09. Jihoon and Jun (Keeper of Treachery and Death)

Lords of the Underworld
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's Note; So that ends the Immortals' introductions. Hopefully the background information will be useful once we get into the story. Now this is where we will pick up at the end of this chapter, the original start of Lords of the Underworld.

 

Hold tight. The tale is just beginning ;)

 

P.S. Please comment so I know there are actual readers ㅠ^ㅠ

 

Treachery & Death.

 

“Are you all ready?” Hoshi asked the special team.

 

The four Immortals glanced at each other and then at their weapons attached to their body. They grinned and nodded at Hoshi. 

 

“You all know what to do then. Good luck,” Hoshi said and stared at the four Immortals responsible for searching the forest for any enemies lurking about. 

 

They were Hansol, Seungkwan, Jihoon, and Jun. 

 

Pride, Deceit, Treachery, and Death. What a great combo, isn’t it?

 

Jihoon saluted Hoshi and followed Hansol out the door with the other two Immortals, Seungkwan and Jun following closely behind. 

 

“Seungkwan,” Hoshi stopped Seungkwan before he could make it out the door and disappeared. Seungkwan turned his head and stared at Hoshi, the Immortal he had always respected. “Be careful,” Hoshi mumbled, patting the younger on the shoulder. 

 

Seungkwan knew that it was Hoshi, the real Hoshi, speaking to him like in the past.

 

Seungkwan nodded, “Yeah! We’ll be back,” Seungkwan exclaimed and shut the door behind him. 

 

The rest of the Immortals could do nothing else, but wait for their safe return.

 

Once down the hill and in the middle of the forest, the special team stopped and listened for any sounds. They listened carefully and smirks suddenly shaped their lips. 

 

“Looks like they’re already here,” Seungkwan mumbled. 

 

Hansol and Jun nodded, “Seems so,” the Immortals replied. 

 

“They’re heading this way,” Jihoon whispered and ducked behind a tall tree. The other three went into hiding as well. 

 

Jihoon’s ears perched upwards, alerting him of the enemies nearing the Immortals’ territory. He turned his head and signaled to Seungkwan. 

 

Seungkwan nodded at the gesture and nudged Hansol who was right next to him. Hansol nodded and winked back at Jun.

 

The special team were on their knees and ready to take on whoever was on the other side of the tall trees.

 

Jihoon smirked as a human approached the tree he hid behind. 

 

Minghao was right after all.

 

Before the human could come any closer, Jihoon chose to interrupt the human’s mind. 

 

In a blink of an eye, the human spun around and walked towards his accomplices. 

 

The human’s body began to shake in front of his accomplices and he started to have a seizure before his eyes turned into white pupils. He began to chant something incoherent under his breath as his accomplices stared with rounded eyes. 

 

That was the doing of Treachery who had taken control of the poor human’s mind.

 

The humans within the vicinity started to panic, looking around while squeezing their weapons by their sides. 

 

The human who had been in Treachery’s control began to have another seizure and he fell to the ground, passed out in front of his accomplices. Everyone screamed in horror and ran in separate directions. 

 

Jihoon. Known to be the master of ‘dirty tricks’ and the mindcontroller. 

 

The keeper of Treachery. 

 

Jihoon could manipulate minds and also control their feelings, but one thing he couldn’t control was his own mind. 

 

Once his own demon provokes his inner self-esteem, his power would backfire and hurt those around him. Oftentimes, his disloyalty and dishonesty gets the best of him.

 

The humans had mostly disappeared except for a select few who had stubbornly refused to leave the area. They began moving forward, unknown to them that Seungkwan was getting ready to lure them out of the forest.

 

Hansol smirked and nudged Seungkwan. They both chuckled and watched as the next victim convinced his fellow hunters. 

 

“Angels, you say?” the man spoke, glaring at another man. “There are none here, but a bunch of idiots!” he roared the next second. 

 

Hansol laughed and continued to watch the scene in amusement. 

 

“Paranormal creatures can kiss my ,” the man mumbled and gestured to the rest of the humans that were left. “We have to leave this place before demons come after us rather than those angels the town have been speaking about.” 

 

The man walked ahead and some followed closely behind hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter