24/7

Imperfectly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10:12 am 

 

The robotic voice erupted around the whole area and announced the time of the flight which was soon to take off but thankfully, not yours for now. You found yourself standing in the middle of the airport, to go to your destination while your heart was hurting at the thought of leaving your loved ones behind for a while and even though you knew that you'll come back soon but still, you couldn't help but already felt your heart welling up. 

 

"Are you all serious right now?" 

 

A sigh left your lips as you stared at everyone standing still infront of you, trying hard not to cry as if they knew that their crying face would make you even more sad but that's exactly why you forbid them to not to see you off but here they were. 

 

"I clearly asked you not to see me off." You stated, tilling your head as your gaze went straight to Sarang who looked away sniffling. "Seulgi asked me to come with her." 

 

"Yah, it was you who asked me to go with you!" Seulgi exclaimed, avoiding your gaze as she instantly looked at Chanyeol. "He asked me to!" 

 

"Why are you dragging me?!" Chanyeol shouted, glaring at both girls who actually planned together to drag the both boys as Chanyeol's eyes went to Kyungsoo. "He planned it." 

 

"Like she's going to believe you." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and you just stared at them silently before shaking your head but a smile crept on your lips at their love for you. "Geez." 

 

Looking to your side, you found your mom checking your things or say, pretending to fiddle through your backpack since she was trying hard not to cry but you knew it, you always did whenever she fiddled with things like that. 

 

"Mom." You placed your hand over her, stopping her as she let out a sigh before looking at you with a smile but you could see how hard she was trying to force it as your heart welled up where you instantly pulled her in a tight hug. "I'll be back soon, so don't be sad." 

 

You blinked your eyes a couple of times to blink your tears away, but as much as you know your mom, she also knew you very well as her hand had rubbed your back gently making you hug her more tightly. 

 

Letting go, you looked at her silently for a moment before smiling. "You gotta take care of yourself very well, taking your medicine on time, not too much caffeine or sugar and sleep well-" 

 

"Yah, that much I know too." She interrupted, with a fake anger before smiling as she cupped your face. "You just do well and enjoy and know that I'm always proud of you, okay?" 

 

You smiled, nodding. "I'm also so proud of you." 

 

"Okay, come here!" You looked at your friends, and pulled them in a group hug tightly, and letting go, you felt Kyungsoo's hand patting your head. "Take care of yourself and do well, Ji-Ah." 

 

"Of course." You smiled, and he smiled back before groaning at the three cry babies infront of him. "It's not like she's never going to call us, wish her luck you cry babies!" 

 

Everyone laughed, while your eyes kept averting to the entrance to catch the glimpse of that person whom you were eager to see as without seeing him off, you could never leave where your eyes lit up catching his figure running towards you and a sense of relief rushed into your heart. 

 

"Finally!" 

 

Chanyeol exclaimed, as Baekhyun's feet stopped by your side, panting hardly as he bent over with his hands clasping his knees to make his breath steady before standing up straight and instantly locking his eyes with yours. "There was too much traffic." 

 

You sighed, fixing his hair. "Why did you run all the way here?" 

 

"Couldn't lose more time." He spoke, taking your hand in his to entwine them together while you stared at him silently but he could see the sadness behind it. 

 

Not long before, your mom gestured to everyone to come to the side to give you both your time to talk. 

 

"What was it that you forgot and drove back to get it?" You questioned, and he immediately fished out something from the inside of his jacket pocket which was a pendant, while the locket was made up in a shape of daisy flower. 

 

His hands had already wound around your neck, locking the pendant around your neck where your fingers traced the locket, with an amused chuckle. "Seriously? Because you call me Daisy?" 

 

A smile crept on his lips as he shook his head, your hair softly. "No, because you're my Daisy." 

 

And you couldn't contain the smile appearing on your lips before you took a glance at the bracelet you gave him. "You gotta take care of that and it will take care of you on my behalf." 

 

"Didn't you give me this to make you miss you even more?" He raised his wrist up and you rolled your eyes as you took a hold of his wrist, tracing the pearl of the bracelet while holding out your locket. "What about you, then?" 

 

"So I should take care of this forever?" 

 

Scrunching your nose, and clicking your tongue you shook your head. "Forever is too overrated, let's make it 24/7."

 

"24/7." His forehead creased, before nodding as a smile crept on his lips. "I like the sound of it." 

 

"Of course, like how we'll be together, 24/7." 

 

He chuckled, making you chuckle back as you both stared at each other for a while silently and the more you both did, the more your hearts welled up. 

 

Baekhyun was the one who instantly broke the ice, clearing his throat immediately. "Come on, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and hug me, as tight as you can."

 

He opened his arms for you, making you chuckle and without wasting any second, you wrapped your arms around his waist tightly, snuggling into his chest before feeling his arms around you tightly as he snuggled against your hair.

 

His embrace was warm, calm and safe, just like you have felt every time.

 

Staying in each other's arms for a while, you leaned your head away to tilt your head up and he looked down at you with a smile. Your eyes were glossy and so were his and you could feel that he was holding himself back from crying and your throat felt tight.

 

Caressing your hair with his gentle smile, he leaned in, pressing his warm lips on your forehead softly and you closed your eyes, sighing, feeling the warmth and saving the moment you are living right now.

 

As he leaned his head forehead against yours, he swallowed harshly, his hand your back slowly and your hands clutched onto his jacket tightly as you leaned your head back against his chest again.

 

The announcement erupted loudly and Baekhyun felt your arms tightening around him and his heart sank at the thought of you going away from him.

 

You hated this moment.

 

Going away from them, leaving them behind, your mom, your friends and him.

 

Biting your trembling lip, you sighed and felt him taking your arms off around his waist as he made you lean away to see his face, at the verge of crying and your heart shattered.

 

"Okay, it's time." He uttered, softly his thumb over the back of your hands, his lips curving into his beautiful smile. "Don't feel down, you're going for One and a half years, not from my heart, and I am always going to be here, so you'll be back to me, Daisy."

 

You chuckled. "Geez! You and your cheesy words."

 

His nose scrunched, as he nodded, smiling and you sighed. "You... Don't you dare catch a cold because you're hard to handle when taking care of and stay away from that bike thing... It's dangerous, and... And wait for me."

 

"That's a given." He caressed your cheek. "You have to call me as soon as you reach there, and call me when you are free and call me when you're not and stay warm and tell every guy there that you're taken so they won't even try to flirt with you."

 

You shook your head, giggling. "I can't with you."

 

He smiled, widely. "I know that." 

 

With that, you tiptoed and hugged his neck by snuggling your face in the curve of his neck where he instantly locked his arms around your waist as he buried his face in your shoulder, hugging you tightly. 

 

Leaning away, you cupped his face reaching out to press your lips on his forehead then to his lips and his response was immediate, his arms holding you firmly, gently, keeping you safe as he reciprocated with every emotion he wanted to convey and you felt it. 

 

And that's how your feet led you to your destination, walking away from them without you looking back as your tears began to roll down your cheeks and so did Baekhyun's, when he watched your figure disappearing from his sight. 

 

However, both of you knew, sooner or later, you'll be back into each other's arms again. 

 

             ____________________

 

 

8:16 pm

 

 

"Hey, Sofia Kim!" 

 

A feminine familiar voice called out the name with a very enthusiasm, causing your steps to halt just on the steps of stairs towards your dorm room floor where a light smile crept on your lips as you turned to the voice. "Hey, Mia. On your way somewhere?" 

 

"Yep!" The girl smiled widely. "There's a party down the street so you coming?" 

 

"Nope, too tired and gotta call family too." You scrunched your nose with an apologetic smile. "But you enjoy your time!" 

 

"Thanks, see you later!" Mia waved her goodbye, and ran over to the group of her friends before disappearing with them down the street while you sighed and went upstairs to your room. 

 

10 of February, and almost been a month in New York, the day you had stepped into this new city, it was unfamiliar, awkward and felt too distant that you wanted to go back to Korea. However, holding yourself back because a lot had happened to get you where you were right now so with making your mind, you began to let yourself be absorbed in this new place. 

 

Since you were from Korea, your name was kind of hard to pronounce here and fortunately your dad had given you another name called Sofia, the name he used to call you often but your mom always fought for Ji-Ah since she liked it more. 

 

So, you were Sofia Kim here. 

 

Mia was your dorm mate, living just across from your room and was sweet with you so you both got along well. 

 

"Ugh, I'm so full." You mumbled, laying back on your bed as you just came back after having some food before rolling on your stomach to get your laptop since you were supposed to  video call them. 

 

Opening it, you sat up with your crossed legs underneath you, before calling your mom's number and after a few rings, the call was received with your mom's face appearing on the screen making your lips curve up. 

 

"Hey, mom!" 

 

"My sweetie!" She chirped, waving her hand while placing her phone on the table to keep the angle properly and you giggled at her. "How was your day? You didn't overwork yourself, right?" 

 

"What do you take me for?" She tilted her head with a done look before looking back at somewhere and some sounds from the kitchen erupted making you look at her questionly. "Are you having a guest?" 

 

"No-" She got interrupted by another sound and took the phone in her hand where the angle got shaken to which you squinted your eyes to see clearly while she was walking to the kitchen where she raised her phone only to find Kyungsoo and Samuel in the kitchen. 

 

"What-" You stared at them with a confused look. "What are you both doing there?" 

 

"Oh Hey, Ji-Ah!" Kyungsoo smiled, taking a quick glance at you before turning his attention back to the stove where he was cooking something before Samuel's face appeared on the screen. "Oh, hey! How was your day? And did you find any good looking boys there?" 

 

"Seriously?" You heard your mom's voice before watching him getting slapped on his arm by her where you rolled your eyes but your eyes widened and heart skipped a beat when you heard his voice behind. 

 

"Is that something you ask a girl who's boyfriend is literally standing here?" 

 

And an unconscious chuckle left your lips at his words before the camera was pointed at him where a wave of heat rushed up your face as soon as his face appeared, and for a moment he was frozen but a beautiful smile curved on his lips. "Hey, Daisy!" 

 

"What-" 

 

"Give me the salt Baekhyun!" 

 

Kyungsoo shouted, and Baekhyun rolled his eyes before walking up to him, not before giving you a sheepish look where you sighed, not being able to even talk with the chaos happening in your house right now. 

 

"Hey, Supergirl!" Seulgi exclaimed, her excited face popping on the screen with Chanyeol behind who waved at you smilingly while walking past behind her to the kitchen. 

 

You palmed your chin with the support of your elbow on your leg. "Seriously, what's happening?" 

 

Your mom sighed before raising her phone ahead in the direction of the kitchen, turning from front camera to back where four of the males were standing by the counter looking busy with their tasks. 

 

"Came back from work and found these people outside home and they told me that they are here to join me in dinner and even told me not to enter the kitchen since they are going to cook." She explained. "I know about Kyungsoo, Sam and Chanyeol but I don't know what this person is doing?" 

 

She pointed the camera to Baekhyun who pouted at her which showed on the screen where you laughed. "He's going to mess up the whole kitchen, I'm warning you beforehand." 

 

"Excuse me?" He gasped, dramatically. "You're supposed to be on my side, Daisy!"

 

You just shook your head, whereas your mom laughed before she focused the camera on herself. "So, how was your first day at the Café? Was everything okay?" 

 

"Yeah." You let out a soft sigh. "The owner was nice as she was when I met her for the first time and it's a little different from Eunkyung Eonni's Café but it's still nice." 

 

Well, because of your scholarship, you didn't had to pay for your school but other things doesn't come paid such as your outgoing schedules so you already had your savings with you but you never know when you will be in need of more so thought of working at the Café which was just ten minutes walk from your dorm. 

 

"Then, I am glad to hear that." She smiled, and you nodded. "But I saw a few calls from mother Park, my phone was on silent so I saw it later, is everything okay?" 

 

"Yes, actually there's a family who wants to adopt Sara and she wanted to tell you that." she told and you smiled widely. "Really?! That's great!" 

 

"Oye, Sofia Kim!" 

 

You had to close your eyes with a chuckle upon hearing that and you knew that voice so well. "Yah, Kang Sarang!" 

 

"What?" She popped her face just beside your mom who had a done look where Sarang glared playfully. "You really hang up on me because of your dorm mate, huh?" 

 

Last night, both of you were having your phone talk and at that moment, Mia had knocked at your door for a night shower since her shower wasn't working so you had to explain to her about the things and therefore, you had hung up which led Sarang to have a grumpy mood. 

 

"Geez, Sarang, I told you about it already." You sighed, taking the laptop on your lap to stretch your legs ahead while leaning your back against the headboard. "So stop being angry now!" 

 

"Fine, I'm letting you off this once, Sofia Kim." She snapped and you rolled your eyes before laughing as she laughed back before Seulgi popped behind her. "Yah, send me some pictures of the Café too!" 

 

"Seyeong, I can't find the sesame oil!" 

 

You heard Samuel shouting behind where your mom got up with her phone before walking into the kitchen where she instantly handed the phone to Baekhyun and went back to help Samuel. 

 

"So, what are you doing in the kitchen and doing nothing?" You questioned, with a chuckle as soon as Baekhyun's face appeared on the screen where his lips curved in a smug grin. "I'm helping them with my existence, I guess." 

 

"Shut up." 

 

Both of you laughed, as Kyungsoo's voice snapped behind him where Baekhyun's eyes slightly widened with excitement. "Did you know that Sera and Kyungsoo have started dating today." 

 

"What?!" You exclaimed, and he yelped when Kyungsoo tried to kick him out of the kitchen before Chanyeol spoke up behind him. "And I was the one who saw it, this dude wasn't going to tell us till the things were good between them!" 

 

"Be quiet!" 

 

"Oh god!" You laughed, shaking your head. "You guys are so mean! Let him have his own time too!" 

 

The laughter kept echoing behind, where you stared at his laughing face with a smile as he walked outside of the kitchen to the living room as he stood by the door of the backyard which you could tell perfectly. 

 

"So?" You raised your eyebrows and he mirrored your look. "So?" 

 

"I'll call you after arriving home." You interpreted his message and crossed your arms over your chest. "So, this is the home you were talking about?" 

 

"Of course it's my home too." He gave a sheepish grin before his eyes closed in startled by the noise in the living room. "And I really didn't call them." 

 

"Yeah because you must have texted them countless times to join you." You stated, and he chuckled. "Is it that obvious?" 

 

"Because I know you well enough." You gave me a smug grin and his forehead creased, amused. "Is that so?" 

 

"Precisely." You giggled, and he tilted his head smiling with a yearning look in his eyes as if looking at you from the screen wasn't enough for him and your heart swelled up as you gulped. "What happened?" 

 

"What if I say I miss you right now?" He uttered, softly and you bit your lip, blinking twice. "And what if I say I miss you too?" 

 

His lips curved upwards. "Then I'll say that it's impossible to not to miss me." 

 

And a laugh escaped your lips, as you shook your head. "I really can't with you." 

 

"Oh, look!" He turned the camera for a moment to the back showing you the snowflakes pouring in the backyard. "It's snowing!" 

 

"Oh yeah." You smiled but frowned when he immediately turned the camera back to him. "Yah, I was watching the view." 

 

"Hello, I am the view." He clicked his tongue with a playful glare. "And it's per-" 

 

"Perfect." You interrupted, and his lips curved upwards making you do the same before he sat down on the stairs while extending his arm a little to keep his elbow on his knee. "But… Aren't you getting reminded of something after seeing the snow?" 

 

"Huh?" You tilted your head, before the night at his place had crossed your mind, leaving a sensation of heat through your heart and you cleared your throat. "Nope." 

 

"Yeah, and I can see you blushing through the screen, Daisy." He concluded, with a smirk on his lips and you rolled your eyes. "Aren't you feeling cold?" 

 

"I am," He trailed off, his lips forming in a pout as he sighed. "And you're not here to hug me so I can warm up." 

 

"Look at you." You chuckled, and both of you shared a smile while gazing at each other through the screen and both of you didn't have to talk since your eyes were enough to tell everything. 

 

However, the more you both stared at each other, the more your hearts were longing to be in each other's embrace and the thought had saddened you. 

 

"I love you." 

 

A sudden chills ran through your spine, at how suddenly he uttered those words like always and still gives you goosebumps like always at how passionate he sounded as your lips parted with your widened eyes. 

 

"That's what your eyes are telling me." 

 

And you blinked a couple of times, before letting out a huff. "You're seriously so annoying!" 

 

"And I love you too."

 

He shot back, laughing and as always, his laughter and his smiling face would always bring a joyful smile on your lips which had made you realize every time at that's how much you love this person. 

 

"I know." 

 

"Of course, you do." 

 

 

         ________________________

 

 

8th March

 

8:39 pm 

 

A groan left Baekhyun's lips as his left hand's wrist slightly bent as he walked in his apartment, before looking at his bandaged wrist to which he let out a sigh as he walked straight into his room. 

 

A while earlier, he had a race and won as usual but while speeding up the speed, his hand had bent over with a little too much force which led him to get a slight sprain in his wrist where of course, his friends wouldn't have left him alone till he had gotten it treated to drive him home. 

 

Cautiously, he slid off the jacket from him to wash up but then he realized that he can't even wash up unless he takes the help of someone where a sudden glimpse of yours crossed his mind. 

 

"I miss her." 

 

A sigh left his pouty lips and sat down on the bed with a dejected feeling before dropping his back on the mattress while fishing out his phone as the screen lit up with the wallpaper of you both which he had taken when you both were having the flour fight. 

 

His thumb caressed the screen slowly, as his lips curved upwards as the scene played in his head, and felt his heart welling up with the emotions as he gulped, laying his arm over his eyes. 

 

"Damn, I miss you so much, Daisy." 

 

On the other hand, you walked out of bathroom after taking a shower before drying your hair quickly since you were feeling eager to talk to Baekhyun, after knowing what happened and the person himself, didn't let you know about it was making you feel upset and angry for some reason but above all, there was a huge worry. 

 

"Idiot, why wouldn't he tell me?" You grumbled, pouting as you placed the dryer back on the table before immediately jumping on the bed to get your laptop to video call him. 

 

That's when something hit your mind as you instantly grabbed your phone to call him as you pressed your phone against your ear. 

 

Baekhyun flinched, as his phone rang through the whole silent room where he tiredly checked his phone and his eyes lit up seeing the name where a smile curved on his lips before pressing the phone on his ear. 

 

[Hey, Daisy!] 

 

And no matter how much you tried to get upset at him, his voice always calmed you down but then remembering how he had gotten hurt made your insides worry. [Baek.] 

 

Upon hearing your down voice, a frown appeared between his eyebrows and with a slight wince, he sat up. [Daisy, is everything okay there? Why do you sound so down?] 

 

[Because I want to see you.] You mumbled, and he had heard clearly as he bit his lip. [Me too.] 

 

[Then why don't we video chat?] You suggested, and he was about to agree but his eyes stopped at his bandaged wrist and worry was the last thing he wanted you to feel for now. 

 

[Actually-] 

 

[Are you trying to hide it from me?] You frowned, a sudden anger rising up in your system and Baekhyun instantly closed his eyes realizing your words and knowing who could be the person who told you about it. 

 

"Seulgi, that brat-" He muttered, with a slight annoyance as he sighed. [When did she tell you?] 

 

[That's not important, the point is that we decided not to hide anything from each other.] You sighed, and Baekhyun hummed, his lips. [We did, but there's a reason, Daisy.] 

 

[I'm sure there is, that's why I'm trying my really best not to get angry right now.] You bit your lip. [I'm video calling you so pick up.] 

 

[Wait! You're going to get very angry and I don't want that so let's just talk this way, hm?] He pressed, and you felt his voice getting low as if he was feeling sad and that made you even more angry as you huffed. [Fine! Let's not talk then!] 

 

As soon as you hung up, a sudden wave of guilt rushed inside you, making you rub your face with your hands as a groan left your lips. "Ah, you idiot! You weren't supposed to get angry, Daisy!" 

 

While on the other hand, Baekhyun had his eyes closed as he also felt guilty for hiding it because he didn't want to show you his injured hand since you would get worried and upset for not being there for him as he knows how much you overthink about little things. 

 

However, he also know you so well and he knew that you would be feeling guilty by now and waited for your call as he knew, you weren't someone who would get embarrassed by apologizing and both of you won't even sleep until you both have sorted this out because fighting was the last thing you both wanted in your relationship. 

 

And like he had expected, he got a call where he saw his Daisy's name as his lips curved upwards where he instantly answered it, his heart rose up with a joyful feeling seeing your face. 

 

Placing his phone by his pillow, he laid on his side where he saw your head tilted down and he knew you were finding some words to say and he waited, while staring at you intently trying to fulfill his missing feeling of not being able to see you. 

 

You knew what that person was doing by not talking at all, to give you some time to think and the more you felt blessed to have him, the more you felt guilty for getting angry. 

 

Slowly looking up, you met his intent soft gaze and a warm smile crept on his lips. "It's okay, Daisy." 

 

"No, it's not okay at all." You uttered, biting your lip. "I'm sorry, I was trying not to get angry but I just overreacted again." 

 

"You didn't," He trailed off, as he placed his head on his bent arm. "You were worried because I was trying to hide it from you but that's exactly why I did it because you would be feeling guilty for not being here for me." 

 

"And hiding it from me would have made me more upset," You paused, taking the laptop on your lap to lean your back against the headboard. "Think about it, if I had gotten to know about it later? It would have made me even more guilty and upset so instead of hiding anything, let's just tell everything to each other." 

 

"Right, I'm sorry then because I thought too much about it." He spoke, his nose scrunching which he always does whenever he wants to be forgiven and as always, you would smile at him. "Okay, but you should scold me or get angry at me too if I get overboard." 

 

"How can I possibly scold you?" He raised his eyebrows, with a playful grin curving on his lips. "You don't know how adorable and spicy you look when you're in an angry mood." 

 

"Seriously." You rolled your eyes as you shook your head, giggling. "That's why you get scolded by me!" 

 

"How about you scold me in another way?" 

 

"In what way?" You questioned, frowning and he winked, where you scoffed, shaking your head. "ert!" 

 

And a laugh escaped his mouth, with a wince behind where your eyes jolted up. "Yah, be careful!" 

 

"I am good," He chuckled, bringing his bandaged wrist up to y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter