelet I told you about," Sandra informed and Baekhyun sighed.

 

"He should have called first, there's a lot I'm handling at the moment." Baekhyun closed the file he was working on and looked at Sandra for a while and he noticed that she looked pale.

 

"You look very pale. Are you alright?" Baekhyun asked and Sandra smiled sadly before lowering her eyes.

 

"I'm not feeling well Sir, but I can hold it in till I get home."

 

"There will be no need for that. Let Mr. Sehun in and you can go home and rest. Health comes first no matter what." Baekhyun thought about Kyungsoo and the little time he had left to live and he suddenly became sad.

 

"Make sure you get a check-up during the weekend."

 

Sandra was short of words. Baekhyun had always been the one caring about her wellbeing whereas she has a family who has refused to acknowledge her. She got emotional but held back her tears, and she bowed her head in respect.

 

"Thank you so much, Sir. When Mr. Sehun is done here, I will submit the file you asked for before leaving. Thank you very much, Sir." Sandra bowed again before exiting the office.

 

Baekhyun has never seen Sandra in such an emotional state before, and the way she looked at him was different from her usual look. The billionaire overlooked everything and relaxed in his seat, waiting for the arrival of his visitor.

 

There was a knock at the door twice, before a tall man made his way into the office. He wore an expensive silver suit, a 24 karat gold wristwatch, and a gold shoe which cost quite a lot. Baekhyun looked at him from head to toe and he was quite impressed by his overall outlook.

 

"Good day Mr. Byun. It's great to finally see you one on one." Sehun smiled at the billionaire.

 

"I'm pleased. Have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter