Awkward And Nervous

Imperfectly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

8:01 pm

 

She's lying!

 

You betrayed me, I hate you!

 

"No." You mumbled, eyes squeezing tightly with your chest heaving up before you felt yourself being shook and taps on your cheeks where your name was being called out loudly and with a jerk, you opened your eyes sitting up with a gasp. 

 

"Ji-Ah, Are you alright?" Your mom's warm hand rubbed your back and head as you gulped, nodding slowly afterwards. "Yeah, yes, I'm fine mom." 

 

"No, you're not. I'll get you some water." She got off from the couch and strode towards the kitchen before you could even refuse and that's when made you even more concerned and guilty seeing her pacing around. "Mom, I'm really okay, don't run like that." 

 

It was yet another day when you were back from the Café and feeling tired, you just changed into your pajamas before sleeping on the couch with your head on your mom's lap but then you had this dream again after a year. After the encounter with Doyun, you kept overthinking and recalling that day, no matter how much you didn't want to, where you also talked it out with your mom and Sarang because you couldn't just hold it in. 

 

"Here." She sat beside you, handing you the glass which you chugged it down in a go before placing the glass on the coffee table and laid your head back on her lap as she started your head. "You...had a nightmare again?"

 

You stared at her, slowly nodding as a sigh left your lips. "I know it has passed already but I can't seem to forget it and I don't know why everyone from my past is showing up again and I still can't face it." 

 

"It's okay, you faced him strongly and that's more than enough. You don't have to try so hard on yourself, take your time Ji-Ah and it will be all okay." She uttered, softly making you smile as you just felt so lucky to have her before she faced the TV and you chuckled, seeing her excitement towards the drama. 

 

"Ji-Ah." She called out and you hummed, looking up at her as she looked down, leaning her back against the couch. "What if... What if someone from your family suddenly shows up and asks you to go with them so will you?" 

 

You frowned at her sudden, unexpected question before glancing at the TV screen and that's when you realized that this was the plot of the drama before you looked at her with a done look. "Seriously, mom? You're literally taking some lessons from these dramas and that's why I told you not to watch-" 

 

"Don't dodge the question and answer me." She cut you off and you shrugged. "No one came in these few years so why now?" 

 

"That...really didn't help me." She glared at you and you chuckled. "Even if they come, I won't go with them because you are my family and my mom and I love you." 

 

You hugged her waist and she smiled before ticking your sides making you squeal as you instantly squirmed and sat up laughing. "Not the tickle thing!" 

 

You both laughed before a growl sound erupted making you both stop as you held your stomach and she chuckled. "Hungry?" 

 

You scrunched your nose, nodding. "I want ramen." 

 

"Check the upper cabinet." She said and you hopped off the couch before walking towards the kitchen as you looked for the packet but a pout formed on your lips as you couldn't find one. "Mom, there's nothing." 

 

"Really? Then should I cook you something else?" She asked and you walked out of the kitchen while going upstairs to get your hoodie and some money. "No, I'm going to buy it from the store real quick!" 

 

"Take your phone with you and go carefully!" She yelled, as you approached the front door and walked out shouting okay before walking hurriedly to the store which was just a block away from your house. 

 

As you entered the other street, the cold breeze hit your face, making you feel calm as you needed now while shuffling your hands in your hoodie pockets before spotting the store from afar. 

 

As you reached, a can of empty beer was thrown in your feet suddenly, making you yelp in surprise as you looked towards the side to see a young man, in his Grey hoodie and jeans sitting on the bench with his head tilted down making it hard to see his face. 

 

You bit your lip, wearing the hood over your head before walking inside the store carefully not to be in his sight as he seemed pretty drunk and you didn't want to get involved in any trouble.

 

Within few minutes, you grabbed the things you wanted and payed for it before stepping out of the store where you were about to cross the seated young man but another can of empty beer was thrown in your feet, startling you as you glared at the man but then you saw another man throwing something in the trash bin behind you. 

 

That's when you realized that he was trying to throw the cans there, where you sighed as your eyes stopped at the seated young man who slightly tilted his head up where your brows knitted as you slightly bent down to peek at his face which looked awfully familiar and your eyes widened. "Baekhyun?" 

 

The latter's ear perked up upon hearing his name as his head tilted up fully towards your direction, revealing his flushed cheeks and neck where his droopy eyes squinted as his brows furrowed and then widened his eyes. 

 

His lips immediately curved upwards in a lazy yet beaming smile. "Oh, isn't that my spicy Daisy?" 

 

Your eyes rolled at the name before a sigh left your lips as you stared at him confusingly while looking around for his friends but he seemed to be here alone. "What are you doing here? And how much have you been drinking?" 

 

He scrunched his nose before lazily bringing his forefinger and thumb closer. "A little." 

 

You sighed. "Why are you alone? Where are your friends?" 

 

His head fell down with a pout where he mumbled some words incoherently which you couldn't understand before he raised his head and his arm extended towards you while his eyes were closed as he his lips. "Come here." 

 

You scoffed, lightly. "You can't just order-" 

 

His eyes opened, cutting you off as he showed his puppy eyes with his lower lip sticking out in a pout where you huffed giving in, don't know why but you stood infront of him while placing your shopper on the table beside the bench and looked at him. "What happened?" 

 

Instead of answering, he reached out, placing his warm hands on either side of your hips, pulling you closer to make you stand between his legs where you got startled and put your hands on his shoulders in reflex while your lips parted in surprise. 

 

A sudden wave of heat rushed up to your chest and neck before his hands slid around your waist slowly as he leaned his head against your stomach while he closed his eyes. 

 

"Mom.. Why...did she appear again? I was... I was doing fine in my life." His words uttered out, muffled but this time coherent enough for you to hear clearly, however, his tone seemed like he was close to breaking down right now where your eyes were glued on the crown of his head, before your fingers ran through his hair unconsciously making him sigh. 

 

You weren't sure if you should be listening to him right now because he wasn't really conscious and it was new to witness his this side as he has always been playful and goofy but right now, he looked vulnerable and someone who wanted to be comforted, whereas you wanted to know what was bothering him but then a thought hit your brain. 

 

Do you even have that right? 

 

However, your thoughts were interrupted when you heard his slow breath, where you realized that he was about to sleep here, snuggling onto you. 

 

Your eyes enlarged, and you instantly tried to pull away but only for him to tighten his grip as he whined and wrapped his legs around your legs, making you stumble forward as your hand grasped the bench behind him. 

 

"The hell is wrong with this boy." You grumbled under your breath, trying to pull away. "Listen, I'm not your bed so don't you dare sleep on me." 

 

"You're always scolding me, go away!" He whined, loudly as his grip around your legs loosened but still held onto your waist tightly and you rolled your eyes. "You're holding me, you idiot." 

 

"Meanie." He mumbled, as his voice went down and you could already feel him pouting and sighed, before you noticed some people passing by were giving you both weird looks making your cheeks heat up as you felt embarrassed. 

 

"Baekhyun." You called out his name, softly this time. 

 

"Hm?" He replied after a minute, as he leaned away placing his chin on your stomach, boring his eyes into yours and a warm smile crept on his pinkish lips. "I must be dreaming right now." 

 

You could only shake your head at his remark while he kept staring at you like a baby and you were thinking how to send him home as this clingy baby wasn't letting go of you. 

 

"Right." You muttered as you fished out your phone from your pocket, but that task was a little difficult too because his arms around you were blocking it and hence, you gently made him pull away to make him lean back on the bench where you let out a sigh. 

 

Taking your phone out, you instantly called Seulgi but she wouldn't answer even after several times making you groan, as you pulled down the hood from your head and settled down beside Baekhyun. You only had Seulgi's number and now you were confused as to how to send him home as you couldn't even take his drunk to your home too. 

 

Biting your lip, you turned to him whose head was leaning back against the wall and his eyes closed where your eyes slowly trailed down to his jawline, then to his parted lips as he took slow breaths then to his forehead where his locks covered his forehead. Though, he had always been sticking close to you but your eyes seemed to be noticing these little things now. 

 

Realization hit you hard as your eyes widened and immediately shook your thoughts away before poking his shoulder lightly to see if he's passed out or not but then you noticed him gulping as his head tilted towards you where he slowly opened his eyes and just stared at you silently yet affectionately. 

 

You blinked several times slowly, before looking away abruptly because you couldn't handle the way he was staring at you as somehow his intent gaze was making your chest warm. 

 

A sudden buzz startled you as your hand reached up to your chest. "That scared me." 

 

You looked down at your phone but it wasn't yours and with a frown plastered on your face, you looked up at him to see his eyes closed now where his phone was buzzing inside his hoodie pocket. 

 

"Hey, it's ringing, pick it up." You uttered, tapping his arm lightly where he opened his eyes to lock with yours and his lips formed in a pout. "My ears are ringing... How do I pick my ears?" 

 

You stared at him incredulously as you rubbed your face, irritatingly. "What do I do with him? It's like I'm babysitting a baby. Should I just leave him here? No, behave yourself, Ji-Ah." 

 

"Then, excuse me for a minute." You huffed, reaching out hesitantly as you slide your hand in his pocket to get his phone where your arm almost draped onto his waist before his head tilted down suddenly causing you to look at him in surprise. 

 

He stared into your eyes deeply for a moment before a deep chuckle left his lips. "Are you... Are you taking advantage of me?" 

 

You frowned, cheeks flushed instantly realising the position and before you could back away, he spoke again. "Even if it's a dream, I'm not ready yet." 

 

Your jaw dropped, as you backed away with your cheeks burning up. "My god, what the hell is he thinking?" 

 

Ignoring his remark, you checked his phone which kept buzzing and it was from Kyungsoo making you sigh in relief when you pushed the phone to your ear, only to pull it away by his deep loud voice from the other side. 

 

"Where the hell are you?! The race is about to start!" 

 

Race? Are they talking about some game? 

 

You pursed your lips, before pushing the phone against your ear while your lips. "Uh.. Hey, it's Ji-Ah." 

 

"Ji-Ah? Why are you answering Baekhyun's phone? Is he with you right now?" He queried, curiosity and concern dripping from his voice and you bit your lip. "Actually... He's kind of drunk right now." 

 

"What?!" He exclaimed and you pushed the phone away again before placing it again as you explained to him about Baekhyun being here and told him the spot to pick him up where he noted everything and hung up. 

 

As you were about to shut his phone, your eyes stopped at his caller logs where you found a different yet familiar name and seeing the name, you knew it was yours. 

 

My Daisy. 

 

You stared at the name for a moment before shutting it down and holding onto it where your eyes averted towards him. 

 

"Why would you even drink this much?" You mumbled, sighing and your words were probably loud enough for him to hear as he tilted his head down before he turned to you, staring deeply right into your eyes. 

 

His corner of lips turned upwards. "You're so beautiful." 

 

Your heart skipped a beat as your eyes widened with heat rushed up to your cheeks before blinking slowly and gulped, looking down at your form, clad in a black pajama and blue oversized hoodie while your hair tied in a messy bun. 

 

You shook your head, sighing. "You're not in your senses right now." 

 

He chuckled, his arm draping behind you, on the bench as he gave a slow nod. "Right, I'm not in my senses but you're beautiful and you'll always be beautiful, Daisy." 

 

You stared at him baffled, as a minute ago he was being flirty and now this and this guy kept making you confuse but however it was, his words were giving you tingles and your chest felt warm now. 

 

He began to lean over towards you and before you know it, his head dropped on your shoulder while his arm on the bench behind, slid down to your back which he wrapped it around your waist. You took a moment to decipher the scene and let out a shaky breath slightly straightening your back but your breath hitched when he snuggled against your neck where you felt his warm lips brushing against your skin. 

 

You froze, holding your breath, with your heart beating loudly behind your chest as you felt the warm sensation radiating into your whole body while you stayed still for a minute with wide eyes before exhaling deeply. 

 

"What was that?" You breathed out, gulping as you patted his shoulder to wake him up, only to realize that he has passed out as his breath fanning against your neck making your stomach do a flip before you felt his head about to fall off but you instantly palmed his jawline to make him hold still. 

 

"What am I doing right now?" You questioned yourself, never in your dreams you had thought of this scenario happening and you would be the part of it and that too with this boy sleeping on your shoulder, never crossed your mind. 

 

A screech sound of the car snapped you out as you saw the black car stopped by the store where his friends stepped out, jogging towards you before stopping infront of you as they had a shock expression on their faces seeing the sight infront of them while you gave them an awkward look. 

 

"Can you get surprised later and take this heavy guy off of me?" You asked, feeling your shoulder getting numb and they snapped out as Chanyeol and Kyungsoo instantly took a hold of sleeping Baekhyun before taking him to the car carefully. 

 

Your nose scrunched, as you pressed your hand on your shoulder while standing up to stretch your body before Seulgi gave you a guilty face. "I'm sorry! Supergirl. I didn't know you called me because I left my phone in the car." 

 

You sighed, giving her Baekhyun's phone. "It's okay."

 

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol strolled back towards you and gave you a sheepish face as Kyungsoo spoke. "Thank you for being with him... I don't know what happened to him suddenly but we'll talk to him and sorry if he troubled you." 

 

You shook your head, smiling at them before telling them to go while they insisted on giving you a ride back home but you refused as your home was just a block away. Soon, they left and you sat back on the bench, thinking about the scene where your fingers brushed against the place on your neck and your cheeks flushed. 

 

Shrugging your thoughts away, you took the shopper and walked back to your home. 

 

Walking in, you met your worried mom as she looked at you confused. "Why did you take so long? I was about to call you... Where were you?" 

 

"Nothing..." You trailed off, walking inside as you put the shopper on the dining table before facing her. "I just met a clingy baby on the way." 

 

"Really?" She asked, nodding anyway because frowning. "But why are you so red?" 

 

You palmed your cheek and it almost burned out your hand as you just shrugged and she just shook her head, walking back in the living room. You stood there, recalling the scene and rubbed your face, frustratingly as you let out a huff. 

 

This guy is messing with my mind now! 

 

                   __________________________

 

11:48 am

 

"Finally, some peace." You mumbled, putting the books on the table as you settled yourself on the chair of the silent library, filled with few students walking here and there. 

 

The campus was more chaotic than usual as tomorrow was sport's day which is always held every semester, so the hustle bustle of students was an understatement as some students were taking part in their respective games. And, as always, you have kept yourself away from the chaos happening around you while taking your time to study as you didn't have any classes after this because of the event tomorrow. 

 

However, running from the chaos was not the only thing, you were also running away from a human being, whose name is Byun Baekhyun. Because of last night's encounter, which was hard to get it out of your mind and whenever you looked at him, your mind just kept drifting towards it and it was getting awkward and you hated it. 

 

But, oh boy. How can you forget that you were avoiding The BYUN BAEKHYUN and him being the stubborn person wasn't having any of it as he was taking every chance to take to you but you were quick enough to run away leaving him perplexed. 

 

Back to Baekhyun, he was currently walking out of the gym with his friends after talking to their coach about which game they would be participating in. 

 

He blew out another dejected sigh after recalling your behavior since morning and it left him confused. 

 

The minute he woke up this morning, he found himself in his apartment with his friends but it wasn't surprising, what left him confused was how did he get back here and when, because he didn't remember anything, other than the painful headache greeting him. 

 

That's when Chanyeol told him the whole thing about last night as how they found him passed out on your shoulder and the latter was shocked there, not remembering anything nor recalling anything from last night. Hence, he just assumed that he must have spoken something nonsense to you in his unconsciousness which made you avoid him the whole day and it saddened him. 

 

"Do you still not remember anything from last night?" Seulgi asked, crossing her arms as she peeked through his down look with worry where Baekhyun just shook his head. "Nope, not a thing, but I'm sure I did something to let Ji-Ah avoid me like this." 

 

"Why did you even drink so much? Did something happen with your father?" Kyungsoo questioned him and Baekhyun sighed. "It's not about dad... It's just that I saw mom with her new family last night and she looked happy." 

 

They stopped and passed him a concerned look as Chanyeol asked. "So, did you not feel good about that?" 

 

Baekhyun stared at him blankly before shaking his head. "It's not like that. It's good to see her happy but... I guess... I was just frustrated about that because I couldn't get that time from her." 

 

"Maybe you should sort it out with her." Chanyeol said, patting his shoulder and Baekhyun could just nod on that because he, himself, didn't know if could do that or was just afraid to confront her. 

 

"And talk to Ji-Ah too." Seulgi's works took his attention as he instantly nodded before dashing out to the campus building where he instantly took a glimpse of your back walking inside the building with Sarang. 

 

Shoving your things in the locker as Sarang stood by your side as she met outside while telling you about her participating in the three-legged race with Seulgi being her partner from their department and she didn't have to ask you because she knew you wouldn't be taking any part in this. 

 

"But did something happen with Baekhyun and you?" Her sudden question took you off guard as your head whipped towards her with enlarged eyes. "What would happen? Nothing!" 

 

Her forehead creased, amusingly. "Okay? Why are you getting worked up? I'm just asking because I haven't seen your lover boy around today." 

 

You blinked, clearing your throat. "He's not mine." 

 

"Yet." 

 

You both jumped by the voice as your heads snapped towards to the direction to see Baekhyun standing beside your locker as his eyes locked with yours and you immediately looked away, pretending to shuffle in your locker while Baekhyun instantly understood that something has happened as how you weren't looking him in the eyes nor snapping at him how you usually do. 

 

Sarang observed the awkward tension between those two and she knew something was up with you which you haven't told her yet but she would get to know soon. However, right now, she needed to give you two some space to talk it out, hence, she left quickly to the cafeteria and asked you to join her soon. 

 

You bit your lip, gulping as you felt his gaze on you before shuffling your bag inside and closed the locker quickly to walk away as you turned around but stopped when he uttered behind you. 

 

"When will you stop avoiding me so I can talk to you?" 

 

Wow, how more obvious can I be? 

 

Slowly turning your head, you blinked at him innocently as if you were unaware of what he was talking about. "What are you talking about?" 

 

Baekhyun wasn't dumb either to not to notice as what you were trying to do as he looked down and huffed lowly. "That's it." 

 

As he lifted his head, he marched towards you with a quick pace leaving you to take a step back in reflex as you stared at him confused before he took a hold of your hand and looked right in your eyes with a serious look. "We need to talk. Now." 

 

"We- We have a class-" 

 

"Everyone's busy with the sports day event tomorrow so we don't have any classes today." He cut you off right there and you almost shot a glare at him for doing that but ended up not doing anything since he was right. 

 

"Right, I was talking about lunchbreak. Sarang is waiting for me." You uttered out, quickly and glad to hit the spot as you were about to pull away from his grip only for him to tightened it. "Sarang can wait for five minutes." 

 

Before you could even react, he turned around walking alongside you and entered an empty classroom before closing the door behind with his leg as he didn't let go of your hand, in case you'd run away again. 

 

He made you stand infront of him as you looked at him in surprise. "What-" 

 

"I'm sorry." 

 

You frowned. "What?" 

 

"I... I don't know what I did last night for you to avoid me like this but I'm sorry." He stopped, sighing afterwards as he took a step forward. "When I woke up, I didn't remember anything and Chanyeol told me that I was with you last night before I passed out and I just don't remember anything about it and seeing you avoiding me like this, I'm sure I had done something wrong." 

 

"But... Shout at me, scold me or get angry at me but... Just don't stop talking to me because that's something I can't handle." He spoke softly yet with a pleading voice as he gave a light squeeze to your hand,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter