Chapter (11)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was the first to wake, he decided to leave the room since Byeol was in a better state. It was already dark, he had to confirm his thoughts regarding what the time could be, and it was past eleven in the night.

 

He went to bed since he was going to the company the next day. There was a lot to attend to due to his absence over the past week, although he had an intelligent able personal assistant who does her job perfectly well, that notwithstanding, he still has some things to handle.

 

That night when Baekhyun went to bed, he had the thought of Byeol in mind, he was excited to know the outcome of the glow from their bond mark.

 

It was still a bit hard for him to comprehend the fact that he has a soulmate, moreso, Byeol. If anyone had told him two months ago that he would save Byeol and she would turn out to be his soulmate, then he would have arrested that person.

 

It was amazing how his relationship with Byeol has developed a lot. Although she still addresses him as sir most times, things between them are going great.

 

That night Baekhyun slept with so much anticipation, he couldn't wait for dawn. He wanted to know more about the soulmate bond as well, but then everything has a gradual process.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

The aroma of fried chicken woke the sleeping beauty up. She sat up with a calm smile gracing her face. She had woken up from a dream where Baekhyun was carrying her in bridal style to the dining room for breakfast. She wasn't supposed to smile over it, but she found herself doing it.

 

After smiling for a while, she recalled her exposed therapy with Kyungsoo yesterday and how Baekhyun took care of her. She recalled How Baekhyun carried her in bridal style to her room and laid her on the bed.

 

Unable to control her excitement, she giggled like a baby and began playing with her long hair. It was the very first time someone had ever cared for her the way Baekhyun did. Her parents were the only ones that showed her love, and now Baekhyun.

 

She jumped off her bed and headed straight to the living room After glancing at the wall clock. She had to prepare breakfast for Baekhyun before he left for the office.

 

She ran down the long staircase, but on getting to the kitchen, she was shocked to see Baekhyun preparing breakfast. She rushed into the kitchen and stood beside him.

 

✴Oh God, why did I oversleep, now my master is the one preparing breakfast.✴

 

Byeol thought. She felt bad seeing Baekhyun doing what was supposed to be her duty. He has been so kind and caring, the least she could do for him now was to prepare breakfast and other needed work around the house.

 

"I've told you time after time not to address me as master, but you wouldn't listen." Baekhyun turned around to look at Byeol, but he was met with her innocent face staring at him and she looked confused.

 

"Good morning Baekhyun, but I didn't call you master nor did I say a thing. I just walked in now." She said while looking Baekhyun in the eyes before lowering her head.

 

✴Did he read my mind or something? I didn't address him as my master openly, but inwardly.✴ 

 

Byeol bit her bottom lips while thinking. She wasn't sure what was going on, but to Baekhyun it was now very clear to him. He had anticipated what the glow from their bond mark had in store for them, luckily he had gotten his answers.

 

He smiled and looked at Byeol as she cutely bit her bottom lips. Of course, she didn't say a word when she had walked into the kitchen, she only thought about it, and lucky for him, he heard it loud and clear. 

 

Now he can read her mind and hear all she's thinking about. He felt powerful, blessed, and lucky for such ability. He could easily tell if his soulmate needs something or not.

 

He reached out his hand to her hair and caressed it. "Don't worry, I was joking with you. Hope you had a wonderful rest?" The billionaire asked, his voice sounding as soft and low as a whisper.

 

Byeol shyly lifted her eyes to look at him and she smiled.

 

"Yes, I slept like a rock." She looked away from Baekhyun's face to avoid his eyes, as she recalled the dream she had about him.

 

✴My night was beautiful. I even dreamt about you carrying me in bridal style to the dining room for breakfast. A beautiful smile graced your face, and you looked so relaxed. But I can't tell you this so that you won't misunderstand me.✴

 

She grabbed some cups for their drink and some plates before heading to the dining room. She was so busy setting up the table that she didn't notice Baekhyun's smiling face.

 

He heard her thoughts regarding the dream she had about him, and he found it cute. He continued with what he was preparing to avoid going late to the office.

 

_________


 

They had their breakfast together, but Baekhyun never brought up what happened yesterday during the exposure therapy. He doesn't want her to feel uncomfortable, and so it would be best if it wasn't discussed.

 

"Can we call Kyungsoo over today for my therapy?"

 

"No Byeol, I won't be around, I'm going to the office to be back in the evening. Let's wait until I'm home before we continue."

 

Hearing his answer, Byeol nodded in response. She understood the reason behind his refusal to her request and she doesn't blame him at all. She's also aware of what she went through yesterday, it's not an encounter she would like to experience for the second time. However, she still wanted to try by pushing her limit.

 

✴I want to give it a trial so that I can get better quickly.✴

 

✴But since my master thinks it's right to wait till he's around, then that's fine. I will make some brownies today, and some ice cream.✴

 

Baekhyun smiled, he was still surprised that Byeol is his soulmate. He was glad he could also read her mind since she's not the vocal type of person.

 

He reached out his hand to Byeol's head and caressed her hair. 

"Don't worry too much about getting better, you're not a burden to me or anyone and I'm not complaining. There's always a gradual step to everything in life, so don't push yourself too hard, ok?" 

 

Baekhyun's eyes were on Byeol the whole time while talking, he wanted to be sure if she gets what he's saying, and she bit her lips which means she understands him.

 

"Okay." She lowered her eyes and continued with her food and the billionaire did the same.

 

✴Dear God, I have no idea of the good deeds I've done in my previous life that you sent an angel-like Baekhyun into my life. I'm so grateful for everything.✴ 

 

She had a smile on her face while eating her food. It was still surprising how the man she hated the most turned out to be her saving grace.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒

 

Jongin made his way to his friend's office, but the CEO was busy on the phone, so he just sat down to wait till his friend was done.

 

"Hey man, it's been so long," Baekhyun said after ending the call. He was excited to see his best friend after three days of not talking or seeing each other.

 

"So sorry Baekhyun, I've been so busy in the company. How is your health?"

 

"I'm fine, don't worry about me. I missed you, but I knew you were busy, that's why I didn't bother you. So, how have you been?"

 

"Good I guess. I have been investigating the incident that happened in London. I want to know who intentionally poisoned your drink until I find that son of a , I won't rest." 

 

Jongin suddenly looked pissed, and Baekhyun noticed it. He's aware of Jongin's love and cares towards him, so seeing him get so angry was understandable.

 

"Don't worry bro, the police are investigating it. You just relax and focus on your wellbeing, else you might fall sick."

 

"I'm a strong man, I can't fall sick easily." Jongin raised both hands showcasing his muscle from his long sleeve shirt and they both ended up laughing.

 

"By the way, how is your soulmate, Byeol doing?" 

 

Jongin's question got B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter