A Better Change

Imperfectly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

7:46 am

 

I promise, I won't. 

 

The familiar words rang in your mind, causing you to wake up from your deep slumber as your eyes fluttered open, and were greeted with your room's white ceiling. 

 

"Huh?" Your brows knitted, as you sat up lazily while looking around confusingly to find yourself in your room. "What…? Was it a dream?" 

 

Immediately getting off the bed and wearing your fluffy slippers, you dashed out of the room to the stairs where the sight in your living room made you sigh in relief. 

 

There he was, sleeping on the couch while the duvet wrapped around him which he had taken from your bed probably since you often use double duvets. 

 

"When did I fall asleep? And-" You paused, cupping your mouth as you realized that he had carried you to your room as your cheeks heated up at the thought. 

 

You walked down the stairs as you ended up standing infront of his sleeping figure while carefully crouching down to look at him and a sigh left your lips. "Why would he even ask to sleep in my room, if he was going to sleep here? It must be uncomfortable." 

 

"He really doesn't listen to me." You added, mumbling as you stared at him for a moment where the corner of your lips curved upwards before you realized his brows knitting and realized the sunlight was bothering him. 

 

Biting your lip, you raised your hands up together to hover over his eyes where he instantly stirred causing you to panic as he shifted his position to his side, facing you where you immediately backed away before standing up to walk towards the window. 

 

Sliding the curtain, you covered the glass window to stop the light coming through it as you looked back at him to find him sleeping soundly and you smiled lightly before going upstairs to do your morning routine. 

 

As fifteen minutes passed, you walked out of your bathroom, rubbing your hair with the towel and your eyes landed on your bed or say the clothes which you had given to Baekhyun were laid there perfectly folded at the corner of the bed with the duvet. 

 

Frowning, you instantly walked out of the room to stop by the stairs to see the living room empty and you roamed your eyes around to get a glimpse of him but nothing where a dejected sigh left your lips and you walked back to your room with a grumpy face. 

 

"That idiot!" You huffed, walking inside before your phone screen lit up with a message notification and you squint your eyes at the screen by reading the name. 

 

Byun- Morning Daisy! I'm sorry for leaving without showing you my good looking face in the morning but I had to since I gotta change too. And don't be too sad because I also wanted to see you but you were in the shower and I am a really respectful man you know! Anyway! Don't miss me too much! I'll see you in a bit, love you! 

 

Without you knowing, your lips were stretched in a smile reading his message but soon your cheeks heated up reading the last word as your lips parted. "L-love?" 

 

You blinked, several times looking at the screen intently before looking up at the mirror and your eyes widened seeing your flushed face. "What the- snap out, Daisy!" 

 

You froze, and let out a subtle gasp. "I'm going nuts now!" 

 

Letting out a whine, you threw the towel on the chair of your study table and walked out of the room to prepare breakfast for yourself. 

 

The clock read 8:30, and you were done with your breakfast and were now making your bag as you had to take the bus today since your mom was busy with the shoot today. 

 

As you got the keys of the front door and wore your bag properly, your phone rang which you checked to see it was from your mom. 

 

[Ji-Ah, you're awake? Have you had your breakfast yet?] 

 

You chuckled. [Good morning to you too, Mrs. Kim Seyeong. And yes I had my breakfast already and I'm leaving for school now but what about you?] 

 

She sighed. [Ah! I just had an apple. Don't have any time to cook and you haven't left right? Can you do me a favor, sweetie?] 

 

You hummed and she spoke. [I have actually left a dress there in my room, it's in the blue bag and it was already late at night so I couldn't get it so can you bring it to the studio?] 

 

You walked in her room and spotted the bag on her dressing table as you picked it up. [Yeah, sure. I don't have an early class today anyway.] 

 

[Okay. Thank you, my daughter. I will wait here and be careful.] 

 

Sighing, you walked down the stairs to the front door to open it, only to get a surprising sight as you saw Baekhyun standing at the entrance with his hand hovering over the door bell and the sight seemed too familiar to forget. 

 

Your eyes scanned him automatically as he had changed into his casuals now and his hair were down unlike yesterday making him look soft. 

 

"What are you doing here?" You uttered out, before he could get any chance to tease you about you staring at him for too long. 

 

"Good morning to you too, Daisy." He gave you an amused look as he tilted his head. "Did you forget? I told you, I'll see you in a bit." 

 

"Oh." 

 

That was the only thing you could say as he stepped back for you to step out where you locked the door and turned around to face him to find him looking at the bag in your hand with a confused look. "Are you running away from me?" 

 

You rolled your eyes. "Why would I? More like you did, leaving without even telling me. Who does that?" 

 

He blinked, tilting his head as a playful look appeared on his face. "I didn't think you'd get pouty over it." 

 

"I'm not!" You huffed, but your panicked expression was saying something else as he smiled. "As you say." 

 

"Whatever, I will miss the bus and I gotta give this to mom too." You pointed at the bag as you were about to walk past him but he held your upper arm and pulled you back, giving you a serious look. "Why do you think I'm here then?" 

 

"I know but how would I ride that?" You gestured towards his Bike behind and he frowned. "You have never ridden a bike before?" 

 

You shook your head with a horror look. "It looks dangerous, what if I fell?" 

 

"You just have to hold me tight, and it will be okay." He smiled and you just shook your head, smiling as his flirty remarks didn't seem annoying anymore. 

 

"But-" 

 

"Let's go!" He took your hand and walked up to his bike before taking out a helmet before turning around while gesturing with his chin. "Come here." 

 

"I'm not sure about this-" Your words were cut off, when he stood towering over you making your breath hitch as you looked up at him with your enlarged eyes where he smiled at your nervousness before wearing you the helmet. 

 

Your nose scrunched in reflex with your cheeks puffing out as he buckled the straps under your chin where your eyes took a chance to gaze at him.

 

His usually playful eyes were now looking so innocent where nobody would think of him as a playful person. His lips formed into a pout where you spotted a mole above his upper lip at the corner which soon turned into a satisfied smile as he was done.

 

His eyes locked with yours which were lost in him and his lips curved upwards in a smirk. "Am I that handsome that you can't look away?"

 

You snap out blinking several times as you looked away, feeling the heat rushing up to your face causing your cheeks turn into a crimson shade before scoffing. "Who says I was staring at you? I.. I was checking your hair color."

 

Really? Hair color? Of all things? 

 

You your lips, feeling embarrassed as you turned away from him while he chuckled looking down feeling giddy before you felt him leaning in. "Did I just make the ever not interested Daisy blush?"

 

You cleared your throat. "No, I'm not."

 

Baekhyun chuckled before reaching out and wore his helmet before he turned to you and smiled which was hidden but you could see his eyes smiling. "You look really adorable."

 

"Shut up!" You hit his arm where he just laughed before gesturing to sit behind. "Get on." 

 

"Huh?" 

 

"Don't huh me." He imitated your tone causing you to glare at him before he chuckled. "Come on, we don't want Ms. Universe to wait, do we?"

 

Sighing, you stared at the Bike blankly which Baekhyun noticed as he held out his hand and you looked at him then his hand. 

 

Sliding your palm in his as he grasped it firmly while your other went to hold his shoulder before you sat behind him and patted his shoulder twice indicating him to start. "Go, Go." 

 

To your surprise, instead of starting the Bike, he grabbed your hands and wrapped them around his waist causing your breath to hitch at close proximity.

 

"What-" 

 

"I don't want you to fall so hold me tight, Daisy." 

 

Before you could even say anything, he zoomed off ever so fast where your eyes automatically closed and your hands clutched onto his jacket tightly making Baekhyun smile.

 

"Slow down a bit! I don't want to die, Byun!" You exclaimed and heard his laugh where he replied with the same tone. "Only a fool would do that and I'm not one, when you're this close to me!"

 

Byun freaking flirty Baekhyun!

 

As you instructed him the way to the studio, he halted the Bike and you took a moment to adjust after a speedy ride, making you dizzy.

 

"I don't really mind you holding me but Ms. Universe must be waiting for you, Daisy."

 

You jerked up hearing his voice hinted with a flirty tone and you backed away withdrawing your hands from his waist, getting flustered before you jumped down the Bike while he took off his helmet and brushed his fingers through his hair flipping it back.

 

"Um, I'll go deliver this." You uttered as you were about to go but he held your wrist gently causing you to look at him perplexed as he chuckled. "Are you going inside like this?"

 

He pointed at your helmet and you made an 'O' face making him smile as he unbuckled the straps before taking it off while giving you a smile. "I'll wait for you."

 

You just nodded before walking inside where Baekhyun leaned against his Bike before getting himself busy with his phone while the passerby were gawking at him which he couldn't careless about.

 

Few minutes passed and you walked out of the studio with a pondering expression and a little sad face before looking ahead to see Baekhyun still standing outside as his focus was on his phone.

 

You really didn't expect him to be waiting for you when you were late for a few minutes and that brought a smile to your face but soon it turned into a pout when you thought about it again.

 

"You're still here." You uttered, aproaching him as his eyes met yours before he smiled. "I told you, I'll wait." 

 

His smiling eyes turned into a frown as he was your expression. "Daisy, I like your smiling face more, did something happen?"

 

"Not to me but mom. The models who were signed up for her new collections can't come as something came up." You sighed. "Mom really worked hard these days and now this."

 

Baekhyun hummed, crossing his arms as he was thinking something before he smiled. "I can help."

 

Your eyes lit up as you looked at him. "Really? Do you know any models?"

 

He chuckled, before smirking as he raised his one eyebrow. "I'm a model myself."

 

You rolled your eyes. "Stop joking, Byun. I'm serious."

 

"Who says I'm not?" His hand grasped into yours casually as he brought your entwined hands to his chest smiling before patting the back of your hand on his chest. "Trust your Byun, Daisy."

 

You would be lying if you said your heart didn't skip a beat at this gesture as you looked at your hands which he kept swaying while his gentle grasp gave you a feeling of warmth and comfort where you didn't want him to let go of your hand.

 

"Let's go." He dragged you towards the studio with your hands entwined together as he fished out his phone to call someone.

 

"Seulgi." 

 

                          __________________

 

9:21 am

 

"Yeah, tilt your chin up." 

 

Samuel, the photographer, instructed Seulgi standing in the middle of the studio, who arrived after Baekhyun's call to help out as she had worn the clothes and posed in several different ways with different expressions leaving everyone present in the room in amazement, including you. 

 

There was Sarang standing with your mom behind the monitor as they were staring at the pictures of Seulgi on it while discussing something with Samuel about it. 

 

"Seulgi… is looking so beautiful." You uttered out, as a whisper watching her in awe, before you looked at Baekhyun beside you. "I didn't know she was good at this." 

 

He chuckled, letting his crossed arms drop down as he shoved his hands into his pockets while looking at Seulgi. "Before even taking this profession, she was really into photography so she has been doing this a lot." 

 

"Wow, she's so cool." You smiled before you stared at him confused. "But you said you are a model yourself?" 

 

His head tilted with a playful smirk as turned towards you. "I can be your model." 

 

You just shook your head, slapping his arm. "Shut up!" 

 

He laughed before gesturing towards Sarang with his chin. "What is she doing here though? I thought she was busy with her guests." 

 

"Yeah, but when it comes to Sam, she's never busy." 

 

"Sam?" He gave you a confused look and you mirrored his expression. "You don't know Sam? Samuel Lee?" 

 

His hand raised up to caress his chin with his fingers as he pondered deeply when his eyes slightly widened. "Ah! Samuel Lee, the famous photographer without a face!" 

 

"What?" You laughed at his remark. "You mean to say, the one who doesn't reveal his face that much?" 

 

Baekhyun nodded, with a sheepish look. "Uh, yeah that. Actually Seulgi has been a huge fan since the day she heard about him and saw his photos on his account, you know." 

 

"Then she'll be happy if we tell her about Sam, right?" You giggled, looking at her but heard him grumbling as you looked at him confusingly. "What? Why?" 

 

"Why are you calling him Sam so easily, when you don't even take my name?" He questioned, with a pout showing his puppy eyes and you held back your smile. "Why? Are you being jealous?" 

 

"Of course, I am jealous!" He responded, almost immediately which you didn't expect him to as you stared at him blankly. "Uh.. I have been calling him Sam since we met because you know he's a close friend of mom." 

 

"Really? He doesn't look like just a close friend to me though." He remarked, looking in a particular direction causing you to follow his gaze to find Sam and your mom discussing something over a picture while smiling. 

 

"See? They don't look like- ow!" He cried, rubbing his arm where you just hit him as he looked at you baffled. "Why did you hit me?"

 

"You're talking about my mom here!" You hissed, and he rolled his eyes. "Don't tell me you haven't noticed?" 

 

You blinked, grasping his words before looking at the direction again. "Do… they?" 

 

He let out a hum, nodding. "They do." 

 

"You talk like you're experienced-" You halted your sentence, realising your words as you swallowed and couldn't utter anything else nor look at him. 

 

That's when you felt him leaning as his breath hit against your ear where he whispered. "I think you know better than anyone." 

 

Your heart raced and for a second, you felt dizzy before stepping a little away from him where he chuckled. "You're blushing, Daisy." 

 

"I'm not!" 

 

"Then, are you shy?" 

 

"No!" 

 

"And that's a wrap!" 

 

They announced, and you immediately jogged towards your mom and Sam where your mom was introducing Seulgi to him while Sarang was fangirling. 

 

As Baekhyun was about to aproach you, his phone rang and checked to see it was from Yeong, his secretary and went to the corner to attend his call. 

 

"Okay, I'll be there." He ended the call, and a sigh left his lips before he looked back to the direction to find you standing between Sarang and Seulgi as you both seemed to be discussing something while looking at your mom and Samuel. 

 

"From what I see, they look really close." Sarang spoke, staring at the pair with a suspicious look and you tilted your head confusingly before looking at Seulgi to find her with the same expression as Sarang. "I think Sarang is right." 

 

"Really-Ow- Yah!" You exclaimed, feeling a weight on your head as you already knew who would dare to do this and you sighed. "Just because I reach up to your neck, you can't just take advantage of it, you know." 

 

"Then why are you even looking at another man who's not me?" Baekhyun questioned, still not moving his chin from the crown of your head and you rolled your eyes before bending down your legs to step away from him. 

 

You turned around to say something but saw Seulgi's glare at him which he was avoiding but couldn't any longer as Seulgi grabbed his arm. "Supergirl, I gotta talk to this guy real quick, okay?" 

 

You just nodded, knowing what it was about as she dragged Baekhyun to the corner while you glanced at Sarang to see her already staring at you and you looked at her confusingly. "What?" 

 

"I still can't believe you let him stay over and that too, in absence of Aunty." She tilted her head, giving you a disbelief look. "Are you really the Ji-Ah I know?" 

 

You blinked, avoiding her gaze. "Uh… so what? I mean… mom would've done the same thing you know?" 

 

She just shrugged and you whined. "Stop giving me that look!" 

 

She just laughed, before you looked back at them talking seriously and turned back to Sam as you started talking to them. 

 

"So?" Seulgi crossed her arms as she stared at Baekhyun with a stern look. "I'm not coming? That's it? And you switched off your phone just like that? Do you know how worried we were?!" 

 

She punched his arm making him hiss and he rubbed his arm while pouting and sighed before explaining everything to her. 

 

She narrowed her eyes. "You could have just told us, you know?" 

 

"And let you get scolded by your parents? Even you know how important that party was to Chanyeol's parents, football." Baekhyun said, leaning his back against the wall and Seulgi just sighed, knowing how right he was. "Still, we were really worried, you know… we even tried to ask uncle too but even he didn't seem to be in a mood though?" 

 

"Was he angry?" Baekhyun questioned and Seulgi shook her head. "No, he looked worried." 

 

"Really?" His eyes widened as he wasn't really expecting it and Seulgi stood beside him leaning against the wall. "I'm not saying that uncle is right but you know… there are two sides of every story so maybe you really need to talk to him… I mean this matter won't solve itself if you don't communicate."

 

Baekhyun nodded, grasping her words. "I know, I think I am going to do it now. No running away anymore." 

 

"Seriously?" She smiled and he nodded before letting out a chuckle. "But when did you start being mature? My football has grown up now." 

 

He ruffled her hair making it messy and she groaned. "Yah! You know how much time it took to make my hair!" 

 

Baekhyun laughed, and Seulgi fixed her hair before standing infront of him. "But where did you sleep? You wouldn't have slept in your apartment." 

 

Baekhyun bit his lip, and looked at you talking to your mom and Seulgi gasped. "Really? And she let you?" 

 

He smiled shyly, shrugging and Seulgi giggled, pulling him in a headlock. "I'm so proud of you!" 

 

"You can be proud by letting go of me too!" He groaned, and she laughed, letting go of him as he stood straight before walking over to you where everyone was packing up since the shoot was over. 

 

"Glad, we wrapped it up pretty well." Sam said as he looked at you and Sarang. "Ah, and thanks to your friends who helped too, Ji-Ah." 

 

"Why are you being so formal suddenly?" your mom gave him a look. "I'm still going to pay you though." 

 

He laughed,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter