Unexpected Confession

Imperfectly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8:36 am

 

Eyes were engrossed in the notebook of yours which was grasped in your hands as you were reminiscing the test which you were having in some hours while walking down the hallway. You kept walking, unable to notice you were close to hit your forehead on your locker but before you could, a pair of hands gripped your shoulder instantly stopping you on your spot taking you off guard.

 

Gasping, you turned around to see none other than Baekhyun giving you a worried and frowned look. "Where is your attention? What if you have gotten hurt, Daisy?"

 

You blinked confusingly at his tone before nodding slowly. "Thanks."

 

"Where were you lost in?" He questioned, sternly and you looked at him confusingly before sighing. "Don't tell me you forgot that we have a English test today?"

 

Baekhyun's mouth turned in a O shape. "Ah, that was today."

 

You squinted your eyes at him. "You better do well or I'll really chop off your quick-witted head."

 

He chuckled, nodding. "I will, of course since I still have something important to do."

 

Opening your locker, you placed your things while sensing his presence beside you, causing you to look at him to see him leaning against the locker beside yours with his eyes on you. Raising your brows at him questionly, he just gave a smile before feeling the stares on you again as you looked at him frowning. "What are you doing?"

 

Baekhyun's forehead creased, confused. "I am not doing anything though."

 

You just sighed and closed your locker as you walked away to the class leaving him pouting behind. "She's running away again."

 

"What should I do." He mumbled biting his lower lip before his eyes lit up as an idea popped into his mind and his lips curved upwards in a smile. "I know what to do."

 

The class was soon to begin in few minutes while you were staring at your notebook intently until a knock on your desk interuppted you as you looked up to see Shin Jieun with her hesitant smile. "Hey, Ji-Ah, Could you help me with this question?"

 

You stared at her blankly for a moment before nodding giving her a light smile and she smiled widely plopping down beside you on the spare chair as you started to teach her the question. 

 

As you were done with making her understand, she sighed in relief thanking you before you heard the classroom door being opened where you expected it to be your professor but it was Baekhyun with Chanyeol. Squeals and whispers were erupted as usual and you shook your head looking down before Baekhyun walked in roaming his eyes around and when it stopped on you, his eyes lit up.

 

As he slowly walked towards your row of seat, the whispers got more louder causing you to look up only to look at Baekhyun staring down at you with a smile. You looked at other students to see them their gaped faces before Baekhyun's eyes went to Shin Jieun who was looking at him with a surprised look.

 

"Hey," He smiled at her taking the latter by surprise. "Would you mind, if I sit here?"

 

"Uh..N-No.. Of course not." She stammered out, quickly getting up before walking to her seat while you were sitting there with a surprised yet dumbfounded look until Baekhyun sat beside you snapping you out. 

 

You narrowed your eyes at him. "What the hell are you doing?"

 

Baekhyun shrugged, nonchalantly. "I'm sitting."

 

"Very funny." You gritted your teeth. "Why are you sitting beside me?"

 

He tilted his head to look at you with a smile. "Because I want to."

 

"Seriously?" You stared at him in disbelief and he giggled. "Seriously."

 

"Guys!" He shouted taking their attention and you brought your hands to your head hiding your face you looked away furiously making him chuckle. "This seat is reserved for me, now. You know what I mean, right?"

 

You let out a exhasperated sigh at his words wondering what's even going on in his mind and creating trouble for you.

 

Is he doing this because I kicked him or I hit him? Mr. God why are you doing this to me?! 

 

"This is how love changes friendship." Chanyeol mumbled shaking his head at his friend who had realized his fallen deep trouble which he told them too.

 

You shot a side glare at him. "Are you taking revenge from me? For kicking you? It wasn't even intentional!"

 

Baekhyun couldn't help but chuckle at your guess as he placed his chin on his palm with the support of his elbow on the desk while looking at you, smiling. "How can I even possibly think of doing that, Daisy."

 

You stared at him blankly while feeling strange as his eyes weren't looking playful anymore and there was something else which you couldn't understand. "Then stop whatever you are doing because it's going to get me in trouble later."

 

"Don't worry, I'll protect you." He uttered out genuinely and you just shook your head looking down at your notebook as the professor came in and soon the class started.

 

You were listening to the lecture attentively while Baekhyun being himself, pretending to doze off as his head was laid on his bend arm facing your side and his eyes peeking at your face. Just looking at you was enough to make his lips curved into a smile but it turned into a low groan as the class ended and it was the first time he was annoyed of the class ending so soon.

 

You instantly took your belongings and stood up while Baekhyun also sat up straight pretending to stretch which Chanyeol just stared at him with a done look as watched his not so great acting.

 

You silently walked out leaving him sighing behind. "Will I have to do this for lifetime?"

 

"You brought this to yourself, so deal with it now." Chanyeol's remark made him look at him seriously as Chanyeol crossed his arms. "I warned you to stop before you get into in trouble but you didn't listen."

 

Baekhyun stood up beside him. "I know and I don't regret it."

 

"Of course, you brat." He scoffed. "But you do know it's going to be harder than you think because she's not just any girl."

 

Baekhyun nodded. "I know, she's one of a kind girl and I think I'm willing to go for a long ride."

 

"That was some cheesy stuff." Chanyeol pretended to puke and rolled his eyes. "Well, best luck to you."

 

Baekhyun laughed as they both walked out of the classroom to their other friends. 

 

                     ________________

 

"I smell trouble." You poked the fork in the chicken piece before shoving it in your mouth and instantly shook your while munching. "No, he himself is a trouble."

 

Here you were, in the cafeteria, having your lunch while avoiding the stares and eyecontact with each person because of the scene happened earlier in the classroom.

 

"Hmm." Sarang hummed munching her rice before placing her palmed cheek on the table with her elbows support. "Don't worry, he said he'll protect you."

 

You looked at her incredulously. "Are you my friend or his?"

 

"Yours, of course." She gave a sheepish grin. "I am just saying.. Like what if he.."

 

"He what?" You looked at her with a curious look as she leaned in a little making you lean your ear towards her where she spoke. "What if he likes you?"

 

Your eyes enlarged and you instantly looked at her before flicking her forehead causing her to whine in pain as she rubbed her forehead. "Why would you do that, Ji?!"

 

"Because you said such a dumb thing!" You huffed glaring at her and she huffed back. "What dumb thing? I said what if and what if it's actually true?"

 

"No, it's not." You denied almost, immediately and crossed your arms. "You said it yourself that he doesn't surrender to commitments."

 

Sarang stared at you blankly for a moment before sighing. "But whatever has been happening lately between you two, I think I can say that he might actually surrender to commitment now."

 

You stared at her surprised by her words as the flashbacks of the trip days and the orphanage day, crossed your mind where you shrugged it off before shaking your head. "No, there nothing going on between us. I am sure he's just messing around with me."

 

Sarang sighed. "Fine, if that's what you want to believe."

 

"Okay, forget that." You swallowed the juice before looking at her. "How was your trip? Did you finish your project?"

 

"I did finished it." She nodded before a cheeky grin played on her lips. "And I met some handsome guys too."

 

You scoffed rolling your eyes while smiling. "You and mom are just a perfect duo seriously."

 

She giggled before opening to say something but got interrupted when you heard a chair creaking sound beside you taking your attention as you tilted your head to see Kang Hana with her two friends behind.

 

"Hey, Miss. Loner." She smiled, settling herself beside you. "How was it?"

 

Your eyes went small as you looked at her confusingly. "How was what?"

 

She scoffed placing her bend forearm on the table to look at you. "You think I don't know, plotting the whole drama to get close to Baekhyun and his friends?"

 

"Don't you have something else to do, other than bothering people?" Sarang intruded with a glare towards her and you patted her hand to calm her down. 

 

She chuckled. "Aw, got yourself a plotting friend too?" 

 

You looked down chuckling before looking at her with a straight face. "I don't need plottings nor I want to get close to anyone but yeah..can't say same about you though."

 

She scoffed. "Taking back now thinking that they have your back?"

 

You let out a exhasperated before looking at seriously. "I don't need anyone's back to help me, I can protect myself and why are you always coming to me with your little threats which won't work on me?"

 

Hana's eyes twitched in a glare. "Don't cross your limits, loner."

 

"I think you're the one who should work on that, Kang Hana." You raised your eyebrows at her with a serious expression. "And, it's Kim Ji-Ah."

 

"Let's go, Sarang." You stood up taking your tray and walked out of the cafeteria where a deep breath left your lips as you closed your eyes. "I told you, I smell trouble."

 

"It's okay." She patted your back. "You did great, Ji."

 

You huffed crossing your arms. "It's all because of him."

 

"Okay, Okay." Sarang wrapped her arm around your shoulder dragging you with her. "Forget it, come on. I am going to show you my project."

 

Sarang led you towards her classroom with an internal sigh so, you wouldn't strangle the poor guy.

 

On the other hand, Baekhyun kept rubbing his ear as he let out a groan. "Who is missing me?"

 

Kyungsoo scoffed shaking his head. "More like cursing."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter