19. Kang Hanbit

Lords of the Underworld
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kang Hanbit

 

Haneul stumbled to the ground as she heard Jun’s words echoing in her head.

 

“Yes. I killed your brother.”

 

She hoped that none of the Immortals had anything to do with her brother’s death, but without even denying it, Jun had spoken.

 

Haneul shook her head and cried miserably. “W-Why did you kill him?” she asked.

 

Jun didn’t answer her. No, he couldn’t answer her. Simply because there was no explanation. 

 

Jun was an Immortal who couldn’t die just from a bullet. Meanwhile, Kang Hanbit was human and it was his own bullet that killed him.

 

Jun had nothing to explain because he was ready to take on the guilt and the punishment Haneul had for him.

 

If he hadn’t approached Hanbit in that forest, maybe he would’ve never threatened that gun at Jun and Jun wouldn’t be standing in front of Hanbit in defense. Even more so, that bullet wouldn’t bounce off of Jun and back to Hanbit.

 

Jun couldn’t explain it. He couldn’t put it into words.

 

His chest ached as he watched Haneul cry uncontrollably, spewing curse words at him once in a while. Unknowingly, tears welled up in his own eyes as he watched the human on the floor, cradled between Mingyu’s arms.

 

There was just silence in the room. The rest of the Immortals knew that this was something they couldn’t avoid.

 

“I’ll handle this myself,” Jun thought and it carried into the rest of the Immortals’ minds. The Immortals looked at him as if he had just betrayed them. “I owe it to her. Let me handle this. Please.”

 

The Immortals had no choice, but to step aside. Mingyu slowly stood up from beside Haneul and walked away. 

 

Jun stood before Haneul in a mere second and looked down at her.

 

Haneul raised her head and the eyes that glared into Jun’s was one he had never seen before.

 

It was eyes of pure hatred. Those eyes were ready to devour him. 

 

He absolutely hated that look. 

 

And he especially hated it on Kang Haneul.

 

Haneul stumbled as she stood up before Jun. She glared directly into Jun’s crimson red eyes. She stood unfazed, fists clenched beside her.

 

At that moment, Haneul really wanted to hurt Jun. She wanted to avenge her brother and kill the Immortal.

 

But she knew better.

 

She knew that he was invincible. She knew that Jun couldn’t be killed so easily.

 

What she could do was guilt trip Jun so much that the Immortal would feel her own pain.

 

Those vicious eyes that glared at Jun began to waver.

 

Before Haneul could take action, Minghao and Joshua flashed next to Haneul, knocking her out before she could do anything.

 

Jun glared at his friends, “Why? Why didn’t you just let her hurt me!” he roared loudly, tears falling from his eyes.

 

“She’s not in the right state of mind. She can’t control her own feelings. Once she wakes up, we will explain everything to her from the beginning,” Joshua told Jun.

 

“Let’s just hope she understands,” Minghao added after and patted Jun on the shoulder. The latter wiped his tears and looked at Haneul in Joshua’s arms.

 

“Let me. I’ll take her,” Jun mumbled and took Haneul from Joshua. Jun spun on his heels and left the other Immortals behind as he climbed the stairs with an unconscious human in his arms.

 

“I’m so sorry,” Jun whispered down to Haneul, kissing the top of her head. “I’ll let you do anything to me when you wake up. I’m so sorry,” Jun apologized over and over again.

 

He disappeared into his room moments later and placed Haneul down on his bed. He watched over her the entire day until she woke up.

 

☾★☾★☾★☾★☾★☾★☾★☾★☾★☾★☾★☾★☾★

 

A few hours later passed and Jun hadn’t moved from Haneul’s side. 

 

He stared at Haneul as she breathed evenly. He took her hands in his and just kept apologizing for what he had done. 

 

Meanwhile, Haneul was floating between a consciousness and unconsciousness state. In her unconscious state, she saw herself and her twin brother. 

 

They were young and full of life. Then, she saw them as young adults, living together under one roof. After that, the only thing she could see was Hanbit’s back. He had turned away from her and he was walking into the darkness without looking back.

 

Haneul’s eyes shot open and she stared up at the ceiling. She realized that someone was holding her hands. She looked over and saw Jun. He was looking down at her with the saddest eyes. 

 

For a brief second, Haneul wanted to caress him. That thought quickly vanished and Haneul was once again convinced Jun had murdered her older brother. 

 

“ off,” she cursed, pulling her hand away from Jun's abruptly, and sat up from the bed. She glared at Jun and wanted to strangle him until he was no longer breathing. 

 

Haneul knew that he wasn’t that easy to hurt so in her current condition, she just sat in silence, glaring at Jun as the Immortal stared back at her. 

 

“I’m so ing sorry,” Jun apologized. “I know nothing I say will convince you othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter