Chapter (2)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The reason behind your mystery is because you have a soulmate who you're already bonded to." 

 

The billionaire sighed and shook his head. He wasn't surprised at the seer's choice of the world judging from her appearance and the state of the shop. He's one that never believed in things like soulmate and bond. 

 

He looked at Jongin and chuckled. "You heard that right? She just said the impossible." Baekhyun sighed again before looking at the woman.

 

"I thought you could help me out after explaining everything happening to me, but I must say that I expected too much. How on earth can I have a soulmate and even bond to this person?" Baekhyun asked in a disappointed tone but the lady smirked.

 

"It's up to you to believe it or not. But mark my words, you will keep feeling everything that's happening to you until you save your soulmate. She's suffering, her life is slowly coming to an end, and if she dies, you will also suffer the same fate. Remember, you're already bonded to her, save her now before it's too late-"

 

"Nonsense!" Baekhyun cut off her words before she could finish her statement. He looked pissed and Jongin quickly held him by the hand to calm him down, but it was too late.

 

"This is absolute nonsense. I thought you were joking at first, but now I can see that you're insane." He looked at his best friend for a while before looking at the lady.

 

"The truth is that I don't blame you. I brought myself into this mess by coming here in the first place. You can keep your solution or whatever to yourself, I don't want it." Baekhyun swiftly walked out of the shop, but Jongin decided to stay back.

 

He saw some sense in what the seer said and he wanted to know more about it.

 

"Please pardon my friend's rudeness. He doesn't believe in things like this, but I somehow believe you. Is there a way to meet my friend's soulmate? I don't want him to die and I also feel bad for his soulmate."

 

"He will meet her very soon. That's all I can disclose to you, the rest is at the hands of fate to decide." 

 

Jongin sighed. He wanted to inquire more about everything, but the woman has already ended the conversation.

 

"Thank you very much. I shall take my leave now." Jongin bowed before walking out of the shop to join Baekhyun in the car.

 

"Why were you so rude to her? She might be saying the truth you know." Jongin tried to reason with his best friend, but the billionaire got angry and glared at his best friend.

 

"The truth you say? She just said I have a soulmate who I'm already bonded to, and she said if that soulmate dies, I will ask well. Do you think I'm in a joking mood? Do you expect me to believe her nonsense?" The billionaire's tone was high, but he slowly calmed himself down. 

 

"Let's forget about everything, and please don't ever bring up this issue again. You're my best friend, I can't get angry at you, but don't make me regret ever disclosing my problems with you. Let's just get back home and get ready for our flight back home tomorrow." Baekhyun looked away from his friend and Jongin also focused his attention on the road.

 

"I'm sorry for upsetting you. I was only worried about you, that's why I did all this." Jongin drove off feeling hurt and scared about everything. His behavior didn't go unnoticed by the billionaire, but he decided to just let everything rest.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Byeol stared at the food she's about to eat and uncontrollable tears trailed down her heavy eyes. She has been awake for over a day decorating the house to welcome her stepsister back home, and after preparing the food for the guest and all, she was given a plate of dried old bread and water.

 

She remembered her father signing a huge sum of money into her name, but after his death, her stepmother took everything for herself and her daughter, leaving Byeol with nothing. 

 

"When will all this be over? Will I ever be able to live a good and normal life?" Byeol muttered to herself as she took a slice of dry bread and started eating it.

 

She was extremely tired and weak, but she dare not sleep. She ate the two slices of bread and rested her head against the wall beside her. She was about to have a little rest when she heard the sound of her sister's voice and she quickly jerked up and rushed over to the living room.

 

She's aware of her stepsister's hatred for her, but yet she still chose to welcome her home with love.

 

Getting to the living room, she saw her sister talking to her mother and she quickly rushed over to her and bowed in respect since she can't hug her due to her phobia.

 

"Welcome back home sister Chaewon." She looked up to her sister with a smiling face, but what she got as a response was a painful slap on her left cheek and she fell on the floor. She looked at her stepmother and sister with sad eyes. She doesn't know what wrong she has committed to receive such a slap, but then she remembered that she doesn't have to commit any offense to be treated like trash.

 

"What did I do wrong, Chaewon?"

 

"Chaewon?" The older sister got pissed and delivered a hard kick to Byeol's ribs and the younger cried out in pain and drifted away from her.

 

"Are you insane? How many times have I warned you not to address me by the name Chaewon? I've told you to call me Madam Tina, yet you choose to disobey me. Do you wish to die?" Tina asked and Byeol shook her head quickly and began to apologize.

 

"I'm so sorry madam Tina. I will never make such mistakes again, please forgive me." She pleaded but Tina pushed her aside before looking at her mother and they both smiled before hugging each other.

 

"My fiancé is coming over for my welcome back party this evening and you who believe who my darling fiancé is." Tina sounded excited and it made her mother glad seeing the look of happiness in her eyes.

 

"You seem so happy my precious baby. Now tell me who the man is and is he very rich?" Shi-ah asked. All she's after is the money and so is the interest of the daughter.

 

"Rich, you say? My man is extremely wealthy. He's more wealthy than that governor of Seoul. He's a billionaire w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter