Chapter (4)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun kept to the promise he had made to Tina despite his troubled mind. He went over to her house and for a moment he forgot about Byeol until she opened the door for him.

 

"Good morning." She greeted, but Baekhyun said nothing. He only looked at her for a while before making his way into the living room and settled down on the couch.

 

"Please what can I offer you?" Byeol's head was still bowed while she awaited, but Tina having hearing Byeol's, rushed down and slapped the younger on her left cheek, and the poor girl flinched before falling on her knees.

 

Seeing the way Byeol reacted to Tina's hitting made Baekhyun frown. Of course, he hates Byeol for framing him up, but hitting her for no reason is just too much to witness.

 

"Are you mad? Can't you address my fiancé with respect? This is just a warning, the next time you address him plainly without adding Sir to it, then you will be sorry." 

 

"I'm sorry ma'am, please forgive me." Byeol pleaded, she was shaking and I didn't go unnoticed by the billionaire, but he chose to remain silent about it.

 

"Now get out of my sight and make sure the table is set on time." 

 

"Yes ma'am." Byeol got up from the floor with great difficulty and bowed to Tina and Baekhyun before leaving in a hurry.

 

Tina still had a frown on her face until she realized what she just did in front of Baekhyun. She quickly sat beside him and hugged him, but the billionaire simply smiled at her as he doesn't want to get involved.

 

"She has no respect, that's why I slapped her, besides she has always pretended to be a maid in front of others, that's why I treated her like one right now." She explained with a tense smile, but Baekhyun looked at her and sighed.

 

"Why are you telling me this?" 

 

"I don't want you to think that I'm heartless or maltreating her." 

 

"I don't care. She's Byeol, anything you do with her is none of my business." Baekhyun said coldly. He crossed his legs and shut his eyes closed, trying to communicate with his soulmate, but his phone suddenly vibrated in his pocket, he was about to reach for it when he felt the familiar chest pain, he felt suffocated and a wave of sadness washed over him.

 

He folded his fist in anger knowing that something bad was happening to his soulmate. He closed his eyes and tried harder to hear her voice, but he heard nothing, only the voice of Byeol telling Tina that the dining is set.

 

"Honey, let's eat," Tina said and Baekhyun got up and followed her behind. 

 

Getting to the dining, Byeol served the food and stood beside the both of them as they ate. She was told to always stand and watch them whenever they're having their meal till they're done.

 

Baekhyun was already heartbroken that he didn't pay attention to Byeol standing there. He barely ate the food as his mind was occupied with the thought of what his soulmate would be going through.

 

"Water," Tina said while glaring at Byeol, and the younger quickly reached for the water with trembling hands due to her phobia and fear of being hit again, but she couldn't control her hands and a tiny bit of the water poured on Tina's hand.

 

"I'm so sorry ma'am, please forgive me" Byeol pleaded, tears were already welling in her eyes and Baekhyun looked at her and he suddenly thought about his soulmate, but he decided to stay silent and continue with his food.

 

That single mistake provoked Tina, she grabbed the glass of cold water and poured it right into Byeol's face and body, and immediately Baekhyun felt cold running through his whole body.

 

He looked at Byeol and noticed that she was shivering and gasping for air and he got so pissed. Tina's action was so mean. He slammed his fist on the table and Tina quickly looked at him and smiled innocently. 

 

"What's wrong my love?"

 

"Nothing is wrong. I just got irritated at everything happening here. I have to go now, I will call you later tonight." He glanced at Byeol once more and Tina and he frowned.

 

"Get out of my sight this instant." He said to Byeol to protect her from getting more abused by Tina, and Byeol quickly walked away.

 

Baekhyun looked at his girlfriend and he managed to smile. "There's so much I have to do in my mansion, see you." Baekhyun hugged her before taking his leave.

 

Once the billionaire settled in his car, he rested his head on the headset of his seat.  He shouldn't be feeling bad and sad for Byeol, but he just couldn't help it. Seeing the way she was treated made his heart bleed, it reminded him of his soulmate and he hated himself for not standing up for Byeol.

 

"Should I take you home, boss?" The driver asked and Baekhyun sighed before looking at the young man.

 

"No, take me to Jongin's."

 

"Yes, boss."


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Getting to Jongin's mansion, Baekhyun told his best friend all that happened at Tina's house and Jongin felt bad. He also hated the way Byeol was treated by Tina, but he decided to be silent about her wicked behavior.

 

"You need to calm down and relax. You looked stressed, besides, you didn't sleep last night, so please rest here." Jongin the air con, but Baekhyun asked him to turn it off.

 

He didn't know he was exhausted until his body touched the soft bed and he fell into a deep slumber immediately. 

 

Jongin felt bad seeing how stressed his best friend looks while sleeping. He covered Baekhyun properly with the blanket and left for the mall. There are a few things he needs to get, now is the best time to do that.

 

When Jongin got to the mall, he got everything he needed and decided to get some green tea for Baekhyun to ease his stress.

 

Ever since Baekhyun told him about his strange experience, he has watched his friend suffer from countless pain that he feels pity for the billionaire. 

 

However, he also can't imagine what Baekhyun's soulmate is going through. At times he finds it hard to believe that humans can be monsters by the thing they do. 

 

He was about to leave when he saw Byeol pointing towards the line of bottled water while looking at Shi-ah, but the woman slapped her on the face twice and Byeol quickly fell in front of Shi-ah and started pleading in tears. At first, he wanted to walk away and mind his business, but Shi-ah's next action was extremely triggering to behold.

 

He witnessed the older woman taking off one of her heels, and hit Byeol on the head so hard that it began to bleed badly and she passed out immediately.

 

Unable to bear such sight, Jongin quickly rushed over to Byeol and carried her off the cold floor. He didn't bother looking at Shi-ah or anyone else, he just went straight to his car and drove the poor girl to the hospital. 


 

When he arrived at the hospital, he got her admitted and waited for the doctor to attend to her. While waiting, Shi-ah came to the hospital looking sad and apologetic. She knew that Jongin saw everything that happened, and she feared that he might tell Baekhyun everything, so she decided to act fast.

 

She walked over to him and stood in front of him.

"Mr. Kim I can't thank you enough for helping Byeol today. The truth is that I regret my actions, but I was so mad when I saw her kissing and making out with some random guy at the mall. The sight was so shameful that was why I couldn't control myself and I hit her with my shoe. I'm so sorry about my actions." She apologized with fake tears running down her eyes.

 

Jongin simply sighed and looked at Shi-ah for a while before looking away.

 

"Why are you telling me this?

 

"Because I feel bad and I worry that you might inform Mr. Byun about what happened today."

 

Hearing the woman's words got him angry. Of course, he should have known that she wants to keep her wicked deeds from Baekhyun so that he won't hate her for maltreating a poor girl. However, seeing Shi-ah upsets him to his gut and looks away from the woman.

 

"It's none of my business. I only help the girl to prevent death. Baekhyun won't hear about it." Jongin managed to lie to Shi-ah and she smiled on hearing his words.

 

"Thank you."

 

"No need." Jongin got up and walked over to the approaching doctor.

 

"How is she?" He asked worriedly. 

 

"She's out of danger and now sleeping. Although she's down with a fever, don't worry, I already gave her some injections. She will be discharged when she wakes up. These are the prescribed medicines to buy." The doctor assured and gave the list of medicines to him. Jongin sighed in relief on hearing that she's safe.

 

"Thank you, doctor." He turned around and looked at Shi-ah and he folded his fist in anger. As much as he wants to keep Byeol safe and far away from Shi-ah, he can't make any move at the moment. She's still staying with Shi-ah and Tina so he has to still entrust her to them.

 

He walked back to the older woman and stood in front of her before giving her the list of prescribed medicines.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter