The Unforgettable Trip

Imperfectly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eyes boring into the wooden door, cautiously as you both stood infront of the house before you looked at Baekhyun who happened to glance at you at the same time. This house was the only house located down the street which you saw from afar and it took approximately twenty minutes to get here.

 

"Is someone even here?" Baekhyun uttered out in a lowly tone while peeking through the window and you rolled you eyes. "Why are you peeking like a thief?"

 

Baekhyun playfully glared at you before standing straight. "I was just looking if someone lives here or not."

 

"What a great way to look."

 

"Who are you?"

 

You both gasped simultaneously and your hand unconsciously gripped onto Baekhyun's sleeve as you both turned around to see a middle aged man standing with a shopper in his hand while staring at you both suspiciously.

 

Exhaling in relief, you noticed your hand and instantly withdrew it before leaning towards his side as you lightly whispered. "Say anything but girlfriend."

 

Baekhyun nodded slightly before lightly bowing to the man as he gave him a polite smile. "Hello, I'm Baekhyun and this is my girlfriend, Dai-Ji-Ah."

 

You looked at him in disbelief before giving him a side glare and looked at the man, who seemed to be waiting for your greeting as you smiled lightly. "Hello."

 

"So... What brought you two here?"

 

Before Baekhyun could answer him, the door of the house creaked flinching you and saw a middle-aged woman at the door frame as she looked between you three. "Honey, you brought guests?" 

 

"Come inside." He said, walking ahead as the woman, whom you both assumed was his wife, opened the door widely for you to enter inside while flashing sweet smile.

 

The interior looked beautiful and designed in a wooden style, yet it was giving a warm and cozy vibes. Walking in, you both took off your shoes as his wife gave you both the spare slippers which was really sweet of her.

 

"I am Jung Sunho and She's my wife, Jung Hyeri." He introduced, while placing the shopper on the small dining table by the kitchen and you both nodded before he looked at you. "What were you doing in the middle of the road alone?"

 

You both were taken aback by his question which seemed like he has taken the situation wrongly before you opened your mouth to explain but Baekhyun beat you it. "Actually... We both are students and we're on a trip but some bad guys began to chase us and we ended up getting lost in the forest and after that.. We saw your house and came here."

 

"What in the world!" Mrs. Jung exclaimed, angry towards the gangster guys and you stared at Baekhyun incredulously at how smoothly he has lied to them.

 

"Okay, you both can stay the night here." Mr. Jung said and you both kindly thanked them before he went to help his wife in the kitchen with the shoppers. 

 

"Why would you lie to them?" You whisper-yelled to the guy beside you and he leaned in closer to your ear. "Look at Mr. Jung, Daisy. Do you really think he would have let us stay if I had told him the whole story? He would think we're some kind of troublemakers."

 

"One of us is though." You stated and he looked at you with a pout which you ignored as you went to help Mrs. Jung in the kitchen while Baekhyun stood there, avoiding the intent gaze of Mr. Jung. 

 

"If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been dating?" Mrs. Jung asked and you stopped cutting the vegetables as you looked at her surprised, blinking you let out a chuckle. "Um, uh.. Not that long."

 

"Awe, teenage days sure are amazing." She chirped giggling and you just smiled feeling guilty for lying before she began to speak. "Your boyfriend seems to like you a lot."

 

Your eyes enlarged as she pointed behind you as you followed her gaze to see Baekhyun standing by the living room's window, talking to someone on the phone but his eyes were on you. As your eyes locked, his lips stretched in a smile and you instantly looked away, back to her where you could only smile at her, but why were you feeling flustered?

 

Baekhyun had immediately called Kyungsoo as he got the signal in the house and narrated him the whole story which had happened today. Curses and scolding were never a new thing he heard from him as for the whole fifteen minutes, he listened to it.

 

However, he knew Kyungsoo is the only one whom he could rely on and Kyungsoo knew this too, that's why even after all the scolding, he always took care of it like right now. Hanging up, he stared at his phone screen before something popped into his head and he strode towards you.

 

"Here." You flinched by his voice behind you and tilted your head towards him with a question look as he pointed towards his phone which he held out for you. "Hm?"

 

"Call Miss. Universe and let her know you're fine so she wouldn't get worried." He stated and your eyes slightly widened at the realization and deep down you were thankful for him for remembering it and reminding you.

 

Biting your lip, you took the phone and he slightly step aside to let you go to talk which you did, before he smiled at Mrs. Jung. "Let me help you too. "

 

She smiled at him as Baekhyun began to cut vegetables which you left it halfway while he kept stealing glancing at you from time to time.

 

"You really like your girlfriend, don't you?" He turned to Mrs. Jung with widened eyes feeling the heat rushing up to his ear as he got caught making her giggle. "That's such a sweet sight to see."

 

Baekhyun couldn't help but get flustered over her remark as the moment he has realized his feelings towards you, he has been acting like a teenager in new love.

 

[Oh, so that's what happened]

 

You heard her sighing from the other side, as you just narrated her the whole story about today.

 

[Yes, and now we're staying in a home and the people are good too]

 

[That's a relief and I am more relieved that Baekhyun is with you]

 

You frowned. [Why it's a relief?]

 

[Why it's not? He's such a sweet guy and I know he'll take care of you so I can sleep without worrying]

 

You rolled your eyes. [Mom, he's not sweet and I can take care of myself]

 

[I know you're my brave girl but aren't you relieved that you're not alone but with your friend?]

 

Friend? Was Baekhyun your friend? But as much as you didn't like it, you do admit that you were relieved that he was with you.

 

[Uh.. Yeah.. A little.] 

 

You said as you hated to lie to your mom and at the same time, you always shared your feelings with her. 

 

[Okay, now give the phone to sweet boy, I want to talk to him too] 

 

You slightly pouted before walking over to him as you stood beside him to take his attention where he looked at you confused and you pointed at his phone. "My mom wants to talk to you."

 

"Me?" Baekhyun eyes sparkled as he smiled but it faded away when he noticed his hands were dirty by cutting the vegetables but an idea popped into his head as he suddenly tilted his head slightly. "Put it on."

 

You looked at him confusingly. "What?"

 

Baekhyun pointed towards his ear and you gave him a look before eventually, pressing the phone against his ear making him lean a little closer leading you get flustered as you averted your gaze to Mrs. Jung to see her smiling at you.

 

[Hey, Miss. Universe!]

 

You frowned at the name which he greeted your mom with while you could hear her giggling from the other side. As for Baekhyun, his heart softened getting the care from your mother. [Yes, I am fine and fit like you]

 

You glared at him for flirting with her again and thankfully Mr and Mrs. Jung were busy to notice it before Baekhyun smiled at your expression. His eyes slowly turned intense as he stared at you with a smile. [Don't you worry, Ms. Universe. I'll take care of your daughter]

 

You rolled your eyes before the call was cut off and you backed away taking the phone with you as he grinned towards you. "So? You are not worried anymore right?"

 

You looked at him blinking before nodding as you placed his phone on the counter. "Uh.. Yeah, thanks."

 

Baekhyun just nodded smiling and you cleared your throat before shoving him aside. "Go, I'll do this."

 

He chuckled washing his hands and took the phone from the counter before settling himself down at the dining table across of Mr. Jung and the way he looked at him made him feel so awkward that he wanted you to come quickly to his side.

 

As if his wish was granted, the dinner was ready and you helped Mrs. Jung serve it on the table before settling down beside Baekhyun as four of you began to eat with Mrs. Jung asking questions about you both.

 

"So.. How did you two meet?"

 

You both looked at eachother before looking at her as you opened your mouth to tell her that you both are classmates but again the guy beside you beat you. "We actually got stuck in the Campus accidentally and I started to like her after that."

 

You looked at Baekhyun shook and he just smiled innocently at you while taking the bite of his food and Mr. Jung didn't react while Mrs. Jung giggled. "You both really get stuck together."

 

You just chuckled before leaning towards Baekhyun as you looked at him smiling so they wouldn't notice anything. "Aren't you filling the lie bucket too much?"

 

Baekhyun smiled back at you. "What lie?"

 

You opened your mouth but he shoved the spoonful of rice in your mouth and chuckled at your expression. "Eat a lot, Daisy."

 

Baekhyun was enjoying this. Sure, it wasn't that first but the interest he had towards you led him have this feeling but he wasn't regretting it, not even a bit.

 

 

                              ______________

 

 

"Here you go." Mrs. Jung placed the spare clothes in your hands. "I had these spare clothes, you and your boyfriend should change and then sleep comfortably."

 

The boyfriend word was making you feel strange inside as she kept mentioning it but shrugging it off, you smiled. "You di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter