A Beautiful Day

Imperfectly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8:39 am

 

Walking inside the campus confidently with your chin up as after confronting your fears, you were letting go of your painful memories of your past and right now, you could care less about the gazes. 

 

Though a few of them weren't accusing one as, this morning, another post was pinned on the blog by the same account, saying that whatever it was, all of it was false and made up to frame you and you knew whose account it was as you all were shocked by it. 

 

Whispers and talks wouldn't stop in a day but you weren't minding them anymore as your life was worth more than those words. 

 

Stopping infront of your locker, you stuffed your things inside before a pair of arms engulfed you from behind causing you to flinch as you gasped. "Oh god!" 

 

Recognizing the familiar scent and arms, you relaxed as Baekhyun chuckled, kissing your cheek. "Morning Daisy." 

 

You couldn't stop your lips curving upwards in a smile as you bit your lip. "This guy really doesn't listen to me." 

 

"I'm standing right here though." He placed his chin on your shoulder, tilting his head to peek through your face as he smiled widely seeing your dimple smile. "Ah, this dimple, seriously." 

 

"What about it-" You paused, gasping as heat reached up to your face and you instantly made him pull away to which you turned around, looking around before frowning at him. "We are standing in the hallway, what are you trying to do?" 

 

"I'm hugging you?" He tilted his head, confused by the statement and you rolled your eyes. "This is a hallway, seriously." 

 

"Seriously." He imitated your tone. "Who cares?" 

 

Before you could even say anything, he reached out to hold you by your waist and you instantly leaned your back a little away as he frowned, bending forward where you did the opposite before holding his arm. "I told you, I am not that flexible." 

 

"Then why are we even doing this pose?" 

 

"Because-" Your eyes enlarged as you attempted to pull away. "Yah, let go, Mr. Oh is coming this way." 

 

"Yeah?" He raised his eyebrows. "Those things are too old to be working on me but nice try, Daisy." 

 

This copycat! 

 

"Ahem." 

 

Baekhyun looked over his shoulder as he instantly looked back at you surprised. "So, you weren't pranking me?" 

 

"Right." You pulled away from him as he turned around to find Mr. Oh's amused look to both of you, and Baekhyun seemed too nonchalant about it while you just wanted to run away from the scene because you felt embarrassed. 

 

"This is a hallway, right Baekhyun-ah?" Mr. Oh smiled, sarcastically causing you to fake shuffling through your locker and Baekhyun gasped, dramatically. "Sir! Are you losing your memory?!" 

 

"This little-" Mr. Oh hissed, playfully at him. "I get it, you're so in love but do you have to do this in the hallway?" 

 

Oh, Mr god… 

 

"She's just too pretty." Baekhyun uttered, softly looking at you and you blushed, before hitting his arm making him laugh while Mr. Oh rolled his eyes. "Aigoo~ good going but Ji-Ah, I really didn't expect you to go with this brat." 

 

"Sir!" Baekhyun slightly whined, and you chuckled, awkwardly. "Me too." 

 

Baekhyun's head whipped towards you with a betrayal look and you wanted to laugh out loud while Mr. Oh chuckled. "But I had seen this coming the day you both returned after getting lost on the trip." 

 

"Sir," Baekhyun trailed off, to lean into his side as Mr. Oh heard him talking lowly where you stood there, confused at the sight and saw how Mr. Oh's face lit up. "Really?" 

 

Baekhyun nodded, as he leaned back smiling widely as Mr. Oh nodded back. "Okay, then I'll see you both in the P.E class later." 

 

With that he walked away, and you sighed. "Ugh, I don't like that class." 

 

"Wow, so there's a class you don't like?" He remarked, with a sarcastic chuckle and you rolled your eyes, closing the locker. "But.. What did you say to him?" 

 

"Ah," He giggled, wrapping his arm around your shoulder as you both walked ahead. "I told him that Ms. Choi likes him." 

 

"Oh-wait? Really?!" You gasped, jaw dropping and he laughed, closing your mouth. "Yep, you really didn't know, huh?" 

 

You shook your head, to which he just nodded before he stopped to look at you frowning. "Wait, I was supposed to be mad at you because you agreed that I am a brat?" 

 

You laughed, and he pouted before continuing to walk ahead alongside you. "I am really not talking to you now." 

 

"But you are, though." 

 

"I was just letting you know." 

 

"You already did. 

 

"Then stop talking to me!" 

 

"You are responding back." 

 

"Ah, damn it." He hissed, under his breath and you nudged him lightly. "Language!" 

 

"Oops." 

 

"Geez." 

 

Before, eventually bursting into giggles together. 

 

                ___________________

 

11:38 am

 

The P.E class ended, as you changed your gym clothes into your casual, light pink top paired up with black jeans and walked out of the bathroom to find Hana, washing her hands in the sink where she looked up, locking her eyes with you through the mirror to break it the next second awkwardly. 

 

Biting your lip, you walked to the sink, washing your hands and looked at her through the mirror. "It's you, right?" 

 

She raised her eyebrows at you while wiping her hands with the tissue. "What are you on about now?" 

 

"I'm talking about Mirae." You paused, to look at her as she froze for a second and you sighed. "You called her yesterday, didn't you?" 

 

"T-that's because I heard Yerin talking to someone when I was about to tell her your plan and you were right." She stole an awkward glance at you before looking away. "So I wanted Mirae to know about it too so don't think I did it for you." 

 

You stared at her blankly as you noticed that she was repenting of her wrongdoings though she wasn't showing it, and it was her way of apologizing to you, well, you weren't going to forgive her just now but appreciate it. 

 

You bit your lip, hesitating. "Is.. Is Mirae okay?" 

 

She stared at you for a moment, blankly before shrugging. "I'm not really friends with her, I just knew her through Yerin so I can't really tell." 

 

"Okay." You nodded, hanging your gym clothes around your arm as you walked to the door but stopped to look at her. "Hope we don't find ourselves in the mess again." 

 

"I'm not interested either." She scoffed, looking away awkwardly to which you just chuckled, lightly before walking out to the locker room. 

 

As you walked out of the building to go to Baekhyun as he was waiting for you by the garden since the group of your friends would hang out in the hideout, where you were walking down the path to your way but almost bumped onto your senior, Josh. 

 

He chuckled. "Hey, fancy seeing you here, Ji-Ah." 

 

But I am not. 

 

"Yes, hello, Sunbaenim." You politely bowed, instantly drawing a formal line between where he nodded, awkwardly. "I don't see your other friend? Anyway, we should hang out together sometimes." 

 

The audacity… 

 

You smiled, tightly. "I'm sorry Sunbaenim, but I don't think I can today or ever? I hope you understand." 

 

"Anyway." You paused, as your eyes went behind him to see Baekhyun walking towards you with a scowl on his face and your lips curved upwards in a wide smile. "Then, I'll go, my boyfriend is waiting for me." 

 

Bowing for the last time, you walk past him to which his gaze followed your figure going towards Baekhyun and he turned around, walking away with an amused smile. "Interesting." 

 

"Let's go." You approached him, but he was still sending daggers into Josh's disappearing back. "What did he say to you? Did he bother you again?" 

 

"He just asked me to hang out with him-" 

 

"He what?!" He exclaimed, as you put your forefinger on his lips. "Shush, I dealt with him already so he won't bother me again." 

 

Holding your hand to pull it away from his lips, as he looked at you confused. "Really? What did you do?" 

 

"I said can't and I have got a boyfriend for myself." You shrugged, smiling and his lips parted, as he blinked slowly before his lips curved upwards in a shy grin. "Boyfriend?" 

 

Clasping your hands behind your back, you tilted your head with a smile. "Are you not?" 

 

He imitated your pose, raising his brows. "Am I? I don't think you have asked me out yet." 

 

"Oh, really? Then I won't be hesitating now." You held out your palm towards him. "Give me your hand." 

 

He instantly slipped it through yours as you held it firmly while looking at him with a smile. "So, Baekhyun, would you like to be my boyfriend?" 

 

He wouldn't be lying if he said, his heart didn't flutter over those words as a wide smile crept on his lips before looking up for a moment to pretend to think. "Lemme think…" 

 

You pursed your lips, where the next second he looked at you before kissing your knuckles. "I would love to, Daisy." 

 

"Good, because I wasn't taking a no for an answer." You gave him a smug grin and his eyes slightly widened before giggling as he pulled you closer to his side. "Good, because I am not planning to let you go, either." 

 

Smiling back widely, you kissed his cheek, taking him by surprise as you walked ahead with him following you behind with a whine. 

 

"You can't just do that so suddenly!" 

 

"Why can't I?" 

 

"Let's go together!" 

 

"Come here." You stopped, to stretch out your hand to him and with a smile, he grasped it gently as you both walked ahead together. 

 

          _______________________

 

It was 4 in the evening when you entered the Café, as Baekhyun dropped you off but didn't come in as he had to meet his dad regarding some work and will pick you up later. 

 

"Did something good happen, Ji-Ah?" Eunkyung asked, as you wore the apron in the kitchen while she was taking out some coffee beans and you bit your lip. "What do you mean?" 

 

"You look happy." She commented, before nodding towards you with a chuckle. "And glowing too." 

 

"Ah." You wore your cap, blushing as you smiled. "Well, Baekhyun and I… Ahem...We have started dating now." 

 

"What do you mean by now?" Sera intruded, coming inside as she stared at you confused. "Weren't you guys already dating?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"You literally looked so into eachother these days that Jiwoo and I thought you were already dating." She elaborated and you blushed where Eunkyung gasped. "Sera, look, she's blushing!" 

 

"I'm not!" You whined, instantly walking outside and heard them laughing as they followed you out. 

 

A while later, Jiwoo also got to know about it as he was happy but pouting over losing the bet against Sera while the whole day they couldn't stop teasing you, leaving you in a blushing mess. 

 

As the clock hit 7, Baekhyun walked in the Café to get you where the teasing of your staff members started as Baekhyun was standing clueless about the whole situation before Eunkyung closed the Café. 

 

"Then, see you tomorrow, Ji-Ah and Ji-Ah's boyfriend." Eunkyung smiled at you both as you closed your eyes, blushing where Baekhyun's forehead creased in realization as he chuckled. "Sure, my girlfriend and I will see you tomorrow, Noona." 

 

You looked at him with a 'really' face where everyone started giggling at you both, as you eventually let out a chuckle before bidding goodnight to them while pushing Baekhyun towards his car. "Let's go, we're getting late." 

 

Taking your backpack off from your shoulder, he kept it in the back seat of his car before opening the door for you as you settled inside with him following behind where he drove off towards the amusement park where you friends were meeting. 

 

Apparently, Seulgi and Chanyeol were whining about how long it has been since they have been out for a hang out and since your exams were starting soon which means, no one would get time for a while to hang out and hence, everyone agreed to do it today, at the amusement park. 

 

"Look at you pouting over everything." You chuckled, placing your elbow against the window to place your fist against your temple to look at him where he instantly glanced at you with a frown before looking ahead. "We just started dating and we haven't got any alone time in the whole day." 

 

"Why? We've had plenty of time together before though and I don't mind being with everyone." You shrugged, playfully and he scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Of course you don't." 

 

You laughed, shaking your head before rolling down the window as you poked your head out to feel the cold breeze against your skin leaving you shudder in a pleasant way to which you smiled. 

 

"You're going to catch a cold, Daisy." 

 

His worried voice dripped as you looked back at him with a playful grin. "I am not the one who catches cold easily though." 

 

"You're really enjoying this, aren't you?" He chuckled, making you smile as you extended your hand outside before looking back at him silently as watching him driving was something you shouldn't miss out. 

 

"I can feel your love through your stare at me." He uttered, as he felt shy by your constant stare and you let out a laugh, feeling your cheeks heating up. "Not like you hate it." 

 

"A little surprising but I love it." 

 

Slipping his hand through your palm, he brought it to his lips as he kissed the back of your hand and you smiled, kissing his hand back. "Of course you do." 

 

He giggled, continuing to drive as the soft music played in the car and you both enjoyed while stealing smiles and gazes till you reached your destination. 

 

Parking the car by the side, you both got out to walk inside, hand in hand and all smiley until you reached the place where your friends were waiting for you both. 

 

"Finally, you showed up." Seulgi remarked, standing up from the bench as she threw her empty ice-cream cup in the trash bin and Baekhyun frowned. "You couldn't even wait for us for a while that you're already eating?" 

 

"We couldn't take the risk because we didn't know how long you both would take." Chanyeol threw a smirk towards him as he took a last spoon of his ice-cream and Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "As if you would let us." 

 

Your eyes enlarged, as you nudged him lightly where he just shrugged before Kyungsoo spoke up. "Let's go, Sarang booked the booth for an hour already." 

 

"Booth?" Baekhyun questioned, looking at Sarang and she nodded, with a grin on her lips. "We're going karaoke!" 

 

"Karaoke?" Your eyes widened. "Why?" 

 

"It's been a while since I have sang my heart out so why not?" Sarang shrugged, standing up as she pointed towards the direction. "Let's go, it was so difficult to book for an hour since we have got a bunch of people today." 

 

"An hour." You mumbled, in disbelief as she walked ahead leading everyone as Chanyeol questioned. "What's with your reaction?" 

 

"You'll find out soon." You chuckled, nervously walking along with them as you exchanged a look with Baekhyun who happened to understand your expression as his shoulder slouched down making you chuckle. 

 

'Don't condemn me as a merciless woman.'

 

As soon as Sarang started her chorus part of the song 'Tears', everyone flinched by her loud pitch, toneless voice as the mike from Chanyeol's hand dropped on his lap with his gaped mouth while Seulgi and Kyungsoo were sitting shocked. 

 

"Pfft." You cupped your mouth by suppressing your laugh, finding their reactions funny before feeling Baekhyun leaning into your side. "Make her stop, or my eardrums will burst." 

 

"Shush." You placed your forefinger on your lips while looking at Sarang singing happily as you chuckled. "Let her be." 

 

He groaned, dropping his head on your shoulder as you looked ahead to your friends with an understanding smile while cheering for Sarang before everyone closed their ears when she was about to hit a high note. 

 

'Don't forget my love, you're in my mind!' 

 

"Ah my head." Sarang huffed, finishing the chorus before looking at you all with an expectant expression. "How was it?" 

 

Everyone just gave a thumbs up to her with a smile where she laughed, knowing the fact behind it. "Come on, who's next?" 

 

"Me!" Chanyeol raised his arm enthusiastically as Seulgi immediately stood up. "No, I will!" 

 

"I said it first!" 

 

"I stood up first!" 

 

"I have the microphone!" 

 

"I have too!" Seulgi exclaimed, taking the microphone from Sarang's hand as she sat quietly beside Kyungsoo who was looking through the songs as he immediately stood with another microphone in his hand to walk to the center. 

 

Seulgi and Chanyeol were staring at him, shocked while you along with Baekhyun and Sarang started laughing at the sight before Kyungsoo began to sing in his sweet voice, leaving you and Sarang to fangirl over him. 

 

"He's so good at singing." You smiled, waving your hands slowly as Sarang nodded, while Baekhyun cleared his throat. "I'm also good." 

 

"Yeah?" You looked at him suspiciously as he frowned. "You don't believe me?" 

 

You shrugged, playfully looking away as he rolled his eyes, before Chanyeol interrupted Kyungsoo by doing some in between as Baekhyun joined him too where the three of them started pushing eachother to sing their verses. 

 

"Why are they like this?" You laughed, along with Seulgi and Sarang as they started dancing to the hip hop song playing in the background while you just stared at them with a joyful smile. 

 

All of a sudden, Baekhyun pulled you up to join with them as he kept singing Kyungsoo's verse where Kyungsoo gripped his nap to shut him up but of course it was impossible to do so where you could only shake your head at them but still laughed, enjoying wholeheartedly. 

 

And just like that, an hour passed by as everyone walked out of the booth to the arcade section. 

 

"Dang it! We were having so much fun!" Sarang exclaimed, stretching her arm ahead and Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "Yeah, by bursting our eardrums." 

 

There he got a slap on his arm from her. "Better than your dancing skills though." 

 

"Agreed." Seulgi nodded, laughing. "Even Supergirl is better than you!" 

 

"Did you just diss my dancing skills?" You nudged Seulgi lightly with an offended look to which Chanyeol spoke up. "Right? We're not that terrible!" 

 

"You know, I really think these two are long lost siblings." Baekhyun commented, gesturing to you and Chanyeol to which everyone gave him a confused look where he chuckled. "Both of them are terrible dancers and too competitive." 

 

"Yah!" 

 

Chanyeol and you yelled at him simultaneously as Kyungsoo spoke behind. "For the first time, I agree with him." 

 

And the glare was pointed to him by you and Chanyeol again. "We're not!" 

 

"That's what I am talking about." Kyungsoo chuckled, walking ahead as everyone laughed, before Chanyeol chased him to hit him where you were about to do the same but got held back by Baekhyun's hand entwined with yours. 

 

"What do you think you're doing, running after another man?" He pulled you closer to his side, pretending to be angry and you mirrored his expression. "Well, my man was also teasing me so why not do the same?" 

 

Instead of saying anything, he stared at you for a moment with a taken aback look before his lips curved upwards. "Your man?" 

 

"Huh? Did I-" You paused, realising as heat ru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter