Lost In Bushes

Imperfectly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

4:12 pm

 

 

The smell of petrichor hit your nostrils after it rained a while ago, bringing a smile on your lips as you pulled the thin green cardigan close to you since you were wearing black and green printed floral knee-length dress, while walking down the path to the convenience store which was just few blocks away from the hotel.

 

 

Tucking your hair behind your ear, you pushed the door and walked inside the store to look for instant cooked noodles. Stopping by the section, you reached out for the packet then all of a sudden, a hand was placed over yours making you flinch at the contact and you instantly withdrew it.

 

 

"Daisy?"

 

 

Looking over to the familiar voice, you frowned at the weird coincidence of him bumping onto you, out of all the people and places. "What are you doing here?" 

 

 

Baekhyun's forehead creased amusingly. "That's...a very interesting question, Daisy." 

 

 

A wave of embarrassment hit you after realizing your question as you pressed your lips together. "Um, no, I mean... Didn't you had lunch with your friends?"

 

 

He pouted shaking his head. "Uh Uh, that's why I am here for this." He grabbed the packet of noodles waving it while smiling widely.

 

 

You gave him a weird look. "Are you doing a commercial?"

 

 

He chuckled. "Wouldn't it be a big hit, if I did it?"

 

 

You rolled your eyes at his overflowing confidence before grabbing the other packet and he looked at you confused. "You also didn't?"

 

 

"Uh, yeah, the hotels food was really not of my liking." You replied softly and walked towards the oven to make it where Baekhyun trailed behind you grinning. "We finally clicked on something."

 

 

Stopping by the oven, you stood still infront it, staring inside curiously and amazingly as how the noodles were being cooked while Baekhyun stood beside you, watching you with ever so much interestingly as his lips were curved in a smile. 

 

 

"Um.." You cleared your throat snapping him out as he looked at you questionly and you your lips blinking awkwardly. "Can you.. Um... Look after this for me? I have to fetch other things too."

 

 

He was taken aback by your polite tone and the request but nonetheless, he grinned playfully nodding. "Since I am a nice person, and you yourself have asked me this politely, how can I say no? Go on."

 

 

You rolled your eyes at his reply and strolled away to the other sections as Baekhyun was standing there wondering, was he always this obedient? Because, last time he was literally kicked out of the classroom for not listening to his teacher in high school.

 

 

But what can he say about you? You were different and he didn't really mind being obedient towards you.

 

 

Minutes later, you came back with your things and sat down by the window of the store at the siting area, with Baekhyun beside you as you both were munching your noodles silently or say, you were having it silently, not the person beside you.

 

 

"Can you.." You trailed off glancing at him to see him enjoying his food as he looked at you confused and you dropped it off by shaking your head as you continued to eat because you didn't find it appropriate to taunt him since he was eating joyfully.

 

 

"So..." Baekhyun started gulping down his food. "Did you sleep well yesterday, Daisy?"

 

 

You frowned. "What do you mean?"

 

 

"I'm taking about football- I mean Seulgi." He paused to wipe his hands with the tissues infront of him. "I hope she didn't jump on you, considering the way she sleeps."

 

 

You stared at him incredulously. "What are you? A ert? Noticing her way of sleeping."

 

 

"Hey!" He exclaimed defensively. "We have been friends since we were in elementary school so it's natural for me to know." He shook his head disappointed. "I'm not a ert, you have such a y mind, Daisy. And your reaction was same as yesterday."

 

 

Your frown deepened. "What reaction?"

 

 

He placed his elbow on the table to support his cheek which was palmed by his hand. "When I called you beautiful, you looked like you were about to hit me."

 

 

You looked away, looking everywhere but him. "Obviously, you said something like that."

 

 

Baekhyun tilted his head squinting his eyes genuinely confused. "Shouldn't you be thanking me?"

 

 

You gave him a bore look. "I never asked you to call me that."

 

 

He looked at you in disbelief. "You're so ungrateful, Daisy."

 

 

"Whatever." You rolled your eyes, getting off the chair as you went to pay the bill but as soon as you reached out for your wallet, you frowned not finding it. 

 

 

"Miss?"

 

 

The cashier looked at you, waiting for you to pay and you gave her a awkward smile, looking for your wallet until a credit card was placed on the counter.

 

 

"We'll pay with this." You looked at Baekhyun who gave you a smile and you shook your head attempting to refuse but all in vain as the cashier swiped the card and gave it back to him with your stuff in the shopper.

 

 

Taking the shopper from her hand, you gave her a polite smile before walking out of the store with Baekhyun behind you and you closed your eyes embarrassed.

 

 

Ji-Ah, how could you be so forgetful?!

 

 

Sighing, you bit your lip and turned around to look at him as he looked back at you innocently. "Um...thanks and I'll pay you back when we get back."

 

 

Baekhyun chuckled nodding. "Of course, you would but you don't have to, instead, pay me back with something else. "

 

 

You frowned staring at him suspiciously. "Like what?"

 

 

"Chill." He laughed out loud seeing your expression. "I won't ask you to kill someone, I haven't thought about it but when I do, you won't back out."

 

 

You stared at him contemplating at his offer before eventually nodding making him smile. "For now, I'll work with that."

 

 

You followed his gaze towards your shopper and you looked back at him deciding as he gave you a surprise expression. "Are you seriously thinking about it?"

 

 

You cleared your throat shaking your head before pursing your lips as you shuffled through your shopper and held out a Juice bottle to him. "Here."

 

 

Baekhyun smiled taking it as you both began to drink your juices while walking back to the hotel where Baekhyun finished his juice as he threw it in the trash bin which went perfectly. He smirked and looked at you making you roll your eyes before you attempted to throw it too, but it flew further hitting the back of a man's head.

 

 

You gasped cupping your mouth and heard a loud sigh from Baekhyun. "And here I thought you were good at everything, Daisy."

 

 

You glared at him. "Shut up, and I didn't know there was someone standing." 

 

 

Baekhyun was about to shot back but the loud groan before him cut him off and both of you, looked ahead to see the man turning around with glaring eyes which turned surprised ones then his glare turned deadliest. 

 

 

Baekhyun and you looked at eachother shook as the man was none other than the gangster guys from yesterday whom you were running away from. 

 

 

"You..." The man spoke taking your attention. "Aren't you troublemakers from yesterday?"

 

 

"Who does he think he is calling us troublemakers." Baekhyun muttered enough for you to hear and you gave him a look. "Aren't you one?"

 

 

"Excuse me?"

 

 

"Excused." You spoke. "And this is not the time to argue."

 

 

He frowned. "But you started it!"

 

 

"I just stated the fact."

 

 

"You agreed with him."

 

 

"You two-"

 

 

"Shut up!" You both yelled together at the man and looked at eachother before widening your eyes, realising at what you just did as you looked back at him.

 

 

"Come here."

 

 

"Wait here, Daisy. I'll do something." Baekhyun grasped your wrist softly, making you stand behind him where your heart wavered at this gesture and as he was about to go, you clutched his shirt from the back.

 

 

He looked over his shoulder to you confusingly to see you shaking your head with worrying eyes. "They look dangerous."

 

 

Baekhyun blinked at your concerned words surprisingly before his lips curved upwards in a cheeky smile nodding. "I like it. I totally like it."

 

 

"Shut up." You scowled at him before pointing at them sneakily. "Can't you see? They seem to have weapons so it's not a good idea to get involve." 

 

 

Baekhyun bit his lip pondering before he bent over towards you. "How about this? I'll count to three and we'll run."

 

 

"Deal."

 

 

"Okay, 1."

 

 

"3!" You sprinted away leaving the latter dumbfounded for a second before he snapped out as he looked back at the men and chased you. "Cheater!"

 

 

You looked over your shoulder to see if he was there and fortunately, he caught to your speed and was running beside you now. "How can you left me like that?!"

 

 

"I just skipped the 2 number." You spoke out nonchalantly making him look at you incredulously before you heard their yelling behind you as they were close to aproach where you threw your shopper on one of man making a him stumble back. 

 

 

Baekhyun instantly grabbed your hand tightly and ran faster than before where, in the flow of the moment, you also didn't realized holding his hand tightly. You both kept running, not knowing where, and didn't seemed to care about that now as being safe from them was most important.

 

 

Baekhyun looked back to check and saw no one, which made him stop as you stopped too, before looking back and felt relieved. Panting, you both tried to steady your breath as you both bend over keeping your palm on your knee before looking up at him.

 

 

Baekhyun looked back at you and an unconscious chuckle left your lips making him smile with another one following and before you know it, you burst out laughing hardly with him following. "My God."

 

 

"What-" He asked laughing. "Why are you laughing?"

 

 

You shook your head laughing even more, not even able to talk as you clutched your stomach which was hurting from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter