Chapter (20)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​Byeol was so excited to have a walk around the villa with Baekhyun. She was quick with bathing and she got dressed on time and she headed straight to the living room to join Baekhyun.

 

She was kind of taken aback when she saw the billionaire looking refreshed and in new clothes.

 

"Did you bathe in another room?" She asked and her question made Baekhyun laugh.

 

"I did." He walked up to her and held her by the hand. He took her around the villa, showing her every single area, and Byeol was beyond fascinated. 

 

She loved the sight in front of her, and her smile of satisfaction gave Baekhyun great joy.

 

"Do you still know how to swim? I remember how good you were back in high school." Baekhyun asked and Byeol looked at him, shock written all over her face.

 

"How did you know I was good at swimming? I never joined the senior swimming competition." She couldn't hold herself back from asking.

 

"I was always around to watch you swim and win those beautiful trophies, and whenever you were happy, I always felt the same. Let's just say I was your biggest fan back then." The billionaire winked at his soul, and Byeol blushed.

 

She was shocked knowing that Baekhyun had always liked her. No, it was clear to her why he didn't hurt her despite her annoying actions towards him.

 

"I'm sorry for everything I did to you back then. I was so mean to you, and for that, I'm sorry." She lowered her head, but Baekhyun sighed and lifted her face by cupping her cheeks.

 

"You don't have to apologize to me, it's all in the past now. All I want is an answer to my question. Are you still good at swimming?" Baekhyun's eyes were filled with love and Byeol felt like melting into his touch.

 

"I think so."

 

"Okay, let's find out about that." Baekhyun led her to the swimming pool section, and Byeol was amazed by the beautiful sight.

She grinned like a baby before turning her attention to Baekhyun.

 

"This is beautiful and very big."

 

"You inspired me to be a swimmer, so let's say my love for it is strong. That's the changing room, all you need is already set. Go change into your swimsuit, I will adjust the temperature of the water to make it moderate." Baekhyun said and Byeol nodded with a smile gracing her face.

 

"Okay." Byeol ran into the changing room, and she changed into her swimsuit. It fit her body perfectly and she looked so gorgeous in it.

 

Baekhyun happened to walk into the room after setting the water, and he was so amazed by the beauty in front of him that he had to stare at Byeol for a few seconds as he admired her overall beauty.

 

"You look amazing." He said and Byeol felt so soft and his warm gaze was just too overwhelming for her.

 

"Thank you." She ran out of the room, but when she got closer to the pool, she grinned again before sitting down to put her legs into the water.

 

A deep sigh of relief escaped when her feet touched the water. It somehow brought back old memories of her late parents and all the good times they had together.

 

She looked up to the bright blue sky and she smiled. "I know you're watching over me mom and dad, and I want you to know that I'm happy and safe. My life is getting back on track because of my soulmate, my angel, Byun Baekhyun." She smiled warmly, but suddenly felt Baekhyun's presence close to her.

 

"Your parents must be proud of you, and I know they're happy that you're beautifully seeing life." Baekhyun sat beside her and embraced her to his bare body.

 

"It's all thanks to you." Byeol looked at Baekhyun, but she was met with his amazing dazzling body and she became all red.

 

Seeing her expression, the billionaire chuckled and dived into the water. "Come on in, it's really fun!" Baekhyun said in excitement and Byeol did as she was told. 

 

She giggled like a child when the billionaire threw water on her and she did the same. It was so much fun playing in the water like children, and the mighty Byun Baekhyun was laughing like a baby.

 

They had so much fun playing and swimming in the water and Byeol looked extremely happy. Baekhyun was full of joy seeing his soulmate in such a mood. They stayed awhile in the water before they headed back to the changing room.

 

_____________


 

Baekhyun took her to other areas of the villa, he showed her everything and she was so excited about it all.

 

"There are two more rooms left to show you, I hope you will love it because that's the surprise I told you about." Baekhyun held her hand and led her to a room at the side of the villa.

 

Once they were inside the room, he switched on the lights in the room and everywhere became bright and clear.

 

"Welcome to our basketball court." He looked at Byeol, and he was happy seeing how excited she looked.

 

"Wow!" She walked around the empty room, looking at the balls and everything in the room. She was extremely happy that Baekhyun didn't give up on his love for basketball.

 

"I was scared you would never play basketball ever again after what happened in the past, but I'm so glad and grateful that you still love basketball."

 

"I got my first wealth from playing basketball in the US. But truth be told, I never felt the same way as before when playing basketball. I had to try harder and push myself despite everything, but I discovered that my love for it was no longer there."

 

"I'm so sorry. You had to go through so much suffering to the extent of hating what you once loved all because of me. I'm so sorry." She hugged him, but the billionaire kissed her hair and hugged her to himself.

 

"You don't have to apologize to me because my love for basketball is back."

 

"It is?" Byeol pulled away to look him in the eye and the billionaire nodded.

 

"Yes, it's back. When I met you again after so many years at Tina's party, I felt angry and happy at the same time. I couldn't tell what was happening to me, why I felt excited seeing you again, and why I felt so drawn to the kiss we shared accidentally. When I got home that evening, I decided to visit my old basketball court just to vent out my anger, and that was when I found myself loving the sport I had no fun playing anymore. You're indeed my soulmate, my better half, my inspiration, my energy. I seriously have no idea what I would become without you." 

 

Baekhyun caressed her face and kissed her forehead before he bent down to pick a ball.

 

"I'm glad you're mine." The billionaire cooed softly and Byeol smiled and ran to him and she kissed him on the lips. She didn't mind about her status or position or anything. All that mattered to her at the moment was her soulmate.

 

Baekhyun was shocked at her sudden move, he didn't expect her to kiss him, but he was damn happy. He wrapped his hand around her waist and he kissed her passionately, pouring his love into the kiss.  He slowly parted his lips and pulled slightly away from the kiss and tilted his head to the opposite side, and he deepened the kiss, making it extremely mind-blowing and hot.

 

When he finally pulled away from the kiss, Byeol was all red and shy. She leaned against his chest and Baekhyun embraced her.

 

"And I'm grateful that you're mine too." She muttered to his hearing. Felt safe in his embrace and she was extremely grateful that they belonged to each other.

 

Byeol pulled away and picked up one of the balls, and she threw it to Baekhyun. "Are you in for a match?"

 

"I'm all in, but don't expect me to go easy on you because I won't, baby." Baekhyun teased and winked at Byeol, making her smile.

 

"I don't want you to go easy because I won't do the same either." She walked closer to him and caressed his chest and she lifted her head to meet his eyes.

 

"I wonder why your heart is saying a different thing from what you're telling me though. You know that I can now read your mind the same way you can read mine because I initiated the kiss." She winked at him and the billionaire smiled warmly. He stared at Byeol for a while, admiring her beauty, then he reached his right hand to touch her hand on his chest and he caressed it gently.

 

"I love you." Baekhyun brought her hand to his mouth and kissed it. Byeol got shy and ran off. 

 

"I love you too." She shouted and she got into the game. Baekhyun smiled and joined her. 

 

They had fun playing, and Baekhyun was amazed by the way Byeol played. It was as if he was playing basketball with Byeol from high school. Overall, they had so much fun playing.


 

"You still have the spirit. I'm impressed." Baekhyun shut the door to the room after they had rested a lot.

 

"I'm also surprised that I still got this." 

 

"That's because you're still you. Come with me, there's one more surprise left for you." Baekhyun led her to the room next to the basketball court, and when he opened the door and switched on the lights, Byeol's mouth dropped in shock.

 

The room was filled with martial arts and boxing equipment. It looked exactly like her formal martial art school when she was still in high school. 

Byeol couldn't believe her eyes, she was excited at the sight in front of her. 

 

"Do you like it?"

 

"I love it!" Byeol picked up a set of boxing gloves and advanced towards a punching bag, and she delivered some hard punches to the bag that the billionaire was amazed at her strength and strong punches.

 

She spent time trying out different fighting tools, while Baekhyun just watched her every move. He was very impressed at her knowledge and skills in karate and taekwondo. 

 

Byeol seemed lost in her world, she was having so much fun and Baekhyun was enjoying every bit of what she had to offer. He was cheering for her when his phone rang out, he sighed when he saw that it was his mom calling and ignored the call.

 

He felt bad for not picking his mother's call, but he couldn't erase the memories of what happened to Byeol and the way he saw her on the cold floor. He just couldn't bring himself to talk to his mother or face her, not until she realized that he's no more a kid who she can order around, but accept the fact that he's now a man with his own will and desires.

 

"I love this place so much. Come join me, let's have a match!" Byeol shouted to get his attention. She felt his sudden sadness, and the only way she could get him to be happy is to distract him. 

 

Baekhyun looked at her and smiled before getting up. "Of course." He dropped his phone and grabbed a set of boxing gloves and he joined.

 

They had so much fun that none of them kept track of time till it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter