A Knight Called Chanyeol

Finding Love One Afternoon

Devastation and embarrassment is all Baekhyun feels coursing through his veins, as he dares a peeks down at what was brilliant black high gloss marble tiles. His heat breaks at what he sees those shiny tiles are covered with an assortment of Americano, matcha croissants and the one thing that truly causes him to sob. His top of the range iPhone he saved up for over six months for, in order to have better communication with everyone now lies in a pool of  the cold Americano on the floor, he has to close his eyes so as not to let out a silent sob as notices chunks of his screen missing.  It's no use he can feel himself starting to hyperventilate at the loss of his main source of communication, the sudden gentle squeeze on his back isn't from strong muscled arms of his boyfriend! 

 

The soft  warm palm pressed to his back is one he instantly recognises, it's his older brother! Baekhyun  opens his eyes and turns towards his brother, too embarrassed to face Chanyeol. His resolve to be brave is fast leaving him at the reality that even a simple trip to his boyfriend has ended with him running the surprise and loosing his phone in the process! The whole experience brings flashbacks to when his palm pilot was smacked out of his hand, as he hates to admit it, today like being back at school! Turning fully to his brother he's surprised to find fire in his eyes, that fire focused on the witch behind the glossy desk. His own eyes widening when he spies the two other men standing behind Chanyeol! Great more people to witness his embarrassment! 

 

Aware that his next move will probably crush the man who he's fast falling for, and who's chest he can feel vibrating with anger! He closes his eyes again hoping that this gorgeous man will understand that right now he needs the comfort of his brother and a quiet place to his wounds. Ever so gently Baekhyun takes a step back from the arms of the man who rushed to his aid. He can't decipher the look on Chanyeol's face it's a strange mix between anger, and confusion.  Turning fully to his brother and hoping the witch and goons are front and centre to witness what he does next, he raises his hands and and lets the familiar fluidity of sign language take over. Hunnie do you have your phone, all he can do is drop his hands and deflate further when Luhan shakes his head, as he watches his brother respond  signing back I can go and get it, I just I really don't want to leave you alone!

 

Beakhyun eyes widen when Luhan opens his arms to him, about to take a step closer he stops when he suddenly feels a tug on his elbow. Confused he turns back to Chanyoel to see soft eyes as Chanyeol signs his name, Baekhyun. That small gesture is followed by a happy feeling so touching he almost bursts in to tears again, calmness taking over when Chanyeol just takes a steps closer before  gently grabbing his hand before placing a top of the range vertus phone in his hand. Not just that Baekhyun can even see a message already typed out! Baby, head back to my office with Luhan he knows the way you can use my ensuite to freshen up.

 

A silent gasp leaves him when he feels a very soft kiss to his forehead, Baekhyun can feel his eyes widen at the realisation Chanyeol just kissed his temple in front of people! That kiss is followed by vibrations against his temple, its only seconds before his hand his clasped by similar small fingers and that warm family palm on his back that start to pull him  away. He catches the softness in Chanyeol's eyes as he nods once, before that softness morphs back to the anger he saw earlier. Beakhyun lets himself  be pulled away,  not before he sees the tears in the eyes of the receptionist as Chanyeol turns to her, he is pulled too far away from the scene to catch much of what Chanyeol says all he catches are the words are how dare you!

 

Chanyeol's POV, 

Chanyeol  waits until he sees Baekhyun and Luhan retreat round the corner, before turning to stare down the woman behind this whole drama! Chanyeol hates that she continues to retain her haughty demeanour, not a smudge of remorse anywhere ! He doesn't even spare the security guards a glance for fear he may punch each of them, thankful that he hears Sehun intervene and lead them out.  Sehun's voice echoing down the hallway, "thank you gentlemen I think you've done enough for today! Perhaps next time you can clear it with a senior staff member before attempting to intimidate visitors! We will also be billing your office for the replacement of the phone you broke" Chanyeol smiles smugly as Sehun rolls his eyes as he follows the two men out, never more thankful at just how on the ball Sehun is! Just one thing bothers him and that is he can't believe he forgot all about Runa's holiday, there is no way his kind and welcoming receptionist would call for security for anything! He recalls something his assistant said about a temp being here for the two weeks Runa is off. Even now as Chanyeol stares at the temp, he does remember with perfect clarity however how this woman's cleavage became more exposed and her shirt buttons opened more provocatively every time he walk passed over the last two weeks!  Even now said woman has to much red lipstick and far too tight a blouse, it's not a nightclub he's running! 

 

"I'm waiting for an explanation as to why security were called?" "Mr Park, I feared he was a reporter trying to  gain accesses there was nothing on the planning log indicating you were expecting anyone!"  "Fair comment, may I ask did you happen to ask him why he was here?" "I did ask if he had an appointment, he just shook his head,"  Chanyeol has a good idea of what happens next, he has no doubt that his nervous kitten tried to explain with his phone! "Did the young man present his phone with messaged typed out?" "Yes Mr Park the message said he knew you personally, like I said though Mr Park I feared he was here to snoop as he had such a nervous disposition!" Chanyeol shakes his head completely exasperated with the woman behind the desk, Chanyeol can feel that anger simmering agin in his veins at her blatant admittance she didn't give Baekhyun a chance! 

 

"Let me clue you in Ms?" "Cliff" "Ms Cliff the young man's name is Baekhyun and is in fact more than a snoop and delivery boy. You Ms Cliff called security on my boyfriend, the correct action would of been calling for me the moment you read that he knew me! Now the reason he used his phone to ask to see me must be obvious now!" Chanyeol takes great delight in the crestfallen look the temp has, it won't save her though. "What you should have done when Baekhyun showed you his phone was connect directly with me, not call in a goon squad! Not only has it resulted in the damage too my office floor. What's worse is all of younhave intimidated someone very special to me! If that wasn't bad enough this whole ordeal has damaged a vital source of communication, from where I stand its obvious none of you took the time to realise, or even ask why he wasn't verbally defending himself!" 

 

"Ms Cliff Baekhyun is deaf"  Chanyeol takes great delight in watching the colour drain from the woman's face, Chanyeol turns to Jongdae who beams at him with that wicked smile! It's the one that sends shivers down his back, no one wants to be on the receiving end of that smile! "Chan why don't you head back to your office maybe take baekhyun back home to calm him down. I shall handle this and your contract meeting" nodding his head so as not to give away too much, he kinds wants to wait around to see the fallout from Jongdae firing the receptionist.  Chanyoel feels that familiar ache when he thinks of how lost a certain red head looked, happy to have somewhere more important to be Chanyeol races back to his office whilst hearing Jongdae's "your fired" vibrating down the hallway.

 

Chanyeol stands at the door to his office, ignoring his glossy black desk and iMac, his attention very much on the red haired petite man sat on his blue leather sofa. Chanyeol feels relief rush through him to find Baekhyun seems calmer and doesn't have tears falling down his face. Chanyeol watches as those delicate hands move swiftly in the air, turning to the other male on the sofa Chanyeol can't help but feel envious of  how easy the brothers communicate and hopes that one day he will be able

to communicate with Baekhyun like that too. A sudden presence beside him almost makes him jump, as he turns to find Sehun standing beside him a shiny box in his hands. "The perks of working in public relations with the Parks,  I get a lot of merchandise from companies who are dying to have you low key endorse! I just so happened to have this brand new iPhone 12 on my desk." Chanyeol watches as Sehun s the box in his hands, " you mean your charging the buildings security team for a free phone, Sehun your bloody brilliant!" "I know aren't you glad I work for you, now go in there and truly make that boy smile." 

 

Chanyeol turns to say thank you but all Sehun does is shake his head as he turns to leave, "I'm happy for you, I haven't seen you this happy for 18 months now going finish being a knight in shinning armour." Chanyeol can only smile at his publicist back, he has no idea where he would be with out him! Turning back to his office he sees Baekhyun looking lost and fidgety, he must be so lost with out his phone, desperately wanting to put the smile back on his beautiful boyfriends face he enters his office to find both Luhan and Baekhyun staring at him. Wanting to show Baekhyun this whole fiasco is not his fault he hurries across the room getting down on his haunches in front of Baekhyun, grateful Luhan has moved away. His Beautiful Baekhyun who's ethereal beauty and kind heart, has made his own heart unfreeze. He hasn't missed how his kitten still fidgets in the absence of his phone. 

 

Chanyeol takes those delicate fidgety hands giving each a squeeze, "baby I know this wasn't what you had planned today, and I know your probably panicking over your phone." Chanyeol smiles softly as those beautiful blue eyes widen when he realises his hands are now full of a brand new phone "please I know you will try not to accept it, the phone is yours baby" seeing the tears in Baekhyun's eyes, Chanyeol gently lifts his hand and wipes the tears away, "what do you say to ditching this stuffy office and heading to get some hot honey cakes?" He won't tell him that he also has something else up his sleeve,  that he knows will mean the world to Baekhyun too. Chanyeol beams both in side and out, when he sees Baekhyun hold the phone close to his chest and nod excitedly like a new puppy!

 

Let me know what you think, I apologise if there are missed spelling and grammar errors I have I missed 

I can't thank you all enough for reading ❤️❤️❤️❤️