Discovering Something New

Imperfectly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

11:48 am 

 

"Yah!"

 

Baekhyun yelled loudly smacking the taller guy beside him who groaned and pretended to hit him back before averting his eyes to the TV as they didn't wanted to loss the game.

 

"Stop being loud." Kyungsoo spoke calmly yet in a warning tone to them who was sitting on the couch munching some snacks before giving it to the lady lying on the couch imersed in her phone.

 

"Yo, bros!" Seulgi exclaimed sitting up and taking their attention. "You're down for the trip, right?"

 

"Why are you even asking?" Chanyeol replied lazily focusing on the game where a pack of chips was thrown towards him which he dodged and began to eat.

 

Four of them were gathered in Kyungsoo's apartment since last night as after hanging out, they just slept off there and now were being too loud for making Kyungsoo to throw them out in the next minute. Baekhyun shouted loudly enough to make the three people flinch by high pitch exclaim and looked at him to see him fighting with the opponent furiously where he instantly knocked him out before shouting in victory.

 

Before Kyungsoo could beat the heck out of the boy, Baekhyun's phone rang which he fished out to check and the smile faded away from his face as a poker face was shown.

 

He shoved it back ignoring it with a serious look making his friends worry and Chanyeol paused his game. "Who was it? Your father's secretary?"

 

Baekhyun just nodded. "The usual client dinner."

 

"So? You going?" Kyungsoo questioned as he saw Baekhyun grabbing his jacket from the couch and looked back at him. "It's not like I have a choice."

 

"Okay, be careful." Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun nodded before walking out his apartment to his apartment leaving his worried friends behind.

 

Meanwhile, you put the bags in the back seat before setting yourself in the passengers seat where your mom was already sitting in the driving seat before you both drove off. 

 

As you both were halfway through the road, the car suddenly halted and that's when your mom told that you were out of petrol. Sighing in unison, you both looked at eachother before your mom parked the car sideways and decided to take a cab.

 

You both stood at the bus stop with bags in your both hands and a packed cake in your mom's hands while trying to hail a cab but all in vain.

 

Back to Baekhyun, who was driving to his destination but a tiny figure got his eyes even from a far as he squinted his eyes to look more properly and he was right.

 

It was you.

 

His lips curved into a smile unconsciously seeing your face as he wasn't feeling very good today after the appointment message but his eyes sparkled seeing you standing there with a light blue top and white jeans.

 

A car suddenly halted infront you where you and your mom looked at eachother confusingly before the window rolled down then the stranger bend down a little to show his face who turned out to be Baekhyun himself.

 

"Oh! It's sweet boy!" Your mom exclaimed making Baekhyun giggle at her excited tone and you looked at her weirdly before locking eyes with Baekhyun who was already looking at you smiling.

 

"Hello, Miss. Universe." He greeted her getting out of the car standing infront her before glancing at you to find you already looking at him with a frown.

 

You scanned him up to down as he was wearing a blue stripped polo shirt tucked down in his black pants with his sleeves rolled up and his black hair styled upwards which indicated that he was on the way to an event.

 

"Are you going somewhere?" He questioned glancing at the bags in your hands making you snap out and you mentally hit yourself for staring too much before noticing that this good looking guy was gaining so much attention.

 

"We're heading to the orphanage." Your mom told. "But our car broke down and now we are waiting for a cab to hail."

 

Baekhyun made a O shaped face nodding. "Why don't you two come with me? I can drop you off there."

 

You instantly shook your head. "No, it's alright. You seem to be busy and we'll hail a cab."

 

Baekhyun chuckled at you. "I'm not that busy and it'll be on the way."

 

"But-"

 

"Ji-Ah." You both looked at your mom giving you a fake stern look. "Where are your manners? Someone is giving us a lift and that too a sweet and handsome guy. When that happens, you shouldn't say no to him. "

 

You stared at your mom with a seriously look where Baekhyun smiled shyly before taking the bags from your hands. "It's decided then."

 

You couldn't even refuse further as both of them walked to his car before Baekhyun placed the bags in the back seat and opened the door passenger door for your mom like a gentleman.

 

As he walked to his side, he looked at you smirking. "Do you want me to open the door for you too?"

 

You rolled your eyes. "No, thanks. I can do that myself."

 

You settled yourself in the back seat leaving Baekhyun giggling at you before he sat inside and started driving.

 

While driving, Baekhyun's eyes kept going to rear-view mirror to look at you sitting silently in the middle staring outside the window before his eyes spotted something on your mom's lap.

 

"Is this perhaps a cake?" He asked cautiously and your mom's eyes perked up as she smiled at him nodding. "Yes, It's for Ji-Ah. Today's her birthday."

 

"Wait- Really? I didn't know." He looked at her surprised then to you from the rear-view mirror and locked eyes with you which you instantly broke.

 

"She doesn't really tell anyone and always celebrate it with the children of orphanage every year since it's her wish." Your mom told him and Baekhyun smiled lightly while you were staring at your mom weirdly.

 

"Mom, Why don't you tell him my history too?" You remarked sarcastically and she looked back at you mirroring your look. "Can I do that?"

 

"Mom!" You exclaimed whining and she giggled looking back at Baekhyun who was silently enjoying the mother daughter interaction. "Sorry, my daughter is not very sociable."

 

Baekhyun chuckled. "I know that very well, Ms. Universe."

 

You raised your eyebrows looking at him through the rear-view mirror where he locked eyes with you and smiled innocently making look away rolling your eyes.

 

The ride was smooth with you silently watching your mom awfully loosening up to Baekhyun and chattering with him as if they were longterm bestfriends. Soon, the car pulled over infront of the orphanage entrance gate and you took the bags in your hands before looking at Baekhyun who was drumming his fingers on the steering wheel. 

 

You cleared your throat and he looked at you confused before your mom smiled getting out of the car and you sighed. "Um, Thank you." 

 

Baekhyun stared at you surprised before smiling. "No worries, Daisy." 

 

"Then, go safely." You mumbled out of habit as you always say to your mom without realizing and got out of the car before walking away with your mom inside.

 

Unknown to you, Baekhyun heard it well enough for make his heart flutter as slowly his lips curved upwards in a smile before he started the engine and drove off smiling.

 

"Ah, I didn't wish her." He bit his lower lip disappointed at sudden realization before he looked through the rear-view mirror to the back and his eyes spotted a bag in the back seat.

 

Stopping the car sideways, he turned back to take the bag confusingly. "Did she left it behind?"

 

An idea popped up in his mind as he smiled. "I should give this back to her."

 

Placing the bag on the passengers seat, he started the engine again and made a U turn to drive back to his destination. Reaching the place, he got off the car and greeted the security guard before walking inside the house.

 

Baekhyun was walking around like a lost puppy until he ended up in a silent hallway while looking here and there until he heard some faint sound of piano erupting by the end of the hallway. Before he knew it, he was following the sound and found himself at the doorway of the room where he saw some children sitting on the chairs and then to piano located in the middle of the two windows either side.

 

And there were you, sitting on the seat and playing the piano with a little smile on your lips with your focus on the piano keys playing the birthday tune while the children clapping slowly with the rhythm. 

 

"Baekhyun-ah!"

 

Baekhyun jolted up at the voice before looking over to see your mom walking towards him with a confused look as she stood beside him. "What are you doing here?"

 

"Uh.. Oh..." He felt himself stuttering suddenly and forgetting the reason of being here before snapping out as he held out the bag. "You forgot this in my car."

 

She gasped. "Thank you so much, you don't know how much Ji-Ah was whining for losing this."

 

"I wasn't whining." You intruded getting their atten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter