Happiness

Imperfectly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11:30 am 

 

"Finally, I am out!" 

 

Exclaimed a tired Chanyeol, walking out of the building of the business department while stretching his arms ahead with you, along with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo trailing behind him. 

 

It's been a week to that day and your exams had already started as today was your third paper which was really harder than you expected but thankfully it went well after group studying with your friends and overnight by yourself. 

 

"How was yours?" Chanyeol turned around, peeking at the three of you with a tired look as everyone walked ahead. "I almost forgot what I had studied after looking at the questions but thank goodness for my genius mind to save me from screwing the exam." 

 

Three of you stared at him with a done look as after asking the question, he literally answered it by himself and that too with an exaggeration. 

 

"It was, and I want to go home to get some sleep." Kyungsoo stated, fixing his glasses over the bridge of his nose before Seulgi and Sarang walked out of their building where they met you on your way. 

 

"You're free now?" Sarang questioned, stopping by your side as you gave her a nod before she locked her arm with yours. "Then, let's meet up at your place later." 

 

As you were about to agree, but felt a tug on your hand which was holding Baekhyun's as you looked at him confusingly while he waved his hand to get closer to him as you looked over to Sarang where she let go of your arm to which Baekhyun instantly pulled you closer to his side. 

 

"She's coming with me to my place." He spoke, and you blinked at him confusingly. "Am I?" 

 

He nodded, giving you his ever innocent look before looking over to your friends. "I have finally got a girlfriend, let us be seriously." 

 

Everyone had their jaws dropped while you looked away, shaking your head with a smile and Seulgi scoffed. "What do you mean girlfriend? Aren't you both already married? Just registration is left to do." 

 

And both of you blushed, knowing what she was talking about as the night of when you both came back from the amusement park, and fell asleep, your mom was back home only to find you both asleep while snuggling up to eachother where she instantly took a picture to which she sent it in the group chat where she along with you all friends were added. 

 

And from the next day, they couldn't stop teasing you both about it. 

 

Looking back at Baekhyun, you found him pondering seriously as he let out a hum before a smile curved on his lips. "Not a bad idea though." 

 

Everyone groaned, making you both giggle as they walked ahead with you both behind, walking hand in hand. 

 

"Did you just indirectly propose to me?" You raised your eyebrows with a playful look and he mirrored your look as he tilted his head. "What's your answer then?" 

 

"Hmm.." You trailed off, looking up for a second with a pondering look before looking at him to find his expectant look as you parted your lips. "Secret." 

 

And he let out his holding breath with a dejected sigh before narrowing his eyes at you. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" 

 

You laughed, shaking your head to which he pouted looking away as you smiled at him while swaying your hands. "I'll tell you later." 

 

"I'll wait." He uttered, softly nodding as he smiled back at you while poking your cheek as you walked ahead with your friends. 

 

And here you ended up in the cafeteria, gathering at a table together while having conversation about whatever seems to set the mood, and you were so happy to be a part of it, and them. 

 

"Ah, right." Baekhyun spoke, as you glanced at him silently to continue as he swallowed his food. "I don't think I can accompany you today because I have got some work with the new deal so I will join you later, Is that okay?" 

 

You nodded, munching. "That's okay with me and Eunkyung Eonni is going to close the Café a little early so it's fine." 

 

"By what time will she close the Café?" 

 

Everyone looked towards the direction from where the voice came from to find Kyungsoo casually munching his food before you and Baekhyun exchanged a look with eachother as you spoke. "Um.. Probably by 6 or 6:30?" 

 

Kyungsoo gave a nod while Baekhyun hummed, passing the water to you. "I think I'll be done by then." 

 

As your conversation ended, you looked ahead to see your friends staring at Kyungsoo with an unreadable expression. 

 

"Why did you ask about the closing timing?" Chanyeol questioned Kyungsoo and the latter stopped munching before shrugging. "Can't I just ask casually?" 

 

"You don't ask about Cafés unless you go there and it's even opposite of your place." Seulgi remarked, as her mind worked before her suspicious eyes looked at the couple ahead. "What are you three hiding from us?" 

 

You stopped drinking your water as you looked at her surprised before glancing at Baekhyun who was already looking at you and both of you looked at Kyungsoo who was massaging her temple. 

 

"Omg, don't tell me-" Sarang cupped as everyone looked at her and as if they understood, their eyes snapped at Kyungsoo who groaned. "There's nothing like that." 

 

However, his ears turning were saying something else as everyone stared at him shockingly. 

 

"Heol." You all mused together, as Seulgi instantly held his arm shaking it. "Who is she? When did this happen? And why didn't you tell us?" 

 

"We're just getting to know eachother right now so there's nothing confirmed yet." Kyungsoo stated, calmly to which everyone nodded before their eyes were on you both as Chanyeol frowned. "You knew, huh?" 

 

"Isn't it obvious? He's been coming there often." Baekhyun shrugged, with a light smirk as Kyungsoo smacked his back as he was sitting right beside him to which he yelped but everyone laughed it off. 

 

             _____________________

 

 

The time passed by and the clock read 6 in the evening while thirty minutes were still remaining to close the Café and you took the order of the customer as he went to take a seat for himself to wait. 

 

"Is another staff member getting a boyfriend?" Eunkyung questioned, walking out of the kitchen to which you and Sera looked at her where Sera blushed, looking away to prepare the drink. 

 

"Gosh, it reminds me of my dating days." Eunkyung palmed her cheek, recalling her days when she and her husband were still dating around your age where you smiled at her. 

 

The jingling of the bells erupted, indicating the arrival of another customer as you fixed your cap but instantly relaxed as your eyes found your boyfriend walking inside like a model and you couldn't tear your eyes away. 

 

However, they did when you saw Seulgi, Chanyeol and Sarang coming behind him as they greeted you before walking away to get their table while Baekhyun just shrugged, seeing your expression. 

 

"Hey, Daisy." 

 

His soft voice went through your ears as he stopped by the counter in front of you with his ever beautiful smile and eyes looking at you softly as he tapped your hat lightly. 

 

Scrunching your nose with a smile, you fixed your hat. "What's with their unusual arrival?" 

 

"You can guess the reason." Baekhyun sighed, taking a glance at them as they waved at you, making him groan. "I can't with them, seriously." 

 

You chuckled. "Your usual, right?" 

 

He leaned forward, with a pondering look. "I have to order for my girlfriend as well." 

 

"Girlfriend?" You tilted your head, confused before realization hit you as your cheeks heated up while you bit your lip. "Oh, it's me." 

 

He stared at you in disbelief for a second before chuckling. "Yeah, one and only." 

 

You rolled your eyes, pushing your order. "I'll just get one pomegranate juice." 

 

"Yep, the one which doesn't taste like red wine." He stated, and you froze, instantly looking up at him with narrowed eyes. "Do you have a death wish?" 

 

"No." He laughed, reaching out to pull your cheek softly and his laugh just instantly made you smile. 

 

"Ahem." 

 

Startling, you turned to see Eunkyung with a 'done' look on her face. "Do you two have to do this here?" 

 

"Sorry, Noona." Baekhyun just gave him a sheepish grin before walking away to his table where his friend had already occupied their space and he groaned, realising why his friends were here. 

 

And as their orders were ready, you were about to serve it but another customer walked in and the actual reason of your friends arrival as Kyungsoo stood infront of the counter before waving at you and then to Sera who smiled back at him with a tint of pink erupting on her cheeks. 

 

As he was about to order, his eyes wandered around only to find his friends peeking at him sneakily to which he let out an exasperated sigh before taking the tray from your hands. "Let me do it." 

 

You bit your lip, giving him a sheepish grin as you saw him walking away while roaming your eyes around to realize only your friends were the only customers here as the Café was about to close. 

 

"Your order, idiots." Kyungsoo placed the tray on the table as he stood by their table with glaring eyes while they flinched, except Baekhyun who picked up his coffee to drink as he leaned back watching the scene with interest. 

 

"Yah, I just wanted to see, okay?" Seulgi avoided his gaze while picking up her drink and Chanyeol nodded, doing the same. "Not bad, huh?" 

 

"These brats." Kyungsoo muttered, pretending to hit them with the tray in his hands as they laughed, while soon you all joined them till the Café was open. 

 

Your friends were always the best to be around with as Eunkyung, along with Jiwoo and Sera were enjoying their time with them while they also helped Eunkyung with her new theme for the Café. 

 

Time went by, Eunkyung and Jiwoo left after closing the Café, Kyungsoo and Sera also left to hang out together leaving you and Baekhyun with your three chatter friends who couldn't stop talking about Kyungsoo and Sera the whole ride till they were dropped off their places. 

 

At last, he pulled over the car by his apartment building, as you both walked out of the car before he stretched his hand to you, which you grabbed, where you both walked inside greeting the guard. 

 

As soon as you got on the elevator, both of you leaned against the handrail while Baekhyun's arms held you sideways with his head leaning against yours and you stared at the number of floors till you reached your floor. 

 

The ting sound erupted, with the door opening slowly only to find the lady whom he had told you about before and this is the exact same scene and the same position when she had met you for the first time except, today her daughter was with her. 

 

Your cheeks heat up getting caught in this position as you nudged your boyfriend beside you who had his eyes closed, clueless about whatever was happening around him as his eyes opened to see the lady staring at him blankly to which he immediately stood straight. 

 

Both of you greeted her while slightly bowing as she did the same before Baekhyun held your hand where you walked out of the elevator and she walked in, where the door closed. 

 

You both looked at eachother blankly before bursting out in giggles together as you both walked ahead to his apartment while you constantly whining about how embarrassing it was to be seen in that position. 

 

Entering inside, you both changed your shoes into slippers before walking over to the living room to settle on the couch as both of you leaned back with your heads thrown back against the headrest while eyes closed for a moment. 

 

"Are you really not coming with me?" Baekhyun sat up straight while taking a cushion to place it behind your head as you always do and you shook your head, leaning back comfortably. 

 

"Are you sure?" He questioned, again to which you nodded wordlessly where you heard him chuckling causing you to open your eyes to throw a confused look at him. 

 

"You're like a puppy." He giggled, patting your head. "Can I know the reason?" 

 

You sighed, sitting up straight as you faced him by placing your bent leg on the couch. "I don't think I can watch you with that thing, going at full speed, I mean it's just too dangerous and I get worried and scared." 

 

You looked down with an unconscious pout and his eyes softened at your concern as he bumped his head against yours lightly before taking your hand. "Then should I just not go?" 

 

You looked up with a surprised look before shaking your head. "I didn't mean like that, I mean it's something you really enjoy doing and I don't want to be the person who holds you back from doing what you want to do but… just be safe." 

 

"I get it." He brought your hand to his lips as he kissed the back of your hand. "It's just for a while and then I won't even have time since I will be busy with work." 

 

"You better be careful." You warned him with a serious expression and he nodded. "Now that you have said it, I have no option but to obey." 

 

"So you listen to me well, now?" You tilted your head, with an amused smile and he nodded. "If it's not you, then whom would I listen to? I gotta listen to my Daisy." 

 

You giggled, patting his head and he frowned. "Am I a puppy?" 

 

"When you listen to me like this?" You questioned back with a confused look and gasped when he suddenly pulled you closer by your hand with your faces close as he tilted his head with a playful grin. "Then shouldn't I get a reward?" 

 

You tilted your head, imitating him. "Like what?" 

 

Biting his lip, his head tilted to the side as his cheek was infront of you where you raised your eyebrows playfully. "You want me to slap you?" 

 

"Yah!" He whined, making you laugh as you pressed your lips on his cheek bringing a smile on his lips before he looked towards the other side where you kissed his other cheek. "Happy?" 

 

"Not yet." His face ended up inches away from yours, bringing warmth through your cheeks as you smiled, kissing his forehead where he puckered his lips, leaving you surprised. 

 

"Gosh." You bit your lip, leaning in as he closed his eyes but got a light smack on his lips making him yelp. "Hey!" 

 

"It's enough for the reward." You laughed, leaning back as he kept his narrowed eyes on you for a moment but instantly melted against your laughing face. 

 

And he eventually smiled back, slowly while shaking his head, muttering under his breath. "Damn, I love her." 

 

               __________________

 

7:46 pm

 

 

How did it end up like this? 

 

The sentence was being heard in Baekhyun's mind for the ninth time as he found himself sitting across the coffee table of his living room on the floor while staring at his girlfriend, too immersed in the task of studying beside him. 

 

He placed his elbow on the table to put his palm against his cheek. "Daisy." 

 

"Hm." 

 

"What are we doing?" 

 

"Studying." 

 

"And why?" 

 

"Isn't that why you asked me to come?" You questioned, glancing at him with a confused look and he sighed. "I never mentioned studying though." 

 

You blinked at him blankly, where he did the same as you both stared at each other for a second like that and your eyes widened, gasping. "Oh, right. I just thought of it myself." 

 

"Expected." He nodded, his lips curving upwards slowly. "I really have got myself a nerd for a girlfriend." 

 

Your forehead creased, with a smile making a way on your lips. "Aren't you proud?" 

 

"Without a doubt." His reply was instant with a proud glint in his eyes before his shoulders slumped as he dropped his head on your shoulder. "But I am bored and we haven't taken a break yet." 

 

"Geez." You chuckled, ruffling his hair softly to which he snuggled against you more while his arms hugging your waist and you continued to scribble his notebook since yours was at your home. "Get up and study, seriously. I always wonder how you get good marks when I don't even see you studying." 

 

"I do study, Daisy." He mumbled, against your neck erupting a warmth through your chest as you tried hard not to blush. "Then why aren't you?" 

 

"I am, though." 

 

"Huh?" 

 

Placing his chin on your shoulder, he tilted his head to look at you with an intensity. "I am studying my favorite subject right now." 

 

Heat rushed through your whole body as you gulped, blinking at him with enlarged eyes before scrunching your nose. "My god, why are you like this?" 

 

Before he could say anything, a sudden sound of thunder startled you both as your heads turned to the glass window of the balcony to see the faint lighting and a heavy pouring of rain following afterwards. 

 

"And it's raining without any prior notice as always." Baekhyun spoke, imitating some reporter, god knows who but either way, you giggled. "Really as always." 

 

"Shouldn't we have some coffee?" His excited tone went through your ears and you turned to him while leaning your face away while raising your eyebrows. "Yeah? Just say you want me to make some." 

 

"Oh? Aren't we a perfect match because you understand me so well?" His eyes twinkled, smiling widely and you couldn't help but agree as you looked away, shaking your head. "Can't argue with that." 

 

He giggled, kissing your cheek as the tip of his nose traced your cheek to which you smiled, blushing before pulling away from his grip to go to the kitchen but stopped midway as you turned to him. "Since you like my coffee so much, why don't you come and learn from me?" 

 

He stared at you blankly for a moment before throwing his head back on the seat of the couch behind him, lazily. "Oh, I am so lazy." 

 

You just rolled your eyes, before walking into the kitchen and after a while, you came back with two cups in your hands as you handed him his while handing yours too. "Hold it for me for a second." 

 

As he placed your cup on the table, he leaned back against the couch, facing his torso towards you with his crossed legs stretched ahead under the table while placing his elbow on the seat of the couch to put his fist against his temple as his adoring eyes followed your excited self towards the balcony with a smile. 

 

He took a sip of his coffee, bringing a pleasant smile on his lips while looking at your smiling face opening the balcony door a little before you walked back to him and sat beside him with your back facing him as you leaned against his chest while stretching your legs ahead. 

 

"You love rain now, huh?" He chuckled, handing your cup to you and you nodded, taking a sip. "Yes, I like the sound of it." 

 

"And I like the coffee you made." He said, taking another sip and you leaned your head against his shoulder. "Yeah? That's why you don't want to learn it?" 

 

"Why should I? When I have got you right here." His cheek bumped against your temple lightly before planting a kiss after and you chuckled. "Geez, you and your cheesy words." 

 

"But you love it, don't you?" He pressed, looking down at you and you shrugged, avoiding his eyes. "No comments." 

 

His laugh went through your ears bringing a smile to your face as you giggled back where a silence followed with the pitter-patter sound of rain going through in the silent living room, bringing a calm atmosphere while you both stayed like that, comfortably in each other's embrace. 

 

Placing the cups on the table, Baekhyun's phone buzzed with a message notification as he checked it to see it was from Chanyeol, saying that today's race has been canceled because of the sudden rain as he sent back an okay to him while reading out the message to you as well. 

 

"So you are not going anymore with that thing?" You questioned, and he rolled his eyes. "Till the end my bike is not getting its respect but yeah, I am not going." 

 

You giggled as he back hugged you by wrapping his arms around your shoulder. "Now we can spend more time together." 

 

"Too bad, because i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter