Chapter (27)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byeol fell asleep in Yoo-ran's arms in his room. She didn't sleep in her room that night because the older woman wouldn't give her a chance to leave her sight. Yoo-ran wanted to hold Byeol to herself and treat her like a princess, and Byeol was delighted.

 

Baekhyun didn't bother to steal his lover from his mother because seeing them together as mother and child had always been his heart's desire. 

 

He decided to take a stroll down to the living room since he wasn't yet sleepy. Besides, his mind was occupied with different thoughts about Sena and the two evil women, Shi-ah and Tina. He was also pretty sad and all by himself because the birthday of his sister was near, and he thought of his late sister filled his head.

 

"Feeling lonely because your soulmate isn't with you?" Min-Joon asked. He was drinking a hot cup of cocoa in the living room due to the cold weather. It has always been his habit during the winter season.

 

The billionaire smiled on seeing his father and he joined him. Luckily there was another cup of cocoa on the table and Baekhyun smiled.

 

"Who's the cup is this?" Baekhyun asked and the man pointed at him with the cup in his hand.

 

"Yours of course."

 

"Oh, I see you knew I wasn't sleeping. Thanks, dad." Baekhyun had a warm smile on his face as he drank the hot cocoa. "Well I miss Byeol, but that's not the only reason I can't sleep." He sipped a little from his cup again before looking at his father.

 

"Mom will be broken again and it will hurt Yeri." The billionaire sighed and so did his father.

 

"I know she will be sad, but not that sad because she now has a new daughter, Byeol. I've never seen my wife smile, laugh, and play to the point of telling Byeol bedtime stories before. I can assure you that she won't be depressed during Yeri's birthday." Min-Joon was certain and Baekhyun nodded.

 

"I hope it turns out that way." Baekhyun nodded and the older man smiled.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Baekhyun was back to his office after the weekend that seemed so long. He was working on a file when Sandra walked into his office without knocking.

The billionaire simply stared at her but remained quiet. 

 

"I'm so sorry for coming late, Sir. Please forgive me." Sandra pleaded with her head bowed down, but the billionaire sighed.

 

"What happened? And why do you look so pale with these huge dark circles around your eyes?" Baekhyun asked and she looked at him, but quickly looked away. 

 

She couldn't bring herself to tell him about her father and sister's plan and she also didn't want to do it. However, the fear of being lonely and left alone was killing her.

 

"There was a lot of traffic. I'm so sorry Sir." She lied and she felt so terrible lying to her boss.

 

"That's alright. You've never done this before, so I will forgive you." Baekhyun stood up and walked closer to her but halted his movement in front of her.

 

"You haven't answered my question yet. Why do you have these dark circles and why do you look so pale?" Baekhyun was worried and concerned, and it made Sandra sad.

 

She lowered her eyes like a puppy and for the first time, Baekhyun saw his little sister, Yeri in Sandra. The same eyes, nose, and lips. The same way Yeri normally behaves when she's hiding something from him.

 

He was lost for a moment, but when Sandra moved away from him, he shook the thought off his head.

 

"I wasn't feeling fine and I didn't have much time to rest during the weekend." She lied again. Baekhyun stared at her for a while, before he nodded.

 

"If that's the case, then you can leave early today, and make sure you have enough rest," Baekhyun said in a soft tone, and it broke Sandra's heart into a million pieces.

 

She nodded and slowly left the office with tears in her eyes. When she got back to her office, she broke down in tears and cried bitterly. She hated herself for lying to Baekhyun, a man that has always taken good care of her and treated her like family, a little sister.

 

She was broken and sad that her tears refused to stop even when she saw Zitao walking into her office. She just let all her sadness and sorrows out and it scared the young man.

 

"Sandra, are you alright? Did Baekhyun scold you for coming late?" Zitao asked. He was concerned about her and also worried, but Sandra shook her head and cried bitterly.

 

"Baekhyun is such a good man. He has been so kind and caring towards him, yet I'm about to hurt him because I'm scared of being alone." Sandra couldn't hold back the burden in her heart and she let it all out. 

 

Zitao was shocked by her confession. As much as he has a crush on Sandra, he still can't sit back and watch her hurt his best friend.

 

"What do you mean by that? How are you going to hurt him?" Zitao walked closer to her and she looked at him with teary eyes before looking at the floor.

She couldn't keep the burden to herself anymore and she decided to open up to her best friend, Zitao.

 

"My family hates me. They see me as nothing but a tool and object to carry out their dirty work, and if I refuse to do, as they say, my father will disown me forever. Last Friday he ordered me to use Baekhyun's phone to send a text message to his father, asking to meet him at their old factory and I believe he's going to kill Byun Min-Joon to get his revenge on him for rejecting my sister's marriage proposal three years ago. I love my boss so much and I don't want to cause him pain. I hate lying to him, but I'm also scared of losing my family and becoming lonely." Sandra sobbed weakly and Zitao knew that she was exhausted.

 

He walked closer to her and gently pulled her to his chest and embraced her. He caressed her hair softly and Sandra felt relaxed for a moment.

 

"It must have been so hard on you. Did you even sleep?" Zitao asked and she shook her head in his chest.

 

"I couldn't."

 

"Well, I guessed so." He gently pushed her from his chest and looked her in the eyes.

 

"Families always stand by each other, and in this case, they're only using you, and eventually, they will also do away with you.  You shouldn't have false hope or hold on to people that see you as an object, but you should walk away and start afresh."

 

"Baekhyun also told me the same thing, but I'm scared he will hate me when I tell him about my family and sister's plan."

 

"He won't hate you, Sandra. Baekhyun is my close friend, he has a heart of gold. Just open up to him, and I promise you that he won't hate you. You have a pure heart and believe me, there is always hope as long as you're still breathing."

 

"There is?" Sandra asked with curiosity in her eyes, but the door to her office was pus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter