Of Coffee and Sparks!

Finding Love One Afternoon

Having ice cold coffee spilled all over his new Prada suit jacket, was not on his agenda when he walked in to café Paradise two hours ago! Slipping off the jacket so as not to cause distress to the trembling kitten in front of him, not after finally getting his head in the game and the balls to approach him! 

 

Chanyeol thinks back to when he entered earlier, he had instantly received a kind smile from the lady behind the till.  It was like she knew he would be in and just handed him an iced Americano, the one he isn't wearing! He realised he still had a bit of time before the cute barista arrived, so he went on to choose a seat at the back of the café where he studied the wallpaper. Only to gasp in wonder when he realised it wasn't wallpaper but a mural!  A strange prideful feeling filled him when he read Baekhyun's name in the little box in the corner of it, it wasn't much later when said beautiful creature rushed in to the café. 

 

Chanyeol had immediately sat up straighter in his chair as his eyes followed every move of the man he now knows goes by the name of Baekhyun. Chanyeol hadn't really noticed until he saw Baekhyun again just how petite the man was. Chanyeol has no doubt his hands would be able to encase one of those delicate hands, and arms in one of his hands. Those Beautiful clear cerulean blue eyes the clearest he has ever seen, even from the back of the cafe Chanyeol could see that Baekhyun has that famed glass skin, his skin tone is so pale it's almost translucent, and against the red of his hair makes that pale luminous skin sparkles when ever he moves.  Even being around he who shall not be named,  as long as he had still never saw him with such clear and healthy skin!

 

Shaken out of his much more pleasant daydream Chanyeol hasn't missed how the café plunged into silence when the shy little kitten in front of him all but jumped out his skin and accidently poured the drink over him! Cursing at himself for forgetting that Baekhyun is extremely delicate, it breaks his heart to see the tears forming so quickly in Baekhyun's beautiful eyes. That is before the beautiful creature dropped to his knees refusing to look at him! It's so strange to him that all he wants to do is jump over the counter and protect the trembling little kitten, his thoughts are cut off when the kind lady who gave him his first coffee and is always here when he drops by rushes up and heads straight to the man behind the counter.

 

Baekhyun can't believe he has been so stupid just one more thing his parents will be disappointed over, lowering his head he doesn't see the intensity of the eyes locked on to his every move. Sniffling quietly he quickly bends down to get some paper towels, making a mental note to promise to ask his mother to take the dry cleaning bill out of his wages. Seconds later he feels a his mums gentle hand on his shoulder pulling him upright turning towards her, he is desperate to apologise

 

"Mr Park, I am so sorry please do let me know the bill for dry cleaning!" Baekhyun takes a deep breath and shakily gets to his feet, instantly calming when he doesn't see any disgust on Park Chanyeol's face, Baekhyun can feel his heartbeat increase when he finally grants Park Chanyeol with eye contact, he is surprised to see such mesmerizing chocolate eyes, eyes that only hold kindness! The hand on his arm breaks whatever spell he has been under as he watches his mother talk by lip reading "I really must insist that you allow us to compensate you Mr Park."

 

Normally Baekhyun hates it when strangers watch him communicate with sign language, yet the way Park Chanyeol continues to stare at him makes him feel safe and protected! Baekhyun encouraged by the serenity surrounding them, gently taps his mums hand! Mama it was my fault, I dropped the drink when I was meant to put it on your tray! Mr Park was at the till and his presence spooked me. I know it was careless of me to not be paying attention, please let me pay for the dry cleaning out of my wages. Baekhyun waits patiently for his mum to relay the message but is caught off guard when she smiles at him before looking at the Adonis still wearing that gorgeous smile before turning back to face him "why don't you suggest that idea to our guest, it will be more personal!"

 

Baekhyun eyes widen as he frantically moves his hands mama, "Baekhyun I know you have your phone on you, I haven't missed how you have been desperate to see this man again here is your chance." Knowing taking this step is most likely the bravest thing he has done in so so long, with trembling hands he grabs his phone and types out I am so very sorry Mr Park, please allow me to personally pay for the dry cleaning, I apologise for the inconvenience I have caused to your day! Bowing low as he hands his phone over to Park Chanyeol, he almost gasps when he feels a sudden spark of electricity when their hands brush each other.

 

Surprise fills him when his phone is handed back with a message of can you lip read, raising his head he can't help but return his own gentle smile as he nods frantically. "That's really good to here, I will not accept your offer for dry cleaning, you can repay me buy joining me for a coffee, that's if your boss can spare you?"  Baekhyun watches as his mum nods happily before she turns to face Chanyeol head on, seconds later she is signing to him to take of his apron.

 

Mama I can't just go have coffee, do you know who he is?  Baekhyun can only watch as his mother rolls her eyes, and tugs further at the apron he wares,  before gently touching  his face. "You can and you will Baekhyun, for too long I have watched you stand on the sidelines because you think you're not worthy of anyone's love  and attention you my son are worth all that and more! So go have and have that drink! Who knows Baekhyun you may even end up more then you bargained for!" Beakhyun can feel the heat rising in his cheeks at the same time he admonishes mama. All he feels next is the shove away from the counter, taking a deep breath he makes sure he has his phone and heads over to the man who once again has that kind smile across his incredibly handsome face.

 

Chanyeol keeps what he hopes is his gentle smile in place as the shy little kitten gracefully walks towards him, he can't help but think how cute he is with those rosy cheeks.  His stomach has butterflies, a feeling he hasn't had for a long long while. No he will not think of that low life not know, it's been almost 19 months since he saw that cheating rat! Finally hearing the chair in front of him pull out he smiles wider as he watches Baekhyun take a seat, those delicate fingers already speed typing on his phone.

 

He doesn't get time to say anything as the phone is in his hand displaying a message,  I really am sorry, are you sure you don't want me to compensate you for the spill? Shaking his head as he passes the phone back, watching the way baekhyun scrunches up his nose in confusion is just adorable! Chanyeol has a feeling this poor boy doesn't get invited to have coffee often,  Chanyeol watches as that beautiful flush seems to intensify, stirring long forgotten feelings! Placing his hand on the table so as not to scare him, "I can sense that things haven't been easy for you Baekhyun?" Chanyeol watches as Baekhyun shakes his his head before sliding his phone across the table how do you know my name?

 

Chanyeol smiles "I could be very suave and say I have my ways, please don't panic I was told you name by someone writing on my take out pastry box, I also assume you know who I am?" Chanyeol watches as the smaller male nods quickly before shaking his head in an exasperated manor once again sliding his phone across the table, I have a pretty good idea who wrote in your pastry box, most likely it was my mum! Chanyeol can feel his own cheeks redden at that little nugget of information, yet feels the breath leave his body at the shy smile Baekhyun wears.  Hoping he isn't crossing any line "will you teach me how to say your name in sign language?"

 

Chanyeol watches as Baekhyun appears to gasp and those beautiful blue eyes glaze over with crystal tears, he can only watch as those delicate fingers quickly type before shakily handing him a phone. Chanyeol has never been more aware of just how privileged he is by what he reads, no one has ever asked me to show them how to say my name in sign language this means so much thank you! That admission from such an innocent and shy young man has hm silently vowing to protect this gentle creature for as long as he will allowed to, Handing back the phone gasping as once agin he feels that sting of electricity, taking a deep breath he whispers "I promise I will never hurt you, or make fun of you!  I would really like to get to know you  better Baekhyun, I'm entranced by everything about you! I know you feel something between us, that shock just now tell me I wasn't alone in feeling it? Chanyeol delights in the fervent nod he gets in return, he watches as Baekhyun puts his phone down glances around the cafe before sitting up straight.  So as not to scare off Baekhyun he mimics the stance of the young man whilst nodding  for him  to continue.  Never more in awe of  the motions of those tiny hands, then he is now  he sets about learning this most important secret.

 

Italics  have been used when Baekhyun is either using his phone or sign language. Please do let me know what you think :)