Chapter (7)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please read the author's note below this chapter, it's very important.

___________

"There will be no need for you to come up with a plan. It's game over, Shi-ah." Baekhyun's voice was filled with anger as he glared at Tina.

 

Tina couldn't believe it was all real when she saw Baekhyun. She stared at him without blinking, her legs suddenly became weak, she couldn't even form a word of response.

 

The billionaire's glare was no joke. It was intimidating, scary, and full of fury. He walked further into the living room, both his hands were now in his pants pocket like the gentleman he is, but his looks said a different thing.

 

"All these years I loathed an innocent person, I swore to have my revenge, whereas you and your family were behind all the horrible things that happened to Byeol and me. As if that wasn't enough, you turned her into a slave in her own father's house after the death of her parents. You maltreated her to the extent she developed haphephobia. I only had the intention of saving Byeol from you, but when I found out about her phobia, I couldn't turn a blind eye anymore nor could I forgive you. You made my work so much easier by saying all your wicked deeds with your mouth. I have it all recorded and I will send it to the police" 

 

Baekhyun looked away from Tina and her family with so much hatred and disgust in his eyes. He turned to walk away, but Tina rushed over to him and fell on her knees. 

 

"Please Baekhyun, my love, don't do this to me. I know that I did wrong in the past, but it won't happen again. Please forgive me and my family, please have mercy on me, if not for anything, reconsider the fact that I saved your mother's life." 

 

Tina used Baekhyun's weakness on him and the billionaire glared at her. He felt more irritated by her sight, but she was right. She saved his mother's life, she's the only reason he still has a mother.

 

However, he can't allow them to continue living in a house they don't deserve. He has already saved Byeol from them, which is the most important thing, but he won't let them live comfortably.

 

"You and your family have done so much evil to an innocent girl. You took her life away from her and for that, I will punish you all severely. You will return my three million, leave this house immediately, and lastly, am no longer getting married to you anymore. This is my punishment to the three of you, and if you fail to do as I've said, I will get you all arrested for abuse, human trafficking, and defamation. I am Byun Baekhyun, and I mean every single word I say. My bodyguards will be here soon to monitor your departure from this house." 

 

Having said all that, Baekhyun got his money back and left the house ignoring Tina and Shi-ah's cry and plead. He couldn't arrest them because of an act of kindness shown to his mother by Tina, but they have to pay for the wicked deeds and Baekhyun made sure it was more painful than they expected.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Baekhyun rested his head against the headset of his seat at the office. His eyes were shut and his mind was filled with so much sorrow and regrets. He couldn't believe that the person he was about to get married to was the same person that set him up and also ruined Byeol's life.

 

The door to his office was pushed open revealing his best friend who looked very much shocked.

 

"What is this I'm hearing? You mean Tina and her family did such wicked deeds?" Jongin asked as he couldn't believe it was true.

 

The billionaire blinked his eyes open to look at his friend. He could see how surprised Jongin was, but he couldn't even voice out a word. He only nodded his head in confirmation of his friend's question before looking away.

 

Seeing how heartbroken Baekhyun was, Jongin decided to bring him out of it. He sat in front of him and sighed.

 

"I know how you're feeling at the moment, but remember that Byeol is now safe and out of danger. All we should focus on now is getting her from the phobia. She's someone that has suffered a lot in life, let's take care of her and make her whole again."

 

Jongin said and Baekhyun looked at him. He thought about Byeol and all she has been through, and he sighed.

 

"You're right. Tiffany told me about a doctor who specializes in treating haphephobia. She will bring him over to my house this evening by 6 pm. All I want at the moment is for Byeol to be whole." 

 

"That's great. I hope she's getting used to you and the mansion?" Jongin asked and Baekhyun looked at him before smiling.

 

"Dude she just arrived yesterday, she's still getting used to everything, but overall, she's a jovial person."

 

"I can see that." Jongin made a long face while eyeing the bag containing the stainless steel food flask.

 

Seeing what his friend was looking at, Baekhyun laughed and brought out the food flask. It was already noon and it will be a great idea to have their lunch.

 

"I know what you're referring to, but I didn't ask her to pack my lunch, she just did it of which I'm grateful. Let's eat since it's already lunchtime." Baekhyun said and Jongin was excited to eat the food judging from the lovely aroma.

 

"By the way, how is your soulmate doing? Have you heard from her?"

 

"Yes. She reached out to me yesterday night and she told me that she was bought by a man she feared the most who turned out to be a nice man. She sounded extremely happy, and that's all that matters to me." Baekhyun took a spoonful from his food before looking at his friend only to find him staring at him.

 

"Your soulmate's story sounds more like that of Byeol. Are you sure she's not Byeol?" Jongin asked, but the billionaire smiled before shaking his head.

 

"That was my first thought, but when I asked her a few questions I realized that she wasn't the one."

 

"Then the situation is very similar. Well, I can't push it any further, I just hope she's okay." Jongin concluded before continuing with his meal.


 

After having lunch, Baekhyun attended a meeting while Jongin headed back to his company. He had only intended to visit his friend, but having lunch prepared by Byeol made his day.

 

Once the meeting was over, Baekhyun told his secretary what to do while he's away due to his urgent trip to his company in London the next day.

 

He went back to Byeol's previous house. He wanted to make sure they were gone, and indeed no one was left in the house when he arrived. He collected the house key from his men and went straight home since it was already evening.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Byeol was done preparing dinner and she was feeling a bit weak, but it wasn't much of a big deal.

 

She decided to clean up the kitchen, but the sound of the doorbell caught her attention. Knowing who it was, she rushed out of the kitchen, but when she got to the main door she became dizzy, but she focused on opening the door for her master.

 

"Good evening Sir." She greeted and the billionaire smiled at her before making his way into the living room.

 

"Good evening. Hope you're feeling better?"

 

"Yes Sir." She replied and shut the door, but as she rushed over to get a glass of water for Baekhyun, she suddenly felt dizzy again and lost her balance. 

 

Seeing what was about to happen, Baekhyun acted fast by holding her from the back and pulled her to himself to prevent her from getting hurt.

 

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun asked while looking at her, but she stared at him with wide eyes, and at that moment Baekhyun remembered her phobia. He quickly pulled away from her with a look of panic written all over his face.

 

"I'm so sorry Byeol, are you alright? What do I do?" Baekhyun was in a state of shock. He knows how terrible haphephobia is and he was so scared.

 

"I-I'm fine." Byeol stuttered while looking at Baekhyun without blinking. 

 

"You're fine? How can you be fine when I just touched you. Look, don't pretend in front of me, tell me what to do, please."

 

"I'm not pretending Sir, I'm telling the truth. When you saved me from falling just now I felt strange. Normally people's touch on my body feels like fire and it hurts severely for days, but when you held me just now, I felt the opposite of fire. It felt so calming, so soothing and so strange as if an electric wave was transferred into my body." Byeol bit her bottom lip and lowered her eyes. "What is going on?" She muttered to the hearing of her master. 

 

Baekhyun was amazed, he was confused and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter