Something About Him

Imperfectly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Okay...this is awkward, so awkward.

 

Your one hand rested on your lap while other reached out to grab the glass of water as you kept taking little sips to avoid the awkward atmosphere as much as you could. Beside you was Baekhyun, sitting stiff and exchanging the uncomfortable looks with his mother, sitting across of him since the last ten minutes while you were questioning your existence of being here at this moment.

 

"So..." She paused, clearing as a light smile crept on her lips. "How have you been?"

 

Baekhyun bit his lip, gulping as he couldn't subside the uncomfortable feeling, seeing her after years without any contact with him, yet asking without any uneasiness made him angry yet sad as he let out a sigh. "I... I have been well, what about you, mom?"

 

He whispered out last word but it was enough for you to hear as how audible it sounded, making you to glance at his uncomfortable expression before you felt his hand grasping yours tightly resting on your lap causing you to snap out where you were about to pull away but stopped feeling how cold his was. Hence, you let it be and somewhere, you knew that his relationship with his mother wasn't really good and as much as you didn't wanted to be curious, you were, about this and about him. 

 

"Seeing you healthy and fine, I am happy." Her lips curved upwards in a smile where her eyes held an emotion of genuine motherly love for his son because that's the exact expression you see in your mom's eyes for you before she looked at you causing you to flinch slightly as her curious eyes bored into your wide ones. "Who is she?" 

 

"Uh... I am his friend, Kim Ji-Ah." You stated, with a smile and Baekhyun glanced at you, with a surprise expression as you have never called him a friend before, not even infront of your mom, though he wants to be something more but at the same time he was glad to see this progress between you both. 

 

"Just friend?" She questioned, with a hint of curiosity causing you to look at her with a surprised look before you and Baekhyun looked at eachother at the same time where you looked back at her, suddenly nervous where she chuckled. "You don't have to answer that." 

 

But why couldn't I answer this? 

 

"What about Kyungsoo, Seulgi and Chanyeol? Aren't they here with you?" She asked and Baekhyun shook his head. "No, I will meet them later but when did you arrived from Australia?" 

 

"Last night, I was trying to reach out to you but your number seems to be busy, as always." She uttered and Baekhyun bit his lip as his head tilted down for a moment with a little guilt as he always finds some reasons to not contact her after she left because it hurt him that time and it does even more thinking about it but he never got to confront her about it. 

 

A sudden ringtone of her phone snapped him out as she excused herself to take it and instantly hung up before looking at him with guilty eyes. "Baekhyun-ah, I am afraid I have to go right now." 

 

Baekhyun knew what was it about and still it made his heart ache, that this time too, he wasn't her priority where he just shot her a light smile. "You should go, it must be important." 

 

Both of you stood up as she slid her bagstrap around her shoulder to leave where you bowed politely and watched her leave before sighing in relief as you settled yourself back on the chair. Reaching out to grab your half glass of water but there was none where you looked up your side to see Baekhyun gulping it down in one go while you watched him in disbelief. "You-" 

 

He interuppted you by placing the empty glass on the table before wiping his lips as his tilted towards you with a confused look. "Why?" 

 

You stared at him blankly before sighing. "Nothing, but are you...okay?" 

 

Baekhyun frowned but soon realized that you were talking about the awkward encounter with his mom which was unexpected for him as well as he nodded, shooting a light smile. "I'm fine...just surprised." 

 

Though he tried to show he was okay but he definitely wasn't and you definitely noticed it but didn't questioned out because you didn't wanted to be appear too intruding. 

 

He stood up. "I'll go pay the bill." 

 

You nodded, sitting still but when he didn't move an inch caused you to look up at him confusingly to catch him already staring at you with a curious yet confuse look making you mirror the same expression. "What happened?" 

 

"Aren't you gonna argue about splitting the bill or something?" He asked, genuinely curious since he has seen many girls doing this and your brows knitted, shrugging. "No? Should I? I mean it was you who wanted to go on this date, plus I have given you my Sunday.. So.." 

 

Baekhyun lips curved in a amused smile with a chuckle leaving his mouth behind as he bored his eyes into yours intently. "You... You never cease to surprise me, Daisy." 

 

His crescent brown orbs staring deeply into your eyes seems different nowadays and his stare always leave you swum in lots of different emotions which you can't even decipher, shrugging your thoughts you stood up. "Uh.. I am going to use the washroom." 

 

Baekhyun chuckled, watching your back with a smile as he brushed his fingers through his hair before walking to the counter while waiting for you. 

 

As he spotted your figure appearing infront of his eyes, they widened slightly to see your hair tied up and it seemed strange to him at how can a mere hairstyle could do so much to him but then his jaw clenched, watching how some men were ogling at you without you being aware of it as you approached him. 

 

Your lips parted to utter out something but got cut off by his hand taking a gentle hold of your hand as he walked out of the restaurant with a confused you trailing behind him. 

 

Aproaching his car, he opened the door for you but before you could get inside, you heard some voices not so far behind you. "Is that B? Who's the that girl with him?" 

 

You frowned, taking a glance at them to see their eyes on Baekhyun making you look at him questionly. "Why are they looking at you?" 

 

"They are not, get in hurry." He spoke, with a serious yet demanding tone, taking you by surprise as you hopped inside with a confused look until he seated himself on the driving seat where observing your curious expression, he chuckled as no matter how much he was feeling down or angry, your face just brightens him up. 

 

"What?" You asked, noticing his fondly smile on his lips and he leaned his head back against the seat as his head tilted towards you. "I like that look on your face, you...being curious about me." 

 

You blinked couple of times before lightly scoffing as you attempted to put the seat belt on while avoiding his eyes. "I... I'm not curious at all." 

 

"Okay, as you say but this is just the beginning, you're going to be so curious about me from now on." He chuckled, fastening his seatbelt as he started the engine and you huffed, crossing your arms over your chest. "I won't." 

 

He just smiled and continued to drive where soon it stopped by your house at the exact time he promised your mom, sharp 8:30. As you unbuckled your seatbelt, he did his quickly before getting down only to open the door for you where you gave him a look. "You know... I know how to open the door." 

 

He nodded. "I know, you know but I wanted to do it." 

 

You just shook your head before getting out as he closed the door behind and stared at you nervously. "So... Did you enjoyed today?" 

 

You stared at him for a moment before biting your lip as you looked away, slowly giving him a nod. "It was not bad.... I...had fun." 

 

You mumbled out the last part before walking towards your house. "Now, goodnight!" 

 

Baekhyun heard it well as a joyful smile plastered on his lips. "Daisy!" 

 

You turned around confusingly before watching him walking towards you and before you could react, he reached out and slid off the hairband making you gasp as your hair fell on your shoulder. "What the-"

 

"I'm taking this as a good luck!" He spoke walking backwards and you scowled. "What good luck are you talking about?" 

 

"I'll tell you later about it." 

 

You huffed. "Fine but don't you dare lose it because this is precious to me!" 

 

"Deal! Goodnight, Daisy!" He exclaimed, getting in his car before throwing a flying kiss. "Dream of me!" 

 

"As if, idiot." You mumbled, rolling your eyes as you watched his car driving away where you turned around with your lips curving upwards but it dropped as you realized. 

 

What did I do just now? 

 

                            ____________

10:12 

 

Pressing the enter button, you closed your laptop after completing your assignment before standing up from the floor to stretch and dusted your comfy pajamas where you heard the bell sound of your front door. 

 

"It must be Sarang." Your mom spoke from the kitchen and you nodded walking towards the door before looking through the peephole and leaned back with a frown. "What?" 

 

Still plastering the frown, you opened the door to see you the person you never expected to be at your front door, who was Seulgi in her usual black shorts and jacket, standing awkwardly at the door as you stared at her with a surprised look where she slightly smiled. "Hey, Supergirl." 

 

"Why are you both standing- oh who?" Your mom's voice snapped you out as your tilted back to look at her coming towards your direction and then you glanced back at Seulgi with a complete blank face before stepping aside instantly to let her in which she did while you closed the door behind. 

 

"Hello, Aunty. I'm Baekhyun's friend, Kang Seulgi." She instantly bowed feeling panicked as other than her friends, she has never met others adults where your mom chuckled, nodding. "You don't have to be too polite with me, be comfortable and come inside." 

 

"You're really sweet, just like how Baekhyun described you." She giggled, making your mom gasp. "He talks about me?" 

 

She nodded. "Yes." 

 

"That's sweet of him." She smiled before patting her shoulder. "You're here to meet Ji-Ah right? Go ahead and talk, till then I'll get you some snacks." 

 

She tried to refuse politely but your mom being herself didn't took her no and instantly looked at you who was still processing the scene where she called you out making you snap out. "Hm?" 

 

"Take your friend to your room, I'll prepare snacks till then." She gestured, gesturing you with her eyes to go and you nodded before looking at Seulgi who's amazed eyes were roaming around your house making you smile. "Uh, Seulgi... Let's go." 

 

She chuckled, awkwardly. "Oh, sorry, your house is just really beautiful." 

 

You smiled back nodding and told her how your dad designed it until your mom spoke up from the kitchen leaving Seulgi in giggles while you shook your head. 

 

"Why are you always giving credits to your dad? I also helped him choosing the colors!" 

 

Walking in to your room, you gestured her to take a seat on your bed as she was standing awkwardly and looking around where she settled herself at the edge of the bed and she looked down with a heavy sigh causing you to stare at her with concern as hesitantly you found yourself sitting beside her. "Is... Is there something wrong?" 

 

She sighed, again. "I... I'm sorry for coming like this here, at this hour but I couldn't help it.. I just didn't wanted to be alone. I know you must be thinking that why didn't I go to my friends... It's not like they don't know about my situation but I can't just ruin their mood when they would be partying right now."

 

Partying? 

 

"Don't take me wrong, because I know you really worry about them but I think if you would have told them whatever you were going through, they would have cheered you up, probably." You stated, with a assuring smile as you know how your mind gets mixed with emotions whenever something happens where you assume that you can burden them with your worries as you have gone through the same but that's not always the case and you realized that a little late. 

 

She let out a sniff. "I guess... You're right. I'm overthinking too much maybe, but I really like you, Supergirl." 

 

You stared at her surprised and she instantly shook her head observing your expression. "No, no, not like that, don't believe that idiot Yeol. I'm not into girls but I just like you as a person because you didn't judged me at trip when I cried nor asked me but just comforted me and I really want a friend like you, so can we be friends?"

 

You stared at her for a moment with hesitation but deep down, you knew she wouldn't be like those you have been afraid to to get close to and hence, with a light smile you nodded making her smile widely where she pulled you in a hug causing you let out a yelp but you hugged her back. 

 

In that moment, the door opened with as usual Sarang stepped in with exclaiming loudly enough to let the Canada hear her. "Ji-Ah! I got the facemasks for us- oops sorry continue- what?!" 

 

You just gave her a look as you pulled away where Seulgi waved at her. "Hey, Sarang." 

 

And here you three were, lying on your bed upside-down with your crossed legs stretched forward on the headboard of your bed while your faces covered with the facemasks as Seulgi asked for a night stay at your home and you, obviously didn't refused her. You were laid between Sarang and Seulgi who were clad in your pajamas while Seulgi kept touching her facemask where Sarang would slap her hand away while you held back your giggle. 

 

"So this is how it feels a girls night." She uttered out softly, staring at the ceiling causing you and Sarang to look at her where Sarang plopped herself up with the support of her elbow. "You have never had a girls night before?" 

 

She shook her head, sighing. "I have always been with boys....you know and it's not like I didn't wanted to be friends with any girls but every girl aproached me because they wanted to be closed to them... So I didn't get to experience that." 

 

Sarang hummed, nodding. "That's okay, you can do it with us now because we're friends, right?" 

 

You felt yourself nodding at her words where Seulgi also nodded smiling. "Yes, because you two are different but I have to ask another thing Ji-Ah." 

 

You looked at questionly as she plopped herself up on her elbow looking at you with a mischievous grin. "How was your date with Baekhyun? Did you liked his outfit because I chose it." 

 

You stared at her blankly before Sarang spoken up. "Right, I specially came here for that information, Ji." 

 

You stared both of them nervously as they were staring back at you expectantly and you bit your lip looking up at the ceiling. "Uh... Um.. It.. It was not bad, I guess." 

 

Sarang groaned at your usual answer as she fell back on her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter