Date Night Part One

Finding Love One Afternoon

Six weeks after the ABC news announcement Baekhyun's P0V

Baekhyun lets himself into Chanyeol's penthouse using the access code Chanyeol gave him.  Gently shutting the door behind him, the comforting fresh citrus and sea-salt scent of Chanyeol's favoured candles instantly relax him as he feels the tension in his shoulders disappear! It's been a whirlwind six weeks since Sehun's press release and ABC's surprisingly supportive coverage, thankfully now the shock of their relationship has worn off the press doesn't photograph him like  Sehun warned him could happen and he dreaded! Yes, he gets snapped at in the café on occasions especially when Chanyeol is present,  which is annoying as he really just wants to kiss his boyfriend in peace. 

 

The saving  grace in all of this though, is that not one person has caught him using sign language yet! Baekhyun knows now after years of bullying he endured he has nothing to be ashamed of! He knows it's only a matter of time before the media do find out, he just didn't want a complete invasion of his privacy. Especially after the gold digger comments, they did sting a little despite his best efforts not to believe what he read. He was so touched when Sehun himself messaged him asking for a meeting to discuss what would happen if possible media leak occurred. There was even a support KSL guide to support him the whole meeting. Sehun was so very welcoming, he explained several possible outcomes of what he could do to lessen the shock of the media interpretation of him being disabled. All before Sehun himself declared he too was trying to learn some KSL, he even let slip that Chanyeol's family were not only keen to meet him but were also going to be learning some KSL. All in effort to welcome him, so he would be comfortable. Baekhyun had there and then burst in to tears at the gratitude, even more so when mere minutes later he was enveloped in the warm supporting weight of his boyfriends arms. He couldn't believe when said boyfriend dried his tears and surprised him with the cutest picnic lunch in his office.  Chanyeol had even used his phone to reassure him that understood why he didn't want to shout it to the world about being deaf,  and would do all in his power to support him and wasn't above suing the media if it came to that.

 

What annoys him the most right now, is how some of the snootier classmates he has are constantly trying to befriend him but only to get snapped with him or to have him give them their details to Chanyeol. On one particular occasion and the only time Chanyeol met him at the art campus to pick him up, he watched as a rather inappropriately dressed female student approach his boyfriend. He then had to watch as she had the audacity to hand Chanyeol her card, Chanyeol later told him the card contained her number and a rather lewd message to call him for a fun ride! Baekhyun at first felt the onslaught of tears, feeling ever so insignificant to his peers and upset at how someone could be so brash! That all changed when he and the rest of the art campus watched as Chanyeol tuted and ripped the card clean in two.  To make his stance clear Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol  stalked over to where he stood and kissed him softly before guiding him to his fancy Audi, his hand never leaving his back! It was the only time Chanyeol picked him up from college, as once again his insecurities got the better of him. 

 

Baekhyun shakes his head as he takes off his shoes,  now is not the time for a trip down memory lane. He has a dinner to prepare so heads straight to the kitchen of his dreams Baekhyun gently places his satchel on the floor, before picking up the bag of groceries he bought. Looking around at the sleek navy oak wooden units and crisp white marble work tops, he truly wishes he was much more accomplished in the cooking department. He gave up on baking when his father chased him out the kitchen at the café some years ago. But looking around this room with its fancy central induction hob, and retractable fan before his eyes fall on the packed double-sided shelf that acts as wine rack. He is kind of sorry that Chanyeol won't be coming home to a gourmet dinner fit to match one of those fancy wines he can't pronounce.

 

Baekhyun smiles to himself as he sets about getting the homemade kimchi, he helped make out of his shopping bag. They could have gone out to either their favourite samgyetang cart or to the uber posh steak place his gorgeous man favours. When he text Chanyeol messaging that he would be happy with a take-out and a subtitled movie, Chanyeol had responded that was fab idea but instead of take out he wanted something comforting and homemade. Baekhyun had eagerly agreed offering that he would  go to the grocery store for ingredients and cook something, and would also bring over some home made kimchi as a side dish. Definitely the right choice as all he got in return was a thups up emoji that made him feel all tingly inside. 

 

Baekhyun gets more of the goodies out of his shopping bag, instead of a cold walk in the park with their favourite street food or in his eyes overpriced steaks! Tonight, they have beer, spicy cold noodles and grilled pork shoulder, mainly because it's one of the only things Baekhyun knows how  too cooks well. Pleased as well that the dishes he can cook will be perfect comfort food for the end of Chanyeol's long hard day. Checking the clock, he sees that Chanyeol should be home in about an hour, just enough time for him to pick the movie set the subtitles and cook up a feast.

 

One Hour Later & Chanyeol's POV

Chanyeol opens his front door to be hit with the very much welcome aroma of grilled meat, sesame and something delectably spicy in the air. He can't help but feel warm all over, mainly over the fact that his beautiful kitten has cooked them dinner! It's all so domesticated and makes him smile to know Baekhyun is comfortable in his home, he knew the minute everything was made official and he witnessed just how happy and humble Baekhyun has been is how he knows he has found someone very special! 

 

The feelings  he gets whenever he sees Baekhyun are far greater then any feeling he had for Adam. Chanyeol remembers how Adam excited him at first,  but as the years went on he knew deep down that he was grasping at sand. Perhaps in hindsight he would of realised Adams excessive partying and drinking was because he was bored! That Adam hated how mundane and ordinary their life in his eyes had become, was what probably led to his cheating. Chanyeol has no doubt it was  also the thrill of getting caught that caused Adam to cheat! Discovering Adam on his knees certainly killed whatever vestiges of love he felt for that man. 

 

Shaking his head he doesn't want to think of that man tonight, not when he can focus his energy on someone who's smile melts away all his pain. Toeing off his shoes he creeps through his lounge to find Netflix already set with a film ready to start. Hearing the scrapping of bowls in the kitchen he creeps closer to his kitchen, smiling at what a gorgeous vison he sees before him. His beautiful kitten dressed in one of his hoodies, one so large is falls off milky collarbones. A pair of soft jersey pants that mould to every curve of his and hips, all for his eyes to feast over. 

 

He watches Baekhyun carefully split noodles between bowls with the cutest look of concentration on his face, Chanyeol can feel the stress of long day melt Knowing he won't be heard he leaves his spot at the door, and before his kitten can do anything else he gently wraps his arms around that slender waist, just as he feels Baekhyun start to panic he quickly and softly kisses the back of Baekhyun's neck before releasing his hostage. A giggle escapes him when Baekhyun turns with a pout on his lips, "I'm sorry baby I couldn't help my self" Chanyeol feels himself smile even wider when his kitten returns his smile especially when he nods at the fluid hand movements his kitten uses for are you hungry? Nothing makes him happier then watching his kittens soft smile bloom in to something so magical after they converse without a phone. He's no expert yet, but thanks to Baekhyun's patience and the KSL course he devotes as much free time as he can he has picked up some basics. "Smells amazing" shall we eat these as we watch iron man 2, I have it set ready?  "How are you always so perfect?"  All Chanyeol does is smile and fall a little bit more in love when he watches his kitten grab the bowls of grilled pork, Kimchi and cold noodles before shrugging his shoulders.